Start by marking “Just Over the Horizon” as Want to Read:
Just Over the Horizon

Just Over the Horizon

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Is it possible for a traveling hospice nurse to find romance in a small southern town? After all, she is only passing through and needs to focus on her job--a job that requires compassion and dedication. She can't afford to have any distractions.
Since her grandmother's death, Sarah has been alone. No family. No friends. No distractions. Just the way she likes it. Traveli
ebook
Published July 8th 2014 by Clean Reads (first published July 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Just Over the Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Over the Horizon

Valicity Garris
There is a lot to say about this book. It’s got romance, tragedy, faith, and even a little drama. So where should I start?

Let’s start with Sarah—a Hospice nurse. Sarah is a very classic romantic lead, she’s just a woman who wants to keep her head down and get her job done. That’s not too much to ask, is it? We are guided into the story at a very steady pace, we get to know Sarah as a woman who’s got issues of her own but always manages to stifle them so that she can focus on others. ‘Others’ be
Olivia
I wasn't sure what to expect when I began reading this. At first I was apprehensive, but after a chapter or two was drawn in to the story. Susan Rush portrays the end of life clearly and effectively. Sarah, as a traveling hospice nurse, faces death all the time. Through her Nana's little cards to help during discouragement, Sarah finds strength day by day. I loved how Sarah thought back to lessons her Nana taught her.

It seems like with a lot of books it always comes back to the romance. Sadly to
Rebekah Tooley
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a 4.5. It was an extremely enjoyable read! I learned to love each of the characters and was glad Sarah chose Nate. It was definitely a surprise when Marie showed up! This was a sad but but also a funny book. I think the only thing I would change about this book was Marie. I think I would of created an entire different book on her story. But this was still an amazing book and a must read!!!

*The author gave me this book for free on amazon Kindle in exchange for a honest review*
Lisa
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just Over the Horizon is a sweet romance with a couple of great twists. The author follows the genre faithfully with the romantic couple meeting early in the story under quirky circumstances, there’s a rival, and there are conflicts which keep them apart. The great twists happen with advice from Sarah’s past, and biggest conflict is in Nate’s past. I also love that the story was allowed to progress past the natural happily ever ending to the wedding and beyond a year. It felt natural and althoug ...more
Iola
Sarah Reeves is a visiting hospice nurse, and has just moved to a new three-month assignment where she meets handsome carpenter Nate Williams while looking less than her best. A lot less than her best, but that doesn’t prevent the two becoming friends as they care for Nate’s adopted father. Sarah gets more involved in the community, and is even asked out by a handsome young doctor, and she finds herself torn, and perhaps even wanting to settle in one place.

There were quite a few typos and glitch
Larina
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Our story is about a woman named Sarah who is a hospice nurse. With her being around the dying all the time you would think death would be no stranger to her. When death takes her beloved nana, her grief is almost overwhelming. Nana left Sarah a box.
Sarah relocates to another town and falls in love. She looks to her little box for advice yet it brings her questions. Questions about her youth and who is Sarah?

Sarah falls in love with a man named Nate. But Nate has competition with a oncologist.
Emily
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read. It did take me a while to get into it, but that could be because life has been a bit busy. The characters were believable and I liked them.
Ruth Onken
Springfern
May 03, 2018
Danielle Benoit
Dec 18, 2016
I wish I could say God whispered He wanted me to work with the dying, and I humbly and gratefully obeyed. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. Mother Teresa, I am not. He led me to a career in hospice, but I ran in the opposite direction. Dying people scared me. And dead bodies? They terrified me. Plus, I'm a weeper. It's not a complete day if I haven't cried at least once--not ...more
More about Susan Rush