Start by marking “Remembering Kaylee Cooper” as Want to Read:
Remembering Kaylee Cooper

Read Book* *Different edition

Remembering Kaylee Cooper

Kaylee Cooper is certain that Alex will become friends with a ghost this year. Alex thinks that he is far too old to be listening to a first grader and encourages Kaylee to stop jeopardizing his important sixth grade social life. Kaylee doesn’t listen and finds awkward ways to spend as much time with Alex as possible, even if it means following him into the boy’s washroom. ...more
ebook
Published September 30th 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published September 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Remembering Kaylee Cooper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembering Kaylee Cooper

Digital Book Freak
This was actually a sweet story with a horror twist!

Great story line & characters! But ended too soon! I wanted more!

I would highly recommend this ♥
Julie
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, paranormal, ya
Remembering Kaylee Cooper by Christopher Francis is a 2014 Curiosity Quills publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

First of all any time I review a YA novel I have to provide this disclaimer: I normally do not review in this category because I am out of touch with the targeted audience. I can't tell you the exact age group this book will belong in but I can give you a critical thinking assessment of the book.

The set up:

Alex is at that awkward stage where
Lady
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learning To Believe The Truth

This book was awesome! I couldn't believe how easy it was to read even while dealing with incredibly complicated and at times disturbing subject matter. It is a mesmerizing tale of growing up and life after death as well as dealing with the myriad other things normal children deal with every day. I will definitely want to share this with my children when they get older!

Kaylee is in 1st grade and she has decided that Alex (a sixth grader) is her new best friend. She f
Rebecca
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read to review REMEMBERING KAYLEE COOPER as a part of the blog tour and I was instantly adoring of it. The author is skillful in his depiction of the students in this book, with Kaylee Cooper being the most special. I even experienced some chills!

Kaylee Cooper seems to be a typical 1st grader with a crush on an older boy. She believes she can predict the future and she always follows up with, "Do you want to know how I know?", reminding me strongly of just about ev
Nicole Hamel
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Remembering Kaylee Cooper is yet another example of how engaging and talented Chris Francis is as an author.
The richly woven text shares Alex's experience as he tries to fit into middle school and all that entails, but must also deal with Kaylee Cooper -a first grade student, who insists on pestering and following Alex around and making outrageous claims about who he will befriend this year! Anyone who has read a Chris Francis novel before, will love revisiting familiar characters and the conti
Helen
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an intriguing plot! This story played out like a movie with detailed description and superb character development that leaves you feeling as if you know what the characters are secretly thinking. I was captivated by the twists in the story that kept me turning pages...couldn't put it down! Christopher Francis is a talented author who envelops you in the story as if you were taking part yet still manages to keep you on the edge of your seat with unforseen details and turns in the plot.
Highly
Trish Sousa
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris Francis is an excellent writer! I was so engaged with the story I read it in a couple of hours!!
A fantastic teen read that is relevant to how a teen struggles with life as well spooky and thrilling.
Toni Wittus
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written and easy to read. This book touches on some serious subjects but leaves you wanting more. I didn’t want it to end. I will be looking forward to more books by this author.
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a digital copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley.

Ten Second Synopsis:
For some reason he just can't fathom, Adam is being constantly shadowed by first-grade girl, Kaylee Cooper. But is there more to Kaylee than meets the eye?

This is a quick, middle grade ghost story that is pitched at the perfect level for a young audience. There is just enough creepiness to satisfy those who enjoy a scare and just enough mystery for those who like a puzzle. Alex is a likeable protagonist
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. The plotline was really interesting and engaging enough that it kept me reading throughout, even though I’m normally too tired to do much of anything after a night shift.

It was nice to read a book that didn’t have demons in it. I really liked the paranormal aspects of this book and I also really liked the characters. It was also nice to see a well-rou
Anna Cole
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ebook from the publisher in exchange for review consideration. It does not change how I review a book and the review below is still my honest opinion.

Quick Facts
• Middle Grades Book but easily enjoyed by older readers
• Ghost Story- Perfect October read
• Supernatural with reality based middle school drama
• Easy, fast paced read

I really liked this book and it was a great pick to read in October. I am definitely not the target audience but I love YA books. This books can be enjoyed by
Megan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book although it was written for younger readers. It has depth enough to keep an adult reader interested and wanting to figure out the whole mystery behind this charming little girl as well as the other things that occur in the book. There is plenty of material for the author to expand on the story in other books as you are left wondering so many things. What happened the night of the fire? Who pulled him from the river? Is the cat involved or not? Why could everyone see th ...more
Jerri Aubry
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remembering Kaylee Cooper is an intriguing story between reality and the unknown. The author does a wonderful job of narrating a story of a preteen boy and a girl caught between two worlds. I found this book to be very engaging and just the perfect length for young readers. Follow Alex on the adventure of a lifetime and find yourself in an engrossing story of coming to age and being caught between this world and beyond. Once I began reading this book, I couldn’t put it down, and thought how my o ...more
Cthulhu Down My Chimney 2Night
REVIEW: REMEMBERING KAYLEE COOPER by Christopher Francis

A subtly haunting story whose core theme sneaks up on the reader like a silent fog, REMEMBERING KAYLEE COOPER is much more than at first appears. Alex Thomas is a haunted sixth-grader, pestered and badgered by an aggravating six-year-old named Kaylee Cooper, and Amber, her invisible best friend. Alex just wants to stay cool, avoid the overgrown school bully, and befriend Daisy, stepsister of Alex's friend Henry. What he doesn't want is ent
Kasey Cocoa
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
I feel this book is quite well written and designed as well as well edited. It is an easy to follow story with all the right touches. I like how the story takes you along and how connected the reader gets with every aspect. Emotions are drawn out from a soft gasp to a sad tear to a laugh out loud moment. The characters are well fleshed out and the plot has a nice flow with all the strings following through. I received an ARC through Curiosity Quills Press in exchange for an honest review. This i ...more
Ann
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story for both children and adults. Kaylee Cooper is the center figure concerning a local legend and Alex and is starting to think ghosts really do exist. He is joined by the school bully and the coolest girl in the 6th grade to help a ghost make her way off the earthly plain back to her family. Great characters make this a fast read.
Jody
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2nd-kindle, sci-fi, ya
I read this book in one day because it was so good. The characters are real, the story has a wonderful pace and I really enjoyed the way the book started off. Young adults will really like this but don't be turned off by that classification, this is a book for all ages.
Kiranpreet Sidhu
Remembering Kaylee Copper is a intriguing book and really makes you think and wonder, I couldn't put it down from start to finish. The book is definitely worth the read.
Cassie Lynn
Another goodreads free-be & read it super fast cus it was pretty short and meant for middle school aged adolescents lol But I got it for free and once I start a book I like to finish it (unless it’s too painful & even then I try to push through it lol) Thought it was a cute story and a bit of mystery though I kind of figured it out at the beginning (see my kindle notes & highlights) and pretty good at depicting the adolescent mind-set. Overall a good read and entertaining & would ...more
Erik
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Young adult" is a bit of a stretch here. This book read very young IMO. Perhaps it's early pre-young-adult. Don't know. It had its moments, and it kept me entertained on a number of bus rides to work, but yeah, very young. Not a bad thing, just something to keep in mind. The story is actually pretty good. Not creepy, at least I didn't think so. It works as a light in-between-other-books read, I guess.

I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I honestly need
Trista
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book

It keeps you interested and guessing through the whole thing. Great story for middle school students, shows unlikely friendships and ghosts
Jodithewriter
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remembering Kylee Cooper is a wonderful story for the entire family. Chris Francis has a wonderful ability to capture the quirky personalities and awkwardness of his young characters as they stumble through developing into adulthood. His characters are well developed, posses character arches when needed, will make you laugh, and always get in your heart.

This is a great story and I recommend his other stories as well.
Claudine Yanting
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A consistently engaging pace, likeable characters in Alex and Kaylee and a strong narrative despite one or two predictable threads. The writing was so fluid I finished reading this in 2 days.
Kylee
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book was kinda weird and a little predictable I don't think I liked it that much just enough to want to know how it ends
Ranjeev Kirupairajah
Such a quick, lovely story. Would recommend
Sara
Dec 30, 2014
Ryan Freeport
Feb 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Great Middle Grad...: Remembering Kaylee Cooper - Middle Grade 1 6 Feb 12, 2015 03:40PM
  • Return of the Loving Dead
  • Awakening (Chronicles of Benjamin Dragon, #1)
  • Jake & The Gingerbread Wars (The Gryphon Chronicles, #3.5)
  • How to Date Dead Guys (Witch's Handbook Series 1)
  • The Evolved
  • Watchers of the Night
  • Tommy Black and the Staff of Light (Tommy Black #1)
  • The Curse Merchant (The Dark Choir #1)
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • The Misadventures of Hobart Hucklebuck: Magic & Mayhem
  • Curse of Stigmata (Judas Reflections #2)
  • Tattoo Rampage
  • The Hunter Awakens
  • I Kissed a Ghoul
  • The Case of the Claymore Diamond (The Math Inspectors #1)
  • One Ghost Per Serving
  • Adultery
  • REX'D: Welcome to Scholomance
Born in Brisbane, Australia, Christopher was accepted at age 19 into Sheridan College’s Animation program before earning a degree in Sociology from McMaster University.

He then enjoyed a two-year adventure overseas working with children, before completing his Bachelor of Education degree at York University. He is now teaching junior and intermediate level students in Burlington, Ontario.

Through Chr