Start by marking “Vanished (Beautiful Mess #4)” as Want to Read:
Vanished (Beautiful Mess #4)

Vanished (Beautiful Mess #4)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  600 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
Rayne Kilpatrick has everything. A job she’s dreamed of since a little girl. The perfect house. And a man she loves and is about to marry… Until he never returns from a humanitarian mission.

Gone. Disappeared. Vanished.

When footage of his gruesome murder by a Muslim extremist group is shown across the country and around the globe, she wants the person responsible for the d
Published February 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Vanished, please sign up.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

A year ago Rayne Kilpatrick lost everything. Her fiancee Landon. Her bakery. Her life as she knew it. Now she wants the one responsible to feel the pain of losing everything he holds dear.

Alexander Burnham has everything. A thriving company. A wife he adores and a daughter that means the world to him. That is until the day he finds she has vanished without a trace.

Now Alex must race against the clock to find out who took his daughter before it's too late.

description

This review is likely to be all over the
Tish Delanoy
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10 stars!! If life wouldn't have gotten in the way I would have read this book in one day, it was so hard to put down almost immediately. A very psychological and emotional rollercoaster. I laughed, I cried (a lot at one point), and I spent plenty of time literally on the edge of my seat. Just when I thought I may have everything figured out, things went topsy turvy and nothing was as it had initially seemed. Definitely on my short list of best books of 2017.

This book was given to me for free at
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
My first book by TK Leigh and I. Was. Hooked !
It's a fairly controversial subject, considering the presently unstable political environment. So I'd think it is a very brave attempt by her. But she's done an excellent job !
Every parents' absolute Worst nightmare - when their darling child goes missing . Olivia and Alexander Burnham go through this torturous scenario when their 8 year old Melanie is
Tina H
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.K. Leigh does it again. Drama, tragedy, heartache, pain, secrets, loyalty and love. Vanished has it all.

Alex and Olivia finally have it all. That is until they discover that their precious daughter Melanie has vanished and now it is a race against time to find her. Old ghosts and secrets surface, all pieces of the puzzle that needs to be solved to save Melanie.

I have been looking forward to this book since it was announced and it did not disappoint.
Melissa Crump
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible book! I couldn't catch my breath till the end. Such a great story filled with suspense, and mystery. You find yourself guessing and wondering what will happen and then you're surprised. You'll be immersed in this book from beginning to end. It can be read as a stand alone. This book is beyond fabulous. I had missed Mr. Burnham.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
6 Oh Mr. Burnham You're Back With A Vengeance Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Yes, you're reading this right, 6 Stars!! If you follow my reviews, you know I'm a huge lover of Ms. Leigh's books and I can unequivocally say this is my favorite book of all of them. It's FLAWLESSLY BRILLIANT!! There are so many moving parts in this book and Ms. Leigh has done a tremendous job of making sure there are no scene inconsistencies or plot holes which just makes the book flow like sweet molasses.

Vanishe
Lin (From Chika With Love - Blog) Cohen
"Regret can torture a man, rip him open and bleed him dry for the world to see. In the end, only he can pick up the pieces and put himself back together with the hopes of learning from his past mistakes."
I don't know how to begin reviewing this book. I had the privilege to read it early and I'm so grateful that I'm beyond words... Reuniting with my man again was the highlight of my year, and doing that through T.K.'s words - do I need to say more???
Vanished is not a romantic love story. It's a
Nora Flood-Houston
What a thrilling book!

I don't know if I have the words to explain how much I loved this book. It was sad, exciting and so much more. This book was so true to what women deal with in Islamic culture. This book is the story of the people that sacrifice their lives to help them and the sometimes brutal consequences they endure. I don't want to give any spoilers. This is a must read for everyone!
Amy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just when we thought we’d seen the last of Alexander Burnham and Olivia, author T.K. Leigh has given us Vanished. Now, I’ll be the first to admit, this book was a little hard for me to get into. It has been about two years since I last saw these characters, so for me, I had a hard time remembering their story. However, I didn’t let that deter me. I kept on reading and soon enough, I was hooked. I was intrigued by what was going on in the story and had a ton of questions. There were a lot of unex ...more
Lauren
Dec 29, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kids
29 December 2014- Not sure how I feel about this description… It makes me nervous, but yet I feel as if it's a gimmick? Certainly there is another way to keep us up to date with the Burnhams than this. Any why isn't Olivia mentioned in this blurb?
Debbie Collins
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I want to say thank-you to the author for allowing me the privilege of reading this book early. It is absolutely amazing, not a love story, but more of a suspenseful thriller. It is loaded with suspense, angst, anger, regret, and revenge. It will keep you guessing until the very end and I must admit I never guessed correctly, each time I thought I had figured out who did what and why, T.K. Leigh would drop another bombshell and I would start guessing all over again.
For those of you who ha
LLEP  Book Blog
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book went in a completely different direction than I was expecting. Alexander and Olivia Burnham have the perfect life; Alexander is the owner of a multi-million highly sought after private security firm and they have a beautiful daughter who is their whole world. Rayne Kilpatrick was on the verge of having everything she ever wanted until her fiance is brutally murdered while on a humanitarian assignment for Alexander's company. It's been a year since his murder and she can't seem to get o ...more
Rhiannon St. Clair
**I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review**

I have to disclose, I haven’t read any of the other books in the Beautiful Mess series. (However, I did download the first one immediately after I finished Vanished.) So, I wasn’t familiar with the characters or any of their backstories when I dove into this.

To say I loved this book would be a gross understatement. This story was phenomenal! T.K. Leigh grabbed my attention with merely a few paragraphs, and held me captive right up unti
Naughty Mom Story Time
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohmygod! If you thought what Alexander and Olivia went through to be together, that was nothing compared to what they go through in Vanished.

This story was intensely suspenseful and kept me guessing with the turn of every page. There were so many players and I honestly couldn't guess who was behind it all. So many suspects. But through it all, the love that Alex and Olivia shared was just as strong as ever and it was what propelled them to move forward and keep fighting until their little girl
books are love
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
received in exchange for a honest review.
Wow. Just wow. I am in awe at how incredible this book is. The writing is flawless and the book seamlessly flows. There is so much going on in the book and yet it all intertwines together and before you know it the story is over and you want more. This is one engrossing book.
TK Leigh has once again written one amazing story. There is darkness to the tale. We get a very real look at some very serious topics. We are enlightened by some of the issues in our
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Alexander Burnham is back. And it's not under the best circumstances. His daughter is missing and he sees himself going down the same road his father did. We see a different side to his and Olivia's relationship in Vanished and I loved it. This story itself only takes place over a few days, but through some flashbacks we are able to get the whole picture and completely understand the situation.

Rayne has hit rock bottom. H
Tanaka K
Wow, what an amazing and enthralling story. Vanished was a story that I absolutely could not get enough of. I was not that familiar with T.K. Leigh’s books but when I began reading Vanished, I was so pulled to everything in the book. From the characters to the dialogue to the plot itself, I was officially spellbound with the beautiful story written filled with so much angst and drama that had my heart pounding with tension. Vanished was truly a story that definitely piqued my attention from the ...more
Brandi Aga
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is super hard to write about without giving too much away. There's SO much that happens over a short amount of time that you just HAVE to read it for yourself to experience what's going on. It's probably not like ANYTHING you might be expecting. The Burnhams are back, however you don't have to read the previous books to understand what's going on here. Although you should, they give you good background on who these characters are.

"They probably thought she was just a homeless drug ad
Tammy
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally different kind of read- this was full of suspense and mystery and a bit of heartbreak.  Amazing.  Alexander Burnham has it all his love of his life Olivia and beautiful 8 year old daughter Melanie.  And one morning when he gets home is daughter is gone, vanished.  So intense and so good.
Amy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vanished
TK Leigh
5 stars

So have you read The Beautiful Mess? Well this is later on in years with Olivia and Alex. You hope for happily ever after … this one is going to kind of rip your heart out. I know right??!?!

This is obviously not a love story like maybe we are used to but its more of a suspense, bring you into partial reality of events and things concerning in our society using two characters that we loved in a previous series. Now .. this deals with a kidnapping of a child. So having said
Shannon
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
These are my Happily Ever After Novel Thoughts...

Let me start by saying I'm only giving this book 3.5 stars. It wasn't a bad book but it was borderline boring. Before anyone starts yelling at me for this, remember, this is MY honest review.

The story was long and drawn out, containing a great deal of fluff. It also had me confused but not in a way that I was happy about. I had to reread a few sections because it didn't make sense to me the first time.

Being a mom, I hope to never to have to face
Victoria Stolte
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
When I first found T.k.'s books, I fell in love not only with her characters but her style of writing as well. When I finished the last book in her A Beautiful Mess series I was left with a serious book hangover and kept comparing every other book I was reading to hers.. They just didn't measure up. That being said, when she started teasing us with this book I was over joyed with emotions and I anxiously awaited the return of Mr. B.. He, er um I mean the book was definitely worth the wait. As we ...more
Carla
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

**Carla's Four Star Review

We were first introduced to Alex and Olivia in T.K.'s previous book, A Beautiful Mess. Fast forward ten years, and we catch up with these two later in life. Do not go into this book expecting rainbows and butterflies. This story is raw and gritty and is sure to tear your heart out.

Alexander Burnham has it all. A wonderful and supportive wife, a beautiful and vivacious daughter,
Kimberly
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read by T.K. Leigh and I didn't realize the characters were from previous books, but that did not matter, this book can be read as a standalone. I don't want to give anything away so I will keep this review brief. This is a good thriller with lots of action and an intricate plot. It explores the thing that keeps every parent up at night, what if someone took my child? The desperation was palpable and I couldn't help but put myself in the parents shoes. This is a well wri ...more
Toniann
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This doesn't surprise me at all for me to say how amazing this book was. If you haven't read a beautiful mess series please do before you read this one.

As years pass, With Olivia and Alex you would think all is good in their world right? Well think again.. Be ready for your heart to beat fast oh and make sure you have absolutely nothing to do for the day because your not gonna want to put this down. I didn't.

How I missed Alex. Boy did I miss them both. He has a beautiful wife, a beautiful daug
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional, brilliant story!
Doesn't surprise me as TK Leigh always delivers a winning read. But Vanished stands apart from all the others!
Intense, thrilling and exciting,I was totally captivated by this suspenseful read!
Alexander and Olivia are back ten years later.
Settled with his family, richer and still madly in love with Olivia, it was supposed to be their time to celebrate, but money can't guarantee safety and protection. Investigating a serial murderer leads to the unthinkable.
A valuabl
Le Ann Foster
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books ☆ ☆

I gave this book 4 stars!

I have to say that I enjoyed this book. I didn't really love or hate it. With that being said if you love a good suspenseful, mystery that will have you guessing until the end , then this your book.

I must confess that I haven't read The Beautiful Mess Series but I felt like I could still connect to the story and the characters. I felt that Ms. Leigh wrote a truly gripping and suspense story that others would truly enjoy.

I will be loo
Novel Grounds
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
vanished

Goodreads|Amazon

This book was exhilarating. We dive back in the Burnham world ten years later and nothing has slowed down. Alex has the life he has worked for, everything as it should be, until now. An old colleagues sister is found murdered and his daughter has been kidnapped. She has vanished.

from that moment forward this book is non stop. We jump POV for the first half between the kidnappers and the Burnhams. In doing that T.K. gives the book so much more depth than if it was a single POV. Y

Ayekah
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rayne Kilpatrick is a woman who has been beaten down; by the loss of her beloved fiancé Landon, their baby she was carrying, her home, her business. Landon worked for Alexander Burnham who we have met in the earlier Beautiful Mess series. This book takes place 8 years after that series.

Landon and Alexander go way back to their days in the military. Alexander runs a security business and that entails much more than just typical security. There's Landon overseas doing humanitarian work for Alex. W
Tabitha Holmes
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly beautiful! Amazingly well written! I didn't know what to expect going into this story. I knew I loved the Beautiful Mess series, and I knew I loved Alexander and Olivia's characters, but nothing could have prepared me for this. Yes, this book is completely different than the books that tell their love story. This book was a different kind of love story. It is a story about love between parents and their child, or a love between family. Just because this story was different doesn' ...more
  • Moore than a Feeling
  • Amber Sky
  • Wherever You Are (KGI, #12)
  • Give Into Me
  • Ember (Fire on the Mountain, #3)
  • The End (CageVec Security, #3)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
  • Area of Influence (Immortal Ops, #8)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Guts & Glass (New York Crime Kings, #6)
  • Burning Truth (Burning, #2)
  • Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • Finding Serenity
  • Covered (Trent Brothers, #3)
LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE

JOIN MY READER GROUP

T.K. Leigh, otherwise known as Tracy Leigh Kellam, is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Beautiful Mess series, in addition to several other works. Originally from New England, she now resides in sunny Southern California with her husband, beautiful daughter, and three cats. When she’s not planted
More about T.K. Leigh

Beautiful Mess (4 books)
  • A Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess, #1)
  • A Tragic Wreck (Beautiful Mess, #2)
  • Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead