Start by marking “The Next Killing” as Want to Read:
The Next Killing

The Next Killing

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When a twisted psychopath starts murdering students at an exclusive girls academy, a teacher risks her life to put a stop to it, in this chilling thriller by the author of "Dont Be Afraid." Original.
Published September 1st 2007 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Killing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Killing

rachel
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Gute Mädchen töten, böse Mädchen werden getötet."

KURZE INFO:
Lauren will ihre dunkle Vergangenheit endlich hinter sich lassen und fängt an der Mädchenschule St. Ursula als Lehrkraft an. Doch schon nach ihrer Ankunft entdeckt sie im Wald eine Mädchenleiche. Die Schülerinnen sind entsetzt und ihres Lebens nicht mehr sicher. Nicht nur die Polizistin Stephanie Land ermittelt, auch Lauren recherchiert heimlich. Doch der Serienkiller, der die Mädchenschule heimsucht, beobachtet Lauren und wartet nur d
Jul 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a page turner for me; couldn't wait to finish it! The author's style was very easy to read. I finished this book quickly because it captured my interest and I was always wanting to get to the next chapter; mainly because it was suspenseful in many places. It seems almost everyone in this book has a secret of some sort, and the mystery keeps building. In the end, you know who the bad guy is, BUT I promise you won't see the twist at the end coming. All the characters were likeable, some y ...more
Deb
Mar 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
A secretive teacher is relieved to get a job at a private school for girls. She desperately needs it to pay the bills. But on her first day she stumbles across the dead body of a student while out on her morning job. Now it seems that there is a killer hiding somewhere in the shadows at this school, and this teacher (who is no stranger to having secrets) needs to figure out what is going on.[return]I found this about average, a good solid suspense read but nothing to write home about.
Fazzyla
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
another fantastic read. i am not the person who ventures out reading random authors on the shelves. but this time, i did, i just picked this book and started reading. it’s serial killing in a Christian boarding school. Boarding schools always fascinated me and this book did not disappoint me. there’s gore, blood, nudity and moree. so if you are looking for something gore to read this week, pick this up :)
Kheng
Jun 03, 2011 added it
Recommends it for: People who love mysteries, Everyone
This book was really nice and i especially enjoyed it. I can't wait to finish the book and when i finally finished it, i really hope that the book was written longer. But still, i like it nonetheless. I thought the ending was really cool. And the part where i finally understood who Amanda is, or was. Overall, it was an awesome read!
Bren
Dec 17, 2007 rated it it was ok
This book was not what I thought it would be. It was okay and the ending was a nice spin to the storyline. Overall, though, I just didn't care for it. I'm not exactly sure why that is, but it is what it is.
Jen Acheson
the first novel by this author I have read and it was a excellent read- will def watch for more
Tryphena
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was an OK book. It sort of dragged in the middle. It was not very suspenseful.
Tiffany Faw
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Could not put this book down. It's amazing what people can get away with when noone is watching.
Can't wait to read another book by Drake!
L Ramos
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
first time I read her work really enjoyed a bit wordy at points but excellent story line!
Amanda
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Never expected the suspect. It had me a complete surprise. Definately a good book!
Tonya
Oct 02, 2013
Keri
Dec 18, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Blind Fear (Cold Case Thriller, #2)
  • A Really Cute Corpse (Claire Malloy, #4)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Once in a Lifetime
  • Sa Kasunod ng 909
  • Perfect Victim
  • With You And Without You
  • Night Prayers
  • Columbus (Silver Bear, #2)
  • Child's Play
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • A Deadly Silver Sea (Zack Chasteen Series)
  • The Shadow Walker (Inspector Nergui #1)
Rebecca Drake moves to hardcover with her breakout psychological thriller ONLY EVER YOU. She is the author of three other suspense novels, DON’T BE AFRAID, THE NEXT KILLING, and THE DEAD PLACE, as well as the short story, Loaded, which was featured in PITTSBURGH NOIR. She is a Penn State grad and an instructor in Seton Hill University’s Writing Popular Fiction M.F.A. program. A native New Yorker, ...more
More about Rebecca Drake...