Start by marking “Edge of Falling (Falling, #2)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Falling (Falling, #2)

Edge of Falling

(Falling #2)

For Chance, there's always only been Dakota.

He's been in love with the girl since the day they met. He's tried everything to get her to notice him and nothing has worked. So when things suddenly start moving in the right direction, Chance can't believe his luck.

Until Kyle comes along.

Kyle is like a new shiny toy and Dakota loves new and shiny. She falls for the tall,
Published August 13th 2014 (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Falling, please sign up.
Valia Lind HI! Thanks :) And YES! There is going to be book 3! I'll be making an announcement soon, so look for that :)

Start your review of Edge of Falling (Falling, #2)
Valia Lind
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I may be slightly bias, but I loved writing Chance and Dakota's story!
Missy Taylor
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the second book in the Falling by Design series from Valia Lind. To find my first review follow this link http://www.amidsummernightsread.com/?... . I loved Falling by Design and I love Edge of Falling, so basically I want Valia Lind to continue writing so I can continue loving everything she does. I was looking forward to reading Chance and Dakota's story after the first book and was not disappointed. I felt all sorts of feels while reading this. I was happy, sad, nervous, angry, jealou ...more
Barbara
Review to come!
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Edge Of Falling is second in a series. Though reading the first book isn't that necessary, I would advice to read it so you can enjoy this novel more. And because that's where the main characters here first showed up. You see, on Falling By Design (Falling #1), they were just secondary characters (and they were great!) And now they have their own novel..

...and it sucked. UGH. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SWOONY AND I SHOULD BE FLAILING AND SIGHING ans stuff but NO. I am frustrated. Frustrated by this
diana
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Cover Reveal and Giveaway! Click here.

I received an e-arc of the book from the author to read and review.
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I was a huge fan of Brooklyn and Grayson. I still am. But now I'm Dakota and Chance's newest fan.
Friendship was not an easy feat for Chance and Dakota. So just imagine what it would be like between these two when they realize they might have romantic feelings for each other. It was messy, sweet and thrilling.
I love how easy it felt to fall in love with both their cha
Kissed by Ink
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This isn't your typical boy meets girl, they fall in love, and live happily ever after kind of story. Dakota and Chance have been quasi-friends for years. Each of their best friends found true love together, but not these two.

The tension between Chance and Dakota is palpable. You can feel the internal struggle with their pasts and the long-term effects parent issues have on them.

In the end, you'll be rooting for these two!

Valia writes beautiful, heart wrenching scenes that leave the reader wanti
Barbra Mae
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Sometimes the greatest gift you can give someone is letting them into your life.”

OMG so. This book was EXTREMELY predictable. I was always two steps ahead of Chance and Dakota. But holy crap this hit me right to the feels!!!!! ♥
Jessie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Enjoyable enough, but not as good as the previous book in the series. While I'd read the first one again, I can't say the same about this one.
Kirke
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
While it isn't absolutely necessary to read Falling By Design first, they can be read separately, I do believe you will enjoy Edge Of Falling more if you do. We met Chance and Dakota in the previous book and while I wouldn't call what they have a relationship or even a friendship, but whatever it is, it's volcanic. They are always at each other's throat, not in a hurtful way, though always pushing the other one's buttons.

For Chance this behaviour kind of hides how he really feels about Dakota, w
Grace
2 stars

Again as with the previous book, Falling by Design, grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes make for a frustrating book to read through. Read up to 70% then skimmed the rest.

Going into this knowing that the book is about Dakota and Chance’s story, I had thought that it would be on par with the first book in the series, but I came out disappointed. All these were awesome characters carefully crafted in the first, but they and the story fell flat. Not only was the main couple’s stor
books are love
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love Chance. This guy is the kindest, sweetest most patient guy. Mr. Darcy swoonworthy for sure. the perfect book boyfriend. His love for Dakota has been unrequited for years. Even when she was snarly to him or ignoring him she stayed close to her and her friend. He never wavered always steadfast and always kind. they have a fun banter thing that will have you laugh and smile.

Dakota is dealing with a family situation that has her feel that loving another only causes pain and suffering. With this
Paige
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so disappointed with this book. I read Falling by Design and LOVED it! So you can imagine my excitement when I bought this and it came in the post.
I read it and thought "What on earth was that". I was so confused because Valia Lind is an incredible writer with an awesome writing style, but it felt like someone else wrote this book. It didn't have much structure and was a little bit all over the place, I was going to put it down a few times, but Chance's dad was the only reason I didn't. I
Amanda (Good Choice Reading)
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review to come during Tour.
Giulliana Riva
Jan 01, 2015
Torie
Apr 17, 2018
Amanda Giachetti
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2015
Jenif'r
Dec 13, 2018
Jordynne Volkers
Oct 28, 2014
Young Adult Conte...: #31 Edge of Falling by Valia Lind 3 13 Aug 01, 2016 02:57PM
USA Today Bestselling Author. Photographer. Artist. Born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, Valia Lind has always had a love for the written word. She wrote her first published book on the bathroom floor of her dormitory, while procrastinating to study for her college classes. Upon graduation, she has moved her writing to more respectable places, and has found her voice in Young Adult fiction. ...more

Falling (2 books)
  • Falling by Design (Falling, #1)

News & Interviews