Start by marking “The Bloody North (The Fallen Crown #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bloody North (The Fallen Crown #1)

The Bloody North

(The Fallen Crown #1)

Left for dead, his wife and children slaughtered, Rowan Black vows revenge on the man responsible. But first he'll have to make it across the bloody north and that is easier said than done when there's a price on your head . . .

For fans of gritty, action-packed fantasy in the vein of George R. R. Martin and Joe Abercrombie.
Bestselling independent author Tony Healey pres
Published June 29th 2014 by Literary Grindhouse

Start your review of The Bloody North (The Fallen Crown #1)
Jason Bradley
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, ebook, fantasy
Very good! I'm eager to continue. ...more
J.R.
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Right out of the gate you know exactly what sort of book this is going to be. There's a worn-out looking Russell Crowe impersonator who looks like he's been through hell and back, there's the obligatory dark hood and sword combo and we've got 'blood' right there in the title.

I rolled my eyes through the first few chapters of butchery and chaos, thinking I knew exactly where this was heading and accepting it with a pinch of salt as the gore kept coming.

Then the book surprised me, because about a
Christopher Daly
Feb 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: utter-runbbish
The story has a solid dark-fantasy beginning that later transitions in to a fairly well put together classic medieval fantasy set up, the characters are well put together and the dialogue feels natural.

spoilers ahead

The reason for the low score can be summed up in the fact that the Author puts completing his vision for the story above continuing to portray his characters accurately. Rowan Black is determined to have his vengeance throughout the novel, his character develops but the goal remains
MJ Codename: ♕Duchess♕
Not bad, will read the second one. The climax was weak as fuck though and really disappointing and the book was way too short. It needed to be majorly fleshed out out with more character and world development. Hopefully that will happen in the second book, but it doesn't seem to with many Indy publishers. ...more
Ian Hall
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will do a review when I have the time. I have done this for all the books I have read lately, I will get around to it.
Jane
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You'll be hooked if you finish

If you can get through the first few chapters, you'll discover a great story unfolding. It's got some strong characters just emerging and I can't wait for the rest of the story. Stay to read the author's comments at the end. If you're a sci-fi/fantasy fan, you'll probably have read some of the books that helped inspire his love for the genre.
Christopher Taylor
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed this book. The story was well written and the main character moved the story along. It was a quick read which I enjoyed and that alone gave me good feeling as I didn't have to get bogged down in places, names, and other trivial issues. I would give it a 4.5 stars. I look forward to reading more about Mr. Black. He may be around for a while. And that is a good thing... ...more
Paolo Santini
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This novel does not quite know what it wants to be. It started grimdark then it introduced staple character of classic fantasy, then became a story of redemption. I can't say I enjoyed the ending as much as the beginning. ...more
Stanley
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very nice

This is one of those books that grab your attention and keep you turning pages to the end. I enjoyed the story and didn't want to stop reading.
Rae Allen
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This turned out to be a much better book than I initially expected. The story line is strong and the action sequences are well written #review
Stacey
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review

Fast paced and hard to put down. I read it in one sitting. Hopefully soon I will be able to afford the next book in the series.
Ell Brandon
Dean
Sep 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal and Grindcore
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits (Zoey Ashe, #1)
  • This Book Is Full of Spiders (John Dies at the End, #2)
  • The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones
  • Electric Don Quixote: The Definitive Story of Frank Zappa
  • Black Tooth Grin: The High Life, Good Times, and Tragic End of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott
  • Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look
  • Fae: The Wild Hunt (Riven Wyrde Saga #1)
  • Road Brothers (The Broken Empire, #[14 short stories])
  • Steel, Blood & Fire (Immortal Treachery, #1)
  • Live Undead (The Undead Chronicles, #1)
  • Zephyr: Phase One
  • Sailing to Sarantium (The Sarantine Mosaic, #1)
  • The Bone Doll's Twin (The Tamír Triad, #1)
  • Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)
  • In the Shadows of the Mosquito Constellation
  • Lord of Emperors (The Sarantine Mosaic, #2)
Tony Healey is the author of the bestselling Harper & Lane Series, consisting of Hope’s Peak, Storm’s Edge, published by Thomas and Mercer, and Blue Ruin, published independently. He is also the author of westerns in the Ralph Compton Western Series, including The Devil’s Snare, Blood On The Prairie, Die Trying and The Guns of Wrath. He self-published the crime novel Not For Us.
His work has been p