Start by marking “Blue Rose (The Noru, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Rose (The Noru, #1)

Blue Rose

(The Noru #1)

WARNING: This book contains a scene in chapter 12 that is for mature audiences only. Readers can skip this chapter without missing any info vital to the plot.

Pryor is a fourteen-year old Angel with fiery red hair, quick temper and a “take charge” attitude; she leads a team of powerful Angels called “Noru”. But when teammate and hottie, Aaden, breaks her heart; she runs aw
Published July 6th 2014 (first published July 1st 2014)

Emma L
Jan 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Nothing works with this novel, and I wish there was a lower rating than 1/5 because it doesn't even deserve that. Sure, the cover is pretty, but you can slap a bow onto a pile of shit, it doesn't change the fact that it is still very much a pile of shit.
Meghan
Nov 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
no, just no. this book is a shining example of why the doctors office has a poster saying 1 in 4 teen girls already has an std. and wtf- let's write a book for 14 year olds and have that chapter in there for what? eew. and gross. 14 dude? yucky. and don't get me started on the screw the world, I have to save my friend and then in the last half of book, well I guess I have to kill an innocent person if that's what the world needs. there is WAY better indie books out there. go find them. save your ...more
Lindsay
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Toni Michelle-Editor
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Noru is a new series by Lola StVil and is a follow up to The Guardians (7 books in this series). The Noru are the children of The Guardians and are set up as a team to do as their parents did, protect Heaven from demons while keeping the humans clueless as to their existence. There is a tiny problem. The team is not a team. Pryor was supposed to be the leader. But she was scared and deserted her friends and teammates on the big day that would give them permission to fight evil. Silver, well, ...more
Dingleberry
Jan 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: january-2015
Annie
Jan 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
The book wasn't well written and the content was awful. I can't accept that every good review wasn't written by a teenager or friends/family of the author.
Karen
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is a good book. I liked it but I don't have the feeling it stole my heart even though it has me very intrigued. I don't understand lot of things but those I do, got me thinking that people tend to suppose a lot of things on their own. This f**** judmental society its the worse.

To my lovely sister who didn't like the book I may say I have no clue why that happened, no matter how old you are this book is cool, perhaps for someone older is a light reading but it doesnt make it less interesting .
Jenny Whetzel
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am surprised this has so many low star reviews, I didn't think it was all that bad. In fact, I really liked it! This is a young adult book and I believe this is the first time that I have read anything by this author. I am very tempted to continue the series! I can see how some people rated it low by how Pry and Silver don't communicate the greatest (because I also find it frustrating) but I think it is just part of the characters. There is quite a bit of swearing and as it mentions, chapter 1 ...more
~Mindy Lynn~
Jun 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Kindle Freebie on Amazon 6/26/17
Lynn
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for this one.. but these kids... I can't. I thought I was listening to a comedy.. I don't think that's what this author was going for. The narrator just wasn't right.
Tamara
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blue rose

This was a great telling of angels and the need to save humans. Randy is a special human boy . can he survive this new life thats been given to him
Sycho
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF. Well, I made it to 83% but can't do anymore. This could be a really great story with some revisions. The characters are way too young (14yo) for all the drinking, drugs and sex they have. And really, no young person reading is going to skip the chapter labeled mature. Just telling 14 year olds to skip to the next chapter because of mature content is going to ensure they read that one chapter over and over.
Helen Tran
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is a bit inappropriate so i wouldn't exactly recommend this book to everyone.

The prelude of this series is "The Guardians," also written by Lola St.Vil. The Guardians were teenage angels who protected the Bridge (The bridge was a bridge that had two paths, Light and Darkness. When humans die, they are sent to the bridge to choose whether to go to the light or the darkness). There would be 6 teenage angels who protected the side of Light, making sure everything goes right,
Isha Kamara
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Noru: Blue Rose
This book was not recommended to me, but looked very interesting. The cover is what brought me to read the book because it is a face of an average redheaded girl. But when you read the book, that “normal” looking girl is actually a very powerful angel who was born to protect humans and the world from all evil. Overall, the book was exciting and brought me to the point that I would want to read the rest of The Guardian Series.
I enjoyed reading the book from the beginning to
Julie
To be fair, I started reading this book thinking that it was an "adult" romance. Well, I quickly became aware that this is a book for young adults/teens. It does involve some romance, and there is one chapter that wades into more "adult" relations. However, overall, it remains "PG". The story begins a series focused on the children of Angels and other supernatural beings and in particular a small group of very special and very powerful offspring lead by a pubescent and turbulent young female. Th ...more
Eris
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I will admit that I only got about half way through this book before I gave up on it. I feel bad about admitting that but I just could not get into this book. I tried, really I did.

The idea of the story had a lot of potential. It is about a 14 year old girl named Pryor (Pry) who is an Angel. She lives on earth with her Angel parents pretending to be human. One day she finds out that her best friend Randy is destined to die so she decides she is going to get all of her Angel friends, who she aba
Puscas Mircea
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't really know why I chose to read this book , but I'm so glad I did !
I liked it a lot from the beginning till the end .
This is the first book I've read from this author , but the writing was so good . I liked the way the characters were described , the chosen places and the fights between angels and demons . It has funny moments , sad moments , moments filled with action , what could you want more ?
In my opinion any teenager would enjoy this book . The story is so good , you never get ti
Hope
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's over!!! This is an awesome book from the first to the last page! There's danger, adventure and excitement! There's romance, sweet and sigh-worthy moments. Tears of joy, laughter and sadness. This book has it all! I'm so glad there's a sequel!
Tina
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
It's just the beginning of the Noru's story and adventures.
Kimberly Westrope
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
There are many things I like about this book. First, the fantastic cover -it's really beautiful and drew me to the book with enough interest that I decided to read it. I have never read a paranormal, angels vs. demons book before, and I have to say I really enjoyed this one. It is non-stop action with interesting characters.

I thought, at first, that the characters were a bit older than they actually are. I don't really think this should be considered as a novel for teen readers, as most of the
Krista Heit Valentine
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

The "Blue Rose" is a spin off of the Guardian series, a story of the children of the Guardians who, because of who their parents are, are more powerful than normal children.

The kids in this series are supposed to be about 14 but really act about 17ish. I want to say that the author made the kids 14 but portrayed them as younger as the Norus (name given to the Guardians children) age much faster. Sam being only 4 was still a kid but far above any normal level of intelligence.

They are str
Da'ad
I'd have given this 2 stars due to the too-adult nature of the book and the supposed youngsters in it. Messed up as hell! But I enjoyed myself when I suspended the fact that these individuals were 14 and 15 years old and so it's a 3 (I would have been too disgusted otherwise to go on). So it would have been 4 stars if the age was more appropriate considering the crap that goes on in here. What are you teaching the youngsters who read these books??? Sexual awareness and world savviness is one thi ...more
Breezy Sky
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

If you have a thing for fantasy paranormal this is a book for you. I wasn't aware that it's a spin off of the guardian series. The Girl . being the first and sadly only book I have read so far in the guardians series, only because I haven't the cash to purchase the books
:( ,yet, first is free*!* I love how the characters are the children from the guardian series*!* left with a serious cliff hanger. I can not wait to see what happens with the blue rose*read it,I don't do spoi
Mariana P-Murray
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
already better than the Guardians series. that's good... right?
the editing errors are here too, so that's annoying but the storyline seems great of so far.
Pryor and the Noru are really good characters and Though her and silver are going through the petals (she loves me, she loves me not...) at least it's entertaining for now.
I can already see a little better triangle forming and I'm not sure I'm going to like it.
The book has potential though, which gives me hope for the series. we'll see.
Maureen Hoar
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Young adult with adult problems

I liked this book. The twists in the plot is compelling. The characters are well developed yet very immature. Pryor is suppose to be a leader yet she is so young and petty. She is not mature enough to be dealing with battles, sex and loss. These characters are all inept at dealing with so little parental guidance yet they are left to deal. Its all a cluster of drama and pettiness. I look forward to seeing them grow in future books.
Mcf1nder_sk
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
A book about angels, demons and the war against the new evil is an interesting premise, but this novel really didn't do it for me. Perhaps is the characters weren't so obviously the stereotypes they were intended to be, the story may have been an easier read. The plot was decent, but this entire book could have been written from a template of the standard teenage supernatural romance.
Enaya
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god this book KILLED ME!!!!! I love the fact that, although it deals with the forces of good and evil personified, it does so in a way that is refreshing and not at all cliché. The fact that so much happened in the first book, and that the characters all developed in different ways had me hooked. Can't wait to read the rest of the books!
ClockworkBookworm
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-ebook, own, finished
2.5 -

This book is problematic. The premise is interesting, the mc is 14, but subject matters are too old and the mature content is inappropriate for that age, continuity issues and errors etc numberous. I May read the next book as I was told it improves, but I am not sure.
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a roller coaster of emotions. I am so excited about this book and the rest of the series.
If you love angels and demon stories, you will want to read this.
Cheryll Lim
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Though the concept was interesting, i did not like the fact that young kids who are barely teenagers are having hot steamy sex whenever they can sneak it in. Not recommended for young adults!
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Desert Heart (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #4)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Sword of Mercy (La Patron's Sword, #2)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Desires of a Full Moon (Rise of the Arkansas Werewolves #3)
  • Accidentally Yours
  • Alpha Wolf (Black Mesa Wolves #2)
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
  • Pure Claim (The Sigma Menace #5)
  • Captured (Serenity, #3)
  • Bound by the Moon
Hi!

This is my debut novel "Guardians:The Girl" It is a story about a girl who has to save the world by staying away from the guy she loves.

The Noru (7 books)
  • The Last Akon (The Noru, #2)
  • Fall of the Chosen (The Noru, #3)
  • When Angels Break (The Noru, #4)
  • Ways of the Wicked (The Noru #5)
  • Rise of the Alago (The Noru #6)
  • Rage of Angels (The Noru #7)
“Everyone’s broken; some are just better at hiding the cracks…” 6 likes
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.--Mark Twain” 5 likes