Start by marking “Rumor Has It (Rumor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rumor Has It (Rumor, #1)

Rumor Has It

(Rumor #1)

Liza Palmer couldn't be happier when her best friend and sorority sister, Chante Britt, and her closest guy friend, Robert Montgomery, hit it off. And she's beyond thrilled when they announce their engagement. Robert is an up-and-comer running for the North Carolina senate. Chante is a partner at a prestigious law firm. They're a power couple made in heaven--until Liza dis ...more
Published April 28th 2015 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about Rumor Has It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumor Has It

October is a time for spooky books, but since it's leading up to the midterms as well as Halloween, it's also time for political books! I enjoyed this steamy political romance about a state senatorial campaign in North Carolina. To be honest, I almost DNFed this one early on because the dialogue seemed stilted, but either it got better or I got used to it, because after I read on for a bit, I was really engrossed in the story. There's lots of political drama and scandal as well as a satisfying r ...more
Reshemah
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another great story written by Cheris Hodges. Jackson Franklin is running for senator. He meets Liza and the attraction is instant. Only one problem...she is best friends and working on his opponents campaign. After catching her best friend in a compromising situation when he is supposed to be getting married to her other best friend, Liza decides she can no longer support Robert in his quest to become senator. That's when the rumors start floating.
I'm excited about reading the next boo
Byron Washington
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Worth The read, but barely.👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥
Anika
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here are the facts:
1. I've read two other books written by this author and I felt lukewarm about them at best.
2. I rarely complete a book when there are glaring editorial errors.
3. I liked this book.
And here's why...
First and foremost, this kind of story is very much my cup of tea! Entertaining contemporary romance, great dialogue, a truly ridiculous villain (I really wanted to slap him), and some room for a second story to develop with other characters--YAY! I absolutely loved Liza and Jacks
Shawnette
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT read...I would have been DONE sooner if not for the children/family activities...Liza and Jackson's chemistry is SIZZLING...and I thoroughly enjoyed the comedic and at times playful relief the author infused in this romantic political DRAMA...Robert Montgomery is an ABSOLUTELY delusional villain and kept me on the edge of my seat w/his CHILLING behavior...DEFINITELY looking forward to the next book in this series...KUDOS Ms. Hodges!
Lisa
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really great read! I loved the political spin on the novel, the testing of friendships and Jackson & Liza's love story. Really great ending and I really enjoy reading it! Looking forward to Chante's story, hopefully Cheris will give her one!
Marguerita
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: public-library
Overall I enjoyed the book especially Jackson. I liked the social media aspect and how one rumor can expand into something big. With that said, about halfway through I got tired of the cheating man comments and how nobody saw it. If is was less of that, the. I would have given this book more stars.
Denise
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Booklover

One of my best author. greed, selfish, jealous all play a part in a friendship some time some people do it from the heart expecting nothing in return some have motive. You have to weed out one from the other this book showed all great read
Kimberly
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

This was a great love story. Loved Jackson and Liza's chemistry. Jackson was a hero and Liza was a strong woman and together they are the perfect pair.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book, good example of how you can know someone for years, share secrets and life’s greatest ambition and still not know them. Robert was wow!! No ones friend and any woman’s worst nightmare. I guess you could say he was a lot like the so call president we have now. “All bark and no bite”. Any and everything that goes wrong is everybody’s fault but his own. We need more Jackson’s running our nation or another Obama. Great ending!!
Starting book two.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Ever wanted to read a novel about gerrymandering in North Carolina? No? What if we throw in hot guys, desserts, and a whole lotta nookie? Sold.
Elizabet Luna
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome ending. Can't wait to read the next book.
Teaguem2005
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 actually. Good story with relevance to social media and the world in which we presently find ourselves. The world of politics, innuendo, rumors and out and out lies.

Robert was the snake charming candidate whom Liza has hung both her friendship, and faith on. Too bad he's not worthy. By the time she figured it out she had already become smitten with his opponent the anti-hero Jackson.

Rumors are spread, truths are told, pictures circulated. ..you know real-life politics. I really wanted to s
Marilyn Diamond
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great novel, riveting story liLne, fast paced, page-turner. Liza Palmer started out supporting her "Boy" from college on a senatorial bid with a no good campain advisor. On the other end is "alpha" caramel Jackson Franklin who works with PTSD clients in a wounded warrior program. Did I say he had emarald eyes with his war hero self... Lord. So as we go through a general election politics, lies and deceit show there ugly head. Jackson Franklin loved the woman he saw the first time he saw her so w ...more
Tomiko
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You don't won't to miss this juicy rumor!

Ms. Hodges you did the dang thing. This book kept me in suspense the whole time and to top it off it made my Mother's Day even more enjoyable. Trust you do not wont to miss out on this juicy rumor. May you get enjoy the thrill and excitement as you await part 2.
Teresa Mcmillian
Enjoyable Read

This was only my second book by Cheris and I will definitely be reading more in the future. This story and characters were well developed & flowed nicely. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Neil
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I would have liked this better if I had believed the protagonist could have been fooled so easily by her longtime friend and political cohort, and if the twist in their relationship hadn't been so telegraphed.

If you let that go, this is pretty good.
CHANDRA  FIELDS
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rumor Has It

Cheris Hodges you hit another one out of the park. This story was full of intrigue, Love, and hard decision. I Loved it. I would definitely recommend this book and others by Ms. Hodges.
Connie
Great story about rivalry, back-stabbing politics and best-friend betrayal. Poor Liza found out the hard way, that everyone who smiles at you is not your friend! Robert is too sleazy for me. But Jackson and Liza are a match made in heaven. Nicely done!
Outi
May 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Kind of tacky romance with average characters. Nothing new under the sun.
Shannan Harper
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another author that's going on my tbr list. It was a great read, one of those that can be read in about a day or so. It was just that good and interesting.
RUSA CODES
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This title was a Short List selection for the 2016 Romance category.
For a complete list of winners please visit http://www.ala.org/rusa/awards/readin....
Atinuke
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Well written storyline. Less sex scenes would have been appreciated. 1 star removed for this infraction.
Ariana
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Why tf did Liza kept being friends with Chante?!? I would've been kicked her ass to the curb.
Toni
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book about politics, love and the corruption that someone,will use to win an election. The key players are Liza Palmer, Chante Britt, Robert Montgomery and Jackson Franklin.
Brenda
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG .. CHERIS YOU ROCK! LOVED THIS BOOK. COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. A MUST READ
Felicia Brown
The book started off slow but as i got into it . It started getting good to where i didnt want to put it down .
Whtyac
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the integrity of Jackson-- and wanted Robert to receive his just due.
Antionette
Apr 28, 2015
Rebecca Belknap
rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Queen of His Heart
  • Forever with You (Bayou Dreams #5)
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Until I Saw Your Smile
  • The Brightest Day: A Juneteenth Historical Romance Anthology
  • Secret Agent Seduction
  • Just for Christmas Night (The Blue Dynasty, #3)
  • Summer Heat (The Donovan Friends, #2)
  • Over the Edge
  • Twilight Dreams (Morgan Creek, #2)
  • Party Lines (The Easy Part, #3)
  • The Book of Joshua I - Trust (Gems & Gents, #2)
  • Undercover in the CEO's Bed
  • Once in Love with Lily
  • What Love Tastes Like
  • Finding Home (Brookfield Series #1)
  • Wilde Side (Born to be Wilde, #2)
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
Cheris Hodges was bitten by the writing bug at an early age and always knew she wanted to be a writer. She is a 1999 graduate of Johnson C. Smith University and a freelance writer in Charlotte, North Carolina. A native of Bennettsville, South Carolina, Cheris loves hearing from her readers.

Rumor (3 books)
  • I Heard a Rumor (Rumor, #2)
  • Deadly Rumors
“Jackson busied himself with the volunteers as they passed out flyers about the new voter ID laws that would go into effect in 2016 and signed up people to drive voters to the polls. Many of the elderly people they spoke to that morning were angry.” 0 likes