Start by marking “High Heat (Hard Hitters, #1)” as Want to Read:
High Heat (Hard Hitters, #1)

High Heat

(Hard Hitters #1)

The author of Melting the Millionaire’s Heart gives readers a front-row seat to her new Hard Hitters baseball series. First up at bat: a hotshot pitcher and a PR pro battle it out on and off the field…

Small-town Indiana tomboy Sarah Dudley grew up living and breathing baseball, since her father owned the minor league Plainview Thrashers. A talented player herself, she
Published June 16th 2015 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about High Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Heat

Start your review of High Heat (Hard Hitters, #1)
Ami

My biggest issue with this story – and an important one that influenced my reading experience – was that I truly couldn’t warm up to both Sarah and Tom. Especially Sarah.

See, for a heroine who was described by the hero to be “smart”, “tough”, with “sharp-tongue”, Sarah failed to convince me. I found Sarah to be a total pushover – especially when it came to her chauvinistic father (whom I totally despised by the way), and she was rather meek. She failed to show me that she had enough
Michelle
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

High Heat by Linda Morris was a sweet sport romance read that had all the potentials to be home run but it lacked that extra excitement and drive to push it to greatness. Although I enjoyed this book, the heroine's lack of backbone to stand up to her father and brother really kept me from truly engaging and really liking the story. Also, I understood the physical attraction that Tom and Sarah had, I felt the emotional
Heather andrews
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tom is ever so honest, "no, I don’t do threeways. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time." He's such a nice guy, "no, I wanted to check on you. I could hear the retching through the wall of our duplex. Thin walls. You need anything." He takes direction well, I mean depending on what it is:
She slid her hands through his hair, keeping him close. “Yeah. Shut up and kiss me some more.”
His lips curved into a slow smile. “Okay.” He lowered his lips.
I really enjoyed this book I loved seeing
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Being a big lover of the sport of baseball and having read many baseball related romances I liked High Heat by Linda Morris but I wanted more from this story. I wanted the pro baseball player hero who was down for a rehab assignment to grow up a little and start listening to people who knew what they were talking about, I wanted the team's PR vice president heroine to stand up for herself when her father and the team's owner dressed her down
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I love a good sports romance. Baseball might not be my favorite sport, but I still can't help but enjoy some fictional baseball players every now and then.

I liked Sarah. My only complaint with her was that I wanted her to have a backbone. For a woman in such a powerful public relations role with a minor league baseball team, she was too much of a pushover when it came to her family, and her
Cocktails and Books
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books.

HIGH HEAT is a fun baseball romance. Sarah Dudley is VP of public relations for the Thrashers, a minor league baseball team in Indiana. Her family owns the Thrashers and she and her brother both work for their dad. Sarah loves baseball; she played when she was younger and knows a lot about the game. Unfortunately, because she is a woman, she is not taken seriously, not even by her father.

Tom Cord is a pitcher who has been playing in

Downward dog
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-romance

I received a copy of this book to write an honest review for Cocktails and Books and Netgalley.

Amanda
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

As VP of public relations for her family's minor league baseball team, it's Sarah's job to keep professional pitcher Tom from getting into too much trouble with the media. Having already caused some controversy, Tom is pitching for her hometown team while he rehabs his pitching arm before heading back to the pros. Things get complicated when Sarah and Tom start and affair, despite the fact they know it won't go
Kame
Like a lot of women, Sarah works for her family business; which is a minor league baseball team. She has always loved baseball, and has always had an eye for her brother's former roommate and buddy who made it to the MLB. Now Tom is doing a rehab stint with her team, Sarah isn't like the women he wants to date. Or is she?

I wanted to like this book. I love reading books centered around the game of baseball. I was excited about Sarah's baseball knowledge but for me her character was sort of flat.
Danielle
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I love books when the best friends get with a sister they turn out so cute!

Sarah has know Tom for a while and she has always been love with him but he remembers her as just a skinny teenager but now she is all woman. I liked how Sarah never really got over him but won't put up with him trying to charm her. The banter was really cute. I didn't like Sarah's dad and how he always was putting her down in front of people and behind her back.

You can see right away that there is a connection between
Crystal
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance, 2015
A great start to a new series! Loved the characters!
JoAnne
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Casey
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

High Heat is the first book in the Hard Hitters Series by Linda Morris. This is a contemporary sports romance, and each book is a standalone. I love sports romance stories, so I couldn't wait to read this book. I had never read anything by Linda Morris before, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. Unfortunately while I enjoyed parts of this book, this ended up being just an okay read for me.

Sarah Dudley grew up loving baseball. While
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
In this sweet sports romance, Sarah Dudley is the public relations VP of the Plainview Thrashers, a minor league team out of Indiana that her family has owned for generations. Sarah was not only raised on baseball but she has an intense love for it as well, she could tell you better then some coaches what a player needs. But ever since the death of her mother, Sarah's father has sidelined her and her love of the sport.

Tom Cord is a veteran pitcher who while down, is not out. Recovering from an
Mignon Mykel
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, sport
Received review copy through NetGalley/Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sarah Dudley works PR for the minor baseball team, Plainview Thrashers... but if her father had any say in it, she would stay far, far away. He believes that baseball is a man's world and only gave her the position to keep her quiet, more or less. He believes her role should be entirely seen and not heard... Not seen would work for him, too.

Back when her brother was in college, Sarah had the biggest crush on his
Donna
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Tom Cord is a major league pitcher who is coming off an elbow injury and rehabbing in a small town minor league team. He's a little bitter, he was traded while on leave and he's known for his escapades with the women.
Sarah Dudley is the VP of marketing and daughter of the team's owner. Sarah's brother Paul went to college with Tom and knows his reputation with the ladies. Sarah has two jobs raising revenue while Tom's in town and staying out of his bed. One she's sure she can do with Tom's
Barrie Mac
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Sarah works for the family business but instead of working directly with baseball teams, she's head of PR because her father doesn't believe a woman's place is outside of the office. Playing in the World Series, Tom tears his elbow and as he's recovering, his team drops him. He's picked up by another team but has to spend a few weeks with a minor league. With no place to stay but over an hour away, Sarah offers Tom the other half of her duplex. As an affair begins, Sarah is caught between her ...more
RaeLatte
Great start to a baseball romance series. Discover small town minor league, a family owned and run farm team and the players who put their all into it.

Sarah Dudley is the owner's daughter and her father can't get over a women working in a man's sport. Wait till she puts it all on the line.

Tom Cord has been sent to recover but will his wild reputation follow him? Can he do what he needs to do without a PR mess or will he need Sarah to get him out of yet another disaster?

With rules about mixing
Terri
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Had a hard time with this book. At the end of the book I was left wondering why Tom and Sarah even liked each other. There was no development of their attraction to each other besides physical. Did not like Sarah's family at all. They acted like they were from the early 1900's and Sarah just gritted her teeth and took everything that they dished out.

One part that set the tone (and not a good one) for me for the rest of the book was right after Tom and Sarah get together. One minute she is
Jen
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Sarah was independent and smart, but she allowed herself to be treated as if she was less than what she was worth simply because she was a female. Her father was a jackass, but I did like her older brother Paul and his being a supportive, protective sibling. I liked her with Tom, though their story did some to jump from one point to another at times, making it a bit lacking in terms of having that true and passionate emotional connection.
Milan
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an okay book to me. It wasn't....extraordinary. I remember reading a review and the person said that they couldn't warm up to the characters. I really thought they weren't trying, but it's true. It was kind of hard to warm up to the characters and fully involve yourself in the book (maybe it's just me). Then I thought it's just my non-infatuation with baseball but no. The characters were just...ehh. I like Tom, certain parts made laugh here and there but. Idk. It's an enjoyable book ...more
Karen
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-star-hero
There were parts in this book that I endured and parts that I liked a lot. The parts I hated was the owner of the Teachers, MC's father. Jerk. I liked how knowledgeable Sarah was with baseball and I learned a lot about pitching. I didn't love Tom. If you did then I'm happy for you. I just didn't connect the chemistry and it might of been because he realized himself so late in the book and I didn't care by then. I was mostly livid at her dad's assholery.
Danielle
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, sports-romance
I really wanted to love this one, unfortunately between Tom and Sarah's father, I just couldn't force myself to do more than skim most of it.

I disliked Tom from the start and never warmed up to him which made it really hard to enjoy the romance. And all the drama with his ex added onto the drama with Sarah's dad totally ruined any happy feels that I did have while reading it.

Oh well... Onto to something else :(

*ARC kindly provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Bookishwives
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
For someone who's not American and gas never watched a baseball game in her life this was really interesting. Of course the baseball wasn't the best part. No, that would be the amazingly sexy man that is Tom Cord.
I loved every second of this book. It was funny, romantic, steamy and emotional. Hell I even cried at the end.
I will definitely be checking out the next book.
Full review over here: https://bookishwives.wordpress.com/20...
Kayla/Michaela (mindcrazed)
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars
I will definitely be checking out the next book.
Courtney
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-2016
Solid 3 star book for me.

It didn't have a whole lot of drama. Focused on baseball which I quite enjoy.

I like Tom and Sarah. They were good together. It didn't go too in depth though and I didn't really connect with the characters so that's why it's only a 3 star book. I still liked them but I didn't love them.

Overall it's a good start to a series that I will probably be continuing.
Stacy Barr-sooter
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

I was looking for something to pass a day or so of time until the next book was released from an author I love to read. I have found another author I will be looking up her books! I may have some catching up to do. Great book. Well written.
Kate H
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book but for me it was just alright. One of the things I really didn't like about the book was Sarah's dad I just could never warm up to him. I think with some refining and thoughtful editing this could develop into a great series.
Katherina
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A very nice baseball romance. Nothing fantastic, but perfect to read snuggled to our significant other while he's watching some baseball.
For more romance reviews, check out my website:https://katherinasbooks.wordpress.com
Sheryl C. Nash
May 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
*NETGALLEY*

• Someone Like You
  • Playing Dirty (Ballers, #1)
  • Secret Catch
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Five Feet Apart

Linda Morris is a writer of contemporary romance. She writes stories with heart and heat, with a joke or two thrown in. Her book Melting the Millionaire’s Heart was an Amazon Top 100 Series Romance bestseller. Hard Hitters, her series about a fictional minor-league baseball team in southern Indiana, is available

Hard Hitters (2 books)
  • Screwball (Hard Hitters, #2)
“Nothing says ‘classy’ like posting bond for your girlfriend so you can escort her to a black-tie dinner.” 0 likes
“No relationship comes with a guarantee, but I’d rather fail with you than succeed with anyone else.” 0 likes