Start by marking “The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C” as Want to Read:
The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C

The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C

Friends don’t let friends make the same horrible relationship mistakes twice.

Heartbreak sucks, especially when the girls should
318 pages
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C

Start your review of The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C
Marlana
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LeighAnn's books always satisfy. Her characters are unique yet believable and you can't help but feel for each one of them. This book is so beautiful, following love and heartbreak between three very different girls and their significant others. LeighAnn is able to normalize three polar opposite personalities, and she makes you love them all.

Side note: G-d bless LeighAnn for having a gay character who is, *gasp* normal! Arielle is not over the top, she's not fake, nor is she a stereotype. G-d
Michelle
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This isn't really a proper review as I beta read this one, but just know that I loved it, loved it enough to stay up till 2am reading, to pick it up the minute I woke up to finish it.

The characters are not only likeable, but real, and strong. The unlikely friendship they develop is the one thing that keeps them going through some pretty emotional times, I'm sure the pizza and ice cream helped too.

I wish I had a tissue warning though before I began reading ;)
Molli Moran
Jul 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
Now please?
RoloPoloBookBlog
The Broken Hearts’ Society of Suite 17C by LeighAnn Kopans
Source: Author
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

What happens when a Bible thumper, a group home kid with a con mom and a lesbian share a dorm room? Exactly what you would expect to happen, they become fast friends in the face of heartbreak and spend two semesters supporting one another through all the BS the first year of college can bring.

Rion: Dating a douchebag can only lead to trouble and Rion found it in spades. After her boyfriend
Paula  Phillips
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Starting at Northwestern College was supposed to be the start of their lives and something new and exciting for three girls. These three girls were put as roommates in Suite 17c of Harrison Hall and are about to find out that College is not all rainbows and new experiences filled with happiness and sunshine but it is also about heartbreaks, new friends and having your whole life as you know it tipped upside down.

Rion nearly missed out on college when her ex-boyfriend got her done for driving his
Shannon Rogers
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-arc
This was such a unique concept for a contemporary story. A perfect summer read too. The three girls that move into a suite in their college dorm couldn't be more different. They are polar opposites. One is a no-nonsense tough girl that cusses like a sailor, another is a sweet and beautiful lesbian, and the third is an innocent and extremely sweet Christian girl. You would never expect these three to build any bridges to each other, but they bond over their shared heartbreak.

At the same time
Valerie Cole
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Leigh Ann Kopans writes some of my favorite contemps, and her debut NA did not disappoint.

Like a Sex and the City for the 18+ set, The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C offers up a heavy dose of feels as three girls pick up the broken pieces of their lives after moving to college. I fell in love with the tight-nit family they formed around their three heartbreaks and a pint of Jeni's ice cream.
Jennifer Ellision
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so hard on so many levels.
Rachel Marie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leigh Ann Kopans has done it again. You guys know how much I love, love her books, Solving for Ex and First World Problems. I was SO excited when I heard about this one. And it did not disappoint.

Rion, Amy, and Arielle are strangers until their first day of college where they find themselves to be roommates. They all are coming off of or experience within the first few days a heartbreak, and decide to form a secret society: The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C. They decide to hold each other
Jessica S
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
I'm somewhere between a 4.5 and 5, but I'm gonna round up to 5 on everything because it's LeighAnn Kopans. ;)

Disclaimer: I received an eARC to review as part of this tour. This did not affect my review in any way, nor am I being compensated for it.

I have to start by saying that I am in love with Kopans' writing. I only haven't read One and Two. So when I saw that she was having this tour, I knew I had to be a part of it. And I'm so happy to be able to share my love for this book.

Kopans always
Cathy
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never read anything by this author but I now feel the need to get every single book she’s ever written because this book was just so amazing in so many different ways. From the characters, the settings, the situations everything was there. I can even completely see this as being a TV show that’s for sure. There’s so much going on and it was all beautifully written to keep you hooked from the very beginning.

We meet three main characters that couldn’t be more different from another and they
Pili
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was sure I was gonna like this one because I love LeighAnn's writing and storytelling, but I was a bit unsure because NA contemporary is not my go-to genre. But I shouldn't really have doubted that I would less than love this book!

Amy, Arielle and Rion easily crawled into my heart and their heartbreaks felt like mine, as did their struggles and triumphs. I cheered for them, felt like shaking them at times, and loved seeing them step out of their comfort zones and grow so much! Their
Kris
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I. Loved. It.The three roommates that make up Suite 17C as different from each other as people can be, yet common experiences in life and love form an unexpected friendship. It is incredibly entertaining to get to know these young women individually and then observe what they do once united. While bringing back fond memories of Freshman year, it was unlike any book I have read and very far from predictable.
The book follows Rion, Arielle, and Amy's first year of college; it begins on Orientation
Merisha28
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, favorite
The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C by LeighAnn Kopans
Print Length: 404 pages
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
ASIN: B00XK5X5SQ

My Review~~
I received this book in exchange for a honest unbiased review.
When I read the excerpt on this book, I had to read it and I was rightly justified. This book is so good!! This is the first book that I have read by this author and I just loved her writing style, storyline, and characters. I will be reading her other novels and that is a fact. It is a
Kathleen
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a thoroughly entertaining New Adult Romance to read this summer, than The Broken Hearts Society of Suite 17C is the book for you!

Author LeighAnn Kopans weaves a sassy tale that follows three college freshman girls: Rion, Amy, and Arielle, who become roommates, and while they come from very different backgrounds, and have very different personalities, they share one thing in come: they all enter college after experiencing a broken heart!

Written in the alternating
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was both excited and wary when I began reading this – excited because I’d read Leigh Ann’s First World Problems and loved the secondary character, Arielle, who is a main in Suite 17C, and wary because a lot of authors who attempt multi-POV novels with characters who are meant to be very different from one another can’t pull it off, particularly when those characters are all of the same gender.

Turns out there was no reason for the wariness.

Rion, Amy, and Arielle are three extremely different
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, contemporary, review
Blog Tour Post: The Shadow Realm

This is the first book by this author that I have read and I don't think it will be the last. This was a really cute and fun read and I really enjoyed it.
Told from the POV of Rion, Arielle and Amy, 3 strangers who are now college roommates, this book follow them as the navigate the struggles of heartbreak, love, friendship and self discovery. Each character had their own unique voice so it was easy to distinguish between each of them and to get into their heads.
The Book Jar Blog
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Read more of our reviews at: www.thebookjarblog.wordpress.com

Friends don’t let friends make the same horrible relationship mistakes twice.
Rion, Amy, and Arielle, the three occupants of first-year dorm Harrison Tower’s Suite 17C have never met before the first day of school, but they soon discover they have one thing in common – being on the wrong end of an epically awful breakup. Heartbreak sucks, especially when the girls should have seen the trouble coming from a mile away. But there’s no
Renee
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourites, read-2015
This is the first book I have read by LeighAnn Kopans. I wasn't sure what to expect and I found the first page quite confronting. There was a whole lot of swearing and a drug bust. Not quite what I was expecting and I was thinking to myself is all this swearing really necessary. I don't swear and it made me feel a little uncomfortable. I kept reading though and the writing style changed completely in the next chapter. I discovered that the book is written from three main characters POV and each ...more
Amy Shelton
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it

**Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from YA Reads in exchange for a fair and honest review**
Three girls make their journey in life through school and up to their first year college. This is supposed to be a time of freedom and excitement for everyone that attends college. However, for Rion, Amy, and Arielle it’s a time of heartbreak and frustration. They make a pact to now allow each other to date another person with the same characteristics as the one who broke their heart. Will they
Trisha Leigh
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Does Leigh Ann Kopans ever let us down? No, she doesn't. THE BROKEN HEART'S SOCIETY OF SUITE 17C is a massive undertaking, with three protagonists with growing up to do and three romances flowing across its pages, but Leigh Ann meets the challenge head on and gives the reader not one, but three characters to root for and love.

This is Upper YA/NA in the true sense of the categories - these girls make mistakes, they flounder, they can't see themselves clearly, they use relationships as crutches,
Samantha March
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy
To be honest, I wasn’t sure I was going to end up liking this book as I much as I did when I started reading. The cover didn’t particularly reel me in, but the subject matter did, and I am really impressed with this book on a whole. The beginning does a terrific job at pulling the reader in. Each girl that we follow is so different and has a unique story to bring to the overall book. I found myself invested from the start and happily followed along the way. Highly
Rachel
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. After reading the first paragraph, you are sucker punched with the smart sassy writing. Kopans write real characters, normal people; people with bad parents, complicated issues. A lesbian, a bible girl, and a street kid, all the most unlikely of friends bond over their shared heartbreak and really struggle to navigate the realms of dating, picking themselves up and moving on. A fab book, I would watch this as a film, no question.
Rebecca Einstein
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, loved this. I love how the characters are fleshed out and fully developed. Kopans really knows how to get into the mind and soul of YA characters and make them multi-dimensional. Can't wait until my tween is old enough to read this. (In several years because there are some sexually-graphic scenes.)
M
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was like dipping into one stereotype, stock character after another with no characterization beyond the surface. The friendships that developed were very superficial and fluffy without much meat to them, and it was kinda actually insulting? These girls weren't really doing anything except relationship stuff. Like, that's what their whole lives revolved around. Okay. Cool.
RivkaBelle
***3.5 stars
Really great handle on the tricky world of college relationships, especially those between girls/friends from very different places in life. I could have used roomies/girls like that in navigating my freshman year.
Isabelle
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved so much about this book. It's in some ways a love letter to college, self love, and that inexplicable feeling when you've truly found your tribe.
Nikki Barrett
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5...Review to come
Juvia
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Matt and Amy were the best parts of this book. I would love to read a sequel/companion/spinoff with just them <3
m bhana
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Obsession
  • Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1)
  • The Good Samaritan
  • I'll Never Tell
  • How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)
  • The Wedding of Rachel Blaine
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • Shutter Island
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Pretty Ugly Lies
  • Gabi, a Girl in Pieces
  • Frankissstein: A Love Story
  • The Friend
  • Pieces of Her
  • The Other Ann
  • Swipe Right for Murder
  • Christmas With Friends (Friends Like These, #2)
Raised on comic books and classic novels, Leigh Ann developed an early love of science fiction and literature. As an adult, she rediscovered her love for not only reading, but also writing the types of fiction that enchanted her as a teen. Her debut novel, ONE, is about a girl with only half a superpower, the boy who makes her fly, and her struggle to make herself whole.

Leigh Ann, her husband, and