Start by marking “Disney Lands (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #1)” as Want to Read:
Disney Lands (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #1)

Disney Lands

(Kingdom Keepers: The Return #1)

With the defeat of the Overtakers behind them, the five teenagers known as the Kingdom Keepers should be celebrating. By all accounts, they saved Disneyland from certain destruction. Why then did their mentor leave one last puzzle for them to decipher? The Keepers must solve a puzzle of the past, or be crushed under an evil that makes the Overtakers seem like gentle souls.
Published March 31st 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Disney Lands, please sign up.
Tyese I would recommended reading the first series before starting this book. You will be missing too much if you don't. But, trust me, reading the others…moreI would recommended reading the first series before starting this book. You will be missing too much if you don't. But, trust me, reading the others are worth it!(less)
AngieA I read this book without reading the others. I found it easy enough to follow; the characters were introduced as if we had not met them before and it…moreI read this book without reading the others. I found it easy enough to follow; the characters were introduced as if we had not met them before and it was explained they had saved Disneyland from the Overtakers. I will probably go back and read the originals just to get the details on how each of them completed their task, but I didn't have a feeling of "huh?" anytime during the book.(less)

Chris Lanam
Mar 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kingdom-keepers
"I'll see this to the end" is what I said when this book was first announced. I've read all the books in the series but honesty, the books became more and more crazy and departed further from an awesome idea and turned into garbage.

This book was clearly a set up for the "new series". But too many errors done in editing made it seem like this was edited too many errors done in editing made it seem like this was edited by a 4th grader. (Yes I realize what I did, but that's exactly what happened i
Erin ღYour YA Readerღ
I enjoyed the last few books but don't think I'll continue on in the series which is slightly disappointing...
Gabby
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty amazing! There were parts were I was confused as to what was going on but my questions were answered with in the next few paragraphs or chapters! Ridley is so creative!! I would've never thought of an idea like this! It's incredible! I totally forgot how much I missed the Keepers! His writing isn't as fresh but the plot was very good and kept me interested. I can't wait for the next one!
Kiana
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
There is a time when you have to say, "Enough is enough."

When I heard in 2014 that Ridley Pearson was planning yet another Kingdom Keepers series, I was less than thrilled, particularly because I thought I was finally getting my closure with The Insider. There's also the fact that the writing had gotten increasingly convoluted and presented way more questions than answers. Still, I can't drop a series once I start it and as a hardcore Disney geek, there are always a couple of redeeming qualities to the books
Jessica
First of all just so it's clear, this book takes place before The Syndrome. The events here lead very nicely into The Syndrome which gives you a little insight into what happens after the end of The Return.

I loved this book, absolutely loved it! I loved being with The Keepers again and figuring out the message Wayne left them at the end of The Insider. There were new characters who I absolutely adored, and new Overtakers and a mysterious group of Disney haters called The Legacy. This
Amber
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Finn, Maybeck, Willa, Philby, Charlene, Amanda, and Jess are back in a brand new Kingdom Keepers adventure in Ridley Pearson's new series The Return. When Finn receives a mysterious message from their friend and mentor Disney imagineer Wayne Kresky, he decides to find out what it is. Can he and the others solve the message and find Walt's Pen to return it to One Man's Dream before the Overtakers return to stop them? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good read. I enj
Jocelyn
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really amazing! I was reading it all day! I could not stop!I recommend this book to anybody who likes the series and also would want to read a book based on real amusement parks but fantasy events.O hope people who read this book have a good time reading it.Remember to always read FANTASY books!
Katie
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was a little apprehensive about starting this series after I finished The Insider. I really enjoyed most of the first series, but I had some issues with the last book, and I also read some unfavorable reviews for this book, but I am really glad I decided to go ahead and read it anyway because I enjoyed it, much more than I thought I would.

The book wasn't without faults. There were too many typos that I picked up without even trying and the plot was a bit contrived. However, as a fantasy book
Tom Hinkle
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney
I can't believe it! I picked up this book to start reading it and I didn't put it down until I finished it! I cannot remember doing that in a LONG time.

Mr. Pearson has once again wrote a book full of twists and turns. The book flowed nicely in my opinion. The plot is good, however, I'm still struggling when I finished the book with where he is going with the adventure. It's a good "wonder" as it will me craving for the next edition. (I sometimes think Mr. Pearson's name is Riddle Pearson instea
Maxwell
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Redfox5
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I hate to say it but Ridley has totally lost his way with this series. I was so excited when I first read 'Disney After Dark'. I remember sitting there absorbed in the story, feeling creeped out by the overtakers. Now I got nothing!

In this book Finn thinks that the OTs are back in business but none of the other Keepers believe him, apparently even that's just to crazy for them. Until he ends up time travelling back to before Disneyland was open. Then suddenly they are all on board, well excep
Chloe V.
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"In the blink of an eye, it was gone, leaving only an oily texture to the air, like heat shimmering off the sidewalk. That. too, melted away, returning clarity of sight. It all happened so fast that Willa wasn't sure she'd seen anything at all. Not until the carousel came back around and the golden horse stood empty, its rider gone." - Ridley Pearson.

This book is for sure one of my favorites! It's hard to explain to readers that haven't read the series, or are in the middle of the Ki
Katie Charles
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the kingdom keepers series. The original series is what really got me into reading and to find that there is the second series really just made my heart soar. I read this book in a day I just completely devoured it. I love where all of the characters are in the development of all of the characters throughout the book and I really can't wait till March for the next book to come out. Every time I go to the Disneyland park in California I can't help but think about the kingdom kee ...more
Anjuli Clayden
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It's a pity I've not read any of the others though. It's incredibly difficult to get these in the UK, and you can't get them on Kindle at all.

The book was fun and easy to read, I wasn't sure of the back story but I don't feel that this ruined my reading experience. The characters were loveable and charming and it was a great read.
Trinity Behling
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing because the author put many details in the book which made me feel like I was apart of the storyline. I also love the way that the author switched points of view throughout the book.
Morgan Shipman
I did not realize there was a series in conjunction with this book that gave greater background into this series before I began reading it. With that being said, I was thoroughly confused and had a very difficult time following this book until about halfway through. I don't think there was enough descriptive writing to differentiate each character and their qualities early on, which made it very difficult to understand and follow as I continued reading. About 150 pages in, I was able to follow t ...more
Megan Green
Sep 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I'm still reading these books. It's literally the equivalent of watching a train wreck. It's awful, even painful to look at, but I have to find out what happens. So I can't look away. These books are just awful but I can't keep myself from wondering if the author is ever going to go anywhere with the story.

My kids asked me a question about the villains in the story and how they show up. My honest answer was that I don't know. The author never explains anything, he jus
Rpaul Tho
I started this series after not loving the last few books in the last series but figured I should give it a try. The first 1/3 of the book had some of the annoying aspects from the last series but I'm giving it 3 stars as I think it redeemed itself on the last 2/3 of the book. My only hope is that the author doesn't try to extend this series too long like the last one and thereby make me despise it as it progresses.
Jennifer Girard
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very surprised how different this series is from the Kingdom Keepers original series. I didn't expect this direction at all! I'm very curious to read the next book.
Liza
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
B
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
OMG- I had read a few of the Kingdom Keepers, and just picked this one up. There was no plot, that I could follow and the editing was horrible. In one part of the book the kids are watching an Aniheim Duck hockey game in Orlando FL- not sure why since the Ducks play in CA, and the next page they are back in Aniheim with no mention of the traveling-if there was any- pretty sure the author forgot where his characaters were at. ugh also- the characters are out of high school now- and trying to use ...more
Hadessephy
This book got an extra star for including two of my favorite characters Pain and Panic!

I'm not a huge fan of time travel; I generally find the premises to be confusing and hard to follow
This book was no exception but I did enjoy it and it was nice to see the gang back together again.

I hope that the next book gets them into present time again.
Eden
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was beyond amazing! I am always wowed by Ridley's work.
Heather Green
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, but it should be read BEFORE reading The Syndrome. These books make me happy!
Ana
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Clube do autor for sending me “Os guardiães da Disney” by Ridley Pearson.

This book is the start of a new series and follows the friends Finn, Willa, Philby, Charlene and Maybeck, the Disney Guardians. In the previous series, they were hired by Disney to be guides at the park and, with amazing technology, holograms of them were created. But they quickly found out that, when they fall asleep, they become their holograms.

In this book, the first of a new series, we
Amy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited for The Return series and getting back into the lives of Finn and the Kingdom Keepers after a hiatus (on my part) in reading up on their adventures. As I had hoped, this series was MUCH more than I had anticipated, as I was fearful that some of the slower installments of the Kingdom Keepers series might hold this one back in having a strong start. I was so glad that my fears were not realized, and the story instead took a new and innovative turn. I am much more familiar with Disney ...more
Duda
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Return, Disney Lands

(Warning: this book is the beginning of a series that continues the Kingdom Keepers series. If you haven’t read the Kingdom Keepers, do so before reading this book or you will be confused.)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

In the book, The Return, Disney Lands by Ridley Pearson, the battle between the Overtakers and the Kingdom Keepers has ended.The Kingdom Keepers have moved on. They are now going to college and getting on with their lives. Yet F
dreaming_ginger_unicorn
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney
When I read the mixed reviews for this book, I was apprehensive to read it after my mixed feelings from reading the last few books of the earlier series. From reviews of the book, I was expecting to find many grammatical and spelling errors in the book as I am a stickler for grammatical and spelling errors myself. I read the paperback version and caught only a few mistakes. Perhaps they edited it after the hardback was released and before the paperback was released.

Next, I am so glad a fellow r
Linda
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a thrill to return to the Kingdom Keepers and the Disney Lands! Unlike the original series, this one alternates between DisneyWorld Orlando and Anaheim Disneyland (not California Adventure, although Tower of Terror is referenced obliquely). The Keepers are now young people starting out on careers, but they are still willing and eager to jump in when there is a threat to anything Disney-related ...

Errors found in Hardcover version: page 52, and thumping (THUMPED) his head ; 114,
Justin
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel like it kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next BUT for me it was too convoluted and hard to follow most of the times.

I also kinda feel like it wasn't as consistent with the vibes of the previous series. Like shouldn't the Imagineers be supportive of what the KKs are doing, especially with investigating the weird things going on with the attractions? (Case in point: Joe and Amanda)

And the insertions of the crowdsourced novel writing didn't r
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• HIDDEN MICKEY 2: It All Started... (Hidden Mickey, #2)
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 4
  • Other Worlds
  • The Fearsome Foursome (Tales from the Haunted Mansion #1)
  • Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Disney Little Golden Book (Disney)
  • Dream It! Do It! (The People, The Places, The Projects): My Half-Century Creating Disney's Magic Kingdoms
  • The Sandman and the War of Dreams (The Guardians, #4)
  • Aces Wild
  • Project Future: The Inside Story Behind the Creation of Disney World
  • It's Your Universe: You Have the Power to Make It Happen
  • Forbidden Passage (Stranded: Shadow Island #1)
  • Before Tomorrowland
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • Who's Afraid of the Song of the South? and Other Forbidden Disney Stories
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Memory and Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #2)
  • It's Kind Of A Cute Story
Ridley Pearson is the author of more than twenty novels, including the New York Times bestseller Killer Weekend; the Lou Boldt crime series; and many books for young readers, including the award-winning children's novels Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, which he cowrote with Dave Barry. Pearson lives with his wife and two daughters, dividing their time between Missouri and Idah ...more

Kingdom Keepers: The Return (3 books)
  • Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
“The wise camel is not swayed by desert mirages; instead, it trudges on, in search for true water.” 1 likes