Start by marking “Heart” as Want to Read:
Heart

Heart

Sometimes it doesn’t end with happy ever after.

Neve believes Jake is the one. She is miles away from home, struggling to fit in at university and missing the people she loves. The only thing getting her through is the knowledge that Jake will be visiting for the weekend.

Jake believes he isn’t the one. His family and lifestyle mean he can’t give Neve
ebook
Published November 25th 2014 (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Heart, please sign up.
Nicola Hudson No - the main characters of Neve and Jake are introduced in Curve but it can definitely be read as a standalone. Thank you for your interest in Heart!…moreNo - the main characters of Neve and Jake are introduced in Curve but it can definitely be read as a standalone. Thank you for your interest in Heart! Nicola xx(less)

Niki
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Helen Smith
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness what can I say? I was so lucky to win a arc copy of this book , I have not been able to put it down and have read it cover to cover in one sitting, the characters grab at your heart strings from the first few pages, I can barely see through the tears as I have shared an emotional roller coaster with Neve this evening, the characters are bought to life and there are several times though out the book you just want to hug both Jake and Neve. A very powerful story that will stay with ...more
Holly Sutton
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, what can I say? I was so excited to beta read Heart after loving Curve and Nicola Hudson didn't disappoint. Once again, she wrote an absolute page-turner which I planned to 'just start' one night but, ended up in a cold bath at midnight having not been able to put it down. The narrative is incredible and I loved sharing the story from both Jake and Neve's point of view. Can't wait for number three!
Louise Mackin
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, so full of emotion, which like her last book, Nicola expresses so well. I really felt the heartbreak of main characters Neve & Jake. Even though I didn't want this book to end, I couldn't wait to read how it ended. I shall definitely look out for more books by Nicola Hudson in the future & shall recommend this book to others, like it was recommended to me. Nicola Hudson has a fantastic talent for writing.
Kristin Scearce
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd give it 10 stars if I could!!!
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I need some time to process. I'm still hurting after finishing this book late last night. I had trouble sleeping because I closed my eyes I saw the fate of the characters playing over and over in my mind. I did not see it coming. I almost wanted to stop reading and preserve the characters in the way in which I'd come to know and love them but I couldn't. I needed know what happened to them. This book is going to stay with me for the longest time. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC in exchange ...more
Jo
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found the title of this book very apt – because I broke my heart reading this story!

Neve and Jake are characters in Nicola’s first book ‘Curve’, but they’re not as prominent, as that story is about Neve’s brother Flynn, and her best friend Cass. You don’t need to have read Curve first, but I strongly recommend you do. Apart from the fact that it’s bloomin’ brilliant, it also gives you a background to Neve and Cass’s friendship. I really loved Neve in Curve, for being an amazing friend t
Shelby Young (The Haunted Rose)
Cover Thoughts-
Now that is a beautiful girl. After reading the story I really wish that the cover had shown Neve's heart-shaped mark. What I imagine in my head probably doesn't come close to the real thing.

First Thought-
Reading the line "Sometimes it doesn't end with happy ever after..." really scares me. Don't get me wrong. I love reading books that emotionally traumatize me, but I don't want to stay up the whole night crying over a book that doesn't have a sequel.

Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, romance, ya
WHAT I THOUGHT:

First off, I feel like Guy off The Croods - I Did Not See That Coming. TWIST ENDING!!!

Seriously though. As with a lot of relationship stories, there's a potential for good and bad, but this story takes all of that, crumples it up, throws it in the bin and then slaps you in the face. You find yourself drawn into the emotion, the thoughts and the confusion of our two main characters. Both know what they want, but neither willing to budge.

They are the epitome
Kristina Snyder
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Heart was an enjoyable story filled with romance and tragedy. Let's just say the ending left me utterly devastated. I had major waterworks with the ending. Anyway, I loved how I was able to read this story through both Jake's and Neve's POVs. I was able to understand each character better, and understand the why's in the decisions they made. I was also able to connect with them on a deeper level. Both characters also showed a lot of growth by the end of the story.

Neve goes to Uni and Jake belie
Vicky
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Moon Love
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I sure picked a good book to be my first Nicola Hudson novel. I enjoyed a new twist on what could seem like a cliched story. I read 213 pages in 90 minutes. That's fast, even for me. The story of Heart is unique and fresh.

I really liked Jake and Neve. I understood Jake's reasoning for breaking up with Neve but wish he hadn't. Yes that's a contradictory statement. He could have avoided both of their heartbreaks by just talking to her, but she made a unilateral decision that cost them
books are love
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay here is a book that will gut you.Seriously get the kleenex actually get many boxes of kleenex you will need them. This is not and I repeat is not a happy ever after. This is so so sad. The story will have you in a crying bloody heap of goo..If you loved Jake in Curve than here you will just be crushed but fall more in love with him.

Jake feels he is doing what is best for Neve even if that hurts them both. He walks away. His life is complicate and he feels Neve deserves a future.
L.A. Cotton
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've been trying to put into words my feelings on this book for the last couple of days...

I really liked Curve, book one of this series, it was different, fresh, but had a 'realness' to it that I related too. So I was eagerly awaiting this one.

This is Neve and Jake's story, and it's impossible not to fall in love with them. I couldn't put it down, I needed to know where their story ended...

But then I reached the 70% mark and BAM, Nicola throws us a curveball that (for me) came so f
Tish
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I received a arc copy of this book in exchange for honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Nicola and won't be the last.

What and amazing love story with a tragic ending. Jake and Neve were perfect together. Like every relationship they had there ups and downs, but because of the strength of there love they worked thru it. Then one tragic evening Neve's life was turned upside down :(

I have to say I cried like a baby from like 81% till the end (overly emotional) tissues and chocolate
Hilda
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, ebook, romance
This was definitely not your typical romance novel. Its main focus was on the aftermath of a break-up. It was painful to read but it was also nice to have a different sort of story. You can totally feel for both characters as we're privy to the reasoning behind Jake's actions and your heart aches for Neve because of what she has to go through because of them. Does it make you love either character more one way or another? Sort of. I found that I didn't love Jake so much despite his intentions. N ...more
Natalie
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait to read Heart and I can safely say that I wasn’t disappointed.

Both Neve and Jake are well-developed characters and I enjoyed the way their story was told from both their perspectives. I felt it enhanced the emotional content of the novel and allowed me to completely empathise with both characters. This really carried the story forward for me, making it a page-turner as I found myself truly caring for both of them.

Heart was well-paced and I was unable to put it
Helen Cowie
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of Nicola Hudson's books that I have read and once again it did not disappoint. Although it is the second of what will be a trilogy, it works perfectly well as a stand alone book. Those of you who have read Curve will see how the characters delicately intertwine with each other but do not dominate the main characters of Heart. Heart's characterisation is strong and you are totally drawn in to the story. It is a book that cannont be put down and is a must read for all.
Michaela Bishop
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional read I was grabbing for them tissues on more then one occasion! This book is different to others no controlling alpha males and that is what makes it so amazing. The depth and details of events are so well detailed the author got them all perfect! I look forward to more work from nicola in the future thankyou x
Holly
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing! I've read hundreds of books but have cried with only a a handful or two. This book...I just added it to my tearjerker list. This is not like the typical love stories I normally read...it goes beyond that. I felt like I was part of the book because it was so descriptive. I love when I am able to lose myself in a book. Thanks Nicola Hudson! This is a must-read!
Shunt
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An engaging and consuming novel that takes you from one extreme emotion to the other with effortless ease. The story flows and takes you along with it making it impossible to put down.
You will love, you will cry and you will have your HEART broken.
Brilliant !
Z. Elizabeth
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Man. I am sat here sobbing over HEART. Neve and Jake go through so much together and alone and you know they are it for each other and then Nicola throws a curveball at you and all the tears let loose. My heart is aching and you all need to read this book when it's out!!!
Mary
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
patyon jyd????? @#$%&!!!
Elizabeth Greeson
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I needed a good ugly cry, I loved every word.
Karlie
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I really struggled to connect with this whole story and the characters.. Not sure why.. Reviews for this were so good I had to read it but even from the beginning I felt like I was starting the book from the middle.
Yvonne
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Nope.
There were still WAY too many loose ends, questions unanswered, etc., for me. I can see why the author wanted to make the twist, and it can work in some instances, but I didn't think it worked here.
Honestly would've rated 1/5 but the beginning gave it another star.
Aleli Dumlao
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was beautiful but what about Garrett? They should sue him because he is the one who killed Jake..
Jade
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought I was going to love this book but unfortunately I didn't. I felt there was alot of unessasry wish wash and it didn't flow!
Clarisse
rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
Lori
rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
As well as being a writer, I love reading and reading about reading. My taste goes from Shakespeare to John Green...and much of what lies between! Dickens, check. Austen, check. Atwood, check.

Over Christmas 2012, I discovered the joy of new adult fiction and, inspired by Colleen Hoover and Tammara Webber, I decided to try my hand at writing my own NA novel.

I love the friendliness of t