Start by marking “Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)” as Want to Read:
Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)

Catch a Tiger by the Tail

(THIRDS #6)

Calvin Summers and Ethan Hobbs have been best friends since childhood, but somewhere along the line, their friendship evolved into something more. With the Therian Youth Center bombing, Calvin realizes just how short life can be and no longer keeps his feelings for his best friend a secret. Unfortunately, change is difficult for Ethan; most days he does well to deal with h ...more
Published February 5th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Catch a Tiger by the Tail, please sign up.
⚣Michaelle⚣ I haven't read it yet, but I'm gonna venture that it's probably not as easily enjoyed or followed if it continues the line of previous books. They're…moreI haven't read it yet, but I'm gonna venture that it's probably not as easily enjoyed or followed if it continues the line of previous books. They're all tied together and detail the evolution of the team, the relationships, the cases, etc. If you haven't read the others, I seriously recommend that you do so...really great reads that I practically inhaled back to back and only put down when it dropped out of my hands when I fell asleep. I managed to fold laundry, cook, eat, vacuum, shower (waterproof device protector) (seriously)...and just about everything else while reading this series.(less)

Dalia
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The THIRDS gang is back! This time it's Cobbs' story.

Calvin and Ethan are more than best friends now, but they're not exactly boyfriends. Calvin doesn't want to push Ethan because of his struggles with Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety, so they're taking things very slow. However, if they want to move forward in their relationship, Ethan has to stop running from problems and Calvin needs to quit shutting his friend down.
As long as they were together, they'd make it through anything. Them agai
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Because yeah....there was some skimming involved.

I started getting bored the second half.

I liked this one better than the last one. I should probably go round that one down. And really I should probably round this one down. But it's the THIRDS! And I love Dex and Sloane. And I did really like Ethan and Calvin.

I just wish more had happened plot wise.....and less description and detail of stuff I didn't really care about.

A great series, but Dex and Sloane are still my favorite couple!
Nazanin
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2016, shapeshifters
4 Stars

Told in dual POV, 3rd person. It’s the sixth installment in the "THIRDS" series and should be read in order. It ends on a cliffhanger. It’s good that I’m a big fan of Dex because, otherwise, my rating for this and the previous story would be a 3 star (or maybe lower). It’s like the author hasn't had much to say about the couples, so she fills the stories with more of Dex and Sloane's! Of course still no complaint here…
Barbara➰
Reread June 2019

Still love these guys so much. ❤

Originally read August 2018

I knew I would love Ethan and Calvin (I just can't say Calvin and Hobbs). Calvin is so sweet and patient with Ethan and is everything he needs. He does it all right to help him through his anxiety. And poor Ethan..I felt so bad for him and what all he has been through.

Yes, I have hated Rafe through this series and while I feel sorry for him and what he is going through or will go through, I don't think I'm as forgiving as
Gaby
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm pissed off. I had my laughs with my Hispanic friends but I'm still, very pissed off, so beware: you'll read a rant. This is the moment when you decide to stay or.. Keep scrolling.

Before I go, a few things I need to say about the book:

* i DNFd at 76% - my reason had nothing to do with the execution of the story or any of the characters that I still adore. I wil explain myself better in a bit.
* I liked Calvin and Ethan. I actually liked their dynamic
* There were things that seemed completely
Shile
5 stars for the audio

4.5 stars for the book

Well....I loved this more that Ash & Cael's book.

Calvin and Ethan are Relationship goals.

description

Since i am too tired to write a proper review, i will just list why i loved this:

- The chemistry.. these two had a believable chemistry, after all they have been best friends since childhood.

- It was nice to finally get into Ethan's head and understand his Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety, and how the team understood him. It is like they have developed some
Kyle
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok

Wow! What a disappointment.

I've always really enjoyed the THIRDS series. In fact, I've regularly recommended it. They have had a great plot, with great characters and enough erotica to make it interesting.

Unfortunately, Catch a Tiger by the Tail was more soap opera than anything else. There is simply no plot. Nothing. Sure you learn more about the characters. In this book, it’s all about Calvin and Hobbs. Which is interesting but it’s not enough to carry the story.

The only saving grace is

Bev
5 big fat mahoosive stars and the best book of the series so far, it was everything I had hoped it would be and then some! LOVE Ethan and Calvin together, they are just too stinkin' cute. I'm moving straight on to the next one, even though after reading reviews I'm not sure I'm going to love it like I have the others. Time will tell.
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars

I’m not gonna lie. I have a real affinity for a gentle giant, and here, Ethan Hobbs is the epitome of that. He’s one of the most endearing characters in this series, and I absolutely loved everything about him.

Ethan is understandably frustrated and limited by his severe anxiety and selective mutism. Despite being an integral member of the Destructive Delta team, and hence a THIRDS agent, there are many concessions that need to be made for his issues. Good thing he has his best friend si
Trisha Harrington
Oh this book. This book is amazing. I honestly can’t say it enough, but this book really is something. Most people will probably know that I love and adore the THIRDS series. It’s a series that took me by surprised a couple of years ago and ever since, I haven’t been able to get enough of these characters.

Book 6, Catch a Tiger By The Tail, is Cobb’s (aka Calvin and Hobbs) book. We’ve known both these characters since the very first book, but it’s only over the last three books that we’ve been ge
Cristina T.
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First read: January 2016
Reread: March 2016 – BR with Trisha

~~~~~

Fact #1: I love Charlie Cochet. Fact #2: She is an evil author. Fact #3: This book is amazing.

Catch a Tiger by the Tail is written from Calvin and Hobbs' points of view, and it focuses on their relationship. Fear not, Destructive Delta is as present as ever. There's action, excitement, a lot of fun shenanigans, and pain. So much pain. Little piece of advice: Have a good supply of things that comfort you and keep it close. Chocolate,
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Can Contain Spoilers*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The sixth book in the series centers around the best friends since childhood, Ethan Hobbs, a Therian Tiger and Destructive Delta's sniper and his human partner, Calvin ‘Cal’ Summers, their demolitions expert. Hobbs, who suffers from Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety, is struggling with change; his partner has confessed to wanting more. He's terrified he'll end up losing Calvin. But will it be worth it get it all? To have Calvin completely and fully? Is Calv
Susan
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
In my original review I stated I didn’t really like Calvin. Well, I liked him way better this time. I’m not sure why I didn’t like him all that much before, but now I thought he was sweet and very tenacious in his love for Ethan.

Most of the relationship trouble happened in the previous books, so I was glad this book mostly concentrated on them really getting together.

I was also glad the whole case with Hogan was finished and that the team had some regular cases this time. I felt that the team c
Jenni Lea

My favorite of the series so far!

Ethan can just get right in my pocket. The box! OMG, the box! LOLOL
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

This installment is one many THIRDS fans have been wanting to get their hands on, and I can’t imagine that they will be disappointed with Calvin and Hobbs’ story. The majority of the focus of this book really was on the relationships, with less action than in some of the prior stories, but I didn’t mind it one bit.

Calvin Summers and Ethan Hobbs have been best friends most of their lives, but over the past year the line between friends and “more than” has been
Meags
5 Stars

As excited as I was to finally get in some Calvin and Hobbs action, I wasn’t expecting it to be my favourite book of the series, but to my absolute delight it very much was!

I really loved the character development explored in this story, particularly where Calvin was concerned. I felt like he was a bit of a mystery up until this story (at least to me) and I revelled in getting to know him better here. He has such a good heart and always puts the welfare of those he loves before his own ha
Wendy
Wow....this book was awesome !!! I loved Hobbs and Calvin. I especially liked being in Hobbs' head. He doesn't talk much, because of his selective mutism, so it was wonderfull to finally get an insight, into what he was thinking. He was such an amazing character, so sweet and sexy. I loved his dominant sexy side...hot damn ;)

I always liked Calvin and I was so happy to see his relationship with Hobbs progress, he was very sweet and patient. They are a match made in heaven :))

The previous book, di
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

What is it about this series that has captured all our imaginations and left us clamouring for the next book? The entire Thirds series has become a huge comfort read series for me – if I have a book hangover I return to Dex and Sloane, if I’m out walking or if I’m travelling I turn on the audio books and return to Dex and Sloane. It’s not even all about Dex or Sloane either, I love the whole damn team!

Catch a Tiger by the Tail, book 6, Ethan and Calvin’s turn for
Simone
When was the last time I read a book in one day? I can't even remember...

OMG! I don't even know where to start!

There's nothing I could add to all the great 5* reviews so far, what hadn't already been said and they made a much better job than I ever could, so let's just say: I love this book! I love this series! And I love these guys! Always have. Always will. All of them! Okay, Sloane a little bit more than the others, but still... They are one big family and that becomes more and more evident
Vanna
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars!! Really liked this book, so much better than the previous one. Although Calvin and Hobb's relationship has progressed through-out the series, in this book we actually explore their dynamics through their POVs. It was heart-wrenching to read about Hobb's daily struggles, the comments that he had in his head but couldn't quite say, the burden of always feeling a little less than his brothers or teammates. And yet he managed to keep a smile on his face for his best friend and partner. It w ...more
Cory
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love you Ethan Hobbs! You are completely adorable and I totally want to wrap you in a big hug!

I love this group of guys. They are funny, hot, sexy, and badass....so what's not to love?? The ending!! Seriously, the next book needs to come out NOW!

I really love this series. Oh, by the way, the part in this book when Hobbs was doing some 'research' on his computer was hilarious!
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
I’ve been waiting on this couple since book one. Finally my baby Hobbs gets his own book. I was super happy to be reading his story. I am all for the damaged hottie/broody guys. It’s my weakness next to to tall, dark haired man with a ego problem. How you doing Sloane? The guys on Destructive Delta have come along way from book one. I’ve seen Calvin & Ethan develop over the last several books. I mean I could just feel the feelz with these two and sadly I read this and it was just okay.

Dare I
Jewel
Though Dex and Sloane are my favorite couple in this series, Ethan and Calvin are a close second. Ethan has such a vulnerability to him that makes me want to hug him and wrap him in cotton and keep him safe. But, he is just as capable as any of the THIRDS alpha men. He's just quieter. And - finally - he and Calvin are finding their way!

I loved Catch a Tiger by the Tail and how it explored Ethan and Calvin's relationship and furthered the main storyline a bit. I cannot wait for more -and not just
Jaime
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
❥❥**)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•`*Review Copy provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Jaime from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription
~Volha~
If anyone in the book world deserved their happy ever after, it's Ethan Hobbs and Calvin Summers. Those two men have such a strong bond spanning years. They've been through thick and thin, and nothing diminished their feelings.

In this book we finally get to meet the Hobbs Brothers - Rafe, Sebastian and Ethan. In bits and pieces we see the family as it was and as it is now - the struggles they face everyday due to being who they are and due to personal issues and demons. Finally light is shown o
Brendy
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, lol, action-movie-like
A New Design

Oh God! I couldn’t agree more NORMAL is totally OVERRATED! .
Sixthh book following Destructive Delta Squad from THIRDS story.
This time? Calvin & Ethan.

A New Design

So yeah! a sweet love bubble formed around these two guys, that f*ck, seriously? They have gone thrugh a lot ..REALLY A LOT good , bad…awful and nightmare-ish things…together
And after struggling they both come to the realization that they are made for each other.
But that doesn’t diminish all the perks of the work they do, and that… just ah…

Novia
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
UPDATED 2/14

SOLID 3.5 Stars! No GIFS this go round because I just... can't with this one. You hear me? I CAN'T.

P.S. I cuss....a lot.

:Pinches the bridge of my nose and closes my eye:

Okay so :sighs: Let's just try to wrap up this summary first.

Catch a Tiger by its Tail is the story of Team Cobbs consisting of Tiger Therarian Ethan Hobbs and his human partner/best friend fo' life Calvin Summers. The book covers their adjustment from BFFS to lovers fo sho' while dealing with: bottled up nerosis, fam
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Dear THIRDS Nerds, the time has come. We now hold in our hands the long awaited, breathlessly anticipated new THIRDS book and the second one that strays away from Dex and Sloane, albeit not very far. Calvin and Hobbs’ story has been brewing for quite a while, what with their fear of change, Ethan’s selective mutism and social anxiety problems, and all the mayhem surrounding Destructive Delta on a daily basis.

Unlike the previous two couples we’ve gotten very familiar with, Calvin and Ethan have
Elsbeth
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

I'm going to be short about this cause I really need to get to reading the next one...
I loved Ethan and Cavin. They were very sweet. Of course Dex will be my all time favorite, and I really love all these guys. This series is genious!!

So if you don't mind, I'll be off to Smokes & Mirrors

description
Federica Lemme
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-inglese
“I am a Thirdcohol”. I repeat “I am a Thirdcohol”. I feel so much better now that I’ve confessed one of my secrets. I tried to resist, but I am weak and this series is just so good and the guys so amazing, that I defy anyone not to agree! I am a Third nerd and I stand proud!

This book was simply addictive, a real page turner, I was glued to the pages, I couldn’t put it down, nothing else mattered, only the book.
The flow in continuity from the previous books is expertly done, you feel as you are o

• Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Lesser Evils (Infected #6)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
  • Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Part & Parcel (Sidewinder, #3)
  • Prickly Business (Portland Pack Chronicles, #1)
  • Old Loyalty, New Love (L'Ange #1)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)
“At home in my drawer I have this huge d—”
Ash clamped a hand over Cael’s mouth, his face crimson. “Dictionary. A huge dictionary. Cael’s teaching me new words, such as… delitescent. Adjective. This entire conversation should have remained delitescent.”
“I’m a little scared right now,” Dex whispered hoarsely, turning to Sloane. “Hold me.”
8 likes
“No, you know what? If there’s no sexy times for me and Sloane, then none of you are getting any either.” Dex jumped on the couch and addressed the room, pointing to everyone one by one, starting with Ethan. “No sexy times for you.” Then Calvin. “None for you.” He pointed to Ash. “None for you.” He pointed at Cael. “Definitely none for you.” He ignored Cael rolling his eyes and moved to Sloane. “Sorry, babe, none for you either. We’re all chaste until moving is over.”
Ash let out a laugh. “You and Sloane, chaste? That’s the funniest shit I’ve heard all year!”
5 likes