Start by marking “Becoming the Whiskey Princess (Taking Risks, #2)” as Want to Read:
Becoming the Whiskey Princess (Taking Risks, #2)

Becoming the Whiskey Princess

(Taking Risks #2)

For better or worse, for richer or poorer, ‘til almost death do they part…

Amberlyn Reilly took a risk and found a new life in Ireland. She did something drastic and jumped in front of a loaded gun for the one she knew she couldn’t lose. And with her mother’s last request, she did more than fall in love. She fell into Declan O’Callaghan—with her eyes wide open and her damag
Published February 16th 2015 by Toni Aleo

To ask other readers questions about Becoming the Whiskey Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming the Whiskey Princess

Catarina
3,5 Sweet Stars.

After everything they went through, things are finally starting to fall in place for Amberlyn and Declan. Although the deal is still up and they have to get married in about three months in order to Declan inherit the distillery, they are both happy with it.
But when the preparations begin, they start to see that’s everything is about to change. When you’re stepping up into a power position in a family that lives of rules and tradition, things are not always what they seem. And
Christy
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

description

Becoming the Whiskey Princess starts off right where Whiskey Prince left off. Amberlyn is recovering. She and Declan are together and happy, but both are pressured to move things a long in their relationship a little quicker than they’d like. Even though they have to get married a little faster than either one planned, they are both sure about each other. They are very much in love.

description

What I loved about this book… well, Declan. I loved how he always stood up for Amberlyn. He was loving a
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Good Choice Reading in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

WP BTWP FB2

The Whiskey Princess was a bittersweet read for me. While I was entirely stoked to see Declan and Amberlynn get their HEA, it was also very sad to bid them farewell.

I particularly liked the development of Amberlynn, as she grew tremendously and made it an impenitent point to still retain her identity even though she was marrying into Whiskey royalty.

I admired her, her journey as she not only acclimate to
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Finally the second book - we had to wait a long time for it ☺
But I really enjoyed how the story of those two ended... and it was even a lot sexier than the first one ;)))
A really cute and funny and sexy Romance ....

again Toni trying slightly too hard to have all the Irish people talk Irish ... Do yous know what I mean, yeah? :))) But really adorable story.

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Justine
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
immature and disrespectful protagonist. DNF @64.3% around the time when she went to that school. it's like love is vasaline that covers every character flaw. i do not want girls reading this and thinking that her behavior is acceptable.
she went around judging the family and going on about how they live in a fantasy world.

well she lives in a f*ing fantasy world if she thinks she can get married and have everything exactly the way she wants it. she is not compromising anything. is wearing a dre
Kelsey van Dillen
This is the reason that some romantic novels don't need a sequel. Whiskey Prince was perfect without this book. It was too soppy and gooey and it was so boring. It went like this: I love you, snobby parents, I love you, wedding preparations, let's have sex, I love you, more bitchy parents, more preparations, I love you, more sex, everyone is in a fight, I still love you. Ugh please cut the crap.
Lindsay
I really, really loved the first book. This one? not so much.
There’s a few things that bothers me in this book, but I will start with what a really loved about it: Declan. In this book I’ve fell in love even more with him. It’s beautiful to see him grown so much from one book to another, in here he seems so much more sure of himself. His feelings for Amberlyn only made everything a little bit more sweeter. He was at her side on everything, always so devoted to her. It was so good to read him. H
Darcy
While this book had a lot of drama, part of me thinks it needed to be there. Declan and Amberlyn were moving fast due to a deadline. Like most kids they thought things would work out, but the bumps along the way made them doubt things. It didn't help that those close to them were causing them to doubt things, instead of being there for them and righting those fears.

I thought things were cleared up in a good way. I liked that Declan showed Amberlyn time and time again that he put her first, that
Wendy
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Lane
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I keep patiently checking for a release date on this book.

The wait is over........February 16th.
Rejane
Unfortunately I one clicked book one back when I trusted author and I didn’t investigate before buying them. 4 years later I started reading the 1st book that’s sitting in my Kindle for that time. Big mistake. Horrible book.
Needless to say, the rest of the series won’t take precious space in my Kindle. Heroine seems like a nut case of ungratefulness, unreasonable, uncompromising and disrespectful person.

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Sherrlyn
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
While a decent sequel to Whiskey Prince, I could’ve done without both Amberlyn and Declan both declaring how in love they are with the other - at the end of every single chapter. No need to beat me over the head with that, really. Looking forward to Lena’s story.
Melanie Helms
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This again was really good! Its the follow up to Whiskey prince. We picked up right from where we left off in Whiskey Prince. I'll admit i was super worried but im so glad that she was okay and that the bastard got what he deserved. Again, i was annoyed by their Ma but Amberlyn handled it perfectly and i was so happy with how it ended up!!! i camt wait to see what happen with Lena.
Amber Boyd
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will write more later, since I just finished. But I have to just say one thing - Just stunningly beautiful!

Toni Aleo I simply adore your heart, because this book, this series is definitely written straight from there. When I read The Whiskey Prince last year I was moved because it was not the typical Toni book for me. It wasn't hockey, it wasn't overly alpha, it was just a beautiful sweet story about love emerging from the heartbreak of loss. I loved that Amberlyn and Declan were both strong
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
*I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review*

This is book two in the Taking Risks saga. The story takes place immediately following the first book. You are going to want to read that book first before enjoying this one. Toni Aleo brings a beautiful conclusion to this tale of unlikely lovers. Declan and Amberlyn are destined to be together, but Declan's family continues to try and throw a wrench in their plans. Despite the events ending the first book, Declan's father stil
Mary
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Amberlyn Riley loves Declan O'Callaghan with her whole heart, body and soul. So when she sees Casey point a gun at him, she instinctively moves to protect him, risking her life to save his. She has had enough loss in her young life and doesn't believe that she could stand to lose Declan as well.

As Amberlyn recovers, Declan is amazed at the depth of love he feels for her. Granted they have only known each other a short time,
Brooke
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-books
Coming off a high after reading The Whiskey Prince, I went straight into Becoming the Whiskey Princess, and I have to say at times I forced myself to finish reading the book. Something was just off. Amberlyn, our strong Yank herorine that I really liked in the first book just bugged the shit out of me in the second enstallment. Also, the tension in the prestigious O'Callaghan family just grated on my nerves. I know that there needs to be tension in a story for there to be a good plot, but Jesus, ...more
Teri
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an advanced review copy of this book from the author for a honest review.

Before reading Whiskey Princess, I had just came off the romantic high from reading Whiskey Prince. My first thoughts when I started reading. Gone is the romance and bring on the doubt. The premise of this follow up was doubt. Where did all the romance go from the Prince???????

And the two pump chump... REALLY??? What was that??? What did that add to the story?

His mother... her storyline... I didn't buy it.

The h
Carol
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry but this book just didn't have any heart to it. It was very juvenile and very boring to read. The first time Declan and Amberlyn have sex he doesn't even last long enough to satisfy her. Every time they are having sex his Mom walks in on them in his room. Seriously! No knocking just barge right in, considering she has walked in on them on many occasions and then has the audacity to say I have seen you naked before. Excuse me, he is a 22 yr. old man. His Mother shouldn't be seeing him n ...more
Jessica
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing so hard! And had tears in my eyes, love it just wish for an epilogue. 4.5 stars
Melissa_lifeinthebooks
3.5 stars.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating; 4.25/5

Review coming soon!
Karen Voitik
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
>Book Review – Becoming the Whiskey Princess
>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 2nd in the Taking Risks series and ends in an HEA. Declan and Amberlyn are recovering from Amberlyn being shot. There is a trial for the shooter and a lot of painful old information is brought out in the open during testimony. Declan’s mom is becoming a monster-in-law to Amberlyn causing strife between her and Declan. Throughout all of the wedding planning, Declan is an absolute dream. There are thi
Jerilyn
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sara
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Toni writes what I call reward based writing where the writing unfolds and the resolution between characters is forthcoming and provides great pace. It’s quite a page turner and I felt this could’ve probably been one book joined with its sequel.
My biggest gripe about these first two books is the MOTHERFUCKING CRYING. Isn’t it irritating when someone randomly swears and uses caps? It’s the same kind of irritating when the heroine is not feeling, she’s just a great vat of dripping. My god. What e
Emily Utsch
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I thought the first book in this series deserved 5 stars this one deserves double that!
This book deals with Amberlyn and Declan as they prepare for their wedding and the pressures that happen to both of them, especially Amberlyn. They had such a whirl wind courtship all while dealing with Amberylyn's loss, and now they have to rush the wedding! It seems like everything is against them. Not to mention Casey's trial is looming!
Through it all the love they have keeps them together, even when one
Shasta Hope
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful duet

This was a very emotional and moving story. Every little girl dreams of her Prince showing up on a horse to save her. But what you get in this story is not only the white horse and prince but you get his savior. His love. His treasure. Someone who completes him and challenges him. Amberlynn was everything and more to Declan. And Declan was her safe spot. Her protector. He gave her everything she was missing and so much more. Blue wedding dress??? Oh hell yes, baby!
Sharon Shovan
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
After getting shot Amberlyn is recovering in the hospital but having dreams about her mom. Declan is at her side till she wakes up. He feels guilty thinking it is his fault. Amberlyn is determined that he quits the guilt trip. They both love each other and plan to get married. But what she does not know is that there is a certain way that Declan’s family acts and Amberlyn has her own way. Will there be clashes? Will she be able to cope and will Declan understand? Lots of challenges coming their ...more
Chelsea
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
i’m a sucker for foreign accents (who isn’t?) and i just really love Declan. this & whiskey prince was romantic and had a lot of humor. i enjoyed the story, was a little disappointed with how this book ended- there were some loose ends so i’m hoping there will be a continuation! (i know the 3rd book is about Lena but i want to see how Kane + Fiona’s story plays out) but it was a good read! makes me want to visit ireland 🇮🇪
Becky Wise
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
And bring on the tissues yet again. Seriously so good. Becoming the Whiskey Princess had me both laughing at the meddling mother and in tears with the emotions Amberlyn and Declan go through throughout this one. It's beautiful and emotional. Full of love and healing. Amberlyn and Declan are perfect. I really can't wait for the next book.

• Taking It Personal (Taboo)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Destiny's Detour
  • Promise Me (Rivers Edge, #3.5)
  • Scarred (Breaking the Rules #3)
  • Loving Her Cowboys (Cowboys Online 3)
  • I Know She's The One (The One, #2)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
  • Slide (Broken, #1)
  • Ready to Wed (Ready, #1.5)
  • Rescue Me (Shelter Me, #2)
  • Acting on Temptation (Temptations, #2)
  • Endless Fate (Fate for Love, #3)
  • Never Ending (Never Knights, #3)
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • Untitled (The Core Four, #4)
  • When You Wish
  • Wound Up (Pleasure Before Business, #2)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Taking Risks (3 books)
  • Whiskey Prince (Taking Risks, #1)
  • Whiskey Rebellion (Taking Risks, #3)
“the sun is shining and so shall you.” 4 likes