Start by marking “Trading Tides (Breaking in Waves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trading Tides (Breaking in Waves, #2)

Trading Tides

(Breaking in Waves #2)

Love, they say, is magnified by absence.
After the dream-like quality of Iris' visit at Paul's sea-side home, she is back in the routine and drudgery of her city life. Struggling to put a label on what they have together, they phone and write letters, trying to sustain the flame, until they can make time to be in each other's arms again. But once they are, how do you pull b
Published July 17th 2014 by A Hotter State

To ask other readers questions about Trading Tides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trading Tides

Kelly
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Like Driftwood Deeds, Trading Tides is beautifully detailed and emotive. I could really sink into the world and the story, and relate to Iris’ varying emotions, even though it’s been a long time since I read Book 1.

The story is set about one month after Paul and Iris met and Iris is longing to be with him again, to learn and experience more of the Dom/Sub world he had introduced her to. They have a very complex relationship, one that grows stronger through their long distance connection, and it
Lynn
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Trading Tides, second installment in the Breaking in Waves series, by Laila Blake, was sent to me for an honest review. Thank you, Laila, for providing me with this opportunity. Ms. Blake’s descriptive style of writing and character development are amazing.

This novella picks up where Driftwood Deeds left off. In Trading Tides, Iris and Paul experienced the challenges of a long distance romance. Iris has gone back to the city where she lives, but misses Paul so much she cannot focus on work; she
Christine
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-botb-2014
I'm so glad that I read this follow-up to "Driftwood Deeds."

"Trading Tides" picks up after Iris has returned home to the city, leaving Paul behind. It's really difficult for her -- everything reminds her of him and of how she misses him. Even though she and Paul skype to keep in touch (there's lots of cyber and phone sex) it's just not the same as having him there with her.

The story itself unfolds very, very slowly....most of it is Iris's internal dialogue, and sometimes I must admit I got a li
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, erotica, kindle, m-f, r2r
Book gifted from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- M/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- Yes
Is this a review book or personal read :- Review Read

Why I chose this book?

I got asked to review this book by the author, although I would have brought it myself.

What I liked about this book.

* Hot and steamy
* A Great unique storyline
* The writing
Mary
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We continue Iris and Paul's relationship with Iris telling us the story. We get to experience their relationship from the submissive viewpoint, helping us understand what Iris craves and desires from her interactions with Paul. She truly loves to submit and please him which you get to experience first-hand as she takes us into this new world with her. Distance is a challenge for them, it leaves Iris feeling lost at times but Paul steps up with a fabulous surprise. I love how this romance unfolde ...more
Paul
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Blake sent me this book because I so deeply loved "Driftwood Deeds." I hence admit to a certain bias regarding Iris and Paul.

Let me start with the one SMALL negative observation: a reader who had not read "Driftwood Deeds" would be completely lost in this story, as there is no introduction of characters. But let's be honest, if you want to read this, read the first book....you will not regret it (see my review of Driftwood Deeds here: ( https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... )

Now, the real
Kayla
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*sighs* Oh Paul… I really do Love this story. Laila Blake does an exceptional job of making sure you become invested in the story and the characters she has created. The book start off right from where the first one ends. Thankfully there is not extra need to introduce and re-explain the situation if you have already read book 1. I like that. That is in the plus column for me. This one was a little longer than the first as well which was also a plus for me. This installment i felt gave me, as a ...more
Ria
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Full Review@http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/10...

I want to say the ending was pretty great I felt like Iris was able to work through her insecurities and finally found parts of herself she didn’t understand. I’m not sure if there will be more but as I said this was a great ending Paul and Isis both have hang-ups but they are good together. If you are looking for a great adult read charged with passion and self discovery pick up this series. If you’ve already read the first in this series then
L.C. Spoering
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts beautifully off the end of the last. Iris and Paul have grown and changed already, and so has their relationship. Despite the small amount of time they've been together, they've already grown closer, and the elegant writing shows the nuances of this long-distance relationship without clobbering us over the head with dozens of emails and stilted Skype sessions.

This book is, in my opinion, hotter than the first, and the scenes have grown through the characters' changing relationsh
Dusty_Rusty
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Danielle Adams
Jan 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
While this book was very well written I just couldn't get into it. I thought that maybe the story would deepen, but it seems even more detached. The only reasoning behind this that I can fathom is because the BDSM gets a LOT more rough, and perhaps the detachment is her mindset. However, I think that if the storyline were deeper and I could understand better where her mind was that the extreme roughness wouldn't have seemed so extreme to the point that I wouldn't want to be reading those scenes.
She Hearts Books
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Iris goes back to her life, but is forever changed by her time with Paul. Being away from him makes her question what they are to each other. They try to stay close through phone calls, Skype, and letters, but it just isn't the same. Iris longs to be with him again. I really enjoyed this part of their story. They are so intense together and you can't help but want them back together in the same space. I couldn't wait to read what happens next.

I give Trading Tides 4 hearts!
Louise
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trading Tides picks up the story of the evolution of the relationship of Iris and Paul in the same lyrical fashion of the first book. The author writing is rich and evocative, and the story once again drew me in. Paul's character is still somewhat inaccessible, but that kind of echoes Iris' understanding of him, so I can live with it. I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up in the final book of the trilogy - I hope that it is together!
Dhamiera Johnson
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was marginally better than the first book but still not worry of more than 3 stars. To me the story line is drab, the characters are boring and there's nothing drawing me in to the story. She even said in both the 1st and 2nd book that he wasn't that attractive. U think this will be the end of the series for me. there's nothing making me want to read the third book.
Frau Genau
Feb 19, 2016
Martin Ehrlich
Feb 15, 2015
Laila Blake
Jul 11, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ava
Jul 23, 2014
Joana Patricia
Jul 25, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Adding book to a series 3 18 Jul 11, 2014 03:02PM
Please find me on all those fun other places we can connect with each other!
www.lailablake.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laila-B...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LailaJBlake
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/stainsofblue/
Tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/stainsofblue

Breaking in Waves (3 books)
  • Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1)
  • Saltwater Skin (Breaking in Waves, #3)