Start by marking “SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)” as Want to Read:
SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)

SEAL The Deal

(Special Ops: Homefront #1)

Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN: B00B2EGMWI

Take one desperate real estate agent… add a Navy SEAL who radiates sex through his pores… toss in a corpse, a pair of stilettos and a handful of friends, and watch the sparks fly…

Lieutenant Commander Mick Riley, a member of the fabled SEAL Team Six, can’t pull his eyes from Lacey Owens at the funeral of his mentor. Yet she is the
Published July 2014 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about SEAL The Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEAL The Deal

Janeiowa
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms Aster is a very pleasant surprise. Here's a woman who is a new author to me who writes well! That's almost unheard of with so many authors these days. In addition to an interesting plot and very likeable characters, she obviously edited and proofread her work. The plot flows beautifully and is realistic. I hope Ms Aster is working hard on her next novel. She'll be on my buy list. This is one that will be on my re-read at some time in the future list as well.
Amy
2 Just couldn't Seal the deal for me stars!

description

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Ms. Aster and of course these are just my personal opinions and by no means represent all readers experiences but as much as I wanted to love this book, unfortunately it just did not work for me.

I am a sucker for a down on their luck heroine but weak heroines really piss me off and it did not take too many pages for me to realise that Lacey was in fact a weak heroine and her "career" was a joke. I must admit when I r
Marielle
Oct 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: a-e-book
Skip this one, but do read the second book in this series.

This book suffers from what sometimes seems to be the first in a series syndrome: the author spends too much time introducing other characters that will star in next novels and thereby distracts the reader (me) from getting invested in the main h/h. I didn't finish this book, but I loved the next which has good focus, plot, drama, fun and dialogue.
RB Mueller
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: If you read this book because of the choice of cover or the keyword "SEAL", you might find yourself not in the kind of badass action story you expected.

Luckily for me, I read the blurb, and the story is pretty much what you can expect from that.
I liked the characters who make an entertaining ensemble and the author's narrative voice which made the story a good reading experience for me.
book_luv_r
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm at 50% and I'm so bored. The title would have me believe it's about a bad-ass navy seal or something. No, it's about a realtor and an ex-military dude. No drama whatsoever. Or chemistry. I got this one for free from my Kindle Unlimited. Not sure if I'm going to invest the time on the others in this series.
Audra Hart
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy read

I enjoyed this tale. A sweet contemporary romance set in fascinating community. I loved watching this friendship develop between the three girls and the "sailors". The sweet and sexy romance that grew between the dedicated SEAL and professionally frustrated real estate agent delightful. I look forward to reading more about this group of friends.
BeeKay
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow for my taste

I liked the characters but for me the story was just slow. It just needed a little extra, I felt like the book was 85% character development and 15% story.
Cleo
It was (view spoiler) such a sweet read, encouraging in a way, even for a cynic. Sappy, but cute and with enough thought put into it, that you feel like you kinda know the characters. I was a tiny bit sad when it was done.
Meka L. Rascoe
I'll give this story 3.5 stars for having a pretty good storyline. I loved all the characters, especially Mrs. B, Maeve, Bess, and Jack. There were a few elements of suspense & danger thrown in that was quite interesting.

Mick is a sexy, alpha hero, but also down-to-earth, funny, and is realistically good natured. That doesn't mean he's without his own flaws.

I liked Lacey, but a lot of her hang-ups were really of her own creation. At her age, I think that Lacey put too much stock into what ot
Whispers From
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Lacey is just starting as a real estate agent and she starts crashing funerals to find business. But she’s not very good at it, sometimes she even talks them out of selling. Like she did her friend Maeve. Now she rents a room from her along with another young girl.
Mick is a Navy SEAL and has been sent to Annapolis to teach. He has returned just in time for his mentors funeral. That’s where he meets Lacey. Mick swears he’ll never settle down because he plans to go back on missions wi
Kim
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this free e-book from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing a review. Lacey is new to Annapolis, Maryland and trying to get her struggling realtor career off the ground. She has taken a sabbatical from men and relationships until her career can be viewed as a success. Mick is a Navy Seal officer trying to get his career back on track after telling his commanding officer what he thought of him after leaving him and his team while taking enemy fire. Now his wrists are being slapped and in ...more
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a cute book. Lacey Owens is a struggling real estate agent. She meets potential clients at funerals. I was turned off by this at first but it turns out that she ends up helping most of her clients instead of taking advantage of them. Mick Riley is a SEAL who pissed off his commanding officer and got assigned to teach classes at the Naval Academy. He meets Lacey at the funeral for his mentor. There are a whole lot of secondary characters introduced--probably to set up the next books in th ...more
Andrea Mccormick
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot men in uniforms...

Sign me up.... Nothing like a military romance. Great storyline. Mick has two year to teach and recover from his wounds before he can be put back in his order for active duty, during those two years her meets struggling real estate agent Lacey and they decide to try to be "just friends" but that back fires when Lacey's sister gets engaged and Lacey wants more from Mick.
Tracey Landa
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First in the series and free!

Read the series! Read it now! Kate Aster is a new author for me and I am loving her stories. I enjoy her characters and how she develops them. I think the mark of a good contemporary romance is when you want to be friends with the characters, and I want that. The Annapolis setting it beautiful too.
Meryl
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Mick has been relegated to teaching after his last SEAL mission led to him badmouthing his Commanding Officer. Lacey is a Realtor who visits funerals to try and garner work. Both of them believe that work comes first until they realise that life is too short to miss out on love.
Carole
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cliched plot in places, squicks in her character and some of his comments. Found in places author misunderstands or misuses some words. Final Rating: 2 Stars Not sure I am keeping.
However, after having read Book 2 in series which I liked and Book 3 in the series which I loved, I will retain in my Ebook Library. Writing and flow greatly improved by Book 3.
Susan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reading

A story that takes you through many exciting adventures and lives aside from the main characters. Written with the understanding of life in the military as well as one beginning a career in a difficult field. Reading another Kate Aster book right now.
Vevo
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5- 2.8 stars
Nice but not what I expected.
I expected a tough heroine,(she is too weak),a hot Seal(only mild hot!),good chemistry(they are better as friends than as lovers) and banter.
I prefer Maeve and Jack 's dynamics and Bess 's strength.
Lorraine Anton
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Lacey is starting her career, she does it in a weird way.
Mick comes into her life, he works at Naval Academy. He is a Seal.
They come to have mutual feelings.
The other characters are just as important to the story.
There is suspense, romance
Lindsey Muhlman
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!!

I loved this book and I adore this author! Couldn't put it down and read the entire thing in a day! Such amazing characters and good laughs with the right amount of steam! Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Janice
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mick and Lacey meet at a funeral where, as a real estate agent, she is hoping to get a listing from the widow. Instant attraction. I really enjoyed the story and want to know about Lacey's housemates.
Minga Dotson
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action, adventure, some mystery, and a happily ever after romance.

Good author, well written book. I look forward to purchasing more of her work. Love the military angle to the story, makes it better.
sheila
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice

The first thing I read from Kate Aster was seal my grout. I've read two more since then. I've enjoyed this one. But Seal My Grout is still my favorite. Look forward to reading more from her.
Donna
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t think I read this author before, but I will be continuing. Being from MD, I loved that it was set in Annapolis. I liked Mick and his sexy attitude. Lacey was so caring. I enjoyed their journey and like that there wasn’t too much angst. The narrator did a good job too.
Kathleen Short-Ridge
Sweet romance with heat

This is a story that sucks you in with characters that crack you up who!e you cheer them on. Great start to a series that you will want to keep...
Mary Stockwell
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book was enthralling. It held my attention from beginning to end. Strong endearing characters and a good plot make this a great book.
Mary Ashley
I gave this book 3 stars because it was just an ok read for me.
Joyce
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love?!
This book has everything I love in a romance! Hot Navy SEALs, beautifully strong women, and a side helping of intrigue and mystery. Perfection!
K.M. Lowe
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good!

This was the first book I've read by this author and I look forward to book two. I loved the story, the characters, the settings...I just enjoyed it. Lol
Victoria
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Goodreads Librari...: Help, please. I have a new book cover I need uploaded 6 29 Jul 09, 2014 04:37PM

• Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1)
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)
  • Scrimmage Gone South (Gone South, #2)
  • Stuffed: A Thanksgiving Romance
  • Vanishing Dreams (Devils Bend, #2)
  • Devil's Kiss: Widowmakers MC (Vegas Titans, #4)
  • Getting Dirty (Sapphire Falls, #3)
  • Ordinary (Anything But, #1)
  • Turn on a Dime (Kathleen Turner, #1.5)
  • Almost like Love (Love, #1)
  • Magnate (The Knickerbocker Club, #1)
  • Broken Wings
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Fuck Valentine's Day
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
When Kate Aster was in fifth grade, she wrote her debut novel on a spiral-bound notebook–a science fiction which ended with the tragic destruction of all humanity.

Fortunately, she’s gotten a lot more upbeat.

Now preferring romantic settings and blissfully happy endings, Kate just released her eighth book available on Amazon.

Kate is an avid snorkeler, “beach read” fanatic, and margarita connoisseur.

Special Ops: Homefront (4 books)
  • The SEAL's Best Man (Special Ops: Homefront, 2)
  • Contract with a SEAL (Special Ops: Homefront #3)
  • Make Mine A Ranger (Special Ops: Homefront, #4)