Start by marking “Live Strong: Inspirational Stories from Cancer Survivors-from Diagnosis to Treatment and Beyond” as Want to Read:

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Since the now ubiquitous LIVESTRONG� wristbands became available in May 2004, the Lance Armstrong Foundation has raised more than $50 million for cancer survivorship programs, and the signature phrase has become a battle cry for those who fight the disease every day.

Now, the Lance Armstrong Foundation has compiled, from hours of videotaped interviews, poignant and dramat
Published September 27th 2005 by Broadway

To ask other readers questions about Live Strong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Strong

Mapeszac96
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a Good book for anyone curious about cancer, but it really doesn't relate to sports enough. This book has some amazing stories of people that got cancer and the hills they had to climb to get over the rocky battle of having cancer. Its amazing how much perseverance that these people had to get over the cancer that they had.
Heather
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book on CD and found it incredibly inspiring. I would recommend this book for everyone, but especially anyone who has been touched by cancer. It's a horrible disease and the individuals who tell their stories in this book are so strong and so inspiring. The positive outlook and love of life these survivors share is amazing. Each story describes his/her unique battle with cancer, the diagnosis, the treatment, the recovery, and the impact on family, friends and life. I was amaze ...more
Aichi
May 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I started to embrace what I went through and who I am. I started wearing skirts and showing the big scar on my leg"
-- Cancer survivor

These stories were stories of strength, of overcoming pain and suffering, but most importantly, the embracing of life, of one's unique experience and future, and who oneself is.

Life is too short to be unhappy, and to worry about things out of one's control.

"I must fight for myself, for weekdays, for living life to the fullest - I am not ready to die."

-- Cancer Su
Lorissa Rodriguez
This book is from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, Lance Armstrong wrote the introduction. In this novel, every chapter is a different individual talking about their story. Their journey through having cancer. They are inspirational stories from the beginning of their diagnosis, to their treatment, and then beyond, such as their everyday life. Each person has there own unique story. However, they all have something in common. They survived, and they've become fighters. They continued to live eve ...more
Jaime
May 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
Wonderful book about courage and overcoming obstacles. If you or someone you know has cancer this is a great inspirational book to read. Very detailed and graphic at parts. Great insight to what a cancer patient goes through...very moving.
Liam Dillow
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We could all benefit from a better appreciation of what cancer survivors experience. Excellent book.
Annette
Aug 25, 2016
Connie
Feb 03, 2011
Jenny
rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2012