Start by marking “The Worrier's Guide to Life” as Want to Read:
The Worrier's Guide to Life

The Worrier's Guide to Life

If you're floundering in life, striking out in love, struggling to pay the rent, and worried about it all -- you're in luck! World Champion Worrier and Expert Insomniac Gemma Correll is here to assure you that it could be much, much worse.

In her hugely popular comic drawings, Gemma Correll dispenses dubious advice and unreliable information on life as she sees it,
Published May 26th 2015 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Worrier's Guide to Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worrier's Guide to Life

Start your review of The Worrier's Guide to Life
sandee and her books
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for this review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Oh god this was hilarious. I didn't know what I was supposed to expect when i requested this, but since I'm a worrier, and its on the title, I picked it up. Imagine my surprise when I read it. Hehe it's pretty neat. It even taught me how to draw. Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you're a worrier or not, pick this one up. It's so funny and relateable.
madamescozycorner
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
To be honest, I did expect it to be a little more funny to me. But maybe I just didn't get some of the jokes (like with the Wrestlers. I only knew Hulk Hogan, sooo)
But overall I enjoyed most of the comicstrips and especially those about anxiety made me laugh. I adore Gemma Correll's minimalistic yet fun drawingstyle! I think it's a cute book to have for my collection.
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
Quick read. I appreciated several of the pages and humor, and smiled at a lot, but nothing really made me laugh out loud.

The author/illustrator riffs about all manner of things. Take her chapter on health and hypochondria. I am full of dismay that her idea of a "Disease a Day Calendar" does not really exist. That would be an amazing gag gift..or for those in the medical field for fun! I would ADORE one!
disease a day

There are plenty of entries for the introvert within. Take these wonderful dice to help you
✟Roxanne✟(Death by Book Avalanche) ☠
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thank you.

I related to this book so much! The drawings were so funny and cute.
I laughed so much at some of the chapters and must say I had my favourites...such as the adult stickers and the tunnel of love (so funny as so true).
Some of the sections did go over my head but most of them I really enjoyed.
Vanessa
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a cute and amusing collection of cartoons that pinpoint all aspects of a modern worrier's life. I felt I could connect with a lot of the content of this book, and although I didn't find it amazing and laugh-out-loud funny, I did find this enjoyable and lighthearted.

Special shout-out to the Map of an Introvert's Heart. That is ON POINT.
megHan
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gemma Correll draws witty, sometimes snarky, cartoons about the things that go on in a women's head, especially a woman that is a worrier (like me). She pokes fun at the emotional - and sometimes just plain silly - things that we do. Some of them I found cute, some of them made me smirk, but others made me laugh out loud, guffaw even. Quite a few are definitely things that I do. She definitely has some talent and I look forward to checking out more of her work.

Note: I received a copy of this
Ylenia
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thanks again*

*4.5 stars*

I'm a huge fans of Gemma Correll's art and facebook page so no surprise I really wanted so read this.
I will say that some jokes were repeated along the way but overall The Worrier's Guide to Life is one of the funniest coffee-table book/graphic novel I've ever read.
I saw myself in some (a lot of them, to be honest) of the panels - I'm a bit of an introverted person, and I definitely can see many other people
Tanvi
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novels
I really really enjoyed this. Gemma is another artist I discovered over on Instagram & I absolutely adore her.
The content is funny, witty, punny & relatable.
It felt too real at times :P
I went through it pretty quickly & would totally recommend it.
Corrie
I've been following Gemma Correll for a few years now (facebook, instagram) and her drawings and quirky sense of humor always make me smile.

4 stars.
Donna Brown
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first let me say: THIS BOOK SCARES ME! I started off thinking it was pretty amusing but then I hit page 10 and began to get seriously freaked. This was like an illustrated autobiography. I can only conclude that little people have found their way into my head and are faxing out memos of every neurotic, crazy thought I have. Those are regular and consistent so I'm guessing there's a lot of faxing going on.

From the thoughts you might have while meditating (which of course culminate in
Estelle
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
No need to be a worrier or an introvert to enjoy this! Very quirky & funny.
I know a few people who would absolutely love it, this would make a great gift.
LynnDee (LynnDee's Library)
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor
It was cute but underwhelming.
C.J. Cummings
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
*ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for honest review. Thanks a lot*

I read this book this evening after receiving it today from Netgalley. I thought this was a really enjoyable and relatable book (for me, anyway, and I would imagine many others). We all worry about something, even the small things, and this book covers them. The big ones, like finances, death, love and building a home, and the small ones, like, erm... pugs and fish raining down from the sky. Did I mention that this book is a
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

This didn't really feel like a worrier's guide to life, but far more as an introvert guide to life, and in that aspect, I think it was a good guide. It was at least filled with a lot of very recognizable situations that I really enjoyed reading.

I'd never heard of the writer or her comics before, but I thought many of her ideas were funny or refreshing and it was a very quick and very enjoyable read. Special favourites of mine were the
Emma
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Perfect "I'm at the library. I need a break from studying but I don't want to buy this so I'll read it in the library" book.
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Gemma Correll so much!!
full review will be up soon
Ana
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Went into this under the impression that it would be more centered around mental health themes but it was actually split up in various categories having to do with lifestyle, mental health, relationships, and adulting in addition to some miscellaneous comics. My favorites were centered around mental health (particularly anxiety), and adulthood. Some comics were relatable and enjoyable, others fell flat for me. Aside from that, I really liked the art style and I’m interested in checking out more ...more
Rachel
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. The humor made me laugh so hard. It was perfect and relatable.
Alicia Siekierski
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the illustration style and ocasional pug and cat references but the writing just made me sad and anxious
Ashly Lynn
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Humor readers. Nonfiction and graphic novel lovers. Correll fans.
Recommended to Ashly by: Found at Library.
4/5 Stars

If you’re not sure of where you are in life and are constantly struggling to make it through, don’t worry; Gemma Correll is here to remind you that it could always be worse. Peruse a collection of her comics to put a smile back on your face and to remind yourself that you’re definitely not struggling alone. Staying afloat can be hard; Gemma Correll’s comics make it a little easier.

This was a fun little read. Although it wasn’t what I was expecting, I still loved it!

This book is filled
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I will be honest, I have, until yesterday (3 April 2015), never heard of this artist. In the back of the book she talks about a shirt with pugs that people are probably sick of. I just did a search, and sorry, I don’t recognize your shirt. Never saw anyone walking around with it here.

Now for the book, as that is what the review is about. :)

This book was super funny and I (but also my boyfriend, because I just had to share some
Sibil
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thank you.

I didn't know this author/artist, my bad! Now I have to find her other works, because this one was so funny and clever that I have to read something else!

I loved the drawnings and some of them was pure genius (for example the Wheel of Insomnia and the adult stickers... ehy, I want them, too!), others was just funny and hilarious, and that's not bad.

I enjoyed it a lot!

Spero di non aver scritto qualche castroneria in inglese...
Vonze
Loved this so much! Overthinkers unite! Gemma Correll shares her quirky worries about health, fashion, dining, love, work, travel, holidays, and modern malaises in this cute comic. Each page features a single worry. I found it very honest and relatable. I finished it in one sitting and laughed out loud many times.

There's a little something for all us ladies. The Period IceCream Truck. Less Popular Nail Polish Colors. New Eye Make-Up Looks. Stickers for Grown-Ups. Sexy Halloween Costumes. Great
Kiara
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Thank you Netgally and Andrews McMeel Publishing for an ARC*

This was a fun read, and scarily accurate. It had me laughing out loud and the illustrations were great. I love the sarcasm and cynicism, but also the whole, we'll get through the worrying phase, eventually...hopefully.

My favorite part was the social life decision making dice. Very accurate.
Melissa Orth
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
A few of the cartoons were funny (any about the pain of being an introvert) but nearly all were repetitive and contained lame food puns. Might have been ok if read once a week as a web comic but collected as a whole didn't do much for my sense of humor.
Nicole
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
eARC review

Very humorous and clever. A liiiittle repetitive on occasion (probably because it is largely a collection of comics that were originally separate), but overall a really fun read. Would make a great gift or coffee table book.
Book Pairings (Laci Long)
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This collection of comics is both clever and snarky. Correll does a great job of inserting social commentary without taking away from the fun and whimsy of her comics. Several of them were hilarious and others just meh. Not everything was relatable for me, but overall I enjoy Correll’s work.
Yu Xuan
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quirky, arc
The illustrations in this is book is absolutely cute. So witty and relatable.
Love, love, love it! :)))
Pamela
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If even one-quarter of the stuff she draws were actually real, I'd buy it all. Gemma Correll has my thoughts but way better art skills.

Received from NetGalley.
Naw
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm super bummed about this because I feel that for cultural reasons I've completely missed like 3/4 of the jokes. My understanding of written English is usually quite good (better than my English writing ability at least) but there, there was way to many specific words and precise cultural references that made it quite complicated for a foreigner who doesn't speak English as a first language... And I couldn't be arsed to research everything, honestly.
Some puns and jokes did make me laugh out
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Lady Stuff: Secrets to Being a Woman
  • Oh, the Places You'll Eff Up: A Parody for Your Twenties
  • Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories
  • Heart and Brain: Body Language: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Man, I Hate Cursive: Cartoons for People and Advanced Bears
  • Us
  • Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2)
  • Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3)
  • Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story
  • It's All Absolutely Fine
  • Cat vs Human: Another Dose of Catnip
  • Fowl Language: Welcome to Parenting
  • Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah's Scribbles, #1)
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • Just Peachy: Comics About Depression, Anxiety, Love, and Finding the Humor in Being Sad
  • Catmas Carols