Start by marking “Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience” as Want to Read:
Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

Since the publication of his stunning worldwide bestseller Conversations with God (more than two-and-a-half years on the New York Times list; now published in 37 languages), Walsch has been telling readers that a new understanding of God can change lives and change the world. Now, in this new book, he expands on that theme by exploring how ordinary people can work in ...more
Published February 29th 2008 by Hay House (first published February 14th 2008)

Start your review of Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since The Secret aired on Oprah, there’s been a lot of talk about manifesting. Some people swear by it but others say it’s nothing more than positive thinking. Still others think the law of attraction encourages people to be even more materialist and greedy than they already are. The one question no one really wants to ask aloud is “where is God in all this?”

Happier Than God answers that question. Manifesting really isn’t about getting a brand new car or finding the perfect mate. It’s about
Elizabeth Credno
Mar 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I suggest reading CWG books 1,2 & 3 before reading this unless you are not new to alternative/spiritual thinking. I applaud NDW for his strength in speaking his truth even though it was clear that he knew his opinions wouldn't be widely accepted. Bravo to Neale!
Kathy Condon
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book that you can pick up and put down for each chapter is complete in itself. A friend had recommended it to me and I was not disappointed.

Neale Walsch takes us beyond the Law of Attraction or the Secret. While he agrees with them, he feels that we have not been told the whole story. This book points out why our thoughts and words are crucial to getting what we want in our lives.

Now that I have read it clear through, I frequently just pick it up and read the chapter that I happen to
Kara Lane
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, the title of this book, "Happier than God," kind of threw me at first. But it was written by Neale Donald Walsch, and I really liked his Conversations with God books, so I thought I'd give the book a chance. I'm glad I did!

The points he makes are very good. He notes that what is missing from all the talk about the Law of Attraction (due to the success of The Secret) is God. He explains that some people have misinterpreted the Law to mean you should put all your faith in yourself -
Alex Ankarr
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This was a birthday gift to me, which I was a bit bemused by. (Doesn't everyone interpret books as subliminal messages, given as gifts?) I found it a bit repetitive – the author certainly has a few mantras he leans on heavily, especially the bit about 'recreating yourself in the grandest version of the greatest vision' or something like that. A bit gobbledegooky if you ask me. Oh, and the 'we are all one'. I do have a bit of a problem with that. Because even if it's true at a higher level, it ...more
Anni
Basically, this is a book explaining self creation. Giving all the information and correcting the misunderstandings people have about self creation. It also gives you 17 simple steps on how to be happier than God; smile, sing, have preferences instead of needs, don't judge yourself or others, don't live in the past and so on.
The book takes quite a lot of time beforing 'getting down to the point' (i.e. how to be happier than God), which at first I found annoying, but I see the sense in this.
Magdelanye
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
the older I get, the more I value happiness. As my cynicism is an ingrained part of me, the trick it seems is not to let that hold me hostage to the negative, but use it to bolster my activism rather than succumb to pessimism and despair. This is sometimes not easy, especially to detect. Perhaps this is why I love books and authors that cultivate mindfulness and give pointers not rules. DNW comes a bit close to being pedantic, with his rules for manifestation. He is just too laid back and ...more
Aisha AlAmeeri
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

An eternal journey of the soul, bringing peace and tranquility to your whole being. It presents the guidance to the process of personal creation.

It was like having a conversation with yourself, trying to figure things out. I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I said I felt like I was being baptized from all the negativity in this world and then here I’m born again.

Now I understand why some lovers say: I see God in you. This is because “God and We Are One.” And “God is everywhere.”

Note: Short
Jenny
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow. Some amazing insights in this book. It's also a lot to get your head around.

I found the concepts in the book fascinating. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet, but it's another step on my Spiritual journey that's turning out to be far more interesting than I ever thought it would be.
Alen 54321
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really liked it. It has some good ideas on how to approach the world. Need to digest it for some time.

Interesting question--- "What if we are the children of a lesser god? "

+ clear, short

- pretty much of self-help overly optimistic aura around it
Anil Swarup
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as good as "In Conversation With God". However, the approach is the same but it lacks the profundity of "conversation". There are, however, some interesting quotes. The one from G B Shaw is the best, "All great truths begin as blasphemies". There are some prescriptions as well.
Eugenia S
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Replace "god" with "universe" and it's an incredibly helpful book to feel in control of your life and make steps towards what you truly want.
Susan
Mar 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm not a huge NDWalsch fan but Steve got this from the Library so there it was. The title made me curious. Some may think the title is a bit cockey but from his perspective we all have that of God in us and we can increase our happiness anytime. I don't love his writing style quite honestly yet I liked some of what he said in this book. For example the idea of anytime we desire, wish or pray for something-to do it for others and ourselves...not just ourselves. His 'new age' perspective ...more
Shaina Khan
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A more concise version of the Conversations with God series. NDW talks about how if you give others what you desire then you will get that. If you insist that you have a "lack" of something, then that is what you will experience. NDW also mentions the Law of Opposites (Bashar calls it the echo) and many other important laws. Re-reading about the concepts is a good reminder when it comes to practicing daily emotional hygiene.
Vanessa Vinos
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
A book I turn to whenever I need a "spiritual re-charge". It works every time.
Some chapters later in the book may get a little "woo-woo" for some, but it's the kind of book you have to keep re-reading and each time you will obtain something more. I wouldn't recommend this book if you are at the beginning of your spiritual journey or new to the law of attraction (it may be a little overwhelming ;-)
Greg Hurd
Mar 19, 2008 rated it liked it
This book, by the author of Conversations with God, has a lot of great insights and quality to it but it gets bogged down when he seems to just be writing whatever comes out of his head.
Kevin Summers
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Sample quote: "Many people makes themselves unhappy simply by finding it impossible to accept life just as it is presenting itself right here, right now. ... Nothing works, nothing is good enough, fast enough, big enough. ... They cannot celebrate what is, but need, rather, to excoriate what is not. To celebrate or excoriate, that is the choice in every moment."
Dec 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
The title is a bit unfortunate, though the author explains himself. It has a lot of padding and I didn't always like the style, but the fact is that I found it helpful. I've been working on parts of his concepts for a while and liked some of the connections he made. A worthy read. I hadn't read any of his previous works, but had no trouble understanding him.
Jahnene
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic explanation of the spirituality behind the LOA and the evolution of humanity that we are currently witnessing. Beautifully written, clear, and thorough - by far one of the most powerful and enjoyable books I've ever read.
Dulcinea Contreras
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"Anything is possible! Neale's book offers humans the grounded tool sets, including seventeen steps to optimize happiness, to utilize their inherently divine manifestation abilities, thereby producing fulfillment, joy, and a life that is, "Happier Than God," while on earth. How valuable!"
Zoe
Sep 08, 2010 rated it liked it
I'll absorb any and every Law of Attraction text I can get my hands on, and I'm particularly partial to any NDW book, i.e. one based on the CWG messages, so this one was a no-brainer. Bought it for repeated reference.
Joella
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
finally a book that states how God really is and now how the word has been misused by religion throughout history and still widley today! like the book states, i attracted it in some way and it arrived in my life at the right time, thank you Neale for writing such an amazing book!
Nate
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the world. for sure.
Recommended to Nate by: Neale Donald Walsch (fo seriously)
Pretty much "all the gems" from all the conversation books plus some new perspectives. Neale sounds like he's been taking the advice given to him in his previous writings. Now he shares the fruits of his experience.
Kristy Anderson
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel more enlightened

I have not read the law,of attraction but felt he really explained personal creation well I feel his books are a process of self understanding and the development of God consciousness I love the way he writes to the audience
Corky
Jun 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-awareness
Terrific little book...I loved it
Ella Roberts
A friend turned up in my life reading this book, and the joy I saw on her face when she talked about it made me think "I want some of that!!!", so I went out and bought it and I absolutely loved it!
Caroline Collins
One of the best of the Conversations with God series.
Marlene Schmelter
Loved it, Loved it! Another mind and eye-opening experience.
Pascale
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! So much stuff in this small book I'll have to read again in French :)

Great read!
Antoinette Marion
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Walsh has a unique way of relaying what was conveyed to him about our state of "happiness." Most of what he says makes total sense. Uplifting, interesting and helpful.

• The Most Powerful Goal Achievement System in the World ™: The Hidden Secret to Getting Everything You Want
  • Što (ni)je ljubav
  • U Vortexu ostvarenih želja
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book
  • Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Vjerujem u čuda - Knjiga 2
  • Rediscovering Life: Awaken to Reality
  • You Can Create An Exceptional Life
  • Pakistan Adrift: Navigating Troubled Waters
  • Battle of the Atlantic - World War II: A History from Beginning to End (World War 2 Battles Book 11)
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • Biti i imati (Promjenom vibracije do financijske slobode)
  • Undaunted: Lt. Ummer Fayaz of Kashmir
  • The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
  • Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
  • Life Loves You: 7 Spiritual Practices to Heal Your Life
  • Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives:  The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated ...more