Start by marking “Angels of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #4)” as Want to Read:
Angels of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #4)

Angels of Bourbon Street

(Jade Calhoun #4)

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Deanna Chase, brings you book four in the Jade Calhoun series.

Despite having lost half her soul, coven leader Jade Calhoun is determined to lead a regular life, and that means planning her wedding. With just five weeks until the big event, plans are halted when Jade falls victim to a ghost possession. Unfortunately, it
ebook, New cover, 300 pages
Published May 29th 2013 by Bayou Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Angels of Bourbon Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels of Bourbon Street

Start your review of Angels of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #4)
Karen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy these books and I like most of the characters because they have been able to grow as the series has moved forward, then there are some I could do without sometimes. Being set in New Orleans makes this work perfectly for the way things seem to go for everyone here. I have never been but every time I read one of these books I can imagine that I an visiting the French Quarter or the Garden District because of the vivid descriptions of the locales. I chose to listen and read because it does ...more
Jen
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
2.5 Stars
Just... Wow!
This book was super dark.
Jade is facing a ghost that's possessing her and her friends. Creating a very dark situation at one point. Left me in a bit of shock. I truly never expected it. I wish the book was a little less extreme and dramatic. I think I spent a good portion of the book stressed out.

Everyone has had to face big challenges in this novel. Some big changes take place and cause a lot of havoc. I feel horrible about Ian's fate and I hope the next book can bring
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
3.5/5
Much more intense than the previous stories, but I ended up enjoying it.
Narrator is pretty good, but doesn't do the male voices that great lol.
Julie
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Angels of Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase is a 2013 Bayou Moon Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Oh dear, just when Jade manages to get Roy's ghost under control she finds herself being possessed by another powerful entity. She manages to escape the first time, but it's determined that with her weakened condition, she will not last much longer if drastic steps aren't taken. So, what to do? She will need a little bit of her mother's soul and a little
Angie Brill
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still love the world that Chase has created and the characters who inhabit it. Jade did start to get on my nerves a little with her constant compulsion to run, collapse, or zone out in some form or fashion that caused her to get into a worse bind than before. I was pretty much siding with Piper in her assessment of Jade. But the other characters did not let me down nor did the set up for the next book in this series. Can't wait to see how it plays out and what Jade and Kane's new "jobs" entail.
Candace
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Angels. Can be little stinkers in this series. Still falling in love with this group of characters
Jessica
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books in the series so far. I can't wait to see what else is in store for Jade and Kane!
Michele
Honestly, if I were Kane, I would chuck the protagonist's whiny butt out the nearest window...however, the story does manage to pick up toward the end.
Cheryl
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! Jade, Kane, Pyper, Kat, Lailah and family and friends are about to experience lots of unusual things. As Jade and Kane plan their wedding with friends and family a lot of secrets will be revealed and lots of unusual things will happen. Friends will do things they would normally not do and Jade’s soul is at stake. With all the happenings and twists to the story the reader will learn secrets and lives are about to change in many ways. I recommend this book and the entire Jade ...more
Amy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

So many unanswered questions about Jane's family were resolved but in true Deanna Chase style, it only leads to more chaos. All in all though, I am pretty used to that myself so I don't find it a stretch. I'm fact, that may be one of the reasons I like this series so much.
David J
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book mostly. Solid story. I get annoyed by Kane, the perfect man, particularly the macho BS. I also get annoyed by Jade's inability yo stand up for herself without Kane, despite her power and the rest of her friends.
samantha
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling

Love your books. Can't wait to keep reading!!! The end left me on the edge of my seat. Buying the next book to see what happens to Kane and jade
Connie Beggs
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I like the Jade Calhoun series but the sex stuff is getting a big turnoff. One whole chapter was a sex encounter... the story plot was good tho
Sue
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
I have been liking this series, then I started this story. I feel like Jade got stupid in this one. It seemed like she had no idea what was going on, or what could happen when making certain choices.
Garry Wall
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the continuation of Jade and Kane's story and the indication of future directions. Parts are a bit too romance novel for this old man but Deanna Chase's novels remain good light reading.
Elizabeth Wheeler
Great series

This series is sexy, interesting, captivating, clever, and at times playful. Deanna Chase is a first class author. I highly recommend this series.
Bev Greene
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love the world she has built full of powerful women and men that love them being just as powerful not just an aftert thought
Heather
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addictive

I couldn’t stop reading, I absolutely love this series.This book in particular was my favorite out of all of them.
Tillie
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series. Well written and suspenseful.
Cheri
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Half a soul. A wedding to plan in a short time. A ghost possessing you and your friends. What's a witch to do? She has lots of help but is afraid to use it. Is the ghost really what they think--evil--or does she need their help?

The reader gets an insight into the closeness of this group of friends, the love between the couple with plenty of steam. There is a big surprise for Jade and her family. The surprise may help her or will it?

Angels of Bourbon Street has plenty of action and surprises.
Mercedes
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Witches Angels Demons O My.
Another good story and characters.
Really enjoy reading.
Rhonda Jones
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous Series

The stories just keep getting better and better. I love the complexity and multiple plot lines. Never a dull moment.
Lauri Tribbey
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowza

Jade and Kane have trouble coming at them from all sides. Jade is just learning how to manage her abilities without having other witches daemons trying to see steal them from here.
Lisa
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series and was so anxious to get started on this book. This review is for both the ebook and the audio because I have both and read some then listened. The story moved at a fast pace. Until around the middle where it was a little repetitive in as Jade never got answers from her mother or anyone. She would ask and every time they would sort of stutter and refuse to answer. It was dragging out for about a chapter. I was so upset. I was thinking I would only give it two or three stars. ...more
IslandRiverScribe
About four months ago, Jade Calhoun’s soul tore in half when the Angel Council tried to remove it entirely and give it to Meri, one of their own. Since then, Jade has been physically weak, has lost her empathic ability and finds it hard to locate her white witch’s spark.

During a meeting with the seamstress and the caterer for Jade’s upcoming wedding to Kane, the resident ghost at Summer House, Camille, manages to possess Jade’s body. Because Jade’s soul is compromised, the possession is
Arien/Sloan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The trails and tribulations of Jade and Kane continue. The hits keep coming and they don't back down. I am really enjoying this series!
Ashley
This read like an extremely bad (or good) episode of Maury. There was cheating boy/girlfriends a quite literal "You ARE the father" scene, fist fights and MORE.

Jade seemed extra whiny in this one and the ghost's voice was nails on a chalk board horrible, and I usually don't have a problem with Traci Odom.
Samantha Holly
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychic-genre
This book follows on after Jade's soul was torn from her body to be given to the fallen angel, ex-demon and returned angel Meri. Of course for those who have read the previous book, 'Demons of Bourbon Street', know the Angel Council were unsuccessful of giving all of her soul to Meri. Instead, Jade is left with half a soul, no empathy ability and is in a continuous weaken state. This is not good for her upcoming nuptials to Kane; or as a white witch she attracts evil; or the fact that having a ...more
Karen
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Yay! Angels! Angels are happy and nice and .... oh, yeah. This is still Deanna Chase we're reading here. Angels can be vindictive and horrid and wretched and ... I think you get what I mean.

Angels of Bourbon Streetbegins five weeks before Kane and Jade's wedding is to take place. It really does turn out to be a good thing to have read it back-to-back withEngagedsince the ghost who was floating around the engagement party ends up playing quite a big part in this installment since she possesses
Melissa Basnight
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This book had lots of drama mixed with witchcraft and angels. Jade and her friends are being possessed by a ghost trying to save her daughter. Jade finally learns who her real father is and why her stepfather abandoned her. This book doesn't have as much humor as her other books, but it was still a good book. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Better Haunts and Garden Gnomes ([Un]Lucky Valley, #1)
  • No Crones About It (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Festivals and Fatalities (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery Book 7)
  • The Mint Julep Murders (Southern Ghost Hunter, #8)
  • The Haunted Heist (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder on the Sugarland Express (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #6)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Impersonation and Investigation (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery, #6)
  • Broom with a View (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 3)
  • Deadly Danger (A Seeing Colors Mystery Book 2)
  • Shades of Murder (A Seeing Colors Mystery Book 1)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Panic Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 5)
  • Catastrophe cliff (Seeing colors, #3)
  • Magic & Madness (Starry Hollow Witches #6)
  • Sweep - Stakes (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 6)
Deanna is a native Californian, transplanted to the slower paced lifestyle of southeastern Louisiana. When she isn't writing, she is often goofing off with her husband in New Orleans, playing with her two shih tzu dogs, making glass beads, or out hocking her wares at various bead shows across the country. For more information and updates on newest releases visit her blog at www.deannachase.com.

Jade Calhoun (9 books)
  • Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1)
  • Witches of Bourbon Street  (Jade Calhoun ,#2)
  • Demons of Bourbon Street  (Jade Calhoun ,#3)
  • Shadows of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #5)
  • Incubus of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #6)
  • Bewitched on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun #7)
  • Hexed on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #8)
  • Dragons of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun #9)
“Everyone in this room knows I’m going to say yes, but I’m not willing to let the realm have complete control over us. If we were to become slaves to you, our lives would hardly be worth living anyway. So my offer to you is this: the pair of us will accept your condition of becoming shadowwalkers, but we want to be compensated as a low-level angel would. We also want all the benefits and rights that they have under your laws. There will be no exceptions because we are humans.” Whoa,” 0 likes