Start by marking “Saving Persephone” as Want to Read:
Saving Persephone

Saving Persephone

(The Haberdashers #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  229 ratings  ·  23 reviews
In 1805 Robert Bittlesworth's little sister and her two best friends decided to create a "boys club" because boys have more fun. Most protective older brothers would have discouraged such a thing. But Robert saw opportunity. And he began training them.

ebook
Published May 31st 2015 by Graythorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Saving Persephone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Persephone

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Saving Persephone
Sue London
Jul 12, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-sue-london
An excerpt!

Imogen thought that Mr. Bittlesworth appeared far too smug. It would do him good to be brought down a peg or two. She looked at him, really looked at him, as she didn't often with people. She usually didn't want to see too much. But this man, with his smirk and information he only could have received from Violetta during the supper, had pushed her too far. As they separated again during the country dance she kept her eyes trained on him, endeavoring to see him, see into him. It had b
Vikki Vaught
Vikki’s Musings

I fell in love with the Haberdashers Series when I read a teaser in the boxed set, Scandalous Summer Nights, and I immediately downloaded the all the books in the series that were available. When Ms. London asked me to review Saving Persephone, I agreed enthusiastically. This book is a great addition to the series.

Robert Bittlesworth, heir to a viscountcy and a spy master, lives for his work and defends his brother and sister fiercely. He is all about duty. When he meets Inogen G
Whitney
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received what the author refers to as an “Advanced Reading Copy for an Honest Review™.”

I have always had a special fascination with characters who exhibit a dark side, especially when these characters’ dark traits form in light of familial strife combined with positive traits like intelligence, protectiveness, and ambition. In other words, I have been looking forward to Robert’s story since we first met him in the series.

After reading Saving Persephone, I can say that Robert did not disappoint
JoRead
I've been a fan of the Haberdashers since the beginning and been waiting for Robert’s story rather eagerly. I get how he felt responsible for everyone and why he helped the girls be independent and determined since he was the oldest in the group. His dark and at-times selfish attitude were just a part of what he was, and whether I liked it or not, it was still Robert. In this story, we get to see a much different side of him.

“He will do anything for someone he loves. Not in the romantic sense
Amy
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Swashbuckling!!
Tracy Zullo
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this one is my fave - we see the women in action!
Diane Lang
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saving Persephone is Robert Bittlesworth's story and it is great. Lovely, complicated plot with plenty of twists and turns including the reappearance of a very evil man, one of The Four we were introduced to in Athena's Ordeal.

Imogen, daughter of a Scottish laird and an American woman who owns a shipping business, has traveled extensively around the world. She has the gift of empathy and is able to read people's emotions. As a consequence she prefers to avoid strong emotional connections. She l
Tracy Emro
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would rate this book 4.5 stars - rounded up. I liked this book but not as much as the other books in the series.

I loved Robert - he is a very complexed man who likes to have total control. Watching him fall in love, was the best part of this book.

Imogen was a very unique heroine and while Ms London did a very good job of sharing her "talents" with the reader, I was still left wondering about her motivations. I never really felt like I knew Imogen. Her character is very unconventional and tha
Deanna Stanley
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I received an early copy in exchange for a fair review.

I thought this would be a hard book to read because Robert has been a rather dark presence int he other books - his sister is afraid of him, he set plans in place that almost kills Quince, he sets George up as a spy... Plenty of negative material, right?

But I loved him. He had depths that none of Sue London's prior characters have show. And I love to see him struggle with being human. I had all the feels.

Which leads me to the only problem I
Judy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saving Persephone by Sue London
Haberdashers Series Book Four
Robert Bittlesworth was in control of himself and everything around him. He worked for the Home Office and was the best agent. Then one small run-in with a woman put a hitch in his controlled life.

American Imogen Grant had traveled with her mother's shipping company since a child. She had been everywhere and lived her life as she wanted. She loved her freedom and wasn't about to let anyone slow her down. She chose who would be her lover
RomLibrary

Robert Bittlesworth has worked tirelessly in the Home Office for years, managing intelligence in the war against Napoleon and the Congress of Vienna. He also executed a plan to have his father exiled. Now that plan backfires when one of his father'
Pontiki
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert has been embroiled in much of the misery of the Haberdashers, but always with good intentions. He's dangerous, everyone says, but Imogen, in particular, can read him through his aura and see how deeply he cares for others.

Imogen seems less effected by Robert, but comes around, although it could have happened more gradually than it did. Robert doesn't even realize that what he's feeling is love, he's so used to thinking in terms of protection and control.

What I enjoy most in this series
Bev Ross
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saving Persephone by Sue London

I loved it! I knew Robert's story would be good ! Imogen was perfect for him! When the haberdashers got kidnapped Imogen's talents became clear! She completely complemented their talents! Imogen always wished she had siblings! Now she does! Robert was totally perplexed by Imogen. It was so humorous to me to watch Robert flounder! It was great! Mr. Always in control no heart everything always had to be precisely thought out and planned! It's hilarious to watch Imoge
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
The Haberdasher series is a funny, intriguing and intense series. Robert is the most intense character throughout the series and Imogen is the perfect answer to him. Imogen has a gift that allows her to see into peoples emotions and feelings. They become lovers but neither wants marriage or love. Imogen is kidnapped along with the Haberdashers and Robert believes that she is behind the kidnapping. After the rescue, Robert is convinced by his sister that Imogen is innocent. It is then that he rea ...more
Cara Group
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - not my favorite in the series, but still very enjoyable. Sue does a great job with this whole series. Based on the description, I was prepared to not like Imogen, but I was pleasantly surprised. I also appreciated the further insight into Robert (he has been a mysterious and often frustrating character throughout the Haberdashers series).

Given the tease around Charlie's aura, I'm definitely looking forward to Taming Chiron (I also LOVE the name of that book - so appr
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
This is a very very different story. You have to love the members of the boys club. I was not expecting her to be a woman that not only doesn't want to marry, but has lovers and I was jumping up and down when I found out her talent of reading people. I was going crazy wanting to know about his past and when I read the part about his mother I cringed because I was not expecting that. There was just so much to love.
Tamara
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this
book in exchange for an honest review.

Imogen is the perfect match for Robert, and I really enjoyed the book. There is a good balance of Haberdasher adventures and romance. I didn't want to put it down.
I can't wait to read the next book. Loved it!
Elizabeth
Best so far

More adventure, interesting lead characters and a complex romance make this the best in the series so far. I love a sword fight in a romance. Much more interesting that way !
Marguerite Guthridge
Great book! This author is on my must read list.
Sandy Digger
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I really like this series and I am so glad that Robert had some redeeming qualities. I wasn't sure I could like him, but he turns out to be human after all. I love the way his brain works. It was definitely a different romance with so many unexpected twists. The one thing I thought that was kind of left hanging were the four. It just felt like some loose ends but maybe they will turn up in another book. All of these books can be read as stand alone books but this one has a lot more meaning i
Mary Larsen
This book fell flat for me

I have liked all the handicappers books so far, but this one left me feeling disappointed. I found that I could not get myself to like the heroine . I found her selfish and somewhat undeserving of roberts love. She spent most of her time running away from hard choices of life. I also found it odd that a condition of her marriage to Robert was that she wanted no children.
Wendy Tavenner
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book and the story btwn Robert and Imogene!! Both strong willed and loving their freedom these two are perfect for each other!! Another great book by Sue London!!
Susan Jackson
I didn't love this. It was a struggle to finish (luckily I was on a plane and had copious wine to help out).
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 2 2 May 17, 2015 05:02PM
Amazon Kindle Link Available 1 1 May 08, 2015 02:13PM
Not listed on Amazon yet. 3 4 May 08, 2015 01:57PM

• Wine Girl: The Obstacles, Humiliations, and Triumphs of America's Youngest Sommelier
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • The Captain's Bluestocking Mistress (The Dukes of War #3)
  • The Major's Faux Fiancee (The Dukes of War, #4)
  • When a Lady Deceives (Her Majesty’s Most Secret Service #1)
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • The Lady's Dangerous Love (The Langley Sisters #6)
  • Nearly a Lady (Haverston Family #1)
  • An Unexpected Gentleman
  • Practically Wicked
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • As Luck Would Have It (Providence, #1)
  • A Christmas Dance
  • Part-Time Gods (DFZ #2)
  • Night Shift Dragons (DFZ, #3)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!

Recent reader reactions:
"Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books." ~ Annie
"It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilli

The Haberdashers (6 books)
  • Trials of Artemis (The Haberdashers, #1)
  • Athena's Ordeal (The Haberdashers, #2)
  • Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)
  • Taming Chiron
  • Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)

News & Interviews

“If the British had fought half as well as this one kissed, she thought, the Americas would still be a colony.” 3 likes