Start by marking “Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)

Give Me Hell

(Give Me #4)

Mackenzie Valentine is wilful, fiery, and determined to prove she doesn’t need anyone. Desperate to break free from the over-protective parents and three older brothers who dictate her every move, she runs away at the age of seventeen to hunt down the only boy who makes her feel alive.

Jake Romero has no choice but to leave the best thing that ever happened to him, taking h
395 pages
Published July 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Hell, please sign up.
Krystal Sept 21st 2015 facebook post from Kate McCarthy: "So many enquiries about Give Me Hell! I love that everyone is excited for Mac and Jake's story! I am…moreSept 21st 2015 facebook post from Kate McCarthy: "So many enquiries about Give Me Hell! I love that everyone is excited for Mac and Jake's story! I am too. And I'll be working so hard to make sure I do this couple justice. I've recently started it. I have no release date, but this book WILL be my next release."(less)

Start your review of Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
Hanne
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Give Me Hell is the story of the only female Valentine, Mac. I’ve wanted her story ever since meeting her. She’s loud, independent, outgoing, honest, protective and caring. She does whatever she wants to do. When she sets her mind on something, nobody can change her mind. I always thought she belonged to someone special and Jake is someone special. Jake is sweet, talented, kind and strong. He is the drummer of Jamieson and he loves making music with his friends. He didn’t have the easiest past, ...more
Tahsin
I have been waiting for this book, since 2014? 2015? It’s been a longass time, is basically what I’m saying. The first time I read it, I did so after rereading the entire series. It felt a little underwhelming then? But I read it again just now, and my heart is bursting with all the feels. I’m embarrassed I ever thought it was underwhelming; it’s the very definition of overwhelming. I fucking love this series, and this particular book takes the fucking cake.

Still waiting for that book like
description

OH
Wendy
Re-read 6/26/18..... these two are still freaking awesome ;)

5hearts.jpg (1205×210)

I have been waiting for this book a long time. I first finished book 3 in this series in 2014 and now we finally have Mac's story !!

finally.gif (500×213)

To be honest....it was worth the wait !!

I have known Mac ever since I started book 1 in the series. She has been an absolute constant thoughout the whole series and I have been on pins and needles to find out what was really going on between her and Jake.

334696a939060c264d55ef4cc135436f.gif (472×300)

I think this book could technically be read as a sta
Paige
4 "Family" Stars

Give Me Hell is Mac and Jake's story. Starting in the present and then going back to where it all started, we get to see their romance bloom. Encompassing all three prior books, the story weaves a tale of their family, both by blood and by choice, and shows that even when things were hard, Mac and Jake were always meant to be.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
Tammy  Zautner
I know you've been waiting years for the Queen Bee’s story, and it's finally here, in all of its heartache and glory! Did you expect anything less? Were you hoping for a quick, easy cruise? Uh yeah, not going to happen. You're about to take one, wild ride and it will be a fast, bumpy, intense spin. Upon embarking, find those "oh shit" handles and hold on. Seriously, the heartache—don’t skimp on the tissue. If you are familiar with Kate's writing, then you know she's pure evil. This woman is abso ...more
Kim
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not gonna lie...after waiting so long and knowing how hard Kate worked on this book, I was actually scared to start it. It is a longer book, and I was actually afraid maybe it would not live up to my expectations or something.

But thankfully, I had nothing to worry about. I was captivated, and the whole time I both never wanted it to end, but also desperately wanted to find out the ending. Jake grabbed my heart from the beginning and it just kept breaking for him. From past to present his p
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
After three years patiently waiting we finally have Jake & Mac's story. I was initially worried that I would have forgotten some things but it all came back to me really quickly. And of course there was a big teaser at the end of the last book which I was busting to read more about.

Kate does a great job of reminding readers of what has come before this story and I was surprised when I realised that Jake and Mac's story had already been playing out through the whole series. Alongside all the othe
Seena Seena
OMG I want to pee from excitement!
Rachel
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mac and Jake’s story is one that has been hinted at in the background of the Give Me series since the beginning, and Give Me Hell does not disappoint. This story covers everything from their very first meeting to the multiple run-ins they have throughout their interconnected past, right up to present. It follows these two through the background of Mac’s brothers’ stories, moving Mac and Jake to center-stage, while refreshing major points in the earlier plot points.

Because they have so much his
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

This is the kind of review I hate to type. The one where I am sitting here trying to not say I totally hated a book but also can’t say that I liked it that much either. I know and understand that sometimes a book doesn’t always work for everyone and I think that this is what happened in this situation. It had the potential to be a book that I normally would love but I got bored, it dragged and it couldn’t keep my
Bookgyrl
Aaggghhh. I don't even want to write a review. I expected something quite different. The story of Mac and Jake with some flashbacks. Not some OTT drama and a retelling of all the other books but then from another POV (I have read them!) Another book where communication could have prevented so much and I thought Mac was often quite unsympathetic.

“They would have killed you!” My shout is so loud she flinches. Why can’t she see that I was just trying to keep her alive! “I can take care of myself!”
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Give Me Hell (Give Me #4) by Kate McCarthy
3.5 stars!!

“Don’t worry when I fight with you. Worry when I stop, because it means there’s nothing left for us to fight for.”

Kate McCarthy chucked everything at this book, humour, angst, suspense, intrigue, first love, second chance love, action and swoon. In fact, having just finished, my head is still spinning and I’m thinking, yes, Kate McCarthy, you have Given Me Hell. How the hell am I supposed to review this? My brain is running a mile
The Novel Lifestyle
*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

“Family means no one ever gets left behind.”

HOLY FREAKING WOW GUYS! I have finally found a new top favourite for 2017!!! From the gorgeous cover to the epic love story that spans over a decade, this book was an addictive, heart-racing, action packed, drama filled, EPIC romance that had me absolutely hooked from the first word to the very last (literally!!!). I honestly could not put it down. Lovers of romantic suspense, you need this series in your life. (You really
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2017-reads
Give Me Hell was a very difficult book for me to get through. It was a combination of multiple things that didn't sit well with me. I don't want to go into great detail about every aspect that turned me off, but the main issue was Mackenzie's character. I felt she came across as bitchy, disrespectful, and had a lack of empathy for others. She did have a few good qualities -- head strong, confident, and independent. But those couldn't seem to change my perception of her.

I did however really enjoy
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this book for what seems like forever so when I found out Kate was finally releasing it, I was a little scared to start. After so much anticipation and seeing how long the book was I was a little afraid that it wouldn't live up to all the expectations I had put on it.

Boy was I wrong! This book was everything and more! I was captivated from the start and never wanted it to end but at the same time wanted to find out how their story would end. Jake grabbed my heart from the b
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

ARC received for an honest review

Sweet baby cheeses and all that is holey! It has been a bit of a wait for Give Me Hell, but well worth it!

Mac Valentine has always been a bit of a favourite of mine. I love her snark and fight and don't give a f&*k attitude, and would like to think that we would be fantastic friends.

I loved going back and reading her story from the past right up to today. We know about her as the manager of Jamieson, but holy tears, Batman! What we learn had my heart breaking

I do
Miranda Elaine
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Was this book worth the wait or what! Kate McCarthy delivered a complex book that took us through time (goes back into the past from when Mac is 11 until current day) and we get to see the troubles of the three previous books play out through the eyes of Jake and Mac. This story was incredibly complex, beautiful and full of badassery!

Mac is not ashamed of her bitchy personality and the brashness that comes from it. Now is she willing to change for anyone. Her friends love how loyal she is
Becky Rendon
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you thought for one second the title of this book was a cute phrase or just something sweet, think again. It's been years since I read the first book in this series but wow did I come back at the right time!

I may have read book one but somehow I missed the others...I bought them but never got around to reading them. Clearly a mistake on my part! I am a mess. This book left me in tears. It tore my heart out repeatedly then rolled a vehicle over it. As if that wasn't enough, it gave me Hell....
HMS
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Romero comes into the Valentine's life when his father suffers a debilitating brain aneurism and can no longer care for 14 yo Jake. MacKenzie's mother, a social worker, takes him in while locating a more permanent foster home in Sydney. While their first encounter isn't ideal, he becomes her ally in her constant antagonization of her four brothers. As their friendship grows, so does their love. Jake drifts into the Valentine's lives for the next few years until he disappears in Mel
Krystal
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW.

This book was hands down my favorite in the entire series. Kate McCarthy out did herself with this one. Not only was it a beautiful story but the way she went back and gave us little glimpses of each book was complete talent. I usually hate retold stories but this did it in a way that it wasn't boring but so enthralling to see another POV in certain scenes.

Jake and Mac were perfect. Their story was an emotional roller-coaster but worth every second.

I can't wait for (view spoiler)
BB
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
It has been a while since I've read a heroine I hate as much as Mac. I wanted to tell her to stop whining, stop being a bitch, and grow up.

Also, why ruin Jared and Travis? If Mitch gets his own book, I won't read it. Mac's brothers are the villains of this story, and it completely ruins them from the previous books. This book ruins the entire series.

DNF 45%
Mylena
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
why tell every single story again? we've read the other books!!!
if this book were edited and told only mac and jake story I'd give it 4 stars
it felt like read this book stole 3 years of my life
Rebecca
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mac’s story is HERE! And, BOY does it live up to the expectations I had after finishing Casey and Grace’s story where Kate McCarthy teased readers a bit with insight into Mac and Jake’s relationship.

Give Me Hell traces the entirety of Mac and Jake’s relationship, illustrating pivotal moments between them and the consequences of a series of life defining incidences - ones that irrevocably changed the dynamics of who Mac and Jake were and how they viewed one another throughout the years spent apar
Vera
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Amazing!

Give Me Hell is the story of Mackenzie Valentine and Jake Romero. They met when they were only eleven and since then their relationship has been a rollercoaster, with lots of ups and downs. They've been apart and found each other again. They let the past, dream, and hopes, interfere and tear them apart. But the love they feel for each other is so intense, it keeps throwing them together. Will they fight to be together?

I loved Give Me Hell! Jake and Mac's story took me
Rebecca Wheeler
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 I'm still recovering from rivers of tears stars!!

4 1/2 stars!

Firstly, Damn you Kate, that was so unfair (soooooob!!).

Secondly, this book made me feel so much! I laughed (a lot!!) and got angry, cried sad tears, cried emotional tears, cried happy tears. I had an emotional break after the final chapter, before the Epilogue, because I was still crying in my kitchen - because Mac and Jake's dad (heart clench), after that other thing she put us through.

But then the Epilogue read last night, wh
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t choose the badass life, the badass life chose me.

I am assuming if you are reading this review, that you have read the rest of this amazing series. And that like me, you have been waiting on pins and needles for Mac’s story. Because for many books we have been like: what happened with Jake and Mac? Why is Mac always so dang angry, and the way Give Me Grace left off we were all like what the what?!

See, Mac is a special character. She is one of those strong heroines that you cannot hel
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

I had a feeling that if the anticipation over this book didn't kill me, the story itself definitely would. I couldn't have been more right. Give Me Hell wrecked me. This story was brutal and beautiful and everything in between. McCarthy broke my heart over and over again and then she put it all back together again. Well, almost.
There has been a lot of build up for this book. We have seen the dynamics between Mac and Jake throughout the series which has made me intrigued and desperate for more. F
Amanda
I have been waiting for Mac's story since I read Give Me Love and I was not disappointed. This book is everything and more than I could have ever dreamed of. Mackenzie Valentine is one of the most badass, kick ass and over all amazing females I shave ever read or seen portrayed. She has bigger balls than 99% of the so called "alpha males" in other books and she finally meets her match in Jake Romero. He is bad ass on his own but so swoony when he supports her in her badassary.
Mac and Jake's stor
Le Ann Foster
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4 stars!

Give Me Hell is the 4th title in the Give Me Series, and is Mackezine and Jake story. Their story begins when they are children to now as adults. The story is captivating, engaging and entertaining.

You will get to see both points of view of events and is packed with drama, suspense, friendship, love, loss and family.

Mac is a strong, smart, stubborn and determine to live life to the fullest. She is often held back by her family.
Anne Milne
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought going into this that it would be a cute story of young love but how wrong I was and what a delightful surprise that was.
So this is Mac and Jake's story if you've read the previous books you will be familiar with all the players in their story. We start off in the present and as the book progresses we travel back to see how their relationship started.
I loved going back as we get to see not only them meeting but we see a young Mac growing up with her protective brothers and a family who
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Engulfing Emma (Men on Fire #3)
  • Through the Lens
  • Jack & Sadie
  • All I Ask
  • Wicked Intentions (Wicked Games, #3)
  • Beautifully Cruel
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Wicked Sexy (Wicked Games, #2)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Rory (Savage Brothers MC: Tennessee Chapter, #3)
  • Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops: Echo Team #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • No Fair Lady (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #5)
  • Reckless Obsession (The Reckless Rockstar Series)
  • Desperately Seeking Landlord
Kate McCarthy grew up in a small town outside of Port Macquarie, Australia. Raised in a house just a short walk to the beach, Kate enjoyed the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and friendships that come from being raised in a friendly, small town area.
She now resides in Brisbane, Australia, a city in the state of Queensland where she works as an accountant, along with a sideline wedding cake business a

Give Me (4 books)
  • Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)
  • Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)