Start by marking “One Last Letter” as Want to Read:
One Last Letter

One Last Letter

A romantic hardened by reality…
Evelyn Lancaster turned her back on her love for ranch hand Jesse Greenwood when she was sixteen to pursue a career and marry into wealth that could save her father’s struggling ranch. Now twenty-three, she works hard to keep the property afloat, but no suitor has stirred her heart the way Jesse did. After her father falls ill, she needs all
Kindle Edition
Published August 18th 2014 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about One Last Letter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Letter

Heather
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather by: Author
Shelves: bookkins-que
I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

As I sat down to write this review I had to chuckle. Some how in the midst of reading the review request I must have read the wrong excerpt. (I recently have misplaced my glasses and well...yeah, I one upped or downed a cell) So to my surprise I was reading a historical romance. Not a story about Angels and Demons which was the wrong excerpt. Don
FicCentral
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Jesse and Eve were just kids when they promised to love each other forever.  Kids who thought running away together would be romantic.  Kids who didn’t consider that the wealthy rancher’s daughter and the hired hand were not an acceptable match.  But when Eve returned from school and coldly explained that she needed a husband of means, one who could financially support the ranch, those promises didn’t seem to matter.

It’s been years, though, and Eve’s never taken a husband, never found anyone sh
Jonel
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a sweet novella. Donyo had my emotions rolled up in a bunch throughout. The subtle turmoil felt throughout the story really draws you to the plight of the characters. Social norms and preconceived notions add to the problems faced by the characters. Donyo takes this all and places it in the very real world of ranch life before combines and tractors take over. True romance and broken hearts take centre stage amongst the mended fences.

The characters that Donyo builds her story around are perf
Carrie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Review originally posted on Once Upon A Dream Books

*Pema Donyo provided a copy for an honest review.*

There once was a little girl named Dreams. She grew up on a steady stream of science fiction and fantasy. She loved the genres so much, they are still her go to genres for books and movies. But here is something you might not know about our heroine, westerns have always claimed a special part of her childhood.

So getting the opportunity to read and review a historical western, I jumped a
Lauralee
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One Last Letter tells the story of Eve and Jesse, young lovers who dreamed of running away together. Instead of running away, Eve is struck by reality to save her farm and her family. She rejects Jesse, a cowboy who works on her ranch, in favor of an advantageous marriage. Years later, Eve is still unmarried because she hasn’t found a rich suitor that is interested in her and not just her land. Jesse, after having struck rich in California, returns and immediately saves her ranch, invests in it, ...more
Tin
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
What intrigued me about this book is the idea of letters being exchanged between Evelyn and Jesse, the daughter of the ranch owner and a ranch hand. Theirs is a relationship that crosses social boundaries and we see the toll this takes on our hero and heroine. Eve sacrifices her love for Jesse and pushes him away, for the sake of saving the ranch and making a more advantageous match, but, even after 2 years, her heart still pines for her childhood friend and love.

The letters they exchange are a
Ellen
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Canon! {http://canireadeverything.blogspot.co...}

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced my opinion or review. Promise!

There's really no way around it: if it's romance, I will probably read it. There's romance, and then there's heart-pounding, breathless, fabulous, fantastic romance. Pema Donyo's One Last Letter falls in that category.

Right from the beginning, the romance dives in and makes a splash. We're immedia
A New Page Book Reviews
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written historical romance set in the American west, One Last Letter, is a story of young love, broken promises, and regrets.

Evelyn Lancaster is an educated young woman who has her whole life ahead of her, but when her father falls ill and the family ranch into financial strain, she returns home hoping to secure the ranch's future by marrying someone socially and financially acceptable. Thoughts of that dash when she confronts the ranch hand she once loved, Jesse Greenwood.

With E
Dawn Sullivan
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book appealed to me right away after reading the description I knew I had to read it. I love the idea of farms and ranches and when there's romance involved it makes it all the better.

Jesse a cowboy. He and his sister were abandoned by their mom. All Jesse wants is to live a good comfortable life with the woman he loves but he feels like it can't be due to the fact that he is just a cowboy who does not come from a good background. The woman he loves is in a higher class.
Can he make somethi
Dakota Storm
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always love to read a historical romance, there's just something so sweet and loving about them I can never turn away the opportunity to read one. Jesse I felt for from the beginning, he's hard working man with a hard upbringing but he's also a honorable man. Evelyn did what she thought was right and broke off her budding relationship with Jesse and broke his heart and her's in the process. I loved their easy friendship but felt for them for what they lost with each other. I thought the story ...more
Mary
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
One Last Letter is an engaging, lighthearted historical fiction based on Eveyln, a young woman who gives up the love of her life, Jesse, for an opportunity to marry someone with a better financial future. However, she finds that she can’t quite follow through with her plan and she must deal with the consequences of her actions when Jesse reappears on the ranch a few years later. In spite of the difficult situation, a courtship of letter writing begins.

In addition to Jesse and Evelyn's story, a p
Romantic Reads and Such
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually like romances that are centered on situations of miscommunication – they frustrate me and I usually can’t relax enough to enjoy the story. But Donyo does a fantastic job with One Last Letter. The characters are interesting and she really brings to readers the impact of foolish choices made by the young.

Although Jesse and Evelyn have an opportunity for a second chance, their stubbornness and fear of rejection lead to more heartache. I was on the edge of my seat (even though I kne
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Pema Donyo writes a wonderful story filled with love, sorrow, fear, greed, lies, and happiness.

Read full review in the 2015 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Kelly
Katie
Mar 02, 2018
Cyndi Becker
Jan 18, 2019
Pema Donyo is a full-time finance professional, part-time author, and at-all-times coffee lover. She believes creativity can be infused into all endeavors, whether building a brand new story world or solving a quantitative problem. She currently lives in San Francisco. Learn more on her website: http://pemadonyo.wordpress.com

Sign up to receive e-mail alerts for new releases: