Start by marking “Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)

Making Scandal

(The Essien Series #2)

Sassy, successful Faith Brown has earned her place in the boardroom through hard work and sheer ambition. Making family is not on her agenda when there are businesses to develop and competitors to outdo. So when a casual affair with smooth and irresistible tycoon Mark Essien leads to an unplanned pregnancy, she’s determined not to make the mistakes her mother made by livin ...more
Published August 28th 2014 by KT Press

To ask other readers questions about Making Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Scandal

Chinwe Okpaleke ubaezuonu
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A page turner and a fun read. A sizzler. Couldn't read it fast enough.
Bethany-Kris
Faith Brown is one hell of a woman in the boardroom. It's only one of the qualities about her that happens to catch Mark Essien's eye. It's too bad their financial firms happen to be competing businesses, because they'd make a heck of a team. When a passionate, private affair between the two leads to an unplanned pregnancy, Faith's stubbornness comes into play, and Mark's old scars rear their heads. Everybody knows scandal spreads like wildfire. Can these two learn communication goes beyond just ...more
Nana Prah
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Making Scandal has got to be one of the best books I’ve read by Kiru Taye. I say this with a lot of enthusiasm because I’ve read most of her other books and enjoyed them all.

I find this novel to be balanced with drama, heat, miscommunication, emotional stress and lots of stubbornness.

Faith is a wonderful heroine whom I could relate to. A fiercely independent woman who has plowed her way through the business world with her own skill and determination. Needing no man to take care of her or ‘tie h
Omolara
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Making Scandal is the second in the Essien trilogy. One thing I enjoy is how Kiru Taye allows the reader gain access into Mark Essien 's head, that is priceless. I admire Faith Brown so much, she is a strong woman who meets her match in Mark Essien. They are not perfect but in the end, they were able to find a common ground. That is true love.
I love Mark Essien <3... He is a man who convincingly goes after what he wants. The bond he shares with Felix is heart warming. Lovely love story.
Abimbola Odusote
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to reading this book and it did mot disappoint me.
I Loved it and have read it twice since then.
Faith got on my nerves a few times but give me a man like Mark anyday.
Expecting Tony's story soon and maybe Kola's story too...he is the adopted Essien
Zee Monodee
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary romance as it should be - light, easygoing, yet deep with emotion and meaning.

(disclaimer: I worked on this title as editor)
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Loved it!

Faith refuse to be the type of woman that's made for childbearing. Her father is sadly mistaken. So once Faith gets the opportunity to follow her dreams, she takes it. Wuma likes to claim men who she is not involve with as her man. Poor Mark! Thank goodness Mark shut that down. He wanted Faith and got her in the end. Wonderful story with good characters.
Debbie J
Sadly, I didn’t find Making Scandal half as engaging as its predecessor, Keeping Secrets. I saw little reason to invest in either of the two main characters because there’s almost nothing to them but seemingly endless lust. The plotline offers no real peril or challenge for the lovers other than swept away Faith’s risking her job since wealthy and elite Mark’s company is her employer’s major competitor.

Late in the story some higher stakes develop as Mark aims to buy the brokerage firm Faith work
Abby G. Amos
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Gr8 Read!

This was an excellent book that I know everyone will enjoy reading! I loved Mark and Faith's characters! They did belong together! I will definitely recommend this book to others!
Olubukonla
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gripping tale. Loved it though the foreword was distracting; bad use of grammar.
Romance Novels in Color
After reading Keeping Secrets, I couldn’t wait for the second installment, Making Scandal, in the “Essien Trilogy” series. Although the story is full of passion, I found myself torn between liking and disliking the heroine, Faith Brown.

Faith is fierce, headstrong, and independent which makes her a dangerous opponent in the corporate world; however, her personal life is rigid. Independence became priority when she realized the future her father expected: “a baby-making factory for a man who think
Empi Baryeh
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am always on the look out for African romance, especially ones that take place in countries I've visited before, so Kiru Taye's books are always on my TBR pile.

Making Scandal is Book 2 of the Essien Trilogy and tells us the story of brother number 2, Mark Essien. Although, the hero is a billionaire and definitely with a healthy dose of entitlement, he isn't quite an alpha. His personal conflict is realistic and very believable.

When he sees Faith it's attraction at first sight and he goes for w
Kiru Taye
Jul 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Read an excerpt from the upcoming book http://goo.gl/TlUlgk

Sign up to participate in the book tour and review the book http://goo.gl/BORvDW

UrbanHooks
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These two didn't know what hit them...

Mark is da man! I like how he got straight to the point on every occasion! Faith wasn't ready for that type of man. But once she experienced that Mark-ism, she didn't hold back! Mark on the other hand, wasn't prepared for that "Jones" Faith put on him! She wasn't an okey doke woman. Faith was fiercely independent and could hold her own. These two were made for each other. I really love the positively sophisticated glimpse of Africa Kiru Taye gives the reader
Hazel Robinson
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I enjoyed Mark and Faith story. Faith was married to her career,she did not have time for a husband and family. In walk Mark Essien,who wore down all those walls that she had built around her heart and showed her that when the right man comes along husband and family will come first.

Selina Durio
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this story. The Essien's are an interesting family and Ms. Taye uses their stories to show a glimpse of African traditional royalty. I liked the infusion of the culture of the continent. Riding Rebel should be a fun read.
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great 2nd book.

I very much enjoyed this book. Mark and Faith had so much passion between them. Loved it. Kiru Taye is becoming one of my favorite authors.
Diane West
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy Book 3)

I had fun reading the second book about the Essien and reading about Mark and Faith and their happy ever after love story.
Lakisha Johnson
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough

I'm so glad I was turned on to this author. Her stories draw you in and the African back drop ... love it!
Annette McGruder
Mar 24, 2016
Shirley Marshall
Mar 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Can't Stand the Heat (Gibbons Gold Digger Novel, #1)
  • Tempting the Artist (Jenkins Family Series, #3)
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Moments in Maplesville, #2)
  • Love And Other Things
  • Happiness In Jersey
  • Seasoned with Grace
  • Marine Ever After (Always a Marine, #14)
  • The Realest Ever
  • Sultry Pleasure
  • Hawthorne Family Series Volume II (Hawthorne Family, #3-4)
  • A Man Is Just A Man
  • Falling
  • Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • Double Dare (A Modern Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Baby Love
  • Breaking All the Rules (Second Chances Book 1)
  • A Special Kind of Love
  • First Comes Love (New Castle, #1)
As a lover of romance novels, Kiru wanted to read stories about Africans falling in love. When she couldn’t find those books, she decided to write the stories she wanted to read.

Kiru writes sensual stories featuring African characters whether on the continent or in the Diaspora. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She curre

The Essien Series (7 books)
  • Keeping Secrets (The Essien Trilogy, #1)
  • Riding Rebel (The Essien Trilogy, #3)
  • Kola (The Essien Trilogy Book 4)
  • Freddie Entangled (The Essien Trilogy, #6)
  • A Very Essien Christmas (The Essiens #5)
  • Freddie Untangled (The Essiens #7)