Start by marking “The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #3)

The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor

(The MacGregors: Highland Heirs #3)

A LADY'S MISSION...

Known for her beauty and boldness, Abigail MacGregor must preserve her clan's dangerous secret: that her mother is the true heir to the English Crown. If the wrong people find out, it will mean war for her beloved Scotland. To keep peace, she embarks for London, unprepared for the treachery that awaits—especially from her wickedly handsome escort. He is
Published March 31st 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor

Start your review of The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #3)
Rachel
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She's done it again! Paula has given us another book that I got lost in and had a hard time putting down! It was another fabulous blend of history, family and romance. I really loved the chemistry and respect between Abigail and Daniel.

Abigail is another fierce, fabulous female character. I love that she wants to be chief one day! Her desire to protect her clan and keep her mother safe in spite of what her father wants was fantastic! She showed with that alone why she should be chief. I
Pam
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed Ms. Quinn’s Highland romances before and this book is another great addition to the MacGregor saga. There is enough intrigue, secrets and romance to satisfy all.

Abigail MacGregor is the daughter of the clan chief, a strong woman who will be chief herself one day. Her father Robert MacGregor, is married to Davina, a woman who has a secret that many would kill for, she is the first born daughter of a King. She never wanted to rule, so kept hidden away in the Highlands, but now her
AnnMarie
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor is the third book in The MacGregors: The Highland Heirs
series by Paula Quinn. Although it's part of a series, the book is easily read as a stand alone one.

Abigail MacGregor is the daughter to the true heir to the throne of England. Her mother, Davina, is the eldest daughter of the king, and therefore she should be on the throne rather than her Anne. BUT most of the world doesn't know about Davina which is just how she likes it as she is more than happy
Rebecca Norinne

** I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley **

Before I say anything else about this book, I just want to state, emphatically, for the record, that I finished reading this a couple of days ago and I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT IT. This is the first book I have read by Quinn, but now I am making it a point to add all of her other titles to my To-Be-Read (TBR) pile.

When I first started reading this book I didn't know how I felt about Abigail. Perhaps it's my lack of knowledge about the customs
mizlanah
I disliked.
- the plot line
- repetitive
- story's dragged
- instalove

I liked.
- enemies turned lovers concept
- banters and conversations between H/h
- H/h made me laughed a lot

That's all.
Candy
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor
Paula Quinn
The MacGregor: Highland Heir Series
Historical Romance

Review: Abigail’s family has a secret that could see them all at death's door if anyone found out. Her mom is the real heir to the throne, but she wants nothing to do with the crown. Unfortunately her sister, Queen Anne, has learned of her and has demanded that she come to England or have an army show up at their door. With her mom being too frail to travel Abigail decides to take her place.
Terree
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing

• A Royal Summons - The MacGregors, still proscribed by England, receive word from Her Royal Highness. Davina MacGregor is to come to St. James Palace for a "meet & greet"
• The General - Daniel Marlow, Queen Anne's highest ranking officer and closest person to her heart. Known as the Jacobite Killer, he was taxed with the job of escorting Abigail MacGregor from the Highlands of Scotland to the palace. He didn't really want to go for her until the night before he actually left...
• The
Shauni

Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

The turbulent history of Scotland remains one of the few historical sub genres that gets written, aside from the English Regency Era, it seems that the only other time in history we get to read about is the Scottish Highlands and their forever struggle for freedom. Just like in the Regency period books, there are outstanding ones and ones that are less so. Most of course fall somewhere in between.

Paula Quinn writes an interesting
she_batts
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favourite of all of Paula Quinn's books.
Nicole Laverdure
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lovers of Scottish romances, will be captivated!
OMG! What an amazing Scottish historical romance to devour. I could not put it down! A real page turner! Fast paced with a plot that keeps you wanting to know more.
I love this series, The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, written by Paula Quinn. The author really captured the essence of the Highlands, with her third story The Scandalous Secrets of Abigail MacGregor. I am a huge fan of this author and was really delighted to follow Abigail MacGregor and
Farrah
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
With lovely romance and political secrets, The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor was a lovely historical romance. With betrayals and secrets, it kept things interesting and I really liked it.

Abby was a wonderful heroine. Strong-willed and smart, she knew when it was time to fight and when it was better to wait. She was very loyal to her loved ones and protected them above all else. I really liked her.

Daniel was good, for the most part. He was loyal, skilled, and sweet when he wanted to be.
Margaret
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
[Read by Carrington MacDuffie]

In the *New York Times* bestselling tradition of Lynsay Sands, Karen Hawkins, and Monica McCarty comes the third book in Paula Quinn's sinfully sexy Scottish romance series.

**A lady's mission ...**

Carolyn
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quinn-paula
I have loved Paula Quinn's books since I first read "Laird of the Mist" back in 2007. She became an automatic buy for me with that first book and I have all her books (including her "Risande Family" series). "The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor" reminded me why I fell in love with this author's writing and her stories from the very beginning. It is a fabulous book that I could not put down. I really enjoyed the follow-up to Davina MacGregor's story which began in "Ravished by a ...more
Sha Mslvoe
Its a story about love, trust and honor. I really liked Daniel and Abigail. Never get enough of Macgregor's story. It makes me feel more like part of their family. I truly enjoy everything Paula Quinn has written and consider her my favourite Scottish author.
Debra Taylor
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Paula Quinn has raised the bar with this one. This novel continues the series in a way that her loyal fans will adore. The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor will surely charm new readers into the fold as well.

Mary
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love reading books about Highlanders, and this series is a very good one and one that I would highly recommend.
Kiesha ~ 1Cheekylass
What can I say? As always Paula Quinn DELIVERS. Will post a full review soon!
Deborah
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Perfect read for the beach. I love this series.
Sheena
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lush, lush Highland tale! Loved! That’s it. I’ve decided. Paula Quinn is a deity in this genre or a cyborg Highland/Historical Romance novelist here on Earth to churn out Rich, multi-dimensional characters, thrilling plots and imagery that captivates. The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor is my favorite Highland/Historical Romance of 2015. And I indulge in this yummy genre often. It is especially fitting, as Quinn supersedes herself as 2014’s The MacGregors: Highland Heirs #2, was my ...more
Riley
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The MacGregors and the Grants have been a part of my life for many years now. I've been following them for three generations through Paula Quinn's exceptional storytelling. The third generation's stories are told in the Highland Heirs series, the third book of which is The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor.

First, a bit of historical background is in order. The early 18th century was a turbulent era for Scotland. The exiled Catholic King James II had much support among the Catholic Scots.
Rhonda
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MAGNETIC FAST PACED SEXY HIGHLANDER TALE

Paula Quinn is one of the most talented authors in today’s historical romance world. I haven’t read a book written by her that I have been disappointed. She was put on my auto buy list immediately after I read Lord of Desire in 2005. Her unique mix of history and fiction along with her characters and plots captivates the reader and pulls them into the story making them feel as if they are there along with the characters in another time and place. All the
OpenBookSociety.com
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: una
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Una

Paula Quinn has done it again with another well written romance that takes the reader from the beginning and immerses them in the Scottish and English countryside in the time period that the story travels in. You are taken back to a time where the clans were powerful and the English and Scottish dislike for each other prevailed in history. Having read The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd I was delighted when I could follow up on other members of the clan. Quinn’s
Emily
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a digital ARC of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Historical intrigue, action, and undeniable passion – what's not to love? (Other than the perfectly crafted villainess Charlotte, Duchess of Blackburn – what a b***h!)

Abigail MacGregor and Daniel Marlow are the Jacobite era equivalent of Romeo and Juliet. Daniel is sworn to serve and protect Queen Anne of Great Britain, while Abigail is the
Debbie Lester
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Paula Quinn brings readers the third book in the MacGregor's Highland Heirs series, The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor. This is a story of the turbulent pasts of both England and Scotland. Readers who love historical romance can't wrong with this one. Quinn's characters are well drawn and intriguing, while the premise of the book is complex and riveting. Secrets, betrayal, an assassination attempt, all of these things and more come into play in this novel. Quinn is on a roll with this ...more
A Klue
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-edition
Well, this is embarrassing, folks. I read this quite awhile ago before I was an active GRs user so did not post any comments at the time. This is more of a personal note to myself that I remember reading and enjoying this book. Other than foggy memories of snippets of the basic plot, I'd have to do a reread to post an informative review. For now, these comments are meant mostly to update my GRs bookshelves.

I definitely should mention Paula Quinn's writing style is always a big hit with me, and I
Donna
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Being a Paula Quinn fan I am always anxiously awaiting her newest novel to hit the shelf. The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor is her latest literary work. This novel is a story woven within the clan MacGregor, a Highland family of Scottish heroes and troubadours who fight for love, family, freedom, and the preservation of their way of life.

I found myself taking my time with this read. Abigail is a fierce woman who has a very strong desire to lead and a mind that thinks before she speaks
Amy Alvis
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in The MacGregors: Highland Heirs series.

When Abigail MacGregor's mother is called to England by the Queen, she knows she will stand in her place. Her mother has just gotten over a prolonged illness and if someone doesn't go, it could mean war for Scotland. She didn't count on being attracted to her English escort.

General Daniel Marlow, can't believe that the Queen has sent him to Scotland to get one of her handmaidens. He would much rather be on the battlefield defending England.
NancyK
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Scandalous Secret of Abigail is set in the time of the early 1700's Scottish highlands and English court of Queen Anne. I am certainly no expert on early 1700's British history but this novel seems well researched. Yet Ms. Quinn didn't let the history get in the way of a romantic adventure.

Our hero is Queen Anne's top military general and one of her close personal advisors. He is sent to the isle of Skye to bring our heroine to Queen Anne's court. As our heroine is a Jacobite, one of the
Tracy Emro
Another excellent installment in a great series

I loved this book - I think this might be the best one so far.

As with all the McGregors and Grants - the path to true love is never easy and Abigail is no exception.

When Abigail's mother, who is recovering from a fever that almost took her life, is summoned to England by the queen - Abigail announces that she will go in her mothers place.

Tracy Emro
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - I think this might be the best one so far.

Queen Anne's champion and general Daniel Marlow has been tasked with bringing her to the queen. Daniel is known for his devotion to the queen and for the
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Mar 12, 2015 01:05PM

• Highland Vixen (Highland Weddings, #2)
  • Claimed by a Highlander (The Douglas Legacy, #2)
  • The Sinner (The Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • The Warrior (The Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • The Ghost (Highland Guard, #12)
  • The Guardian (The Return of the Highlanders, #1)
  • The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (Highland Brides, #5)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • When a Warrior Woos a Lass (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 6)
  • The Raider (Highland Guard, #8)
  • The Arrow (Highland Guard, #9)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Highlander The Demon Lord (Highland Warriors Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Highlander Takes a Bride (Highland Brides, #3)
  • The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6)
Paula Quinn is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of medieval, Scottish historical, and paranormal romance. To date, four of her books have garnered a starred review from Publishers Weekly. She has been nominated for Storyteller of the year by RT Book Reviews and every one of her books from the Children of the Mist series have garnered Top Picks from RT Book Reviews. She also writes ...more

The MacGregors: Highland Heirs (8 books)
  • The Seduction of Miss Amelia Bell (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #1)
  • The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2)
  • The Taming of Malcolm Grant (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs #4)
  • A Highlander's Christmas Kiss (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #5)
  • The Scot's Bride (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs #6)
  • Laird of the Black Isle (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #7)
  • Highlander Ever After (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #8)