Start by marking “The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3)

The Fate of the Tearling

(The Queen of the Tearling #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  23,904 Ratings  ·  3,721 Reviews
In less than a year, Kelsea Glynn has grown from an awkward teenager into a powerful monarch and a visionary leader.

And as she has come into her own as the Queen of the Tearling, she has transformed her realm. But in her quest to end corruption and restore justice, she has made many enemies - chief among them the evil and feared Red Queen, who ordered the armies of Mortmes
Published November 29th 2016 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about The Fate of the Tearling, please sign up.
Alicia Terrill (ReadCover2Cover) It's been delayed until 11/29/16. :(

Erika Johansen wrote the note below:

Dear Tearling fans,

I wanted to apologize personally for the delay in…more
It's been delayed until 11/29/16. :(

Erika Johansen wrote the note below:

Dear Tearling fans,

I wanted to apologize personally for the delay in publication of Book 3, The Fate of the Tearling. This delay is entirely my fault, not my publisher's or editor's. The publication schedule for the book simply proved too tight for my own creativity to match, and I felt that the original draft I turned in to meet my deadline wasn’t up to par. I am very proud of this series, and I don’t want to disappoint either myself or readers who care about this world by concluding with a weak book.

My publisher has been extremely understanding and accommodating of my request for more time, and I do believe the draft on which I am now working will meet the standard I tried to set with the first two novels. I ask for your patience as I work toward the new publication date, 11/29/16.

Thank you for your wonderful support for these books, as well as for your continued positive feedback, which has helped me every time my morale has flagged. I apologize again for the wait, but I hope the final installment will be worth it.

Best,

Cait • A Page with a View
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Release date: November 29, 2016
- NO MAJOR SPOILERS -

Oh wow. I'd totally give the first 85% of this book 5 stars! ALL the stars. It was so incredibly good. But then the last chapter made me want to chuck this series out a window and give it 2 stars. So I'm going with 4.5 stars overall.

This was by far the best book in this trilogy!!! I started this last night thinking I would just check out the first chapter... and then I was finished by 2 a.m.

There wasn't a single part of the story or any charact
Anne
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alright, I'd put off reading this for a long time, because I kept reading review after review about some sort of a wonky ending. I loved both of the other books, and I just couldn't seem to bring myself to ruin it if Johansen decided to pull a Divergent on me, you know?
Ok, so this was the second time I'd checked the book out from the library, and I almost let it go back again...but at the 11th hour I decided to grab my nuts just go for it.

description

WHOA! I'm so glad I did! Talk about an interesting ride.
manda
14 Dec. '16
blog | goodreads
This book propped up the series for me. What I would otherwise consider an okay, but could've been better two-star debut trilogy is now a solid three stars.

The questions I addressed in my review of the previous two books, particularly concerning the powerful necklace: where it came from, what exactly were its powers, and why it only worked for Kelsea, where thankfully answered by the end of this book. The answers, although fairly exciting and contributive to the worl
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
For me, I didn't like the ending at all!

I don't even know what to say! I mean, I loved the first two books and there were parts of this book I REALLY loved. Like what went on with the Red Queen, but there wasn't much of Pen or Fetch in it. We do go back in time when Kelsea has her visions and see how it all started. That part was kind of cool.

I'm just not happy with the ending, that's all I got. I'm just not happy but I guess we can't win them all. I am glad there are many out there that loved
Ben Alderson
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Melanie
1.) The Queen of the Tearling ★★★
2.) The Invasion of the Tearling ★★★

“This, I think, is the crux of evil in this world, Majesty: those who feel entitled to anything they want, anything they can grab.”

I honestly feel like I don't know how I feel about this series. There is so much good in this series, and such a strong sense of feminism, which brings up a lot of important and not commonly discussed topics: the need for birth control and women to be able to protect themselves, rape culture, ch
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Maybe it's a 3.5 but I can't decide

I'm so so so deeply sad right now. This has been one of my all-time favorite series and I think the first two books are masterpieces, but this one just stumbled and fell on the ending. It could have ended any other way and I think I would have been happy, but this ending is one of my ultimate pet peeves in terms of fictional worlds. It frustrates me like nothing else does and I can't get over it.

The rest of this book stands up with the series. There are still
Jenna Major
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: FANTASY LOVERS
I put a lot of pressure on the conclusions of series. Most readers do. Annnnnnnnd Erika Johansen did not disappoint and wove a beautiful 3rd book and ending to this series.

The Fate of the Tearling deserves 5/5 stars
The ending was a bit of a ?????? moment. I honestly did not expect that ending. There were things I wanted from the conclusion of this book that I did not get. Yet I must remind myself that the book itself was astonishing. It brought the best elements of the previous 2 books. The end
Joni Graybill
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Actually me upon finishing this book:

All those writings and quotes from the first book that foreshadowed the greatness of the Glynn Queen - the woman who saved and revitalized the world? That was bullshit?

What even was the point of this series? I've been furiously angry about the ending of books plenty of times before, but at least they were endings to the same story I started reading. This isn't even that. This is Johansen either not knowing or not caring about figuring out how to get her stor
Bradley
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maybe it's just me or maybe the author has just gotten better and better with each installment. I had some slight issues with each one but as they came along, all my questions and concerns got resolved. Was I slightly annoyed at just how strong the young queen became, so quickly?

Maybe. But practically everything else that happened in the tale supported the conceit and all the other characters drew me in, and in the second book all those concerns went away as I was drawn into the visions of the
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
2 stars.

Just know that I gave 5 stars to the other books of this trilogy, so:

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ERIKA JOHANSEN??????

If you follow me usually you must know by now that I always try to be constructive in my reviews. Even when I did not like a book. Fortunately it does not happen often. Either I’m pretty easy to please either I choose my reads wisely, take your pick.

But right now, I’m so fuming mad it will be really difficult to tame my anger and try to write something that co
hayden
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
well, that was not what i expected.
but i loved it nonetheless.
more to come later, maybe?

DEAR WORLD:

I NEED THIS.

WHY DON'T I HAVE IT YET.

THE WORLD IS UNFAIR.

ALLLLLL THE GRABBYHANDS.

*ALL OF THEM.*
Heidi The Hippie Reader
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Fate of the Tearling ties up the series nicely. All questions of the founding of Tearling, the shadow and Mort are answered.

And we also learn all of the secrets of the Fetch. Finally! "For three long centuries... William Tear's dream sunk further and further into the mire. No one in the Tearling could even see Tear's better world any longer, let alone muster the courage to dig for it." pg 6, ebook.

The path isn't easy. Kelsea questions herself every step of the way. "Maybe we aren't capable o
Anja
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
*3.5 STUPEFYING STARS*

"Hatred is easy, and lazy to boot. It’s love that demands effort, love that exacts a price from each of us."

FUCK NO. I refuse to believe this!
THAT was the big revelation after 2 entire books and 400 pages of building up my anticipation?? No. Just no. I will never forgive you for this, Erika Johansen!

That entire last chapter was such a big letdown, I'm left speechless. That chapter just never should've happened, honestly. I was so prepared to give this book 5 stars afte
Elizabeth
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Original Review on BitchyFantasy: https://bitchyfantasy.wordpress.com/2...

*Spoilers for the whole trilogy*

*Seriously, spoilers*

This has been the weekend of great cultural experiences. I finished The Fate of the Tearling, and I saw La La Land. I've been through an emotional roller coaster with both, so I don't know if my review will make much sense. Honestly, my reviews never make sense, but I like to imagine they are endearing. Both book and film took me to another plane of human existence, and
Alyssa

Publication Date: November 29, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Tearling trilogy.

In less than a year, Kelsea Glynn has transformed from a gawky teenager into a powerful monarch. As she has come into her own as the Queen of the Tear
Nasom
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy
I'm honestly glad to finish this book. I almost DNF a lot of times because of how slow it was.

What I didn’t like
- This book was very anti-climatic: First of all in terms of Kelsea’s father. This series made it seem like that was a major point-plot but the reveal was so underwhelming. Same with the fetch. He was made to be this hot, mysterious dangerous guy but this book did a 180 on his character. His backstory was also so underwhelming.

- One thing that motivated me to read this book was to g
emi
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, 2-stars, fantasy
1.5/5 Stars

The first 92% of this book was amazing. There were parts I was unsure about, but over all it was a 3, perhaps even 4 star book. Then that last chapter happened and I have NEVER been more disappointed in my entire life. That was not an ending, that was just the easy way out. I have never hated an ending more than I hate this one, and I now feel like giving it two stars is being generous. Urgh. I wish I didn't waste my time with that ending. Maybe I'll post a more detailed review later.
Simona Bartolotta
“Lady, if you don’t wake up, I’m going to have you baptized.”

In spite of the love I bear to the first two installments in this series, I almost didn’t read this book. Right after finishing the second one, I (voluntarily) got myself a spoiler of the ending and didn’t like it at all; and so, a story I used to love acquired kind of a sour taste. But as the bitterness went away, my adoration for this world remained ultimately untouched, and now here I am.
I am so glad I didn’t give up.

•I will alwa
Lily Ewing
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book doesn't even have a title yet but I know it will outshine the two before it... It will be amazing !!!
Shannon (leaninglights)
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Would you expect any less? Wow.
Sean Smart
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the series but the ending seemed like an anti climax after such a big build up
Ashley Marsh
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2017
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The series is worth reading & my heart aches at the ending, but I am content now but i wasn't sure initially about how the story line wrapped up. The writing is clear even if the plot isn't always straightforward but all in all i loved it.
Suzanne
It wasn't bad but had a different feel to it than book one and two. I really loved book one. It was so awesome. Book two was good also and added new characters that were great to read about but this one added more new characters (which was not an issue) and just took a different turn than most would expect. The ending was alright but not as great as I expected after falling in love with book one.

Overall, it was an intriguing trilogy with some incredible world building and fascinating characters
Tegan
This one GIF sums up everything I'm feeling about this novel...

10/28/15: There's a title! AND a synopsis!!!
Gabry
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stelline e non 5 solo perché il secondo libro di questa trilogia resta il mio preferito.

Ho amato molto questo ultimo capitolo, e penso che sia una degna conclusione! Kelsea resta la mia preferita, insieme a Lazarus! Ho apprezzato molto anche Lily e Katie ed ho adorato leggere del passato dei Tear! Ci sono alcune incongruenze (di tempistiche più che altro) e colpi di scena che mi hanno fatta arrabbiare, ma non ne ho dato molto conto visto il finale.

Mi mancheranno, ma sono contenta di come sia
Cesar
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult

WARNING: This review will contain spoilers. If you have not read The Fate of the Tearling, do not read this review. You have been warned.

Deus Ex Machina.
de·us ex ma·chi·na
dāəs ˌeks ˈmäkənə,ˌdāəs ˌeks ˈmäakənə/
*an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.
* The Fate of the Tearling.

description

When you start a series, you are first introduced to the world and the main problem our protagonist is facing. By the end of th
Misstdennis
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: 8 February 2018
It's been 5 fucking day's and i'm still thinking about this book!!
My god, someone save me.

4/5 stars

Can you hear that? It’s the sound of my heart being ripped from my chest...

If you want to feel pain so great you feel like you’re going to crumble into tiny fragments, just read this series.

”The butterfly effect deals in the tendency of infinitesimal variations to amplify over time. ""You never play around with history, because the change you thought you were making for the b
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • The Song Rising (The Bone Season, #3)
  • Den of Wolves (Blackthorn & Grim, #3)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3; Study, #6)
  • Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • Feedback (Newsflesh, #4)
  • Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)
  • The Lily and the Cross (The Ring and the Crown, #2)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)

The Queen of the Tearling (3 books)
  • The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
  • The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
“These people are so damned proud of their hatred! Hatred is easy, and lazy to boot. It’s love that demands effort, love that exacts a price from each of us. Love costs; this is its value.” 47 likes
“Christ, let's go."