Start by marking “The Collar of Freedom (The Collar Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
The Collar of Freedom (The Collar Duet #1)

The Collar of Freedom

(The Collar Duet #1)

Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00KDJNAIW.

Amelia Jones knows the truth; she lives and breathes it every day. The endless monotony of her life is only relieved by the grace of her nephews, which after her sister’s death, she agrees to look after.

That is, until Alexander Reeves walks through the door.

Her new boss is intriguing, charismatic and clearly dr
Published July 2014 (first published May 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Collar of Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collar of Freedom

Start your review of The Collar of Freedom (The Collar Duet #1)
Vip Mehta
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been working with author and closely following the development of this story. I really loved this book. The characters are very rich and complex and very real. I love the story line and how the plot is developed.

What what you do if you had never been loved in your life? Instead your life was put on a path and you accepted it as the past of least resistance. Do you stay within your safety net or do you leap into the unknown and follow you heart and love.

The story is rich with just the righ
RelentlessBookChic Ramblings & Reviews
I read for entertainment, to escape life and experience things I may never realistically do. I love characters that I can relate to and I could certainly relate to Ameila, I think nearly every woman could find some part of themselves in her. It is all too easy to get married, have children and somewhere between being a mommy and a wife forgetting to simply be you.

Now, I do not condone adultery it happens in this book but it is just a book, a story. If that offends you don't read it and then com
Amy Clark
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! 5 Super Shiny Stars, am I glad I got lucky in finding Alexandra Iff!!

I started this book without reading the blurb or knowing much about the story, the title certainly intrigued me and now I can certifiably say I would read anything by this author, this was a Fantastic Debut!

I love stories which contain a HOT Dominate male and Alexander Reeves did not disappoint, he has become a serious Book Boyfriend, move over Christian Grey!!
I got lost in this book from the very first page to the very e
Sandra Love
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! This book was fantastic, hot, sexy and well worth the read. What the author does in this book is pure genius. I really enjoyed the story line and the characters. I don’t read much erotica books, but this book was pretty good and exciting.

You have Amelia who is bored in her marriage, she has fallen out of love with her husband. Then steps in swoon-worthy sexy Alexander Reeves who wants Amelia. Will Amelia give into desire and be with Alexander? Will Alexander push Amelia to her limits and
Kanae
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the words of the Carters, “who wants that perfect love story anyway?”

Ladies and gentlemen, this was not your typical love story. That would be too cliché. This was a story about lust, gluttony, greed, desire, adultery, lies, betrayals, secrets, and passion, and how all those things came together when a man meets a woman whose essence spoke to him. This was more than a story about a dominant and submissive. More than a boss and his subordinate. More than sex. More than love. This was the story
Mayra Statham
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An incredible book. I didn't see so many of the things that happen with Alexander and Amelia. I was pleasantly surprised with the story. Fair warming though, this is not for the faint of heart. You have to go in with an open mind.

Amelia Jones is trying to do what is best for her family, living in a monotonous, non loving relationship with her extremely distant husband. Her new boss brings something to life with in her that she didn't expect. Something raw, real, passionate and exquisitely forbi
Henrika Fanfiction
The Collar of Freedom is a hot and steamy page-turner by Alexandra I. The book will surprise you in every turn and definitely leave you waiting for the sequel!

Amelia is woman trapped in a marriage lacking lust and love. She runs into Alexander, and it turns her world on its head. He pushes her boundaries, gets her out of her comfort zone, with her reward being a simple pair of words - “Good girl” – that push all the right buttons for her. But finding a new dimension to her sexuality, means that
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really great read. I read this in one sitting and I enjoyed every minute of it.

This is a pretty hot read that includes spanking etc

Amelia's life turns upside down when she meets Alexander. In Alexanders own way he shows Amelia what she's been missing out on. Can Amelia break through the wall around Alexanders heart? 1-click to find out.

If your looking for a really hot read with plenty of naughty sex then this is the book for you.
Bloggers From Down Under
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We were very lucky to receive the arc of this book, we have personally never read any of Alexandra’s work so we were very excite about it, we had heard great things about her books and all her work was top notch ratings.

Amelia Jones is a married women who comes across her new boss Alexander Reeves they have an instant connection something Amelia has never felt with her husband of 10 years.

Alexander shows Amelia how to live again he takes her on a life changing journey he being a Dom and she beco
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I wasn't sure what this book was going to be like but I was pleasantly surprised. Amelia is a character I could relate to , not 100% but enough to be invested into the story when all the big twists and turns came. She is in a loveless , boring marriage. Her husband focuses on his art/work and does not pay much attention to her , no sex and just very mundane. They have 2 kids that are very well taken care of but have been away all summer , this was meant to help them reconnect as husband and wife ...more
Yolanda March
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Collar of Freedom by Alexandra I

Amelia Jones is bored in her marriage. She is on the verge of snapping. She is not in love with her husband, she feels she is just his slave. Then Alexander Reeves happens....
Alexander Reeves a powerful, intriguing, smart man, and also Amelia's new boss! Alexander has his own issues, but his big-gest is he wants Amelia - a married woman. Alexander gets what he wants and does not take no for an answer. Will Amelia give in to her desire for Alexander? Will Ale
Xavier Neal
Great read if....you enjoy romance novels, hot sex scenes, submission stories, alpha males, billionaires, CEOs, plot twists, hard situations, falling in love, falling out of love, complicated moments, series, and an HEA!

Side Note: I wanna start by saying there were some really great lines in this book. I mean super hot! There were also some amazing sex scenes that just put a girl in a really good place, lol. However, at times it felt like I was rereading certain books that I had already read. I
Jen Wainwright PA
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This first book in The Collar Duet had me hooked from the start. I immediately liked Amelia, but her husband Thomas, not so much. He seemed just a little on the creepy side to me. More to him than meets the eye perhaps!
When Amelia meets her new boss Alexander Reeves, the sparks are apparent from their first glance. As Amelia was a married woman the 'affair' between the two seemed so wrong, but at the same time so right. It was more than just a few sleazy meets, the love shone through them both.
RBCRRBLOGGER
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know where to start with this review, I'm still recovering from a serious book hangover. Until now, Christian, Gideon, Gabriel and Hudson were my book boyfriends but now it's time for them to move over and make way for Mr Reeves.

The story gripped me from chapter 1 and when I got to the end of chapter 29, I wanted to start at chapter 1 again as I didn't want my journey with these characters to end.

Amelia was such a lovable character and I found myself relating to some aspects of her life.
Debi Kezia
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
let first start off by saying that this is the first book that I've read by Alexandra.
I'm part of several book clubs groups facebook get together whatever you want to call them.... I've seen several differnt people rave abuot this book. (Putting it on my mental list of what to read next.)
A couple weeks ago I "met" her on Facebook at one of the many book parties I attend. She is a very cool and down to earth person. Talking for awhile I've decided to bump her book up on my TBR list for my next b
Sharon Betts
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Amelia is merely existing in her loveless marriage, going one day to the next. But in walks her new boss, causing fireworks, and making Amelia really think about her lacklustre marriage.

The characters are well written, and have depth and complexity. The storyline is good, and you are left wanting to know more at the end of the book. Alexandra I writes hot and steamy scenes well - there's plenty of heat and chemistry between Amelia and Alexander.
Dana
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing more to say other than I personally loved this book. I related to it in more ways than one. Alexander and Amelia will definitely be a couple that I will never forget. Thank you, Alexandra, perfect timing in my life. I needed this book!
Kristin Elyon
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra I is an auto-buy author for me because she knows how to tell a fantastic story with dimensional and relatable characters who draw you in, tug at your heart, and leave you wanting more. Amelia was very easy to relate to and that is important in a book! The Collar of Freedom, the first in a new series by this accomplished author was no different. As anxious as I was to see how she would fair outside of her norm, I was not in the least disappointed. I laughed, I hurt, I rejoiced, I panted ...more
Natalie Haigh
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this is one of the best series books I have ever read not only does it have an incredible story line but the characters are very believable and unbelievably sexy the book is so well written and you get drawn in from the very first page of the story you can sympathise so much with amelia and you will fall income with Alexander believe me I know I did lol I have lost count of how many times I have read this story since I bought it and no doubt I will read it many more times anyone who loves st ...more
Robin Parrish
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is something else. And honestly, it deals with a topic that is a hard limit for me. However, the way it is written I was able to accept Amelia's decisions and even agree with them.
While I was reading this novel the trailer for Fifty came out. I am going to tell you if you liked the elevator kiss in that trailer this has an elevator scene that will make you blush.

The author'a writing style is strong. As the book progressed, I loved seeing Alexander's gentler side. He is a strong alpha
Tami czenkus
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nothing is what it seems! Being married doesn't always mean that there is happiness within. It is true when they say you always want what you can't have. Amelia is "happily" married or so she thought with 2 wonderful twin boys and she is content with the life she has with her husband, that is until Alexander awakens the women inside of her she didn't know was hidden.
I absolutely LOVED this book, Alexandra rips every emotion out of you and the steam level is through the roof.
Just when you thought
OfficeLadyProbz
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia has been the supportive wife and mother for 10 years. In this marriage Amelia discovers "I am alone, but really can I be more lonely than I already am." It's a sad realization. She wonders-- is this all there is to my life? I guess I'm happy - I don't know anything else.

Well let me tell you Amelia (and her panties) find that something else and that would be her boss, the sexy Alexander who introduces her to new feelings and a whole new world. I need to find a sexy boss of my own. :)

This
K.A. Hunter
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I did not want this book to end!! I LOVED it! The author pulled me in immediately then magically transferred me into Amelia and Alexander's world. My BFF read it, recommended it to me and less than 24 hours after buying it, I'm done and recommending it to you.

I always believe in honest reviews and will say that I don't normally read books that have to do with adultery but something about this one made me forget that was even an aspect. I cannot wait until the next installment comes out in Decemb
Theresa Bowron
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra I love your books! The Collar of Freedom hits close to home for me. This book is absolutely awesome! The more I read Alexandra's books the more I love her! She is my new favorite female author!. I love the way this book has twists and surprising turns. And Alexander Reeves WOW! It keeps you glued to the pages seeing what happens next! I can't wait for the second book! I am jumping up and down impatiently waiting ! :) Thank you for another 5-Star read Alexandra! I will read anything you ...more
Catherine Coffman
This is a love story. When I looked at the cover I thought it would be another dom/sub story but it's far from that. Don't get me wrong there is some dom/sub parts in it but it more than that, it's a great love story where Ameila finds herself and the great love that she deserves. A must read. It is book one of two but there's not a big cliff hanger. Hopefully the next book tells us more about Ameila, Thomas and Alexander.
Ordlas
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a ride! The beginning of this book is full of hot, steamy sex and just when I was beginning to wonder if there was more than that, it goes from zero to sixty like a Lamborghini.

The hot steamy sex continues but there's also a lot of interesting twists to the story, told from the POV of Amelia, who really, really, really, loves cars. I mean, she's REALLY into cars. So much that, well, read the book and find out for yourself.
Kelley - Romancing the Pages
LOVE!!

I had my ups and downs with this book. It took me a little bit to get with the story and there were many places that I considered stopping in the first few chapters but once I got with the story, I loved it. I was not a fan of Alexander at first but once he started opening up, he was great. I felt for Amelia being in such an awful marriage but gave her so much credit for thinking of her children above all else. ]

Cannot wait for the next book!

5 STARS!
Alison Hucker
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yes I like my erotic tales but I love a good story to go with it and this book delivers both,the story line flowed keeping me interested in where it was heading and I enjoyed the way the characters were written,I will definitely recommend this book to friends and can't wait to read more from this author.
Sheri Denney
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story so much. I couldn't put it down. Alexander is a great book boyfriend. I hate that I finished the book.
Leela
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Word

Alexander and Amelia. What starts off as an instant attraction turns into a roller coaster ride of emotions. This book will hook you from page one! A must read.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add new cover for my book 3 28 Jul 08, 2014 01:21AM

• Beyond Measure (Ruthless Doms #2)
  • Under His Rule
  • At His Will
  • Tease Me: A Dark Billionaire Mafia Romance (Dark Odyssey Book 1)
  • Priceless (Ruthless Doms #1)
  • Rough Cowboy
  • Betting on Bailey (Playing For Love #1)
  • Messing with Miki (Playing For Love, #5)
  • Held: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Daddy Bear (Montana Daddies, #1)
  • San Francisco Longing
  • Taken as Collateral (Mafia Masters, #2)
  • Leather & Lace (Trident Security, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Taken By Them (Descent into Darkness, #5)
  • Desire (The Dark Christmases Trilogy Book 2)
  • Girl on the Edge
  • Make Me Yours (Billionaire's Sub, #2)
Alexandra, a singing and dancing force not to be reckoned with, especially when she holds a microphone, is someone who imagined her life will be just like in the film 'Grease'. So she found her 'Danny', married him and right at this moment she's admiring the Grease Lightning.
When she isn’t glued to her trusty laptop creating magic, Alexandra prowls the pits of twitter … find her there if you dare.

The Collar Duet (3 books)
  • The Collar of Sacrifice: The Collar Duet, Book 2
  • The Collar Duet

News & Interviews

“Love …is not enough. It’s something deeper, stronger, and harder, almost painful. Something I want to keep inside of me forever, but at the same time throw it away because I know having it so deep and feeling it so strong can only be detrimental for me. I have others to think about. I have a different kind of priority.” 5 likes
“I want you wet for me at all times. I don't know when I might want to fuck you.” 4 likes