Start by marking “Deep In Death (Shelby Nichols #6)” as Want to Read:
Deep In Death (Shelby Nichols #6)

Deep In Death

(Shelby Nichols #6)

Running “errands” for her mob-boss employer, Joey “The Knife” Manetto, often ends with Shelby in trouble, making her cautious about continuing her association with him. Instead, she focuses on a new client who hires Shelby to find her missing mother. What seems like a routine case turns into something more sinister and deadly than she ever imagined. In the meantime, Uncle ...more
Paperback, 1st, 290 pages
Published July 22nd 2014 by Createspace (first published April 15th 2014)

Start your review of Deep In Death (Shelby Nichols #6)
Alex ♈
The main story - to find a missing woman - became to sub-story and wasn't developed enough.
As always too much happened and Ramos attraction drove me.... tired.
Tina Barnes
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Colleen Helme did not disappoint in this latest book about Shelby. The only bad part is having to wait for the next one! I have been addicted since Carrots. Is it me or does everyone else feel torn wanting her husband to turn out to be a bad guy so she can end up with Ramos?
Marsha
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Of all of the Shelby Nichols Adventure novels, "Deep in Death" by far is my favorite. This book was much more of an emotional roller coaster ride for me. Many of my favorite characters lives were in danger but at the same time the characters you would least expect rallied together.

In this installment, Shelby is a little bored and actually wanting to hear from Uncle Joey. However, it seems Joey is reluctant to involve her in much due to her penchant for getting into trouble; besides, he entered
Marla Josephs
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a hot steamy romance as much as the next romance fan, however, I'm also a big mystery fan and was ready for a change. So, when I was given a chance to listen to and review this book, I gave it a chance. I'd never read anything from this author before, so I was reall on the fence about it, and was hoping I hadn't made a mistake. Boy, am I glad I tried it.
This is likely to be considered more of a cozy mystery, but it has a little bite to it. It's not all fluff. It had s great mix of
Dawn Gee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My new favorite of the series

This one has a few stories going on at once. It's full of excitement. Uncle Joey and Ramos get into a life threatening situation. Shelby catches the eye of a serial killer. Chris is starting to make me a little upset. He needs to realize that after over 30 years of not reading minds that it's to difficult for Shelby not to read minds now that she has the ability. I'm still a huge fan that Chris and Shelby have remained loyal and faithful to one another, even Shelby
Kathie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I absolutely love this series! Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but I'm reading them in order just so I don't skip one! With each book, the main characters become more developed and the plot always sucks me in. I love that the writer doesn't feel compelled to choreograph and write explicit sex scenes or resort to using profanity to fill a word quota. I just find her books refreshing and engaging. Others have commented negatively about Shelby being married yet also finding another man ...more
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone..A "not-to-be-missed" book..
Recommended to Nikita by: Colleen Helme
4.5/5

Shelby Nichols was a normal housewife, happy in her mundane life with two kids and a loving husband but everything changed the day she stopped to buy carrots and in turn got the gift of hearing people's thoughts! The journey that started in the first book in the series, Carrots, has taken Shelby a long way. She now has her own consulting agency, is stuck with helping the mob boss she calls as Uncle Joey and is also faced with the complications that
Rubina
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Shelby makes an entrance with a bullet in her arms from Helme's last novel of this series.She has returned with a new determination to keep on working as a Private Eye and keep out of trouble.

Keeping out of trouble for Shelby is next to impossible, especially when the old characters of Helme's book revisits. Uncle Joey wants her work for him while his niece, Kate, is back in the picture with her own set of troubles.

I can almost hear Taylor Swift's song, 'Trouble Trouble', humming in my head
Berls
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review appeared first at Fantasy is More Fun.

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I just love my adventures with Shelby Nichols. When Colleen offered to give me an audio edition of Deep in Death for review I was so excited, I rushed through my current audiobook to get to Shelby. And I was not disappointed. Shelby is an EXPERT at getting into trouble :)

Those of you who have seen my
Erin Pascoe
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved "Deep in Death"! It may be Colleen's best book yet! I started it.... and finished it last night! I just couldn't put it down! It is a definite page turner and I loved every minute of it! This is definitely one I will read again and I'm so glad I got it. This book had an added twist to it that I really liked! Maybe Colleen will have this added dimension in books to come. It is so fun having a series that I enjoy. It's just hard waiting for the next book! I honestly had no idea what would ...more
Alice
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. They just keep getting better.

This is a amazing mystery series. I love Shelby, the mind reading mother of two; Chris her loving lawyer husband; Uncle Joey the mob boss; Ramos the bodyguard/hit man; and Jackie the mob boss secretary. These people have become like family, quirky and annoying but there for you when the chips are down. In this book, Shelby gets into double trouble, not only needing to help Uncle Joey in Seattle, but also in tracking a serial killer. As usual her mind reading
Jeanie Jackson
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great! Every book in this series seems to get better and I loved Carrots! For the first time Shelby discovers that her ability to read minds may not be her only gift or maybe she is just a little more open that some people. While she works to discover what happened to a woman who who disappeared several years ago, she gets frightening thoughts from people about Uncle Joey. When she gets horrifying news, she and Jackie fly to Seattle to uncover more information. I held my breath through half of ...more
Tracy Trixy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What am I gonna do now??! Please tell me there are more books coming!!
Loving this book and it's a close run with my other favourite in this series, but I love that whilst trying to find out what happened on a cold case, leads to Shelby finding the killer and being on his list as his next victim!
I cannot write down and express how much I love these books, and I love how each one reads, tho I kinda wish they were longer than they are!
Once again I had no issues with the writing and it's clear
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, books-to-review
another great book in this series! There were several surprises in this book, none that I saw coming....well maybe one of them once I knew who they were looking for and I even tried to throw another character "under the bus" but he was a good guy. But it seemed very plausible that he could have been in on it.

I started this series about 4 books in and have book 1 that explains how Shelby came to read minds, just haven't read it yet. But each book does a pretty good job of explaining it and making
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Deep in Death from Enchantress of Book Blogtours in exchange of an honest review*

Fast-paced, lighthearted, fun and filled with supsense, Deep in death took me on a whirlwind of a ride alongisde Shelby, Dimples, Chris, Ramos and the others.

My full review is posted with the book trailer on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews on August 11th 2014.
Dalene
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to thank the author Colleen Helme for giving me this book for an honest reveiw. I totally enjoyed reading this mystery. The story-line is very good. The characters are well developed and written. The main character Shelby is a housewife and mother. I loved this book and now I have to catch up with the series. Colleen Helme has done an excellent job writing this book and I look forward to reading more books by her.
Tia
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

Shelby is an awesome character and her adventures take the readers on adrenaline laced rushes of nonstop action. I love the writing and thought put into each book. I read Carrots a while ago and couldn't wait to see the next book but, it wasn't out yet. I forgot about it and was very pleased that in that time four more had been written. I love this series and know that others will too.
Sue
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the last book (so far) in this series that deals with a mind-reading heroine and all the almost-killing-her scenarios she falls into. Non-stop action and lots of different plots run through each book, and make the reading well worth the time. I am going to practice breathing now, for awhile, while waiting for a new book in this series to appear!!
beth starkey
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelby Nichols Adventure series

Wow, these books are amazing. I can hardly wait to find out what is in store for Shelby next. I hope that it will be as exciting an adventure as all the other Shelby Nichols series have been. Keep them coming please. They are delightful and keep you on the edge o f your seat.
Melissa
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read
This was a great book! I felt like I was right there with Shelby through every breathtaking moment! My heart raced at times, and I laughed out loud at others! This was a thrilling adventure that I was thinking about even when I wasn't reading it! I would highly recommend this book! This is a wonderful series and I hope to enjoy many more Adventures in the future.
Linda M Ratzman
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my 2nd favorite.

Falling in love with"Carrots"was my favorite. I have shared that book with many friends..."Deep in Death was very well done. I couldn't put it down and will share it with everyone!
Michael
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tear's ready??????

I Love Shelby!!! A thriller to boot and it will make you cry.... I can't spoil the ending but keep tissue handy...
Vanessa
Need more of this series! having withdrawals already *sighs* ...more
Claire Mc Partlin
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ab-read
NARRATOR: Wendy Tremont King.

Yet another extremely entertaining story in this fabulous series and a wonderful narrator in Wendy Tremont King, she does a really great job with all the voices.

Shelby has recovered from being shot in the last book and is ready to go back to work. She takes on a cold case of a missing woman after the daughter hires her to find out what really happened to her Mum, if she can. She just wants some closure before she gets married. So Shelby gets involved with the police
Julie Howard
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I really enjoyed this book it had so much going on, I wanted to hurry up and get to the end to find out what happens but at the same time didn't want to finish the book.
This book see's Shelby working on her own case as a consultant when she is hired to investigate the disappearance of a mother. Not sure how mind reading will help when she has been missing for a number of years Shelby is reluctant to take the case until she finds out the girl wants to find her mother because she is getting
Tameka
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Shelby is really kind. She is an accommoding to people schedule. I so hope that Bates gets to ear crow in this book because he deserves it.

Maybe Shelby does need to go to counseling. She missed Uncle Joey.

Let's see what kind of trouble will come to Shelby s front door this time. It's funny when supernatural things happen how you tend to explain things away..

Shelby just barely escapes trouble by the skin of her teeth sometimes.

Sometimes you just want to put an illegal hurt on stupid people. I
Odette Swan
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Ramos. Shelby gets into some dangerous situations even when the case has nothing to do with Uncle Joey. This is another adventure that will leave you at the edge of your seat wanting to know more. And can we just talk about the chemistry between Shelby and Ramos...like seriously just one kiss. Although I dont agree with cheating, and I am starting to like Chris, I still find Ramos to be one hot piece of man. Shelby faces emotions and killers in this adventure. This is a must read for all ...more
Krystyna
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A simple job is not always what you need

Awesome! A simple PI job is exactly what she needs until it turns deadly. Now someone is targeting her and everyone / everything she holds dear. An example of the best writing available. I think these have more humour than the Stephanie Plum books. Don't miss out.
Jill  Kirtley
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep In Death (Shelby Nichols #6) by Colleen Helme is a thrilling ride as Shelby gets the attention of a murderer whilst trying to find a missing mother. Throw in her work for Uncle Joey and the police department, and Shelby is in for a dangerous, fun and exciting time. I love this series!
Wendy Tremont King brings the characters to life with her wonderful narration.
Rhonda Jones
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Another great story. I love that there are multiple plot lines in each book, and this one is no exception. Shelby has three interesting cases, one with her mob boss, one with the police, and one she got from her consulting business. Again, the cases intertwine through the book seamlessly. The pace never slows down, which I love.
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #35 Deep in Death 1 4 Jul 19, 2018 05:07PM

• The Hitwoman and the Fallen Angel (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #20)
  • Scottsdale Squeeze (Laura Black Mysteries, #2)
  • Scottsdale Shuffle (Laura Black Mysteries #6)
  • Drop Dead Crime: Mystery and Suspense from the Leading Ladies of Murder
  • Scottsdale Heat (Laura Black Mysteries, #1)
  • Oracles & Obituaries (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 15)
  • Scottsdale Scorcher (Laura Black Mysteries, #4)
  • The Hitwoman's Juggling Act (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #19)
  • The Guardian (The Soul Summoner #8)
  • Wicked Decisions (An Ivy Morgan Mystery Book 15)
  • Kilty As Sin (Kilty, #4)
  • Scottsdale Sizzle (Laura Black Mysteries #3)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • Scottsdale Sting (Laura Black Mysteries #5)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • Scottsdale Shadow (Laura Black Mysteries #7)
  • Making a Medium (Lost Souls Lane #1)
  • The Hitwoman Goes to Prison (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #21)
***USA Today Bestselling Author***As the author of the best-selling Shelby Nichols Adventure Series, Colleen is often asked if Shelby Nichols is her alter-ego. “Definitely,” she says. “Shelby is the epitome of everything I wish I dared to be.” Known for her laugh since she was a kid, Colleen has always tried to find the humor in every situation and continues to enjoy writing about Shelby’s ...more

Shelby Nichols (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Carrots (Shelby Nichols, #1)
  • Fast Money (Shelby Nichols #2)
  • Lie or Die (Shelby Nichols #3)
  • Secrets That Kill (Shelby Nichols #4)
  • Trapped By Revenge (Shelby Nichols, #5)
  • Crossing Danger (Shelby Nichols #7)
  • Devious Minds (Shelby Nichols #8)
  • Hidden Deception (Shelby Nichols #9)
  • Laced In Lies (Shelby Nichols, #10)
  • Deadly Escape (Shelby Nichols #11)