Start by marking “Requiem's Hope (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Requiem's Hope (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)

Requiem's Hope

(Dawn of Dragons #2)

From fire and blood, the kingdom of Requiem rises. It is a home for the lost, the exiled, the hunted--those they call weredragons. In their new kingdom, they gather--men and women who can grow wings, breathe fire, and take flight as dragons.

But there is one who would see this fledgling kingdom crushed. The tyrant Raem has opened the gates of the Abyss, summoning a demon a
Published July 15th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Requiem's Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Requiem's Hope

Ryan Mueller
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Enjoyable pulp fantasy. There's a lot of good action, and if you're into dragons, you'll probably like these books quite a bit.

That being said, I felt at times like things were happening too quickly. I think this book would have benefited from slowing down at times, both in terms of plot progression and character development. I was entertained the whole way through, though, so I overlooked some of the shortcomings.

Rating: 7/10
Kaitlynn
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't like leaving trilogies un-read, and I often get in a trap of "First books are often weak because they are a lot of setup, let's see if book 2 is a bit better." Then, after book 2, the Sunk Cost Fallacy kicks in, and I think, "Well, I came this far. Might as well see how it ends."

There were more surprises in this book, such as (view spoiler) While it certainly had shock value and reiterated a Song of Ice and Fire-esqu
Bryan
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
It was good but getting a little bored of the of the formula in these books. The dragons need help, they split up and seek it but first they must earn the respect of those they seek. A test of strength is needed. I saw this in Moth books too. I like Arenson's books but getting a little stale. I had stopped reading Koontz for the same reason, every book was too similar. I'll come back to Arenson after a hiatus
Scott
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
This series just went more downhill the more I read it. I finished the third book so I could get it out of my mind and read something good. Such an interesting idea but poor execution.
Tomas K.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, dragons
90%, up 5% compared to the first book.
One-day read.
Following the first book and the persecution of the dragons, the focus shifts to the small group of dragons trying to start their own 'kingdom'. Which also means that non-battle violence drops significantly. In its place comes a larger swath of crude humor - as other dragons learn about the existence of Requiem and seek it out, one of them challenges Maev's bluntness and desire to fight.
There are some twists, though some of them are the type tha
Jeff Sirovatka
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This one was not quite as good as its predecessor. Although it’s just as dark, in fact maybe even more, it felt rushed. While the first book set the stage and moved quickly towards the climax, this one introduced too much too soon without taking the time to intrigue me.

Still I did enjoy it and am looking forward to see how he closes it. There was a pleasant unpredictability that fantasy novels far too often lack.
Y.I. Washington
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Weredragons Unite!

One thing that I look for in fiction is a villain(s) who's sympathetic. Requiem's Hope delivers in that department. I can understand the motives and hurt from each antagonist.

I did think this novel was somewhat predictable and still has too much repetition. There were several scenes that definitely could've been shortened.

And now, I'm off upon an adventure to finish this trilogy.
Sue
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent
GaiusPrimus
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark
I'm enjoying the series and the world building. It's interesting to me the "bronze age" setup currently present in the story. In the previous book, there are some descriptions of the people of Eteer that depict them with high brow ridges and inset eyes, which goes along with the setting of the world, but...

While I understand that this is a much more rough world, there is no place for peacetime here. We get pages and pages of battles/conflict with a paragraph of two of the in between.

I'm reading
Emmanuelle
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The dragons of Requiem have regrouped and are wanting to start building their kingdom. However, before that can be done, there are still enemies who seek to destroy them. Raem is on the move with an army of a thousand demons and Requiem's dragons must find allies. Seeking these allies will stretch all those involved and require that some sacrifices be made. As the group sets out in different directions, they must be strong if they wish to survive.
Daniel Arenson started weaving a tale of dragons
Chris
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Easily the best bronze aged fantasy with dragons vs. demons I've ever read. Actually, really good overall. Not the densest of books by any means, but enjoyable. Some pretty intense parts, especially toward the end. Some very interesting world building in this, compared to the first in the series. My only complaint is that sometimes characters seem to know things that doesn't make sense that they know, such as where locations are or names of other characters they've never seen, and other similar ...more
Jade Haden
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
so I've read book two now. I haven't decided if I love these books but I seem to like them. I like the action. these aren't the sort of books I'd usually go for but I'm enjoying a new flavour. this book is packed with battles and wars and lots of death. there is some romance, romance and a whole lot of friendship.time for book.three I think
Austin
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story grows and the battle rages.
Again Arenson does a fantastic job of building characters and settings. The battles are fantastic and the demons of the abyss horrible and terrifying. I do feel that he could make some of the trials of the main characters a little less easily resolved. Some are trapped and freed within a page or two. But otherwise this is a great addition to this trilogy
Barb McKinley
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and love the series. I am a dragon lover so this attracted me to the series. I had never read Mr. Arenson before and am sure glad I found him. The series is wonderful and something I would recommend to anyone.
Leslie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
A bit too gruesome
Raivan's Nest
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
(Doing a series review. See Requiem's Song: Dawn of Dragons book 1)
Jackson Morris
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, if short

Good book right now I am just trying to fill up the 20 word minimum b huh h j j
Lisa
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!! Read the book and journey to a whole new world!
Heather Hatton
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm really loving Requiem. the reading flows nicely, there's action, sorrow, love everything.
Jul 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Disappointing

I had hoped the writing would get better but it did not. Still filled with repetitive descriptions and makes for a bland story.
Emily Schacher

• Dororo, Vol. 2
  • Seven to Eternity, Vol. 2: Ballad of Betrayal
  • Archer & Armstrong, Volume 2: Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
  • Hellblazer, Volume 3: The Fear Machine
  • The Mantle of Darkness (Legends of Agora, #7)
  • Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance (Adventures Beyond Dragon Mountain)
  • Rat Catcher
  • In the City of Falling Stars
  • Endless Night (The Endless War, #3)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • The Midas Flesh Vol. 1
  • Witch Doctor, Vol. 1: Under the Knife
  • The Throne of Bones
  • Rule of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #6)
Daniel Arenson is a bookworm, proud geek, and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. His novels have sold over a million copies. The Huffington Post has called his writing "full of soul." He's written over forty novels, most of them in five series:

EARTHRISE — They came from deep space. They came to destroy us. Against the alien onslaught, Earth stands alone. But we will figh

Dawn of Dragons (3 books)
  • Requiem's Song (Dawn of Dragons, #1)
  • Requiem's Prayer (Dawn of Dragons, Book 3)