Start by marking “A Star Called Lucky” as Want to Read:
A Star Called Lucky

A Star Called Lucky

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This novel returns the reader to the exotic world of the indomitable, spirited Lucky, whose global adventures in the international bestseller Lucky Everyday captivated audiences around the world.

Three years ago, Lucky Boyle found solace as an unconventional yoga instructor after a bizarre turn of events landed her in New York as a single mom. Lucky is back, feeling grounde
ebook
Published (first published July 15th 2014)

Bapsy Jain
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a yogi myself, I knew I would enjoy this book. I was sucked in from the very beginning. Lucky was a very easy character to relate to and this book was just such a refreshing read. It wasn’t just another yoga book; it was more interesting than that. The way the characters interlaced made it a tad more thought-provoking, which is exactly what I look for in books!
-Marissa Sivanandam

Readers expect excitement and intrigue in fiction and this novel will not disappoint. After debut Lucky Everyday- a
Adite
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
What if there were a magic mushroom that could work as a protective shield for human beings and ensure longevity? This forms the core premise of 'A Star Called Lucky'.

The story is slow to kick off and is initially a bit confusing with back stories of several characters lined up right at the beginning. But the characters are compelling and makes you want to read further.

I liked the characters of Lucky, a yoga teacher and single mom, whose penchant for doing random acts of kindness gets her into
Nancy Brady
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I received this novel from the author as a Shelf Awareness (Book Buzz) giveaway, but that in no way affects this review.

Lucky Boyce is a yoga instructor for inmates in the state prison system as well as works in a government office. In her capacity as a government "official" she is backed into a job with Clevis Coleman, who wishes her to find an elusive doctor, Lobsang Telok. This begins a tale of mystery and intrigue, which includes hacking, lies, politicians, and much more. Ca
Destiny Brown
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great Sequel - Yoga, Spirituality & Suspense

A Star Called Lucky is a great follow up by author Bapsy Jain.

Full of adventure, suspense, spirituality and a little Chicklit, this work does not disappoint.

The author's character and plot development are superb and you can tell she really puts her heart and soul into her stories.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Highly Recommended Read!!

Nimisha Vadivale
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this book are what caught my attention most. I would say that my favorite character is Clevis Coleman. He was such a strong character and those Sun Tzu quotes really complemented his character. Also, very much enjoyed it when Lucky would quote Sun Tzu. Definitely a book worth reading!
Ian Wood
Dec 31, 2014 rated it did not like it

Liz Vinc
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bapsy Jain's “A Star Called Lucky” is the thrilling sequel to the international bestseller “Lucky Everyday” that takes readers on a global trek with Lucky Boyle, the novel’s strong female protagonist. At the outset of the story, Lucky is a yoga instructor at the New York State Department of Corrections who is passionate about rehabilitating felons and saving taxpayer dollars, as she also has a background in accounting and entrepreneurship. As a single mom to son Sean, she is constantly busy, but ...more
(not your)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Three words: underdeveloped, disjointed and enlightened-lite (yeah, I made that last one up). From a strange encounter on a train to an anticlimactic confrontation at the U. S. Marine Corps War Memorial, this book jerks you around New York, Washington D.C. and Mumbai as protagonist Lucky jumps from assumption to inferences, nervous ambiguity to supposed enlightenment and man to monk. It took me weeks to read this very short, very lite book because I kept losing interest, giving another try, then ...more
Bapsy Jain
"Written in a concise, engaging style, A STAR CALLED LUCKY is the pulse-pounding sequel to Jain's LUCKY EVERYDAY.
Lucky is a strong, funny, and nuanced lead protagonist, and her reflections on the world and people around her are fascinating.
A STAR CALLED LUCKY is an unusually thoughtful and relatable work in a genre not known for intelligent, textured female protagonists."
-IndieReader
Laura Reading
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting novel that must be focused on to enjoy completely. It has engaging characters and a suspenseful plot. I think I would like to read the preceding novel before I read any others in thisseries.
It has a very intellectual plot with politics and science and literature skilfully woven through.

I did receive a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Lynne
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
A very silly story that didn't have a very focused plot. In the beginning there was an interesting reference to yoga but the rest of the story was all over the place. Cute but not literary excellence.
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It took me a few chapters to really get into it, but once I did, it was a pretty good read.
I really liked the lead character Lucky, and will watch for more books from this author.
Nice even flow, with no lagging. Characters were well written.
Nimisha Vadivale
Amazing read

this book was so well written and I just could NOT put it down! definitely would recommend it and already started to re-read it!
jghoormann
Oct 20, 2014
Rishabh Gupta
Dec 16, 2014
Kelly
I have not read the first book but it doesn't take long to discover that Lucky is not an ordinary character. Some might argue that life isn't about luck but rather the choices we make in life. This character seems to represent the manifestation of both, the decisions we make and the consequential and unexpected scenarios that might ensue.
This is an ARC