Start by marking “Gathering Storm: The Order of the Anakim” as Want to Read:
Gathering Storm: The Order of the Anakim

Gathering Storm: The Order of the Anakim

(Order of the Anakim #1)

Elysa Amalfi's world has darkened in the numbing aftermath of her mother's disappearance. To her, the vibrant avenues of her San Francisco home have fogged over in darkness. Hidden in those once familiar streets, Elysa comes face to face with the mysterious world of The Anakim, a group of angelic descendants, and their eternal enemies, the demon hordes. With each passing d ...more
ebook
Published May 17th 2014 by Cecily Magnon (first published May 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Gathering Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gathering Storm

Judi Easley
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal fantasy & romance well mixed
Recommended to Judi by: ...
My Disclaimer:
I purchased a copy of this book at the current price. I am voluntarily providing an honest review in which all opinions are fully my own. I am not being compensated in any way.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

What it's about...
Sarah, Elysa's mother, has disappeared. Elysa is slowly learning the secrets Sarah kept to protect her. She connects with the Guardians and Jarron becomes her trainer. And more.

Elysa must figure out all the secrets about herself now as spirit guides are t
Elizabeth Ehlen
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elysa can’t shake off the notion that her mother isn’t really dead, even though she’s been gone for several years after disappearing while on vacation. In her quiet investigations, Elysa comes across a powerful supernatural order of the Anakims, only to find out that she may be one of them, and potentially one of the most powerful they have seen in a long time. Will she be able to step into the very world her mother may have died to protect her from?

The Gathering Storm is an urban paranormal fa
Krystyna
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angels, demons and the fight for humanity

Absolutely brilliant! A story about the fight against evil but done with flair and imagination. The heroine is powerful but unsure, the hero is full of bravery and feeling. The supporting characters are as varied as any group can be. An absolute must for all lovers of Fantasy or those who like epic sagas.
I got this copy free for a honest review.
Jacqueline Jackson
Great Story!

An intriguing look at angles and demons and the battle of good versus evil. This story is extremely well written. It kept me up most of the night. I just had to finish the book. I highly recommended buying this book!
Lorelei
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Nerd Alert Book Love blog***

Elysa Amalfi's life was shattered after the mysterious disappearance of her mother. Even her work can only keep her so distracted. And then one night out with friends, Ellie's whole world gets changed upside down.

"...Darkness was gaining strength. The world was troubled, and more and more people were falling into hopelessness and fear. Human souls were ripe for the taking...souls des
Nerd Alert
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Darren Worrow
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what can I say? I think I covered how impressed and inspired I was with Cecily Magnon’s writing style when I reviewed the run-up to this; Prelude to a Storm. The only real difference here is that it did not surprise me; I had hyped this book up in my mind and was keen to fall into its dreamy, fantasy world of angels, demons and a host of all things magical.

With a fuller book I was hoping for more of what I read but obviously in greater depth and narrative; yet again it delivered this in abu
Tnt Reviews
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was a little confused when I started this book. It took me a few chapters to figure out what was going on with the story. It seemed to jump around just a little too much for me in the beginning. Once we actually got into the heart of the story, I couldn’t put it down. I had to keep reading to find out what all the secrets Cecily teases us with are. Unfortunately, I didn’t learn all those secrets in this book. I’m hoping to find ou
Fiona Sheldon
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
was kindly gifted this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the book once I got into it. It is slow to start but soon picks up pace. In this story, you meet Ellie, who after a loss of someone close to her, she throws herself into her studies and then her job. After being in the wrong place and the wrong time, her life is never going to be the same again. During her time trying to find her role in life, Ellie meets Jarron and chemistry just sizzles between them.
Looking f
Dec 20, 2018
Lois
May 02, 2018
Shannon83
I have to say that I usually love supernatural/fantasy fiction, so for my newest read I picked Gathering storm: Urban Fantasy (The Order of the Anaheim Book 1) by Cecile Magnon. In this novel Elisa Amalfi is trying to get on with her life after the death of her mother. You see her mother was a experienced mariner but was presumed dead when she never arrived to Hawaii by boat for her daughter graduation. For Elisa with no family to really speak of she decided to head to Greece for a job and surpr ...more
J.S. Menefee
Jun 02, 2017
Kristi
added it
Jun 03, 2017

Order of the Anakim (3 books)
  • Dark Skies (The Order of the Anakim)
  • Tempest Dawn: Urban Fantasy (Order of the Anakim Book 3)