Start by marking “Four: A Divergent Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)” as Want to Read:
Four: A Divergent Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)

Four: A Divergent Collection

(Divergent 0.1-0.4)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  136,793 ratings  ·  9,995 reviews
Fans of the Divergent series by No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth will be thrilled by Four: A Divergent Collection, a companion volume that includes four pre-Divergent stories told from Tobias Eaton’s point of view.

DIVERGENT – a major motion picture in 2014.
Readers first encountered Tobias Eaton as Four in Divergent. His voice is an integral part of All
Published August 27th 2015 by Harper Collins Children’s Books (first published July 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Four, please sign up.
hayden The state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me…moreThe state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me personally, the stories felt a bit unnecessary because of how similar they were to Tris's initiation and such, but if you're a hardcore fan of the series and you love Four, it's a fun read.(less)
BooksAmL no they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more…moreno they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more about his life.(less)

·  136,793 ratings  ·  9,995 reviews

Kelly (and the Book Boar)

Because no. Just no.

FOR GOD'S SAKE WHEN A SERIES IS DONE JUST LET IT BE F-ING DONE!!!!!!!

No more novellas. No more telling the story from a different character's perspective. No more "where are they now" (or "where were they before"). NO MORE!

EDIT: I'm a mom to a teen (as of today - waaaaaaaah). Whining on my review of how I'm a "big meanie" or how I "just don't get it" is something I hear on the regular, so save your breath. This is MY review and MY opinion - if you're a Roth superfan go post
Miranda Reads
Overwhelmingly underwhelming.

And that is as about as positive as I can get.

It felt more like the author was frantically filling in plot holes rather than writing something new.

The Transfer - Was this one reallllly necessary???

From the main books, we already know that Four picked Dauntless because he wanted to escape his abusive father.

And this short story....told exactly that. I suppose, it was just a really, really drawn out version... but still. Felt like a waste of page space.

The Ini
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
The fact that this is a thing makes me so happy. And yes, this is Theo James.

Raeleen Lemay
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, young-adult
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS.

It was really fun to get into Four's head 2 years before he even meets Tris, because you get to see a different side of him. You get to see the scared boy from Abnegation struggling to break free from his faction and abusive father, and you see him grow into the man he is by the time Divergent begins. There was plenty of foreshadowing to the other books in the trilogy as well, which I loved. It was also nice but somewhat sad to see some of the characters that maybe didn't m
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”I don’t care what she says – this isn’t a safe room. There are no safe rooms, no safe truths, no safe secrets to tell.”

I was always intrigued by Four and his history before he became a Dauntless, so when I found this little gem in the YA section of my library I actually let out a little squeal. Apparently it was loud enough to cause a few raised eyebrows and disapproving looks, but hey this girl here just couldn’t contain herself. XD In my defence: It’s rare to find a book you wanted to read fo
Ida
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I've missed the Divergent universe and all of its characters!

description

Four, Tris, Zeke, Shauna, Uriaha, Christina, Marlene and Lynn. If it's one thing Veronica Roth is the master of, it's creating realistic and likeable characters that you'll end up caring for. (view spoiler).

description

Four: A Divergent Collection includes four short stories, all told from Tobias POV, and three exclusive scenes from Divergent.

The short stories:

Four: The Transer ⭐⭐
Diana
Apr 02, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!

description

This is going to be my face until the book is released:

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this short book about Four (Tobias).

The book explores his early life with his father and the reasons he picked Dauntless as his faction. It tells of the different trials and tribulations he went through in the first couple of years.

Then is tells of his first meeting of Tris. I was glad they added that little tidbit in there. Especially after reading the last book in the trilogy. But nothing will ever be the same in this world. No matter how many time
Maureen
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed this! I am beginning to think I end up liking Novella collections more than the actual series they belong to
Roshni Ajmal
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die Hard Divergent fans
And i fell in love with Four all over again

Reading Four made me feel this weird feeling, That feeling you get when you watch your old photos or videos like. I was not prepared for this.

There is nothing new.... Its more like behind the scenes. We get know that what Four was up to all along. like. how he discovered about the attack on abnegation. It was good that it was not divergent all over again.

We get to see his friendships with Zeak, Shauna and others. and his Hateship with Eric too.

Four is o
karen
hahaha kelly's review for this cracks me up.

and i totally agree with the fact that sometimes when something is over, you just have to let it be over. make a clean break. but i am, in many ways, a completist. i have seen all the movies in the saw franchise, i keep getting wicked excited every time i see there is a new newsflesh short story available, just when i thought i would never get to revisit that world, and i will read any and all retellings of wuthering heights, no matter how dreadful.

so
Alexa
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas
I just love Four so much, seriously, my love for him is ENDLESS. I soaked this goodness right up and I couldn't help this surge of devastation and sadness as I closed the book one final time. It made me want to jump up and re-read Divergent immediately (Divergent only, reading the other two would be much too painful), and it made me realize how much I love Tris and Four's relationship as well. Aaaannd then of course there's Veronica Roth's beautiful writing.

Just, so much love.
___
mmmm that cover
m
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
“That's what I really want - to shed all the people who want to form and shape me, one by one, and learn instead to form and shape myself.”

4.5 out of 5

I had a great time with this collection of Divergent short stories. Reading about this universe from Four's POV was really fascinating. It was nice to get to see what he thought in those situations. Of course, I already knew a lot of what was going to happen so there were not too many surprises in this book. I just really loved reading scenes with
Heather
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-dystopian
It should come as no suprise that I rated this book as a 5. I have always dubbed Four as my fictional husband will always continue to do so.

I loved this entire book and devoured it within hours. I loved learning about Four's past and how he came to be Dauntless and even meeting Tris.

There's not much else to say really. I don't want to spoil the Divergent trilogy for anyone who hasn't read it. I will say you have to read it though! It's one of my favorite series, ever!!

All I gotta say is- MORE F
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
Wait. We can have ALL FOUR short stories in Tobia's POV. ALL IN ONE???!!! I think I'm going to die. No wait... Buy the book, read it, love it then die.
That ferris wheel.
7/11/14
Well. I bought the book. I'm gonna die soon.
Laz
I can't help sobbing right now because I just realized that I've read about everything Divergent as of now. I can always re-read the books and novellas but I'm not ever going to read about Tris or Tobias in new adventures. I've loved this characters for so long. I've cherished them for so long. They both hold a place in my heart. It's been a year since I read Allegiant and I'm still sad and stunned about it. With these novellas a chapter just closed, I think.

Tobias is one of the most incredible
Srikari
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first reaction to the book.....

While I was reading.....

After reading.....

Yup that sums it up.
Josu Grilli
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-julio
Me ha costado, de alguna manera, verme atrapado en la novela. Cuatro es una sucesión de relatos que no aportan apenas ningún dato relevante a la historia, y que no creo que se salven con el protagonista... El único motivo que tenía para leer esta novela era por él, Cuatro, pues me parecía un personaje muy interesante. Sin embargo, no creo que las historias le hagan justicia como personaje. Son historias muy simples, que sí que es verdad que arrojan ciertos datos a la historia, pero que no consig ...more
Natalie Monroe
"I look down at her. She has that side, too, she must have it. I saw the way she looked when she beat Molly, like she was going to keep going whether her opponent was unconscious or not. Maybe she and I are the same. "

You are, Four, just not in the way you think.

We all remember the disaster that is Allegiant. Tris and Four's voice are totally indistinguishable. Reading a novella entirely in his POV has made me all the more sure.

I don't think it's Roth being unable to write a believable male
C.G. Drews
This was just perfection. I couldn't be any more happy with this little skydive back into the Divergent world. I HAVE MISSED IT. I love Veronica Roth's books so, so much and Four was awesome.

I mean just look at him. Isn't he so approachable?!
Yes yes, of course.

There's a collection of four (duh) short stories and the whole book comes to around 200-pages. SO not enough, if you want my opinion. I'm almost disappointed at how short some where. But anyway, let's break this down, shall we?

Story #1:
Stepheny
Yes, I know.

I know what you’re thinking: 3 stars? Really, Stepheny? You? The psychotic Divergent fangirl that turns into a squealing 13 year old every time Four’s name is even mentioned? You’re only giving this 3 stars?

*sigh*

I had to show some extreme self-control in this rating. Part of me wants to give it 5 stars just because. The logical side of me that is trying to look at things objectively says otherwise.

Here are the facts: this book gives us little to no new information. The little bit
carolina ☾
" Maybe she and I are the same."

VERONICA YOU'VE JUST OPENED A WOUND.

This books wrecks every little part of me.
I had forgotten how much i loved Tobias Eaton.It's amazing to get to seeDivergent through Tobias' point of view.His fear landescape, his initiation as a Dauntless...
And the way he thought about Tris as "her" like there was no other.
"For some reason, my first thought is her, her wide eyes staring at me from the recesses of my memory."

"In that moment I’m able to accept the inevitability o
Mariah Roze
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It had been an long time since I read the Divergent series, so it is nice getting back into it :)

When reading the Initiate these were the thoughts that were going through my mind. "I really enjoyed this part of the book, Four by Veronica Roth. I do wish there was more development in the extra characters in the story. I wish I knew their histories and backgrounds more, but I understand that Four was an introvert and didn't interact with them much, so it makes since that he wouldn't know this info
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.5/5

I think I enjoyed this more than the Divergent trilogy!
Joost
Een mooie toevoeging aan de Divergent-serie! Mijn recensie kan je hier lezen: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Carmen de la Rosa
Mi amado Cuatro...
PORQUE VERONICA TE TUVO QUE HACER SUFRIR ASÍ?!!!! PORQUE?!!
NO LO MERECÍAS... NUNCA LO MERECISTE....

Estoy fascinada con este libro, debido a que Cuatro acá Tobias es mi personaje favorito de la saga, fue de mis primeros amores literarios, Cuatro es una compilación de 4 historias y 3 microhistorias desde la perspectiva de Cuatro, todas son especiales.

La primera es The Transfer (Divergent, #0.1)
Es un hecho que Cuatro es mi personaje favorito en la serie y leer un poco sobre su p
Denisse
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 The truth about this is that it is not worth it. I'm sorry. Truth sucks, I know. If you're a fan, go read it! You'll love it.

It's a good move, yhea. -People liked this Divergent thing, the movie made it good enough, lets do some Four-shit thing because we love money. Yes. - It is actually a good move. It doesn't change the fact that it is shit.

The only good thing: Four's friendship with Zeke and Shauna.

There it is that's all I got.

At the end of the day Roth can't go worst than Allegiant. S
Patrick Salazar
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really wish I didn't read this book in less than 24 hours. I can't believe the series is really over. So sad its over. Reading about Four's point of view in situations and his life brought so many feels and his first encounter with Tris... OMG THE FEELS. Amazing book.
- ̗̀meg ̖́-
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Uhm...wow. I forgot just how much I loved Veronica Roth's writing. This book had been on my tbr pile for months and I'm annoyed at myself for not picking it up sooner. I think that I enjoyed the earlier stories the best (although I do love Tris), the end story and scenes were just extracts of Divergent written from a different PoV. It was awesome to read about Four's character development - he seems like a completely different person in the first story. We, of course, alr
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Other Worlds
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Secret Histories (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4-6)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • Adaptácia
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #4
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Runaways #1
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 3 (Chrono Crusade, #3)
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Sound and Fury (Drake Chronicles, #5.5)
  • Darth Vader #9
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)
  • Inside Divergent: The Initiate's World
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew up outside o

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
“Dead people can be our heroes because they cant disappoint us later; they only improve over time, as we forget more and more about them.” 215 likes
“One thing I know: For helping me forget how awful the world is, I prefer her to alcohol.” 200 likes