Start by marking “The Barbarian (Alexander Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Barbarian (Alexander Trilogy, #2)

The Barbarian (Alexander Trilogy #2)

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Surrounded by the exotic luxuries of ancient Alexandria, courted by the world's most powerful men, Roxanne was a woman of privilege—and one with no memory of her past. Flashes of recollection bewildered her: images of a man as golden as any god, of a tiny baby torn too soon from her loving arms.

Then one starless night a stranger entered her silken chamber, startling her wi
Published August 1st 2004 by Leisure

To ask other readers questions about The Barbarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Barbarian

Gardavson
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was ok
DNF. I read half, and though the story was ok, I realized I could stop reading it at any time and it wouldn't bother me. Then my Magic series by Iiona Andrews came in. I read one sentence and decided to ditch this book. At least for now.

It was too political without any engagement in the story. The characters were likeable, but there was never any connection to them, and very little developement.

My not so professional opinion? Eh.
Juliew.
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This fun,easy to read romance involves Roxanne,widow of Alexander the Great,a warrior,Bactrian prince and Ptolemy I of Egypt cast as the villain.The prince,Kayan,receives word from Ptolemy that Roxanne along with her son have been murdered.But Ptolemy is the last person to be trusted with a dead body and Roxanne is soon discovered alive and in his cold hearted,scheming possession.She has no memory of her past and her future is uncertain until one night she comes face to face with someone who can ...more
Makayla
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is dark, amusing, funny, and serious. It can be a tad too descriptive at times though. Other than that, it's an amazing book I would recommend to die hard romantics that like a little twist to the stories.
penelopewanders
Clearly meant as a sequel to The Conqueror, which I have not read, but that wasn't too disturbing. It's been a very long time since I've read anything set at the time of Ptolomy, Alexander the Great etc. Not the book of the summer, but an interesting read nonetheless.
Lisa Sherwood
Starla Hall
Aug 01, 2014
Jan Springer
Apr 08, 2009
Judith E. French is the award-winning author of over thirty novels. Her recent contemporary suspenses received rave reviews from critics and readers alike. She is sold world-wide and her books are translated to more than a dozen languages. Judith lives with her husband and assorted dogs and cats in a restored 18th century farmhouse in rural Delaware. She is descended from early Scottish and Englis ...more
More about Judith E. French...

Alexander Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Conqueror (Alexander Trilogy, #1)
  • The Warrior (Alexander Trilogy, #3)