Start by marking “Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)” as Want to Read:
Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)

Elicit

(Eagle Elite #4)

Cursed, numb, rejected, scorned, wicked, sinister, dark, twisted...my name is Tex Campisi and this is my legacy. I killed my father in cold blood and lost my soul right along with him.
I crave war more than peace, and I'm about to take my place in history as the youngest Capo dei Capi in the Cosa Nostra...that is until someone stops me, saves me from myself.

But the only
Published August 11th 2014 by Rachel Van Dyken

To ask other readers questions about Elicit, please sign up.
Annie Taylor yes...but I believe if you read them in order...it will give you a better insight as to who everyone is and help you relate to their behavior...

Start your review of Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this but it got a bit soap operish at times, big reveals and plot twists got a bit OTT. Review to come!

Sabrina
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia-crime-boss
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Shannon Moore
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is seriously getting better and better with each book. How is that possible?

In the last story, I wasn't the biggest fan of multiple POVs, considering most of the story revolved around Chase and Mil, but in Elicit, it worked wonders!!! Yes, it's still the story focusing on Tex and Mo but without the added POVs from Sergio and someone else (I won't tell you who 😉), I think people would've been lost. The author creates so many different layers to these stories. The heart, loyalty, leve
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I'm not touching this book. I'm sure Tex had his reasons BUT there is never a good reason or excuse to cheat. Then to know he brought OW home and sexed them up just to make Mo mad at him...that's a big Hell to the Fucking NO!

I don't care the reasons, I don't care if he gets redeemed this book is simply just not for me.

I'm also ending the series here. I've read reviews of the next few books and they just aren't for me either.
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
This book absolutely hurt my heart, numerous times. Don't get me wrong, its a brilliant story.
There are about 5 major plot twists that will have you jaw dropping saying no,no,no!!!

It was definitely a wild emotional roller coaster ride.

"After all, I was a Campisi; we freaking breed mayhem."

"Is he good, is he bad?"
You'll be asking yourself that through the entire book. Good things come to those who read the story ;)

I will say I was super upset about a certain event. It was such a shocker for me
Jennifer Wolfel
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh the tangled webs we weave! Like all the previous books in the Eagle Elite series this book weaves a magical spell of intrigue, violence, heartbreak, love and lust... YES I SAID LUST! Rachel's writing has truly taken on a life of it's own between the pages of Elicit. Mo and Tex have a chemistry that ignites the pages with fire and yet cause you to soak them with tears to put out the flames all at the same time....

Elicit takes the "family" to new levels. When we left off in Entice things were u
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Great story, mostly great narrators. The narrator who voiced Mo just didn't work for me with her NY accent.
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 What the H is going on Stars

I’ve been waiting for Elicit for a very long time. I love this series like mad and so I have to say I have mixed feelings towards this one.

My thoughts throughout the read

1% - Prologue - Are you Serious?!!! Why do I read the prologue, I hate foreshadowing

10% - Awwww… Tex and Mo …. Too cute and funny

30% - There’s a lot going on. There’s five POV’s and a lot of details

40% - Still a lot of info

50% - Still a lot of info

75% - Finally we get somewhere!!!!

80% - Pic
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
This series seriously keeps on getting better and better.

I have always loved No and Ted, and even though the road has been rough, there is just so much love between them.

Elicit is full on from the word go. There is tension, laughter, anger, and love, so much love.

I also shed a few tears - ok more than a few - as No and Ted struggled with circumstances beyond their control that impact on them.

Ms Van Dyken, you've done it again
Guia
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Rachel van Dyken is a writing goddess. I mean it. I think she just outdid herself with ELICIT. Considering how amazing ELICIT was, there is no question that RvD keeps doing better and better with each release. Elicit, in my opinion, is waaaaay up there as one of the best she’s ever written. And now, I’m going to try to write this review without giving anything away, which is going to be difficult because many things will happen in ELIC
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
I've been a fan of Rachel's for years and if it's even possible her books are getting better! Elicit is a darker, edgier addition to the series and the writing is awesome. I have been Team Chase since the beginning, but there was something about Tex that was intriguing to me. This is Tex's story. It's sad, harsh, dark, heartbreaking and deep. He's not the funny Tex from the previous books. His intensity is extremely captivating. I felt like I was sitting at the table watching them interact. Tex ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
My audiobook binge continues, and OMG!! I love TEX!! His lines killed me. I swooned so hard for him! He broke my heart, and he is lucky he put it back together again. One of my favorite mafia series!! Favorite!
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can’t stop rereading. Love this series.
Akd
**5 'Cursed' Stars**

***Welcome to the Mafia, blood in, well isn’t that just shitty part, there is no freaking out.***

Five stars, because
»This wasn't just about a hero who was an orphan...

»This wasn't just about a hero who lied to protect the one he loved...

»This wasn't just about a hero who considers himself unworthy...

»This is just about a hero who is the key to restore balance in the families.

***Being a part of the Mafia was like being in a chess game
Romancerwblog
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I stared the Eagle Elite series never did I imagine how completely sucked in to a mafia series I would become, but then again when the head of the family is Nixon Abananto how can you not be? Each book draws me in deeper and deeper, but through them all I've always considered myself a loyal member of Team Nixon, so how is it one book, one character can completely take me by surprise? It's obviously because the author behind the words is a mastermind!

I truly believe Elicit is the absolute b
K.A. Graham
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
By far, the best book in the Eagle Elite Series by Rachel Van Dyken, to date! I don’t know how she keeps them coming, packed with so much suspense, action, love, and absolute passion; it’s a winning situation for everyone!

This is Tex’s story, who we’ve come to love as the “red headed step child” to the Abandonato clan. The image I had of him was completely twisted and distorted after reading Elicit, but I can honestly say I feel “closer” to Tex now, and can see through his eyes much clearly. Thi
Pamela Lilley
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my.............my heart went out to both Tex and Mo, I mean, I was teetering on the edge of Tears so many times. This is definitely the most emotional story in the series so far. So many secrets and so much heart ache. I love the multiple points of views that Rachel Van Dyken has written, I love the fact that each story involves all previous and future characters and I love the intensity of all the mob bosses and the devotion of their family. In book 4 we follow Tex as he struggles with his f ...more
Carisa
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome!!! This whole series you just fall in love with.
Rebecca
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Van Dyken’s Eagle Elite series is one of my favorite series of all time. The complexity of its storylines and the multifaceted nature of the characters make each and every book a violent and angst filled adventure into the volatile Mafia world that Rachel created. Book 4, Elicit, focuses on Tex and Mo who, when book three ends, are at a crossroads in their relationship. But this book is about so much more than Tex and Mo’s love/hate relationship. There’s a bigger story unraveling – one th ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
The fourth book in Rachel Van Dyken's Eagle Elite series did not disappoint! Lies, betrayal, sex and power. These are just a few things you'll find in Elicit, each will have you holding your breath both dreading and anticipating the next turn of the page!

In Elicit, Rachel Van Dyken takes readers deeper into the world of the young mafia and the shadowy crevices of the Family, picking up where Entice leaves off.
Tex Campisi was abandoned by his own family and taken in by his best friend's, the Ab
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 Stars...

I am a huge fan of this series, huge! A new hot generation of mafias, what's not to love, there is drama, humour, romance, suspense and action.

The story continues on the drama between Mo and Tex which left a quite intriguing ending on the last book.

To make the story short, in this sequel, Tex is dealing with the aftermath of killing his father... And while he is fighting his demons... he also is left with no choice but to be what he is meant to be, the capo to the Campisi clan.
Tracey Murphy
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every book that comes out in this series seems to be my new favorite, but Tex and Mo’s story in Elicit blew my expectations away. Heart wrenching, gritty, and beautiful are the words I would use to describe the love between the ruthless soon to be cappo and the mafia princess.

Tex and Mo always had a volatile relationship to say the least. Tex put distance between them because he knew what he eventually had to do, assume his role as the cursed son of the (now dead by Tex’s own hand) Vito Campisi.
Jennifer Wyk
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elicit is a story of heartbreak, love, possession, power, and most of all, family. We know the families are all kinds of powerful and they care for one another with unwavering love and support. But what we see in Elicit is that this group of men are more like brothers than we ever saw before. Nixon, Chase and Tex are brothers in every sense of the word. I loved seeing their relationships with their girls in this book but also loved seeing how they interact with each other. You can completely fee ...more
Cassie
5++ cursed, numb, rejected, scorned, wicked, sinister, dark, twisted TEX STARS!!!!!

Let me start off by saying I am biased when it comes to this series!! I have absolutely fallen for these characters and Rachel Van Dyken has NOT disappointed me since she started this series! :) It is one of my favorite series, and will continue to be even after she is done writing them!

This book picks up right where we left off with Chase and Mil's story, but is Tex and Mo's story. I can honestly say that this bo
Liza
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review

Damn straight speechless.

Seventy-two chapters! Seventy-two chapters of pure and raw intensity. Rachel Van Dyken had yet again left me in awe of her mafia story- telling prowess. She never fails to give the readers top notch novels!

Out of the four books of the Eagle Elite series, I can say that Elicit will be my second favorite just a little behind Elect. Being this Tex's book, I expected more and I was given more. I wanted more heightened emotions and my
Moon Love
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading the Elite series, I was beyond skeptical. How are people in their teens and twenties going to handle being in the mob or familia? As I continued to read each book my skepticism completely faded away in part to the characters and Rachel Van Dyken's writing.

I never thought the Tex I first met in Elite and saw in Elect would be the same Tex in Elicit. Granted there were hints in Entice but I never thought I'd get to see this side of him. I liked him lots for his humor a
Jamie
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to review Elicit before it came out and let me tell you it is a 5 star book!!!

Elicit like all the other Eagle Elite's is just all around mind-blowing. I could use some other more animated words I feel are more appropriate for the subject but I think you get the point. It has all your prized people so don't worry that you'll be missing any of the comedic commentary that we always get with this group.

If you've read from the start you know Mo & Tex, but until you read th
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
BLOWN AWAY! That's what I am after reading this book. The Eagle Elite series just gets better and better. Please note this series MUST be read in order or all of the reviews will contain spoilers.

This is going to be short because so much of the detail would contain spoilers which I refuse to do. Just know that Rachel has outdone herself with Tex and Mo's story. We get a few different POV's (not just Tex and Mo) and it really works well. No problems with transitioning or tying all of their chapte
Melanie
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
★★★ 6 BRILLIANT STARS ★★★

For the First time, I'm Speechless!
Rachel has out shined herself not only for what is another brilliant book in the Eagle Elite series, but also how much she has jam packed in to this incredible Book.

The emotional journey that is brought through Tex and Mo's story is crazy! At times the story was heart wrenching with raw emotion between their romance, lies and deceit that is kept from being revealed to others. The Twists and unexpected turns make you gasp "oh no she didn
Liza Tice
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an early gift copy of this book. It is my favorite in the series and Tex is my favorite male character. In some series of books the authors try to recreate the winning first book that captured the hearts of the readers the first time. I feel that each book Rachel writes gets better and better.

Tex has played a major role in all the Eagle Elite books, but this time was HIS time. However, all of his tied, alliances and love for Mo will be tested. Is blood really thicker than water? Are y

• Fashion Jungle
  • Vincent (Made Men, #2)
  • Chloe (Made Men, #3)
  • Bully Me Never Again (Invern Elite Prep School, #3)
  • Lucca (Made Men, #4)
  • Damage
  • Nero (Made Men, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Bully Me Twice (Invern Elite Prep School, #2)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
  • Angel (Made Men, #5)
  • Drago (Made Men, #6)
  • The Hating Season
  • Crew Princess (Crew #2)
  • Bully Me That (Bully Me, #2)
  • Born in Blood: The Mafia Chronicles Collection (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #1-3)
  • The Cursed Series, Parts 3 & 4: Now We Know/What They Knew
  • Bully Me This (Bully Me #1)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Eagle Elite (9 books)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Entice (Eagle Elite, #3)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
  • Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite, #8)
  • Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)