Start by marking “The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail” as Want to Read:
The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail

The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail

Everyone has magic but sometimes you have to search to find out what it is. That’s what Maxwell
Mouse had to do. And he discovered that what he thought was something very bad was actually
something very good, indeed.

The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail is more than just a charming, wonderfully illustrated story. With
childlike innocence, it presents an inspiring motivational
Published September 2014 by Magical Tale Press

To ask other readers questions about The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail

Start your review of The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail
Miss Meghan's Class
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-review
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I love books that teach children to look at their differences in a whole new light. This book is great. The character of Maxwell is adorable and, as you go through the story, you really feel what he is feeling - who among us hasn't had a time when they felt like they were being picked on, laughed at, for being a little different? With some kind words from his
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
I received a free digital ARC for review.

Maxwell the mouse has an insatiable hunger for learning everything and everything he can. Life is great until he wakes up with his tail way too long. It becomes his classmates' subject of laughter and frustration.

While not every real-life experience will have the storybook ending this book does, it is a great way to initiate a discussion with your child.

Having others embrace your differences is not as important as learning to accept them in yourself.

It
Jay
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publishers

cute story of Maxwell the mouse with an extraordinarily long tail. he thinks this is something to be ashamed of. but after assurances from his parents that he was completely normal, he was able to find the magic inside to use his extra long tail for good things.

a great story to show that being different is not a bad thing, it can be something great!
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B00NEFBC6E
Reviewed For NetGalley and Magic Tail Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

When Maxwell's tail grows to oversize proportions he is teased and ridiculed by others, even his best friend comments on it. Then Maxwell discovers their is a
Sharon Tyler
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail by Maureen Stolar Kanefield is a cute picturebook about a young mouse facing growing pains. Maxwell is smart, and has a curiosity that draws him to study everything. The trouble starts when he discovers his tail is growing much too long. Soon he being teased about the long tail, and how clumsy he feels with it. Maxwell soon discovers that his biggest problem can also be his biggest asset and explores the good in his tail.

The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail has
Mary Brown
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail by Maureen Stolar Kanefield is a very cute children’s book. It’s the story of Maxwell, the mouse, who is a very inquisitive mouse. He loves to explore and learn about all kinds of things. He is a happy mouse, until the day his tail grows. And grows and grows. It gets so large that the kids in school make fun of him and he trips his best friend while walking home. When he gets home and starts crying to his parents about how long his tail is, they tell him that ...more
Yvonne Mullen
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect book for every elementary classroom. Maxwell teaches students that there is “a bit of magic” in all of us. Teachers can use this book to have students take a closer look at their classmates and find the good…a fun way to build classroom community.

Additional ways to use this book in the classroom:
Reading
-predicting
-reading dialogue with expression (various “said” words)
-reader’s theater
-using pictures to infer characters’ feelings
-“reading” the
Storywraps
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
So here is my take on this great little book in rhyme....yep, I'm turning into the Rhyming Reviewer and loving it..... :)

Look, there's Maxwell by his house.
Who's Maxwell? Why he's a little mouse.
What's the problem? What is wrong?
Oh my gosh....his tail's too long!!!

His friends at school all laugh and sneer,
They tease and gawk when Maxwell's near.
Poor Max is feeling so forlorn,
Rejected, sad ... his heart is torn.

Then one day a beam of light
Shines down on Max and sets things right.
His tail is
Tima
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Maxwell loves learning about new things, spending time with his friends, and playing. But when his tail grows longer than normal he loses his confidence. His best friend becomes annoyed with him and the zest for learning just isn't there. But Maxwell sees his tail in a new light and learns there is a little bit of magic in everyone if they will look for it.

My children, especially my 8 yr old son, loved this book. The energetic feel of the story and the bright and colorful illustrations draw the
Carolyn Injoy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children, parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians
Recommended to Carolyn by: NetGalley
I received a free kindle copy of The Magic of Maxwell and his Tail by Maureen Solar Kanefield from NetGalley for fair review. I gave it a FIVE star.

I loved this adventuresome story about Maxwell the mouse's magical tail. The illustrations are cleverly done & it's a great read aloud story.

It also encourages children to see beyond their personal challenges to see their abilities.

I highly recommend it for children, parents & grandparents as well as for teachers & libraries.

Elaine
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book for younger readers and will really be brilliant to use with any child who is trying to cope with being different in any way. It helps them focus the positives of being different and using these as a strength rather than regarding them as a negative. The illustrations are superb, helping make the story one children will easily relate to. Readers will easily be able to empathise with Maxwell - being heartened by his solution to his tail problem and hopefully encouraged to ...more
Anna (BooksandBookends)
I received a digital copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is a lovely short story and I really enjoyed reading this. It's a short and sweet picture book with gorgeous illustrations. The story proves that everyone is unique and has that little bit of magic hidden within them, you've just got to find out what yours is too!

As the book is not released until September, my full review will not be posted until September 2014 - watch this space!
Lindsey Lewis
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a free digital ARC via NetGalley for reviewing purposes.

Maxwell is a vibrant, academic little mouse - but then his tail begins to grow incredibly long and the other mice at school begin to make fun of him. Maxwell soon begins to realize that his differences are what make him special.

A sweet tail(!) with bright illustrations that encourages children to love themselves for who they are and to find the magic within themselves.
Rosanne Ward
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Magic of Maxwell and His Tail is a delightful story of a mouse who had a physical issue that caused him emotional pain. By learning how to use his tail in a way that improved his self-esteem, Maxwell was able to gain new knowledge and silence the bullies or mean mice that he encountered. This book is appropriate for all children to help them recognize that it's OK to be different and in fact it could be a real asset. Dr. Ward
Ryan
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it
It was alright. Maxwell has a tail longer than all the other mice and it gets in the way. But while starting at it one morning in the sunlight, he discovers his tail is magic because its like a third arm. The story is about being who you and liking your self for it, and that is a good message. I just didn't care for the story. Its a bit wordy, and I love that Max finds good uses for his long tale, but I think there was too quick a transition from bad to good.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
An adorable book with beautiful illustrations about finding a way to love our self, with a storybook ending that is great for bedtime or anytime. I think the book is a great tool to use with children when we are addressing things like; negotiate the struggles of growing up, understanding their changing bodies and how to appreciate what gift you were given.
5 stars
Ricki
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is precisely the kind of book that I want to read to my son. It teaches him that it is only okay to be different, but that he can use his differences in ways that make him special. I adored this book and will certainly read it to him again and again.
Nanci Booher
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the illustrations and the purpose of this story (accepting yourself and figuring out who you really are). It fell flat a couple of times for me but that being said, kids will love this story and I think that it would make a great storytime read.
Hamster
The pictures were nicely done. The message was good for kids to hear. The story just didn't do much for me. Thanks NetGalley, for the copy.
Lisa
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
very cute. I like the "feeling different" part and then finding what makes you unique. A great story for kids.
Susan Burcham