Start by marking “To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)” as Want to Read:
To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)

To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  543 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Take a rousing romp through 1790s England with this second of four Properly Spanked novels...

The Earl of Warren never considered himself the heroic type—or the marrying type. Unfortunately, while attempting to save the mysterious Lady Maitland from the clutches of a degenerate fortune hunter, he ends up shackled to her himself.

It was never in the plans, and worse, his bri
237 pages
Published October 24th 2014 by Scarlet Rose Press (first published October 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about To Tame a Countess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Tame a Countess

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical Erotic Fans
Oh, yes, this story was definitely "spankalicious.' Much better than Training Lady Townsend (book 1). Likeable hero and heroine. Good conflict. Funny. Emotional. I liked really this story!

It's interesting how the heroes of this series struggle with debauching their wives, which they had always resolved their needs with skilled courtesans/whores. The emotional, along with sexual, fulfillment exceeds their paid experiences. The heroine was afraid for her first time, but she was ignorant of what is
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Ahead This was book two in the "Properly Spanked Series" and it was a really good book. Lord Warren who we met in the first book didn't want a wife while at a party at Lord Baxter's house he meets is young charge Lady Maitland who is a mystery to all and scared of her own shadow. Lady Maitland returned to England after the death of her parents in India and all she wants is to be left alone, but society calls that she be married and she doesn't want a husband she wants a cottage to live ...more
carol
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult erotica and history lovers
Thoroughly enjoyed this good story by Annabel Joseph; of the Baroness Josephine Maitland, brought up in India, and outside of social conventions of aristocratic Regency England, and of Earl Warren, known as Warren in preference to Idyllwild his given name, understandably.
Warren, previously a man who preferred the batchelor life of the wealthy, with wine, gambling, and loose women, out and about with his aristocratic set.
Here he finds himself acting the hero and marries, and decides to give it
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-reader, arc
Book two in Annabel Joseph’s Properly Spanked series, might be my favorite book of hers to date. Yes, you read that sentence right and let me tell you that was hard for me to wrap my head around too, because after all it is a historical spanking book and the reason I fell in love with Annabel’s writing in the first place was the BDSM and TPE elements in her books. But color me surprised, dress me in a petticoat and time warp me back to the 1700’s because I have fallen in love with a certain Lord ...more
Becca
I loved this story! The combination of Regency romance with spanking naughtiness makes for a delightful read, and this one was so well done. Annabel Joseph writes punishment scenes that are not for sissies, and often rather hard for me to take, but in this book I appreciated her somewhat harder hand. *wink*

What I loved was a heroine who was innocent, intelligent, and willing to stand up for what she knew to be right. Despite numerous punishments, Josephine never became a doormat - although she d
Melanie
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first in this naughty series. It had a bit too many slaps than tickles for my personal taste...
Dina
3 1/2 stars
Robin
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I love historical romance and I love erotica, so put them together and I am one very happy reader. Add in the fact that the author is Annabel Joseph, and you have the recipe for a fantastic book.

To Tame a Countess takes all the typical historical romance plotlines (arranged marriage, innocent maiden, reformed rake) and turns it all just a little bit to the left
ies
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, eroro, pararom
ini edisi gw mo jalan ngantor trs kepentok, kaki nya memar dan berakhir dikosan eheheehehe.. .dan gw penasaran jg, abisan Warren kan kalau kata si Hunter tu lebih liar, nama nya kan Idylwild (aneh yak) dan beken dgn naman Wild Warren hmpfh, tp pas baca bukunya sukaa deh.. apalagi pas buku nya Hunter die jg bantuin Hunter buat buka mata kl istrinya tu cinta ama die, dan die jg cinta istrinya.. overall Warren justru yg paling "hangan" dibanding b4 ini menurut gw kwkwkw.. paling baek maksudnya haha ...more
Dar
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Warren and Josephine were both a little flighty, but luckily they made that work for them by the end of the book!

Lord Warren attends a house party with his sister, the effervescent Minette, planning to spend his time in the palour playing cards and drinking. Circumstances don't quite allow that and he instead ends up with wife.

His wife isn't some proper English lady though, she was removed from England with her parents and grew up in the wilds of India and Africa. She knows nothing of English s
Mela Remington
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although I have not been known to be a huge fan of historicals, I *AM* a huge fan of Annabel Joseph. When I heard she had a new historical spanking series coming out I knew i had to give it a try. She pulled me in with the first book in the series such that I was breathlessly anticipating the next book.

She did not disappoint. This was a delicious romp through Edwardian England with lots of naughty delicious fun. Warren is just the standoffish cad you'd expect, he wants his painted paid for girl
Katherine
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Annabel Joseph is one of my favourite authors- I eagerly await each new release, and usually have it finished within a few hours of its being available (such is the curse of a fast reader).

She consistently lives up to my (now quite high) expectations, and To tame a Countess is no exception. Warren had me when he called Minette "mopsy"- there's just something about gentle brotherly love that really endears me to a character. I very much enjoyed the characterisation of Josephine- it's an unusual
Elle  Silver
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The writing was impressive. The writer lead me on a journey into the lives of two very different people who ordinarily wouldn't suit and managed to get them to fall in love. Warren is a worldly man and Josephine is a frightened little girl who doesn't understand the new environment she find herself in. Maybe that's why they work. I love how domineering Warren is and Josephine's courage is praise worthy. I don't think it is a story that I will have a hard time forgetting, but if ever I come acros ...more
Paige Turner
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved To Tame a Countess. This series contains both my favorite scenarios for a book, arranged marriages and a little kink. Annabel does a great job with both.
The Earl of Warren and Lady Maitland must fulfill their roles in society and marry so their reputation is upheld.
Despite having to marry, the two were able to form a bound with each other. I loved watching Lady Maitland grow from a scared girl into a woman.
Although her brother hated her constant chatting, I loved Minette. She's a girl
Betty
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second installment to this historical series!

This is Warren's story, one of Lord Townsend's childhood. friends and the brother of my favorite Minnette, her book is next in the series! Warren is only interested in a good time & being a good brother to Minnette until he happens upon Lady Josephine hiding behind a plant at a grand social event! Josephine is mourning her parents & recently arrived from exotic lands. The lady is deeply troubled by her past. That's all I'll say about the
Aly is so frigging bored
4.5*
I liked this one more then the 1st book.

Warren was a bit self-absorbed, but he had good intentions. I liked Josephine a lot, she tried to be "good", but damn it was too hard sometimes! :)) Ms Joseph writes compelling characters and I love the flow of her stories, she always gets me to connect with her "people". I can't wait for Lord Warren's sister, I truly wish the book would be published even sooner *sigh*
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is book two in the "Properly Spanked" series. This is a stand alone book so don't feel that you have to read the books in order! This is a very hot book! It finds the hero and heroine being semi-forced to the alter. The hereione has had a upsetting childhood with being moved around so much but not so loving parents, who died and left her alone. The hero, lost his parents at an early age too. I did feel like the hero was to hard on her but found that I liked him at the end!
Becca Reads
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love this historical novel of domestic discipline. Josephine is quite the puzzle and finally learning her secrets lets her odd behaviour make sense to the reader and Lord Warren. Glimpses were given of what to expect in the next two books and Arlington (Under a Duke's Hand) looks like his will be very fun. And we also get to know Minette, Lord Warren's sister, in this one. Her story will be next.

I don't remember historicals being this much fun to read!
K. J. Coakley
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
I was anxious to start this book and I really liked Warren from his role in the first book. However, the characters fell short for me. I couldn't get over the abrasive nature with which Warren regarded Josephine. It was well written, but just didn't quite click for me. I'm hoping the next installment will reel me back in.
Hilary
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Annabel Joseph's writing style and loved this book. The characters are fully formed and distinct. The way that Annabel writes is very visual and I could easily imagine how the characters look and "see" the world they live in. Every book I read if hers I always think is my favourite and this is just the latest one. I would highly recommend to anyone who is fond of this genre.
Theresa
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
Another amazing read by Annabel!!!

So happy I caved and decided to read these historical masterpieces!!! I love this era. The costumes, the language, the men and their way to properly seduce their so very proper women.

Read this series!!!
Right now! Stop what you're reading and one click these!!!

Love,
This PROPERLY SPANKED Fan
Charleah
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is such a well written romance. I could not put it down and fell in love with the characters. It has just the right amount of intrigue and discipline. So far I enjoy all of Annabel Joseph's books and look forward to the next.
Stephanie
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I have to give this one 3 stars because I just cannot stand a weak female main character. She acts entirely childish over and over for no good reason. That being said I still enjoyed reading the story and the writing was also good, I just can't make myself give it a better rating.
Kay Az
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the innocence of the heroin in this book. It'S really good book despite it was portrayed in 18 centuries where all the toys are not yet introduced. I love how they end up together and how the husband teaches all the indecent things to her innocent wife. Ship this couple. Peace
Timeforme
A good continuation to the series. I liked Josephine a lot and Warren was a good character in this book, as he was in the first. I thought that Josephine's childhood trauma was a bit overstated but still the she was an engaging character so I made allowances for that.
Danielle Thomas
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: annabel-joseph
Great bdsm, hot sex. Emotional story. Great read.
Elaine
A delightful story with great characters. Loved the storyline. A very enjoyable read.
4.5*
Michelle Robbins
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Annabel Joseph writes the most amazing stories ever! Loved it! Looking forward to the next book!
Sierra
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read about an 18th century disciplinary marriage. Lots of sex scenes, but emotional development too.
IkeaGoddess
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first book was hot, but this one was just as hot. I loved the main characters. I liked that it continues in the same circle of characters as the first, but can still be read as a stand-alone.
  • Pleasing the Colonel
  • Undercover Submission (Graceful #3)
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • A Roll of the Dice (Suncoast Society, #9)
  • The Starlight Rite
  • False Pretenses (Rod and Cane Society, #2)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • Dark Wolf (Wild Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Badcock
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
Annabel Joseph is a NYT and USA Today bestselling BDSM erotic romance author. She writes mainly contemporary romance, although she has been known to dabble in the medieval and Regency eras. She is recognized for writing emotionally intense BDSM storylines, and strives to create characters that seem real--even flawed--so readers are better able to relate to them.

Annabel also writes non-BDSM erotic
More about Annabel Joseph

Properly Spanked (4 books)
  • Training Lady Townsend (Properly Spanked, #1)
  • My Naughty Minette (Properly Spanked #3)
  • Under A Duke's Hand (Properly Spanked #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Chapter One: Lady Maitland England, 1793 The Earl of Warren let his mind drift as his younger sister rambled on in a cheerful voice. Wilhelmina—or Minette, as everyone called her—could carry on a conversation for hours, no matter if the other person participated in the exchange. He had the questionable fortune to be sharing a carriage with her on a day-long journey to a friend’s home in Hertfordshire. “Will we be there soon?” Minette perched on the edge of her seat, craning to look out the window.” 0 likes
“I said that Lady Chastity has accepted a marriage proposal from Lord Goss. Isn’t” 0 likes