Start by marking “Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life” as Want to Read:
Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life

Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Country music superstar, Food Network standout, and bestselling cookbook author Trisha Yearwood shows how delicious foods and wholesome dishes are part of the same balanced lifestyle.

Trisha Yearwood is as much a force in the kitchen as she is on stage. But after years of enjoying decadent Southern comfort food, her culinary philosophy is evolvi
Published March 31st 2015 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Trisha's Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trisha's Table

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I have Trisha Yearwood's other cookbooks and I think I much prefer them to this one. It states that this is a lower calorie way to explore the mantra of 80/20, which means you eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge some the other 20%.
I'm not seeing that.

I'd eat the dang cheesecake in a heartbeat.
Not that the recipes are bad. Her recipes are always easily followed and the images throughout the cookbook are gorgeous. It just didn't seem to be what was advertised on the blurb for the book.
I'm
Heather Fineisen
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-bought
Love the Trisha Yearwood cookbooks. This one balances some healthier options without sacrificing Southern flavor. A great addition to any cookbook collection. Good pictures and reminiscences accompanies the recipes.
Tammy G.
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-cooks
I'm not a country music fan. But I do like a good cookbook. And trisha's table, featuring Trisha Yearwood who also happens to be married to Garth Brooks, is a wonderful mouth watering cookbook.
Southern comfort food at its best. Now I'm from the South and a southern cook is always looking for a great dish to serve her family and friends.
But what I like most about this cookbook are the low calorie, not.so.heavy on the mayo recipes. And the beautiful photos!
I made Billie's Houdini Chicken Salad not
Kathryn
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Trisha's is just lovely and I so enjoy her notes throughout the book. I'm not sure there are tons of lighter recipes in this particular cookbook, but the Boston Cream Pie recipe definitely caught my eye.
Chrissie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 4-stars
So far, Trisha has delivered delicious and accessible recipes that I'll be trying again and again. In addition to the awesome food photos (which are a must in any good cookbook), she has included snapshots and brief anecdotes of her life with people who have introduced her to various recipes and whatnot as related to the book's contents. I like her ease with food, her Southerness (to which I can relate somewhat), and her clear handle on being an amateur chef along while displaying a level of con ...more
Tinisha
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yummy! Four Stars! You always want great pictures in your cookbook and this book does not disappoint. The pictures of the recipes are great. The only drawback is that there is not a picture of each recipe. The recipes are easy to follow and the ingredients you can find at your local grocery store. I also liked the stories regarding each recipe, they bring home the Trisha Yearwood that we see on TV and have come to love. This cookbook would make a great gift for Trisha Yearwood fans and beginning ...more
Pattie Tierney
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first thing I do when I get a new cookbook is to flip through it checking for pictures and to get an overall feel of the book. This delightful addition to Trisha Yearwood's offerings is bursting with color. The photos are mouthwatering, vivid, and plentiful. Reading the book and Yearwood's stories give you a cozy feeling, like sipping lemonade on a warm summer's day.

Down home stories and remembrances precede each recipe. Clearly Yearwood and I like the same food because, with the possible e
Naomi
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
a good cookbook. Not as great as her first one. I ended up purchasing that one. This one I was able to grab two handfuls of recipes from that I will add to my collection.
Amy
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my first Trisha Yearwood cookbook. I really enjoy her show on the Food Network so I was eager to check this out. Overall, this is a good cookbook, not great but quite good.

The book itself is constructed very well - the photos are fantastic as is the design. I do wish every recipe had a photo but most of them do in this cookbook. The quality is high on the production of this cookbook. It looks and feels great.

Although there were quite a few recipes that I liked, there were more that didn
Clinton Senior
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook-club
We enjoyed the book. All recipes were delicious. But we did have some reasons on why the book did not get 5 stars from us. First this was not a weight loss or a weight control book. Second there were a lot of mistakes in the editing of this book. Some recipes were cooked to long while some were still raw in the time required. All recipes were a hit though they included the chicken enchiladas, cranberry apple crunch, cornbread chili casserole, mushroom risotto, no-bake peanut butter pretzel squar ...more
Tina
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a good cookbook! I like the stories she relates about her family. The photos of her grandmother, parents and sisters are great additions to the recipes and the story that accompanies them. The apple pie recipe is certainly on my list of things to make from this book.

There are healthy options for the traditional southern food such as oven fried chicken instead of frying in oil. Lots of tips and established recipes you will love. I also like the fact that the ingredients for recipes are n
JoJo Sutis
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic cookbook!!!

I LOVE that Trisha balances healthy foods with the down-home delicious favorites we all enjoy. Her 80/20 approach to cooking and eating is very practical.

The recipes are not complicated and are all foods my family and I will enjoy.

(Dont you just hate those cookbooks that list a million ingredients most of which you havent even heard of!)

Im so glad I dont have to have any special skills with these easy to follow instructions.

The color photos are glorious. I love that Trish
Kimberly
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Trisha Yearwood is a country-western star and she has a cooking show. Now she has decided to share some of her Southern comfort food with others. In this book she shows how to follow her philosophy of making good choices 80 % of the time and splurging 20%.

This book is filled with her view of some wonderful recipes. Included is a Houdini Chicken Salad, Edamame Parmesan, Slow Cooker Georgia Pulled-Pork Barbecue, along with some tasty sweets like chocolate chip cookie dough balls.

For the down-home
Heidi Pepin
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I wish that some nutritional information was included. A few recipes looked great, most looked easy to make, but few jumped out at me as "must make" recipes. I like the candor from the author and how you can see that the traditional heavy recipes have been lightened up, but sometimes I just felt like the substitutions were simple, ideas I could have come up with on my own, such as ground turkey for ground beef.

Still, there are a few recipes I'm looking forward to trying, including the Honey Mar
Megan
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
was not bowled over by this one (though to be honest, i only really love ina garten and rachael ray books from the fn empire). the pork, apricot, rosemary and garlic skewers, as well as the pound cake with apple, pear and plum compote, sound amazing though, so those might have to happen.
Patty Barr
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I enjoyed reading the stories about each recipe. Trisha seems to be a down-to-earth and warm person with a good sense of humor. I tried the chickless pot pie recipe for a vegan potluck, and everyone loved it!
Michele
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE. THIS! Really great sounding recipes that are uncomplicated with easy to find ingredients. Add the personal photos and the anecdotes and you have yourself a winner! (I received a complimentary copy to review from San Diego Book Review).
Jeanette Hurrelbrink
Trisha's Table. Trisha Yearwood's newest cookbook.

I enjoy Trisha's cookbooks because they are filled with recipes that are just plain down home cooking! She has a way of making cooking easy. I am looking forward to trying many of the recipes in this cookbook.
Amy
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's rare I pick up a cookbook and immediately make several things in it. Yummy and easy... that's my kind of cookbook. I especially enjoyed the raspberry chicken.
Gail
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Being from the South, I love a good cookbook, not her best. But I enjoy reading and seeing what Trisha, feeds her family. If you enjoy cooking than this is a book to check out.
LemontreeLime
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Several great sounding recipes I'll have to try!
Trish
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a healthy cookbook. I can't wait to try some of the recipes!
Julie
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, nonfiction
There were a lot of good recipes in this book. I will think about purchasing it.
Hilary
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty average cookbook. I really didn't find much new in it.
Onceinabluemoon
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Think she is great, just not my tastes<
Mary Chamberlain
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it
ok
Faye
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun cookbook. The pictures are fantastic. The recipes sound usable and the tips she gives made me feel like she was talking to me. .
Kris
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-the-kitchen
Every recipe I've tried thus far have turned out really well. I am in love with the Houdini chicken salad and the pulled pork recipes, yum!
Brindi Michele
the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because not every recipe has a photo. love it and am purchasing immediately!
Leigh
Ordinarily, I avoid celebrity cookbooks. However, this one has some really tempting recipes in it. Ignore the cutesy prose and just focus on the recipes.

• The Soup Club Cookbook: Feed Your Friends, Feed Your Family, Feed Yourself
  • Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy
  • Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook: Favorite Recipes and Holiday Traditions from My Home to Yours
  • Salad Love: 260 Crunchy, Savory, and Filling Meals You Can Make Every Day
  • Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
  • The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental Clarity
  • Valerie's Home Cooking: More than 100 Delicious Recipes to Share with Friends and Family
  • Crossroads: Extraordinary Recipes from the Restaurant That Is Reinventing Vegan Cuisine
  • 5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes
  • Modern Potluck: Beautiful Food to Share
  • The Four & Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book: Uncommon Recipes from the Celebrated Brooklyn Pie Shop
  • One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table
  • A Bowl of Olives: On Food and Memory
  • We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook: A Mom and Daughter Dish about the Food That Delights Them and the Love That Binds Them
  • Martha Stewart's Appetizers: 200 Recipes for Dips, Spreads, Snacks, Small Plates, and Other Delicious Hors d'Oeuvres, Plus 30 Cocktails
  • The Homesick Texan's Family Table: Lone Star Cooking from My Kitchen to Yours
  • Everyday Detox: 100 Easy Recipes to Remove Toxins, Promote Gut Health, and Lose Weight Naturally
  • The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen
Patricia Lynn Yearwood, professionally known as Trisha Yearwood, is an American country music artist. She is best known for her ballads about vulnerable young women[1] from a female perspective that have been described by some music critics as "strong" and "confident."

Trisha Yearwood signed with MCA Records in 1990. She came to prominence with her debut single, "She's in Love with the Boy" which b