Start by marking “ABC Universe” as Want to Read:
ABC Universe

ABC Universe

From an astronaut in space to Voyager, yellow dwarf, and zenith, this ABC board book opens up the entire universe to children! Created in tandem with the American Museum of Natural History, it takes kids on a photographic journey through comets, flares, and planets like Jupiter, and introduces them to black holes, supernovas, telescopes, and more. Perfect for the youngest ...more
Board Book, 18 pages
Published April 21st 2015 by Sterling Children's Books (first published April 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about ABC Universe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ABC Universe

Start your review of ABC Universe
Kimberly
This is a really fun alphabet book! The photograph of space phenomena are really neat, and even though my child only understands some of it, I like that the basic concept of ABCs is paired with some unique scientific vocabulary.
Mama Bibliosoph
Alphabet books are loved by many autistic kids because they provide a comforting structure, and labeling the letters of the alphabet is also reinforcing for many kids since it's one of the earliest academic skills targeted by therapists.

The ABC Board Book series by the American Museum of Natural History features sturdy board books in a slightly larger profile (about 10 inches wide and tall) with beautiful color photos that isolate their subject matter against solid backgrounds. In ABC Universe,
Alisa
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Just got this new book. It’s a little advanced in content but we plan to have an Einstein. ...more
N.
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice, oversized board book, about 10" x 10", great for children who tolerate a slightly more detailed book but are going through the shredding stage.
Katy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This is one of those books that I like but I wonder how much kids (or people in general) might retain from reading it. There's so much scattered and general information that I'm not sure as much sinks in as I would hope.
Karen
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
These American Museum of Natural History alphabet books are all pretty interesting.
Rachel Kinney
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlit
I chose this story for the non-fiction picture book category. This book is an ABC book about the universe. The pictures in this story are very bright against a black background (like space) and are very detailed. This is a great book to sit down and look at it with a few children, they love the pictures and hearing about all the different things in space.
Regina L
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From A to Z, we learn an alphabet of space facts, from great descriptions of black holes, comets, planets, and stars to zeniths, all accompanied by breathtaking photographs of flares, supernovas and more! The bright, beautiful colors of each photograph pop off of the black background and draw young readers into this cosmic world. The pages are very thick and sturdy cardstock, perfect for little hands to turn on their own! And the extra-large letters also make for a great way for your child to ...more
Vera Godley
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Typically board books are for those wee little ones and cover baby animals, sweet thoughts, and other wee-little-one ideas. The American Museum of Natural History has launched a very good "board book" that can be used for that precocious little one to learn his or her ABC's or on into lower elementary school. The ABC factoids are great! What a tremendously fun way to learn about the Universe - planets, stars lunar eclipse, Nebula, etc. Going through the alphabet, each letter presents a different ...more
Storywraps
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This oversized board book is unique and educational. Perfect for little ones to explore. Each letter of the alphabet represents something directly related to space. The letters are large and colourful, perfect for tracing with your finger or being lined up with cheerios to be gobbled down later after the letter is identified.

The photographs are big, eye-catching and stunning. Included beside each letter is an informative description of all 26 terms presented there. Both young and old will learn
Vicky
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful book would be a great addition to any child's library. I love the illustrations - colorful and easy to understand. My two-year-old grandson will love this book so much. Children will learn the alphabet as well as facts about objects in the universe. Even adults can learn from this book (I did!). Sturdy, attractive, and fun to read!!!

I received this complimentary book from Goodreads and I'm so glad I did!
Nicole Silva
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Such a neat book. I read it with my 7 year old nephew and we both loved it. This book is very clever because it can be for little kids and big kids as well. The bigger kids can read the facts about space and even us as parents learn a thing or two. The little kids can sound the letter in each page and it helps them learn their ABC'S .
Jessi
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a super cool book with lots of gorgeous pictures. However, it's printed in board book format, and I think that the subject matter is just a bit over the heads of board books' target audience.
Caroline
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My grandson is going to love this book!!! The pictures are absolutely stunning and it is a board book so it is easier for little hands to hold and trace the letters with little fingers. What a great win for me from goodreads first reads giveaway!
Barbara
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great book for little ones to learn their abc's but also learn about the Universe! The graphics/illustrations are beautifully detailed, colorful and really stand out on the black background of the pages.

Mary
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is great for kids who are learning their alphabets and are also interested in space. The letters are huge and the images are brightly colored. The board book style of this helps it last longer through a multitude of readings.
Eva
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal Book, it captivated my students.
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I need to add this to the toddlers' bookshelf.
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An oversized board book that's perfect for your space explorers. Simple text and graphic images make it an easy choice. Also, it's only $7.95 US!
Bobby
Apr 07, 2016
jenny
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Good Night Galaxy (Good Night Our World)
  • Hello, World! Solar System
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
  • Llama Llama Time to Share
  • Look Up with Me: Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Life Among the Stars
  • Good Night, Little Blue Truck
  • When Did I Get Like This?: The Screamer, the Worrier, the Dinosaur-Chicken-Nugget-Buyer, and Other Mothers I Swore I'd Never Be
  • Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
  • The Planets: Photographs from the Archives of NASA (Planet Picture Book, Books About Space, NASA Book)
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
  • The Serious Goose
  • Fox in Socks
  • There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • Buried Deep