Start by marking “Cursed by Ice (Immortal Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cursed by Ice (Immortal Brothers, #2)

Cursed by Ice

(Immortal Brothers #2)

From New York Times bestselling author Jacquelyn Frank comes the smoothly sensual second book in an exciting new series featuring four immortal warrior brothers who must stake their hearts against their fate.

Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published March 31st 2015 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Cursed by Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cursed by Ice

*TANYA*
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very fun book of make-believe!!! The writing is amazing. I’m glad my BFF convinced me to start this series.
Claire Robinson
3 - ”A comfortable cage is still a cage.” Stars.

Cursed by Ice is the second book in Jacquelyn Frank’s Immortal Brothers series, I liked the characters a little more in this one, but I am still not blown away by it all, and I am not really sure why to be honest. The writing, pacing and plot are all pretty good, there is just something not quite hitting the spot for me in the overall scheme of things.

Things have moved on a bit since the first book, Dethan (book 1) has now found his place back in t
Beth
Garreth been cursed by the gods to freeze over and over again till the end of time. As a reprieve, a goddess offers him a boon; serve me by fighting for me in the war between the gods and I will only freeze you at night.

Sarielle was a slave in the city Garreth and his brother Dethan are trying to over throw for their goddess. Sarielle has a special bond with a wyren and is forced by the city rulers to use her wyren to protect the city.

When Garreth finally takes the city, Sarielle refuses to be
Marta Cox
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I adore this authors work but did feel slightly let down by the first book in this series Cursed by Fire but was sufficiently engaged that I wanted to read the follow up and I'm so glad I persevered. This book made a lot more sense to me and the world building has really settled down and of course this time we even get a Weyvern ( Dragon type creature) . Much more of a fantasy type setting than the paranormal books Ms Frank is known for but we still get magic and of course more than a dash of ro ...more
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Cursed by Fire is book two in Jacquelyn Frank's Cursed Brothers Series and it kept the passion and power going..

Four Brothers, the world's greatest warriors, convinced that they deserved more than mortality. Convinced that if they found the fountain of immortality they would become gods. Instead, they found the fountain and chose to drink from it, yes they found immortality but they were also cursed for eternity. Each brother sent to endure endless torment.
Dianne
As the youngest of the brothers who dared to defy the gods and seek out the secret to immortality, Garreth’s punishment was to feel eternally cold, to be frozen and thawed out repeatedly, until the end of time. A deal made by one of his brothers sets him partially free, providing he does the bidding of the gods until his penance is complete. Until then, every night he would experience the torture of being frozen again. On a mission to conquer over realms, he comes upon a beautiful woman, who has ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not familiar with this series, but as a standalone I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice and sexy with plenty of action, and a satisfying ending even if it did leave plenty open for the next book.

Very entertaining, and I can't wait for the next installment.

4/5 stars, full review to follow
Desi
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit simplistic, preachy and whiney by turns. No particularly endearing characters. I could have done without the Gods. I did absolutely love the dragon, he was a dear, made me miss Naomi Novik’s "His Majesty’s Dragon".

On the whole I guess I just got the impression that this could have been so much more. It had good bones, one could say, but was barely sketched out to meet it's potential.
Tammy
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying that this book was a lot better, to me, that Cursed by Fire.

I liked Garreth and he was definitely more likeable than Dethan was. Garreth's curse is to freeze to death over and over again, but never allowed to die because of his immortality. Garreth is brought back by the Goddess to be her full time warrior. Here he meets Sariella, a slave, much like himself.

Sariella has a rare gift and is currently being used by the lord to control, Koro, a mythical beast. Sarielle is
DemetraP
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Book 1 was better. In this book, the brother and the king's ex-mistress conspire to break up the hero and the heroine.

Then the heroine forgives this mistress and asks her to be the nanny for her kids. Ridiculous.
Jenny Jo Weir
I liked the fighting and the battles and conquering cities...I just wish there would have been a little more of this. I feel like the majority of the book focused more on their relationship which is fine, I simply would have enjoyed a bit more plot.

Still looking forward to book 3.
Kati
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I won this book through Goodreads in a First Reads drawing.

Ok, first things first. According to goodreads, this book is only 288 pages long. It's actually (the mass market copy I won) 327 pages of story. Just had to clarify that. It means nothing as far as the story itself was concerned.

Ultimately I'd say I liked this story. The characters were pretty decent, the story was reasonably well told. But, it didn't jump off the page. I'm not closing the book, wondering what happens next with Sarielle
Amanda
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Jacquelyn Frank's world building in all of her books is top notch and Cursed by Ice is no different. She does a magnificent job of combining paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi to create captivating stories.

Cursed by Ice is the second installment within the Immortal Brothers series. Garreth is a sensible with a strict honor code. He kind of reminded me of a Robin Hood character – championing the underdog.

Like his brothers, Garreth has been cursed by the Gods for stealing immortality. Every night he is m
Angela Cramer
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review:

***I received an ARC from Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine through NetGalley for an honest review***

Let me start out by saying that I LOVE Jacquelyn’s books. I have from the very first Nightwalker book I picked up from the library. I have since voraciously devoured everything she has written and when I discovered she wrote under the name JAX, well I did one of those giddy happy dances. After reading and reviewing Cursed by Fire, I wondered how Ms. Franks could write Cursed by Ic
April Symes
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
***A gifted copy was provided by Net Galley for an honest review***

This is book two in the Cursed series. Garreth been cursed by the gods to freeze over and over again till the end of time. BUT As a reprieve, a goddess offers him a possble boon; serve her by fighting for her in the war between the gods and she will only freeze him at night. Then we meet Sarielle, who is a slave in the city Garreth and his brother Dethan are trying to over throw for their goddess. Sarielle has a special connectio
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Garreth had to suffer freezing every night for centuries now all because he wanted to steal immortality for himself. With his opportunity to be freed he pledge to a goddess to fight in her name. He never wanted to go on the quest to being with. Garreth lives to fight and fights to live.

While following through on his promise to fight for his goddess. He finds a beautiful warrior woman named Sarielle, who commands a beast and has a powerful bond to it. She was but a slave to the people of the cit
Lucy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jacquelyn Frank is one of my favorite authors, so when I was asked to review her new books. I was honored.
Cursed by Ice (Immortal Brothers, #2) is about Garreth who has been cursed by the gods to freeze to death over and over again. Until he was chosen to conquer for Hella. While fighting to gain control of the city of Kith.
Sarielle is a slave who controls a wyvern to fight back the invaders.
They fall for each other with passion. However the betrayal of others will tear them apart. Will true
Tabby Shiflett
Book 2 in a supernatural romance, although this novel can be read as a stand-alone. The plot is appealing and the dragon-like creature is an excellent addition to the list of characters. I am interested in finding out what happens next with the third brother, but the writing did not flow as well as usual in Jacquelyn Frank's work. If you do enjoy this series, I suggest her Nightwalkers and World of Nightwalkers series. There's a bit more polish in those stories. Overall, this novel is a decent w ...more
Make Kay
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
CURSED BY ICE by Jacqueline Frank is book two in the Immortal Brothers series. I've been a longtime fan of Frank's stories, but Frank's writing has been hit or miss for me with her more recent books. I was thrilled with Cursed by Fire, book 1 in this series, and hoped that the old Frank was back. Alas, Cursed by Ice left me feeling tepid.

See my full review at Fresh Fiction:
Anna
Feb 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 50%. I tried hard to get into this book and very much enjoyed the developing story between Gareth and Sarielle, but as the book progressed Dethan was becoming more and more annoying and I didn't like where the manipulative Davine was taking things either. Not my idea of a fun read, but might suit others.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Cursed by Ice from Ballantine Books via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

Cursed by Ice is better than Cursed by Fire, but it still didn't totally make me weak in the knees :) Full review to come soon.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Lessoire
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't like that Dethan interfered with Garreth's relationship with Sarielle. Otherwise it was a good story.
Sandy S
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 31, 2015

As punishment for plotting with his brothers to steal immortality, Garreth is suffering a freezing torment until the end of time. Again and again, his fierce fighter’s physique is frozen into a chiseled ice sculpture, his heart hardening like a diamond in his chest—only to thaw and resume the chilling torture. Until, like his older brother Dethan, he is offered a reprieve from a goddess—in exchange for his allegiance in a celestial civil war.

G
Mignon Mykel
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received an arc from publisher/NetGalley in exchange for an honest review; original post can be found at:

When ICE opens, we learn that not only is Garreth the youngest brother, but he's also the one who didn't want to go on this journey to the fountain. He went along because his older brothers essentially told him to.

We learned in FIRE that Dethan's hell was to burn over and over and over again, and when the goddess released him to put together an army, he
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
After a first book that I liked very much, who had completely involved me in this new particular universe of Jacquelyn Frank, I was in a hurry to discover the second released brother of his imprisonment. And once more again, I was agreeably surprised by the diversity of the action and the characters proposed who look further into even more complexity of the universe of The Immortal Brothers.

Garreth is different from his brother, but we already suspected that considering the way in which Dethan
Sharon Tyler
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cursed by Ice is the second book in the Immortal Brothers series by Jacquelyn Frank. It is currently scheduled for release on March 31 2015. while each story can stand on its own, I think it works better if the books are read in order. As punishment for plotting with his brothers to steal immortality, Garreth is suffering a freezing torment. Every night he is frozen into a chiseled ice sculpture only to thaw and resume the chilling torture. Until, like his older brother Dethan, he is offered a r ...more
Kelly Haggerty
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I would like to thank Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.

What do you get when you throw together a conquered city in the name of one Goddess, the interference of three other Gods/Goddess, the “help” of a now mortal brother and an ex-mistress to the cities former ruler, and the wrena of the keep? Will Garreth win his heart’s desires or destroy both himself and Sarielle for all eternity?

Cursed by Ice is the secon
Kae Thomas Hawk
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
As punishment for defying the Gods Garreth is cursed to freeze then thaw in a vicious never ending cycle. He is given a chance to be free during the day by a goddess if he becomes her champion.

Garreth had earned his living fighting before the fateful punishment so being the goddesses champion is something he knows he can do well. And if it keeps him from the freeze thaw cycle even for just the day time hours he considers it a much better life.

But he never counted on Sarielle. She was fighting f
Paranormal Romance
Cursed by the gods to suffer painful freezing and unfreezing every night, the hero who stole immortality must lead his army to conquer sites under the goddess name in return for his freedom from his prison. It's at one city where he meet the heroine. She's soul bound with a dragon and is forced by her master to use the beast to defend the city. Noticing she controls the beast, the hero actually shoots her in the chest, caging the dragon to fly off. After winning the battle and capturing the city ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think that the Immortal Brothers series could get any better but I’m happy to say that I was wrong! Jacquelyn Frank delivers another great book. I think every reader will find something in the main characters to identify with; both the mains are so complex and compelling. This is a real underdog story that will have you routing for Garreth and Sarielle right from the very beginning. In this second book the author expands and fleshes out the new world she created in Cursed by Fire. You b ...more
  • The Pleasure Project
  • Get Lucky
  • Blood Assassin (The Sentinels, #2)
  • Hard as a Rock (Gargoyles, #3)
  • Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4)
  • The Unforgiven (League of the Black Swan, #2)
  • Dragon Knight's Axe (Order of the Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Blood Warrior (Dragon Kings, #2)
  • Dragon Unmasked (Earth Magic #2)
  • Prodigal Son (Truth Seers, #1)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • Savage Chains (Men in Chains, #1.5-1.7)
  • Wounded Hearts (Men in Blue, #5)
I live in Asheville NC and have written a book...or two...or is it ten?

Immortal Brothers (4 books)
  • Cursed by Fire (Immortal Brothers, #1)
  • Bound by Sin (Immortal Brothers, #3)
  • Bound in Darkness (Immortal Brothers, #4)