Start by marking “Hot Blooded: Part 2” as Want to Read:
Hot Blooded: Part 2

Hot Blooded: Part 2

(Dark Kings #4B)

Published December 16th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Hot Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Blooded

Shauni
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book.

Donna Grant has woven this wonderful tapestry of characters. An epic battle that could hang on any castle wall. A story of good verses evil to the extreme. Betrayal, denial, unrequited love and more. Her Dark Kings Series is expanding Part II Of Hot Blooded only turns up the fire.

Heading into part two of Hot Blooded, we left things on edge at the edge of Part 1. Laith was trying to figure out how to tell Iona not only who she was but what she was and how impo
KathyAnne
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment... really loving this book so far.... on to part three! Full review after I finish all 4 installments... :)
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Oh my, so many questions...will Rhys be ok? who's Rhi's dragon lover? who's after Iona?
* Booksessed * Bec
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-net-galley
Another great addition. Leaves a lot of questions about what's going on with Rhy. Hopefully we'll find out soon

Book provided by the publisher for an honest review.
Alima Livzletlivz
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: Hot Blooded is a four-part book, and should be read in sequence, and the four parts will be published as one single book in January 2015.

This review is for all the four parts and will be the same for all four books.

The battle between good and evil, human and demon is a never-ending war waged for centuries and shall continue into the future with destructive consequences, as power and control take precedence over everything. And as history shows, for every act of evil, there will be reacting
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )

Samanthabooks Woods on piZap.com

Samanthabooks Woods on piZap.com

Hot Blooded Part 2:

'I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review'

No matter how much Laith tries to deny that Iona is his he is starting to realize that she is his mate and it would be easier to not fight it.

Iona is finally starting to realize what it's like to make friends. As well as finding out that her father was not who she thought he was. She comes to find
Sandy S
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars:

Release Date: Part 2-- December 16, 2014

The exclusive e-serial continues! From New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant comes the HOT BLOODED: PART II, second sensual Dark Kings tale set in the wild Highlands of Scotland, where love and danger collide…Heat infused her wherever Laith touched. Breathing became difficult as he caressed up her sides until he cupped her face. His head lowered, and she rose up to meet him. Their lips met, sending sparks of desire and need zipping throu
Linda
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
The plot thickens... dark forces are in play, but who is leading them? AND the attraction between Laith and Iona grows... AND favorite characters from previous books come into play!

"John Campbell was found dead this morning." He was murdered...

The Campbells had owned the fifty acres bordering Dreagan for countless generations...

"Who's going to guard the land?" Laith asked....

"John has a daughter, Iona."

HOT BLOODED by Donna Grant is another mesmerizing read in Donna's Dark Kings series. I rea
Cocktails and Books
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So many things happening in this second installment I’m not sure where to begin. In this second installment to Hot Blooded, we see a letter from her deceased father; answer some of Iona’s questions. However, just as some of the questions she has are answered, many more crop up to take their place.

Laith is finally coming to terms with the fact that Iona means something more than any other mortal does to him. Why is it that the Dragon Kings act as if they’re being hit by a semi when they realize w
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Dec 16 2014 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

In a Flutter: Awesomesauce!
Fluttering Thoughts:
Worldbuilding: Love the Dark Kings world, plus the Scotland setting.
Characters: Iona and Laith are awesome, but we get to focus on a some really awesome other characters as well, like Rhi, and Rhys (wove him!), and Lily of course…I am so looking forward to the next stories in the series, seriously!
And I love Con too, though sometimes he’s harder to get…at least for now.
Plot: I love how the
Crystal Marie
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay, in part 2, most of the storylines began to make sense. Unfortunately, we got even MORE points of view. I’m honest that overdone angst is liable to make me foam at the mouth and stop reading any book – and if I hadn’t already agreed to review all four parts, I would have stopped reading half way through this installment.
As if this wasn’t troublesome enough, there were three characters with similar names – so much so that I got confused every time Rhi, Rhy, or Ryder was brought up. Having t
Maghon Thomas
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, netgalley
This is the second part of the serial being released. This is the next installment with awesome characters and a great plot. We are going for the good vs evil fight and I can't wait to see what's gunna happen. We ended on a little mini cliff hanger at the end of the first book.

Laith is trying to tell Iona who she is, how she's needed, and what she means to him. But things got complicated, and he won't admit to himself that she's his mate, not yet anyways :)

Iona is a little bit freaking out. He
Casey
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
A copy was provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

This review is for all the four parts and will be the same for all four books.

Hot Blooded is a book released in four parts, the four parts will be released as a novel in January 2015. I had not read any of Donna Grant’s books before, and I gotta say, I was missing out. I have just recently taken interest in paranormal/fantasy romance. I had only read one dragon shifter book in the past and I was not all that interested. These highland dragon
Eva Millien
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Iona finds out that she is surrounded by secrets in this fascinating installment of Hot Blooded.

With a fast pace and smooth flowing plot, this installment keeps readers hovering on the edge of anticipation with suspense, excitement and romance. The reader can’t help but get caught up in the story as Laith and Iona dance around their attraction and the excitement of Iona discovering that she right smack in the middle of lots of secrets.

Well written scenes and details capture the imagination while
Paula
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot Blooded is part of a mesmerizing paranormal series by Donna Grant. This may the best book to date. While you may be able to follow all the intricate storylines in the four part series, you enjoyment will be greatly enhanced by reading all of the Dragon Kings stories.

In Hot Blooded: Part 2 the conflict continues to heat up just as the attraction between Laith and Iona does. I like both of these individuals who have been down such different paths in their lives just to end up at the same place
Jessica Loves Books
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This installment in the series was much like the first. It kept me interested, the pace of the story is moving along nicely, and we are getting to know more about all of the characters. It is still a little bit hard keeping all of the characters straight - there is a big cast. Plus, there are so many allusions to things that have happened in the past, that more backstory would make everything a little easier to understand. Overall, still a good read, and I will be continuing on to find out what ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
This was amazing, I have so many questions and can't wait to read the next one to see if they will be answered. I love a book with a good mystery. This one keep me turning the pages hoping to see what was going on. Will Rhys be ok, what's up with Con and who killed Iona's father and will Laith give in to his feelings? On to the next to see. the author has done a great job with the story and the characters.

I was given a copy by the publisher via Netgalley in exhange for a honest review.
Kat Green
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot Blooded: part 2

Part two of Hot Blooded is a great continuation of part one. It leaves you hanging on the edge and wanting book 3 immediately. I really am intrigued by not only the mystery of who exactly the killer is, but by what's going on with Rhys. You can't help but feel for him and wonder what's happening. I suspect that's going to be another story. Now I'm off to plunge into book 3.
Melba
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This may the best book to date. This was amazing; I have so many questions and can't wait to read the next one to see if they will be answered. I love a book with a good mystery. This one kept me turning the pages hoping to see what was going on. Donna Grant has done a great job with the story and the characters.

Margaret Sholders
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We left with Iona and Laith being chased by bad guys. They make for her house and Laith takes care of them so they will be safe. Iona learns her father was murdered and then Laith tells her to read his letter that gives her understanding about what she is up to. Now their friend Rhys is in trouble. What next? I have this book for an honest review for NetGalley.
Samantha
Oh still so many questions. Who is Rhi's lover? What's going on with Con and the light Queen? Will Rhys be okay? And then who is after Iona?

Things are heating up with Laith and Iona and she's figuring out there is more going on than she expected. I absolutely love this series!
Sam
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 is just as much as a good read as the rest of the series so far, very fast read, well developed characters, a fantastic plot line cant wait for part 3
Beth
Oct 14, 2015
Lois Alston
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)
“Laith took off his boots and set them next to a tree. "We've been here since the dawn of time. We're no' going anywhere, Rhys. We're supposed to be protecting the humans, remember?"
"The humans doona want our protection. We sent our dragons away for them, and for what purpose? To hide who we are, to forget the fierce magic that runs through our veins?”
0 likes