Start by marking “War Hawk (Tucker Wayne, #2)” as Want to Read:
War Hawk (Tucker Wayne, #2)

War Hawk

(Tucker Wayne #2)

Former Army Ranger Tucker Wayne and his war dog Kane are thrust into a global conspiracy that threatens to shake the foundations of American democracy in this second exciting Sigma Force spinoff adventure from New York Times bestselling authors James Rollins and Grant Blackwood.

Tucker Wayne’s past and his present collide when a former army colleague comes to him for help.
Published April 19th 2016 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about War Hawk, please sign up.
Asteropê Probably not relevant to you anymore, but --
US:
Hardback, Kindle eBook: William Morrow (April 19, 2016)
Mass Market PB: William Morrow; Reprint…more
Probably not relevant to you anymore, but --
US:
Hardback, Kindle eBook: William Morrow (April 19, 2016)
Mass Market PB: William Morrow; Reprint edition (December 27, 2016)(less)

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I first read about Tucker Wayne in the short story TRACKER and I instantly liked both Tucker and Kane. WAR HAWK is the second book in the Tucker Wayne series, but I yet to read THE KILL SWITCH, which is the first book in the series. However, it didn't bother me much when I started this book. James Rollins starts off the book in such a way that you quickly get a grip on the characters without feeling lost and I was hooked right from the start with an interesting scene from WW2 that has special me ...more
Orient
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: thriller and cyber fans
It's the second exciting Tucker and Kane adventure combined by two global conspiracy masters: James Rollins and Grant Blackwood. Tucker, Kane and their friends must solve the mystery that can change the world.

Another fabulous story about Tucker, Kane, their fascinating bond, breaking the law, global conspiracy, the cyber war, secrets, terror, suspense, risk and a madman determined to control the world. Everything I love and expect from James Rollins. James Rollins is the best to offer a fast p
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars. There is good and there’s bad in War Hawk, the second entry in Rollins “Tucker Wayne" series. The good is, of course, more Tucker and Kane. The bad is (for me) that there’s too much ‘Sigma Force’ type action. I had hoped this series would concentrate more on Tucker and Kane. In the first book and the prequel short, they read more like Jack Reacher with a war dog companion; travelling around the world getting in the middle of trouble. This story, however, quickly headed into full on ou
Tim
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
An exciting first half is diminished by its lackluster second half through the conclusion. 4 of 10 stars
Candace
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Army Ranger Tucker Wayne and Kane, military dog companion, are fighting a new warfare -- electronic warfare, psychological operations and cyber attacks controlled by corporations. Drones are robotic soldiers used in modern warfare. Information is the new technological source. News stations and social media are the avenues through which it is dispensed. Can Tucker and Kane stop, or at least slow down, this new modern warfare?

This is my first novel by James Rollins and Grant Blackwood. I found the
Wilde Sky
A man and his dog try to stop a dastardly plot.

The basic idea / plotline were reasonable, but the writing was a bit clunky and there were too many “what?” moments in this book for me.

Overall rating 2.5
Sherry Fundin
War Hawk by James Rollins & Grant Blackwood deals with a lot of issues that get me so involved in the story, at times I forget it is fiction. This bone chilling, action packed suspense novel had my blood boiling, my head feeling like it would explode and my emotions running AMOK.

Tucker is on the run from his past, she is on the run from the present and Kane is along for the ride. Tucker has an ability to, not only read his dog, but people too. With his skills, knowledge and network of people
Skip
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Tucker Wayne is kind of wandering around (a la Jack Reacher) when a former military girlfriend asks him to check on a former, close colleague, who has disappeared. Turns out, she is one of many missing, working for a shady military firm and Tucker and his military war dog (Kane) are attacked by drones. There is a lot of craziness, as tests are conducted, leading up to full deployment. I miss the longer POV sections belonging to Kane, which were more prevalent in the short story Tracker than in B ...more
Reeda Booke
Another great thriller from the author of the Sigma Force series, which I love, by the way!

This one is the second book of the new series with Tucker Wayne, an ex-special forces guy and his amazing war dog, Kane. I love these 2 characters and the special relationship that they have, and I am a sucker for dogs.

Tucker is battle scarred and dealing with PTSD from his time in service, especially after the death of Kane's sister. Now, he is caught up in a conspiracy involving a megalomaniac intent on
Freda Malone
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Having been introduced to Tucker and Kane in Bloodline, I was curious about how this new series might pan out with the author's known skill with facts and fiction, as he does in all his novels and series.

I LOVE reading about rescue dogs, police k-9's, service dogs, and dogs with exceptional skills. This novel did not disappoint. However, there was a lot of tech involved. Drones, drones, and more drones. It took me a while to get through the story itself and with each page, I felt like I was stu
Brandy Wilkes
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book...

heartpounding

humorous, at times

energetic

racing to the finish

James has seriously done it again...and if Kane wasn't the whole purpose of the books, I would really need him to stop putting him in such perilous predicaments cause seriously my heart was about to pop out of my chest!!!!

This is the second installment in the Tucker Wayne series, which is a spinoff of the Sigma Force series. If you love Sigma Force then you'll love this series too.
Ronie
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know why or what it is, but this series really hasn't pulled it off for me. I enjoyed WAR HAWK (as well as KILL SWITCH), but the stories lagged to me. But I read for the sake of the MWD (who can resist a four-legged hero?!?!), since I have a retired MWD. A good story overall.
Deborah Wall
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A man andhis dog

This is a fascinating book about the many ways drones and other technology are changing modern war. And through out the story runs the tale of an amazing dog. I was intrigued by the story and almost didn't want. It to end.
Fredrick Danysh
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once started on the book I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish. Tucker Wayne is a former Special Forces dog handler with PTSD and traveling the country. A friend locates him and states that she feels that the lives of her and her son are in danger as everyone who worked with her on a secret project is dead or missing. Tucker and his dog are led into a world of corporate terror and artificial intelligence research.
Benjamin Thomas
The second novel featuring ex-Army Ranger and tracker Tucker Wayne, and his extraordinary military working dog, Kane, was another thrilling adventure with some really cool characters. Set in the world of James Rollins' Sigma Force series, it was nice to see a couple of cameos from characters in those books interacting with the characters of this one and the final chapter indicates their working relationship may become a bit closer in the future.

I enjoyed the premise of this one, that of smart dr
Roger
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
War Hawk features the continuing adventures of a former American serviceman and his dog, a highly trained warrior in his own right. They had me at "and his dog" actually-Kane is one heroic canine. I adore Kane, and enjoy how the narration changes from Tucker Wayne to his "partner in crime." This book was also very thought provoking as one of the main subjects is the use of drones, and by extension the future of warfare itself. James Rollins and Grant Blackwood make the point that with technology ...more
Mira Hedge
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
It is one thing to make a genre out of your own writing and to return to the source of your preoccupations; it is another to litter your oeuvre with the same leitmotifs time and again. James Rollins has been rehashing his own work for years. With this in mind, my advice is this: beware the author of whose work your favourite is the first one you read.

Kate
I could read James Rollins thrillers all day, everyday! Loved War Hawk. The relationship between Tucker and his best friend Belgian shepherd Kane is so appealingly portrayed. Overall, a hugely satisfying adventure thriller. 4.5 stars

Felix
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
These are fast paced novels that explore PTSD, potential cyber wars with drones being the assassins by privatized companies - quite scary and maybe all to real? I love the military dog parts they rock! James Rollins adds to his thriller crown!
Winter Sophia Rose
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Historical, Fast Paced, Intense, gripping, Refreshing, Heart Breaking, Page Turner! A Outstanding Read! I Loved It!
bfilbeck
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
An interesting but complex thriller. However, some of the incidents put a real strain on my ability to "suspend disbelief".
Bret Mills
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I’ve read in the series about Tucker and his dog, Kane. I’ve read other books with the main character of the story has a dog that is his partner but they failed to capture the bond a man can have with his dog. James Rollins and GrantBlackwood succeed where others have failed. The level of bond between a man and his dog captured by these two authors touches me deeply. As with Kill Switch, the plot is excellent and kept me engaged.
Patrick
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. It was fast paced and filled with action. It contained a lot of interesting concepts about AI and its deployment in drones designed to fight on the battlefield. It also explored the concept of the bond between a man and his dog that transcends that which you might think. The plot built around these concepts makes it interesting as well. Highly recommended.
Martin Pingree
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW ! What a ride ! Ex vet with his canine partner takes on powerful conspiracy at the request of an old girlfriend. So many great characters with a fantastic story line full of twists. Loads of action and great fun ! I highly recommend this book !
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
I am enjoying this series. I want more Kane, Wayne, and Jane! \o/
Connie Becerra
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. It's a fun read.
Amy
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun James Rollins high paced espionage story about Tucker and Kane. Quick read. I like it when the good guys win.
Jessica Bronder
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tucker Wayne is a retired Army Ranger. Tucker is surprised when Jane Sabstello meets him at his motel room with her son. Jane knows she is a target since several others she knows have been killed. Tucker looks into this and learns that drones are becoming more advanced. They are being programmed to adapt to different situations. It seems someone has big plans and is going to start using these AI drones to help him along. It’s up to Tucker and Kane to stop him.

When I think of drones, I think of t
Joan
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second novel I have read by Rollins and realized all over again how much I enjoy his work. He takes some cutting edge scientific research and weaves a compelling plot around it. In this novel it is computing technology. A way has been found to capture and analyze huge amounts of data. And there is a nefarious character ready to use that capability for power and control. Some of the tools he uses are sophisticated drones, capable of learning, performing tasks with increased efficiency ...more
Gail Cooke
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Following on the heels of their blockbuster The Kill Switch (2014) this estimable writing pair again give us much to enjoy and much to ponder. For this reader the relationship between former Army Ranger Tucker Wayne and his canine partner, Kane, a Belgian Malinois, is a joy to behold. I remain amazed by not only Kane’s loyalty to and protection of Tucker but also the dog’s ability to understand and obey 1000 voice and 400 hand commands. As an animal lover do have to admit that for me Kane is t
War Hawk 2 29 Apr 08, 2015 12:55AM

• The Devil's Bones: Cotton Malone vs. Gray Pierce
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)
  • Beyond the Ice Limit (Gideon Crew, #4; Ice Limit #2)
  • The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)
  • Savage (Chess Team Adventure, #6)
  • The Tesla Legacy (Joe Tesla, #2)
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
  • Ghost Ship (NUMA Files, #12)
  • Pharaoh  (Jack Howard, #7)
James Rollins is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of international thrillers, translated into more than forty languages, with more than 20 million copies sold. The New York Times says, “Rollins is what you might wind up with if you tossed Michael Crichton and Dan Brown into a particle accelerator together,” and NPR calls his work “Adventurous and enormously engrossing.” Rollins unveils uns ...more

Tucker Wayne (2 books)
  • The Kill Switch (Tucker Wayne, #1)