Start by marking “Whatever You Do (Try Again, #2)” as Want to Read:
Whatever You Do (Try Again, #2)

Whatever You Do (Try Again #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  313 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
How do you trust someone who is everything you’re trying to avoid?

Harper Lindell is having a bad day. You know, if a bad day consists of getting fired from your cushy job and then catching your boyfriend red handed playing hide the salami.

Sick of meeting the same guys over and over, Harper decides to try her luck at Internet dating. How bad could it be? Right?

Tate Washi
Paperback
Published January 14th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Whatever You Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whatever You Do

Shamika
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Received from author in exchange for an honest review

I have a new book boyfriend people and his name is Tate Washington! I love when a story has me so engaged and reads effortlessly. That's exactly how Whatever You Do was to me.

Harper Lindell attempts the Internet dating world after her past failed relationships. She's the girl who has been cheated on more than once, so of course she's jaded and untrusting. She decides to mix it up in hopes of finding her special person.

Tate Washington - l
Sheryl
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

That was pretty good; a little angst, a whole lot of smexy times and one HAWT, tattooed dude; my favourite!! *SMIRK*

Now I CAN'T WAIT for Lana and Jake's story next!!!
Lenor
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Well ok, first of all I love how the author brought Harper and Tate's story, they are amazing toghether but...

I has some issues with Harper's insecurities, at some point I wanted to slap her so hard, she was trying to see thing where there were none, it kind of drove me crazy, like really crazy.

Tate is everything a super hot sexy male should be, kind, thoughtful sweet, tender and full of passion, I am sooo in love with Tate!!

He does everything in his power to keep Harper happy and secure.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Link--->> Whatever You Do (Try Again Book 2)

~ 5 Daisy Stars ~

Whatever You Do is the second book in Stephanie Smith's Try Again Series. This book can be read as a standalone and I think Stephanie does a wonderful job filling in the blanks from the past characters in book 1. If you want to full feel of the previous characters then I would say read book 1 before going into this book. Saxon and Brooke are in this book qu
Stephanie Smith
Jul 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
******* Excerpt *******

“Andrew?” I question as I reach the table.
“Yes. Harper, hello.” He shakes my hand and the first thing I notice are his warm eyes. They are gentle and sincere and I feel instantly comfortable with him. “Take a seat, please.”
He gestures to my seat before pulling it out for me to sit in. I smile up at him in thanks for the chivalrous action as I slide into the chair.
During our emails back and forth this week, Andrew and I had figured out that we are from similar small towns
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Tate Washington *sigh* Where on earth do I start, trying to form sensible comments on Tate Washington is hard. Big time hard.
Anyway, focus Louise. Whatever You Do is book 2 in the Try Again series, book 1 was Saxon and Brooke's story and I totally loved it. I didn't think, after reading Wherever You Will Go that it could get much better. I was so wrong.

This time, the story follows Harper, the bubbly, sexy receptionist who worked with Brooke and Saxon. She was sweet and funny and I absolutely k
Claudia237
This is a book about a sweet and kind girl, Harper, who is hungry for pure and unconditionnal love but has a very bad luck in love as all the men she's been with, despite giving off perfect boyfriends' facade, were all cheating on her. So she goes on an online dating crusade to find REAL love, the ONE. Her battle ground, her favorite cafe where she feels safe enough to meet her dates, but also where works the most handsome, hotest guy she ever met: Tate. Even if she can admit to herself, and eve ...more
Kristine GPI Bookblog
In Wherever You Will Go we met Harper Lindell, friend, colleague, the kind of person you want in your corner when something goes down. In Whatever You Do, when her day goes from bad to worse, losing her job, and then her boyfriend, Harper starts to think that this may just be the catalyst she needs to effect change. Maybe the kind of guys she's always been attracted to are part of the problem, maybe she needs to change it up a bit and try new ways to meet someone.

Tate Washington knows all about
Book Nerd Miss Meli
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
* ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW *

Whatever You Do is book #2 in the Try Again series (If you haven't read book #1 yet then do it NOW) Brooke and Saxon's story.... OMG!!)

BLURB

How do you trust someone who is everything you’re trying to avoid?

Sick of meeting the same guys over and over, Harper decides to try her
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Sunday, February 8, 2015
3:33 PM

I really enjoyed the first book in the series, Wherever You Will Go, and there was something about Tate that intrigued me, so I was very excited that he and Harper were getting their own book! Harper has the most crap-tastic day of her life; she gets fired and catches her boyfriend cheating. She's sick of falling for the wrong man so she signs up for Internet dating. She plans her dates at the Café where Tate works. Those first few dates are some of the funniest th
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

WHATEVER YOU DO starts with Harper having what is probably the worst day of her life. After getting fired as soon as she arrived into work, she heads to her boyfriend’s place seeking comfort, only to catch him in the act of cheating on her. Obviously she’s angry and hurt, but even more so because he’s just the latest man in a long line of men who have cheated on her. She’s determined to find a man that’s different from her usual choice and thinks turn
Lisa
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Tate, a tatted hawtie , falls hard for Harper, who has a bucket-load of trust issues, seriously, one more jumping to the wrong conclusion and I would have had no issue with pushing her off the ledge!! Apart from Tate having the patience of a saint, they worked well together, both finding the "missing" something within each other.

There were some humorous moments around Harper's Internet dates, a few eye-brow raising moments with bible verses being flung about like heat-seeking missiles and a swif
Barb Shuler
First let me thank Between the Sheets Promotions and Stephanie Smith for providing me with an ARC of Whatever You Do in exchange for an honest review. In this book we get an in depth look at Harper who we met in “Wherever You Will Go”. I liked her from the start, she was the cute, quirky and highly love able receptionist at Argo. She’s the girl everyone could instantly love ‘cause she is just awesome that way.

Harper is not one for change but as her day from hell stats she is thrust into the wors
Lustful Literature
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
**DEBBIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

This is the second book in this series. I was so happy that I was going to be able to read the second book for review because I loved the first one.

Author Stephanie Smith did not disappoint with this one either. This story is based around Harper and Tate but was really happy to see the main characters from the first book were back in this one.

Harper’s life was no cakewalk. Her father was a minister and she grew up in a very religious family. After she moved out it did
Christina
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2015
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Harper probably should have just stayed in bed. After being fired from her job, then finding her boyfriend in bed with another, there seemed to be little reason to get dressed, much less be a part of the world. Failed relationship after failed relationship has her looking for a new way to find members of the opposite sex. She decides to take to Internet dating as a way to find men she could select from based on compatibil
Karen's Book Haven
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book needs to come with a warning – ‘use this book incase you missed your exercise today – best ab workout!’
I said on my Facebook page that only fellow book buddies and book lovers would understand what it’s like to come across a book that you know you’re going to love from the very first chapter. Well, I fell in love with this book from the first sentence. Utter bliss.
I was wildly clapping (yes, it was in the privacy of my own home where no shame reigns!) that this story was focused on Har
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“I know deep down this is it. He’s broken me. I’ll never recover from this. The straw that broke the camel’s back. Tate Washington is exactly who I thought he was. I wish I had listened to my head all those weeks ago when it was holding up the red warning flag, telling me to stay away from him.”

4 stars. This book really draws you in from page one and you can’t help but fall in love with the characters as you go along!! Great series!!

How do you trus
Tatia
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fmr-reviews

If you were to look up the definition of BAD LUCK in the dictionary, next to it you would find a picture of Harper. She's got a rock chick type of vibe to her from her short black bob to her eccentric, yet fashionable clothing choices. Harper is fiercely loyal to her friends and loved ones, but she's also pretty sensitive. And she has the worst luck ever.

In the beginning of Whatever You Do, I did get a little confused. We went from her working with her closest friends at a company tha
Shanoff Reads
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!

**I receieved and ARC for an honest review.**

This is an awesomely sweet and romatic read and it is funny too! I loved everthing about this book right off the bat.

This book starts off with Harper have the crapiest day with crap just piling up on top of more crap. It was enough to make her decide she needed to make a change and that change was to try internet dating. Really, she decided her way of meeting me hasn't worked out for her so she wanted to give internet dating a shot. Well, le
books are love
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This had some hysterical moments. Each date that Harper had were so funny they will have you crying from laughing so hard. the one good one was when she finally realizes Tate is what she wants even after fighting it completely.

Tate is the sweet kind guy who didn’t deserve to be judged the way Harper did. this was the one thing about Harper that got to me-she judged Tate based on her past relationships and than continued to do so even after they got together. She never quite trusted him. Never qu
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I absolutely adored Whatever You Do. This was a funny and cute story that had a new spin on things. Harper is having a bad day. Not correct that, Harper is having a REALLY bad day. She has been fired, caught her boyfriend cheating and now has no place to live. If it could go wrong for Harper, it does. The poor thing can't seem to catch a break from anywhere.

When Harper tries to get her life in order and move on, she makes a decision that will include Internet dating (which I think is not
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC received on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

harper has had the worst day of her life she's lost her job and just walked in on her boyfriend having sex with another girl and she's not that upset that he cheated it's that he didn't think much about her. Harper is starting to wonder what's wrong with her cause this is twice she's been cheated on, I mean what is she doing wrong, so harper decides to join a dating Web site to see if her luck will change. she just didn't r
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Harper Lindell is having a heck of a bad day. Not only did she get fired from her job, but she goes to her boyfriend's house and finds him in a very compromising position with another woman.

After accepting a new job working for her friends Brook and Saxon, she decides to give internet dating a go and see if things fair better than her last relationship. Some of her "dates" happen to be at a coffee shop where Mr. Tate Washington works.

Tate is helping his family revamp their cafe and has not inter
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and this story definitely lived up to my expectations.

Harper is having the day from hell, she has just been fired from her job. Seeking comfort and a sympathy she ends up at her boyfriend's house only to find he is busy giving another girl attention, of the physical kind. This is not the first time she has been cheated on and this latest betrayal is the final straw.

Men are cheating bastards who can't be trusted and she obviously keeps picking the b
Shameca Smith
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well done, once again Stephanie! Another story that I fell in love with.

Whatever You Do's characters include Harper and Tate that we catch little glimpses of in the last book. I'm so happy that Harper got her own book because I loved her personality in the first book.

Harper's day doesn't seem like it could get any worse. First she is fired from her job, the taxi driver causes her to drop her box in the street and then she finds her boyfriend cheating on her. She gets the idea to try online dati
Melissa
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Brilliant!
After reading the first book in this series I knew that I wanted to read the second in the series, but after the emotional roller-coaster that I rode in the first book I was bracing myself to read this book. Almost Night and Day! This book is a totally different flavor than the first, not that the first wasn't good, it wasn't... it was amazing!, but so is this installment. It is much more lighthearted and fun, even though it wasn't all light and laughter, there were those teary eyed mo
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Whatever You Do is a perfect read for those lazy, rainy days. It's light, fun, and sexy. While the characters' relationship progresses quickly, it seems natural. The author gave the story a nice pace.

The story starts out and poor Harper has a very, very bad day. However, I did find myself chuckling at her expense. Wait. Let me back up a little... It actually starts out when Harper is working and she first meets the delicious Tate. I was honestly a little confused at the way the book started out.
Chantal
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my. One word. Tate❤ Talk about sexy.
Harper's day starts out with being fired from her job. She heads to her boyfriends apartment looking for sympathy only to catch him in the act with another women. She runs of to her former boss now best friend Brooke for comfort who ends up giving her a job at her gallery. Having her confidence back she decides to place an add on an Internet dating site and arranges to meet her dates at a local cafe where she runs into Tate again whom she met when he deliv
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Ever have one of those days where it can’t get any worse…and then it does? Harper’s day is just like that. Starts off by being fired from her job and then catches her boyfriend Aiden cheating on her. What’s a gal to do? Online dating! Harper sets up her blind online dates at the cafe where she used to order her lunch from. Tate is the yummy guy who works at the cafe. He oozes bad boy and is exactly what she is used to. Harper decides
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whatever You Do is book two in the Try Again series. It can be read as a stand alone. I didn't read the first one and I wasn't lost. Brooke and Saxon have their story in the first book (Whenever You Will Go) and are also in this book. Whatever You Do is Harper and Tate's story.

I was hooked right from the beginning. Harper has gotten fired from her job and heads to her boyfriend's apartment. She walks in on him with another women. I wasn't sure whether to be horrified or laugh at the way Harper
  • Savage Town (Savage Angels MC, #3)
  • Heated Desire (Desire Series, #2)
  • Oceans Apart
  • Wild Thoughts
  • Complete Me (The Trust Me Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Reverb (Blue Phoenix, #5)
  • Love Survives (Love's Suicide, #2)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Four (Indiscretion, #4)
  • Come To Light (Imperfections #2)
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Getting Lucky (Jail Bait, #4)
  • When We Fall (Take the Fall, #2)
  • Healing my Heart (My Heart #2)
  • One Song Away
  • Tattooed Scars (Tattooed Billionaire Series #2)
  • Against All Odds - Angel's Story (Destiny Series, #4)
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Paradise Road (Paradise #2)
Stephanie is a Happily Ever After addict.

Loving mushy romance, books, movies and music since she was young, and constantly daydreaming up stories and plots, Stephanie decided to put them on paper.

Living in South Australia with her own alpha male and two princesses she spends her days reading, writing and playing with the girls out on their property.
More about Stephanie Smith

Try Again (4 books)
  • Wherever You Will Go (Try Again, #1)
  • How My Heart Breaks (Try Again, #3)
  • Whatever It Takes (Try Again, #4)