Start by marking “Command Performance (Cordina's Royal Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Command Performance (Cordina's Royal Family #2)

Command Performance

(Cordina's Royal Family #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,849 ratings  ·  93 reviews
Years ago Eve Hamilton had a momentary schoolgirl crush on Prince Alexander. His Royal Highness was powerful, reserved and compelling-and clearly disapproving of Eve. Now, Eve is every inch a captivating, engaging woman, and Alex discovers he wants to show her that he's everything she could ever want in a man.
Mass Market Paperback, 218 pages
Published November 1st 1993 by Silhouette (first published 1987)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Command Performance (Cordina's Royal Family #2)
Somia
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely cozy read, which I continue to read with enjoyment, despite having read it a number of times over the years.

Are there some cheesy bits - yes, but they work within the framework of this story.

I always enjoy the tension and chemistry between Eve Hamilton and Prince Alexander de Cordina.

Romance and a dash of danger make this a lovely read.
Natasa
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The storyline was interesting, romantic, with a touch of drama thrown in. So much better than the first book.
Chitra *CJ*
"Command Performance" is the story of Eve and Alexander.

Playwriter and director Eve Hamilton has had a crush on Prince Alexander for years- but as time goes on, she thinks it has receded, especially as all Alexander can look at her is with disdain.
However, as Eve is summoned to Cordina to direct a play, she comes face to face with her feelings, as Alexander seems to have developed jealousy over her friendly banter with his younger brother Bennett.
Prince Alexander has always been attracted to Eve
Preethi Venugopala
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alexander and Eve restored my faith in Nora Roberts. I think that is praise enough to glorify this book.
A pleasant read. As both the protagonists had been introduced in book 1 of this series, the characters were more fleshed out. The danger that lurks and threatens the lives of the members of the Cordina Royal family creates tension right from beginning to end.
The romance is endearing and evocative.

Recommended to anyone who is a fan of a fairytale romance.
Christine
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have been an avid reader of this author's books for many years. In all honesty I didn't particularly care for this one. The main characters resolved their personal conflict much too soon for my taste and the romance part just seemed cheesy after that. The previous royal assassination attempt just wasn't explained enough for my taste...although I didn't realize this wasn't a stand alone book but book 2 of a series and I had missed reading the beginning of the Cordina story. The ending didn't co ...more
Lisa
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was better than book 1 in my opinion. It definitely had more feeling than the first, it was also dealing with a more intense main lead. The female lead was strong and the sense of loyalty and love was great. Enjoyed this thoroughly.
Marika
3.5 - 4 stars
Moira Marek
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-2020
Surprised at how much I liked this. I always pair a more serious book with a book that I can read before falling asleep.

I found this to be much more interesting of a story than the first book in the series and really loved how it continued the plot of the villain from the first novel.

Overall Royals, Theater, and Romance good light read if you're also looking for something to not keep you up at night.
Manisha

5 stars for another ROYAL FAIRY TALE.

His Royal Highness Alexander Robert Armand De Cordina, heir to the throne is very near to losing his patience, the control on his emotions and his heart. The very three things he has been careful with all his life.

photo ba9cfe9ba7b8aa05e7406574a964bb80_zps85c5d3d4.jpg

But Eve is driving him insane ever since she walked into his life and that Christmas ball 7 years ago.

"When had he started backing woman into corners? With Eve. When had he started entertaining thoughts of taking a woman whether she was will
Rachel
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is what you would expect. I enjoyed it and it was a quick read.
It has been too long since I read the last book. I vaguely remembered the previous book and as it went along I remembered more because incidents in the previous one were referred to. Eve has a good relationship with the royal family of Cordina (I was not fully sure what her age was in reference to the royals). She is friends with Gabriella and Ben but Alexander (the heir to the throne) has always seemed aloof and serious.
Mariana Bezerra
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This review and many others can be found at: Book Travels
It’s interesting seeing Eve again and in a strange relationship with Alexander when we all thought she would end up with the playboy. She was very important on the end of Affaire Royale, by helping save Brie and getting the family attention.

She was just a teenager than and now ten years after her first visit to the palace, she’s back and very successful business women as a request of the Alexander to help children, impressive right?

That
Taylor Grace
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Command Performance is the 2nd book in the series about Cordina's Royal Family but can be read as a stand alone. It's actually the first book I read of the series and it completely hooked me in.

The book reads almost like a fairy tale. There's a prince and a very normal girl who comes to his castle. There's danger and there's a love story.

Nora Roberts does a good job of making the heroine likeable. Eve is no Sleeping Beauty, simply waiting for a prince to kiss her so she can live again. She's a w
Jen
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
They met seven years ago and both fell in love though neither admitted it even to themselves. Alexander, the heir to the throne of Cordina knows his responsibilities and has always accepted them. When Eve Hamilton returns to Cordina and brings her theater troupe with her, Alex is still captivated by her beauty and attracted even though he believes she and his brother Bennett are lovers. Eve fell in love with Alex seven years ago but the attraction always seemed to be on her side alone. Finding o ...more
Anya
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars (A new or old favourite that is firmly in the reread pile)
• The word is immersive and well defined
• The Characters are engaging, identifiable, likeable and show some sign of growth or enlightenment
• The plot is flows naturally, logically and is well told
• The story is moving and entertaining,
• The style use is descriptive and evocative without being over described or awkward
• The language use is appropriate for the setting and characters and feels natural in spoken words, internal
Jan
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dawn
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Prince Alexander is next in line for the crown. He has to maintain control of his life and his emotions. Long time friend of the family and theater producer,Eve, is invited to put on four performances in Alex's kingdom. She believes he has alway disapproved of her, but that is not true. There is someone out to punish the royal family and would love to use Eve as a pawn. I really liked Alexander, I could see him exactly in my minds-eye. Eve was likable too, if not just a little too stubborn. Ther ...more
Katrina Perolino
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, royalty
As usual, a romance by Nora Roberts include the too-pent-up suspense, and the romance, of course. In the second book, the eldest Bisset, Alexander summons Eve Hamilton, the best friend of his younger brother, Bennett. To be honest, I had no idea how Alexander asked Eve to come back to Cordina and not now that Ben and Eve are just friends. The chemistry between the heiress and the prince was fun to read about, and the suspense in the book was little unlike the first one. Anyhow, it was good.
Sharon Eikenberry-Deary
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As they got on their feet from the kidnapping of Brie. Seven years later Brie's college friend's sister is asked to come to the palace to speak with Brie and Alexander to have Eve's performaners do a set of 4 plays. None knew that since the first time Alexader and Eve meet they were in love. They didn't even know, but they would find out. Stuffy Alex didn't know what hit him and he had to ask Armand what was going on with him. Armand gave Alex his mother's engagment ring. Again they are marked b ...more
Jaleen
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series of books was great. I read all four and was not disappointed. While Nora does an incredible job at telling backstories in each book so that it is not necessary for readers to read all of the books in the series, I highly recommend reading all of the books. They tell a wonderful story and immerse you into a beautiful fantasy world that the princess in us dreamed of as a child. Not to mention the explicit romance that follows, highly recommended!!!
Irene
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Continuing the saga of the Cordina family have Eve and Alexander fighting against terrorism directed at the Prince of Cordina . This book has plenty of suspense and romance till the end . Looking forward to Bennett 's story and how to eliminate the threat to the Cordina family
Ruth Anne Garcia
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-nora
Lovely love story with just the right amount of mystery and suspense.
Kay
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Nora Roberts Cordina series. Once again, wonderful character development along with a touch of mystery. Good balance of romance and mystery. Looking forward to rest of series.
Vona Karns
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Delightful little romance with a looming threat over them. It's fun to read about a modern day royal family. I love how all her series tie together so beautifully.
Melissa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Read in Cordina's Royal Family: Gabriella & Alexander.

OK read, not one of Robert's best but pretty typical for the time that it was originally written.
Kassi
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
1.5 star.
Marge
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, romance, historical
I really got tired of the main characters sniping at each other through much of the book. Finally it got better the last 1/4 or so, and ended nicely.
Tara
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a wonderful story. Took me a bit to get into it, but once I did I greatly enjoyed it. Now to see if can find the other books in this series, I do not know of will be able to or not.
Mel
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I liked this plot more than the previous one, though again, I found the villian easy to pick out.
Tshura Sinclair
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too old .
« previous 1 3 next »
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Come Sundown, The Obsession, The Liar, and coming in December 2017, Year One -- the first book in The Chronicles of The One. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more

Cordina's Royal Family (4 books)
  • Affaire Royale (Cordina's Royal Family #1)
  • The Playboy Prince (Cordina's Royal Family, #3)
  • Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina's Royal Family, #4)