Start by marking “Dinosaur vs. Mommy” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur vs. Mommy

Dinosaur vs. Mommy

(Dinosaur vs.)

Dinosaur is spending the day with Mommy. ROAR! He helps her wake up, go shopping, sort laundry, and more--his way, that is. By bedtime, it looks like Mommy is down for the count. Is one little red dinosaur just too much for her, or will Mommy win? Chock full of the bold graphics and exuberance that has made the Dinosaur vs. series so popular, this book will tickle toddlers ...more
Published March 3rd 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur vs. Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur vs. Mommy

Start your review of Dinosaur vs. Mommy
Mary
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another addition to the popular Dinosaurs Vs. series. This time Dinosaur challenges Mommy. This book has the same appeal as David Shannon's No David; several naughty misadventures followed by unconditional love. A fun and reassuring read aloud for preschool listeners.
Liza Nahas
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
All Mommies will relate to how often little Dinosaur wins! Funny & cute!
Jon Nakapalau
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and the artwork because it is simple yet insightful, the type of book that makes you feel closer to your inner child as you read it to children.
Rhonda K
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We love all the Dinosaur vs. books and this was no exception. I forgot how hoarse my voice gets with all the roar, Roar, ROARS so I have the Kid read those for me, which he's happy to do. Can't wait for the next installment. How about Dinosaur vs. a Donut! Roar!
Erika
Dec 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s
I love dinosaurs...this was a book about a horrible child who misbehaves and we glorify it by making the kid an adorable dinosaur.
Hααℓєу♡  Ƒιѕнєя
I understand that little kids can be little monsters (or in this case, dinosaurs) but I dislike how this book portrayed the behavior as acceptable.

Cute and fun, nevertheless.
The Keepers of the Books
Follow Dinosaur as he and his mommy go throughout the day. Breakfast, buying groceries, folding laundry, and more are no match for dinosaur, but will he or mommy win? Fun, easy to read text that will keep the youngest children engaged. The illustrations are reminiscent of the picture book series, but are also complementary of the text. Young toddlers who love dinosaurs will enjoy having this book read to them.

This book was featured on The Keepers of The Books' March Picture Books Book Haul. For
Jeri  Kniess
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So adorable! So funny! So accurate! My favorite? "Dinosaur vs. Mommy taking a shower!" Splash! goes toys in the toilet. SO true. This book, and this entire dinosaur series, is fun to read to your child. It calls for much roaring in your best dinosaur voice.
Allison
Cute--but I am wondering why Dinosaur never gets put into time out.
Susan Schuler
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Dinosaur and Bob Shea!
Regina L
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ROAR! Dinosaur home for the day with his Mommy. Dinosaur loves his Mommy but what Mommy doesn’t know is they are in a competition today- at everything – and Dinosaur wants to win! Mommy thinks she can sleep in a little. Wrong! Dinosaur wakes Mommy up with a cannonball to the bed! (Dinosaur 1, Mommy 0.) Mommy think she can take a quick shower? Wrong! Dinosaur know how to make that shower even quicker, with a flush of his toys down the toilet! (Dinosaur 2, Mommy 0). And so the day goes on, ...more
Reagan
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is a funny dino he wants everthing. I like him
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Just in time for Mother's Day! For all the moms who have often times felt like it was them vs their kid(s), this may be the book for you, especially if you have a toddler. This little dinosaur is definitely winning the dinosaur vs mommy day. Little dinosaur seems to enjoy making messes and causing trouble as soon as his mom starts doing chores, and other things around their house. As quickly as his mom starts doing something, Dinosaur springs into action, making a mess, to flushing toys down the
Janice
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of the Dinosaur vs. books. And I love this newest addition. Dinosaur is at it again and this time it’s vs Mommy. Who will win? Dinosaur does his best to win by getting Mommy up, going to the grocery store and more. By bedtime dinosaur looks like he’s more powerful than Mommy but is he? Mommy definitely looks like she’s exhausted. Some much help from one small dinosaur. But wait what is this? Well you’ll definitely have to read the book to find out.
Julie
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Mommy is trying to get things done today. She’s trying to do laundry, trying to give Dinosaur a bath, and even trying to do a little shopping. But dinosaur fights back! Rawr! Who wins each round? Dinosaur of course! But Mommy is getting tired. Mommy wins this time.

Activity: Have students re-enact some of the scenarios and then act it out to show how Mommy would win.

Shea, B. (2015). Dinosaur vs. Mommy. Los Angeles: Disney*Hyperion.
Mary
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
ROAR! Of COURSE Dinosaur wins! This might be my new favorite in the "Dinosaur vs..." series. But I DO wonder what kids will think about what dinosaur does. In my experience, they can usually figure out that he's not behaving well, but it still loved by Mommy. In that respect, it reminds me of "No, David!"
Pamela
Hilarious as usual. Dinosaur "wins" over Mommy by tossing things in the toilet, getting his favorite cereal, and generally being a toddler. Moms might like this a bit more that the little ones, but I can see incorporating this into our "We Love Moms" storytime pretty easily.

I'm just waiting for someone to need a fainting couch because we see mom's bra. Tee-hee.
Tina
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shea is back on his game with this one. Dinosaur is so cute that we know that mommy has no chance against him and his adorableness. Even if he fights her on all the things she asks. This is one I'm happy to add to my collection for storytimes - especially this week when it is so perfect for Mother's Day.
Barb Middleton
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good for the pre-kindergarten crowd. A dinosaur has power struggles with his mom and wins. Kids feel empowered by the book and adults will laugh at the dinosaur being stuffing toys in the toilet. Unless they are dealing with a dinosaur monster of their own. Then it might hit too close to home. Many of the students said, "That's like my little brother!"
Pam
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Dinosaur spends the day with his mommy. He roars a lot and feels like he's winning every battle. Not a surprise - mommy wins in the end.
Not a full fan of the dinosaur fussing to get his own way several times during the story.
Rachel Rooney
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Dinosaur vs. Bedtime is cute. This one is not. Sorry, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Maybe little ones will like it, but the adults will be rolling their eyes, or at least this one was.
Luvy Webb
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Great picture book of a little dinosaur playing against his mom. He challenges his mother to all sorts of battles, which a mother deals with on a daily basis! This fun-filled story would relate best with younger elementary students. It is a great book for young readers because the words are simple and easy to understand.
Amanda
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: me-and-ozman
Ozman: AHAHAHAHA FUNNY MAMA! Again!

Me: Ugh, this was stupid. Dinosaur terrorizes an unseen mama, ruining perfectly good stuff. I mean, this is real life (is this just fantasy) but I did not really enjoy this. Unfortunately we have another book we picked out from this series so we will just have to read it.
Sarah Mckelvy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Another book I read to my three year old. As a mom of a very rambunctious preschooler, I could relate to mommy. I had to stop reading when my son and daughter started to laugh when dinosaur threw his toys in the toilet and flushed it. I told them, "Dinosaur is being VERY naughty." In the end mommy ended up winning, but you'll have to read it for yourself to find out why.
Anna
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was okay. The cover looks adorable, but it's chaotic inside the book. I didn't like how the dinosaur roared so much and how things were drawn in half of the book, but I feel like children will enjoy it. It's really colorful.
Ro Menendez
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dinosaur is always a hoot to read, alone or aloud! There's the "Dinosaur versus" to read as if you are a WWF announcer; then there's the roaring on each page; and finally there's THE FINAL BATTLE Dinosaur faces. Sweet, funny, and silly, in this Dinosaur title the reader gets a glimpse at who Dinosaur's alter ego is!
Suzanne Kunz Williams
Is your little one, like the little one in this book, giving you a run for money?

**Talking Points - What can you do when your little one is giving you a run for your money to make the situation better?
Ryan
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have always liked Bob Shea books. They are happy, colorful, yet full of the simple pleasures in life. Dinosaur is a bit of a Jurassic personality. He wins almost everything. The shower, the morning. But sometimes mommy needs to win too.
Illeyana
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
ROAR! Definitely a cute read.
Adrianne
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
As a mother, this is 100% accurate. Hilarious as well.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stumpkin
  • Go Away, Big Green Monster!
  • Mustache Baby
  • If I Ran the Zoo
  • Snoozefest
  • Sheep Blast Off!
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Stretch
  • The Rabbit Listened
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Exclamation Mark
  • Rosie Revere, Engineer
Bob Shea has written and illustrated over a dozen picture books including the popular Dinosaur vs. Bedtime and the cult favorite Big Plans illustrated by Lane Smith.

His characters and animations have appeared on Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney and PBS Kids.

Bob spends his days writing, drawing and having “conversations” with NPR.

Dinosaur vs. (6 books)