Start by marking “Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience” as Want to Read:
Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  657 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Since the publication of his stunning worldwide bestseller Conversations with God (more than two-and-a-half years on the New York Times list; now published in 37 languages), Walsch has been telling readers that a new understanding of God can change lives and change the world. Now, in this new book, he expands on that theme by exploring how ordinary people can work in direc ...more
Published February 29th 2008 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published February 14th 2008)

Tami
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since The Secret aired on Oprah, there’s been a lot of talk about manifesting. Some people swear by it but others say it’s nothing more than positive thinking. Still others think the law of attraction encourages people to be even more materialist and greedy than they already are. The one question no one really wants to ask aloud is “where is God in all this?”

Happier Than God answers that question. Manifesting really isn’t about getting a brand new car or finding the perfect mate. It’s about crea
Selma Sljuka
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nisam sigurna da cu uspjeti da dam dobar koment na ovu knjigu ali bukvalno je FANTASTICNA! Knjiga koja se cita zapanjujucom lakocom i koja mi je "raznijela" mozak i konacno se dijelovi slagalice uklapaju. Ako trazis knjigu koja ce te obogatiti duhovno i otvoriti novu dimenziju onda je to ova. Knjiga koja ce ti pomoci da zivot i situacije u zivotu sagledas potpuno drugacije... Definitivno cu je citati jos koji put.
Elizabeth Credno
Mar 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I suggest reading CWG books 1,2 & 3 before reading this unless you are not new to alternative/spiritual thinking. I applaud NDW for his strength in speaking his truth even though it was clear that he knew his opinions wouldn't be widely accepted. Bravo to Neale!
Kathy Condon
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book that you can pick up and put down for each chapter is complete in itself. A friend had recommended it to me and I was not disappointed.

Neale Walsch takes us beyond the Law of Attraction or the Secret. While he agrees with them, he feels that we have not been told the whole story. This book points out why our thoughts and words are crucial to getting what we want in our lives.

Now that I have read it clear through, I frequently just pick it up and read the chapter that I happen to
Kara Lane
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, the title of this book, "Happier than God," kind of threw me at first. But it was written by Neale Donald Walsch, and I really liked his Conversations with God books, so I thought I'd give the book a chance. I'm glad I did!

The points he makes are very good. He notes that what is missing from all the talk about the Law of Attraction (due to the success of The Secret) is God. He explains that some people have misinterpreted the Law to mean you should put all your faith in yourself -
Alex Ankarr
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This was a birthday gift to me, which I was a bit bemused by. (Doesn't everyone interpret books as subliminal messages, given as gifts?) I found it a bit repetitive – the author certainly has a few mantras he leans on heavily, especially the bit about 'recreating yourself in the grandest version of the greatest vision' or something like that. A bit gobbledegooky if you ask me. Oh, and the 'we are all one'. I do have a bit of a problem with that. Because even if it's true at a higher level, it st ...more
Anni
Basically, this is a book explaining self creation. Giving all the information and correcting the misunderstandings people have about self creation. It also gives you 17 simple steps on how to be happier than God; smile, sing, have preferences instead of needs, don't judge yourself or others, don't live in the past and so on.
The book takes quite a lot of time beforing 'getting down to the point' (i.e. how to be happier than God), which at first I found annoying, but I see the sense in this. Fir
Magdelanye
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
the older I get, the more I value happiness. As my cynicism is an ingrained part of me, the trick it seems is not to let that hold me hostage to the negative, but use it to bolster my activism rather than succumb to pessimism and despair. This is sometimes not easy, especially to detect. Perhaps this is why I love books and authors that cultivate mindfulness and give pointers not rules. DNW comes a bit close to being pedantic, with his rules for manifestation. He is just too laid back and encour ...more
Jenny
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2017
Wow. Some amazing insights in this book. It's also a lot to get your head around.

I found the concepts in the book fascinating. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet, but it's another step on my Spiritual journey that's turning out to be far more interesting than I ever thought it would be.
Alen 54321
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really liked it. It has some good ideas on how to approach the world. Need to digest it for some time.

Interesting question--- "What if we are the children of a lesser god? "

+ clear, short

- pretty much of self-help overly optimistic aura around it
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • The Mystical Life of Jesus: An Uncommon Perspective on the Life of Christ
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Saat sen mistä luovut - elämän paradoksit
  • A Beginner's Guide to Creating Reality
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • Angel Numbers
  • The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose
  • The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Discover Atlantis: A Guide to Reclaiming the Wisdom of the Ancients
  • Wisdom of the Mystic Masters
  • The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
  • The Dreaming, Vol. 2
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int ...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch...