Start by marking “Hard Knox (The Outsider Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Knox (The Outsider Chronicles, #1)

Hard Knox

(The Outsider Chronicles #1)

Knox Jagger. The name inspires resent in every male at Sinclair University, want in every female, and contempt in Charlie Chase.

Charlie can be summed up in three words: independent, independent, and independent. To Charlie, Knox epitomizes everything that’s wrong with college males: prolific one-night stands, drunken senseless fights, and a body that hints at prioritizing
Nook
Published August 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Hard Knox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Knox

Beverly
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

Charlie Chase is not like other college students. She is the star reporter for the Sinclair student paper, and she prides herself on being different. She says what she thinks and doesn’t care who it offends.

Everything changes when Charlie begins working on a piece regarding underage drinking. While at the party someone slips a drug in her drink, and she would have probably ended up another victim of date rape if it wasn’t for Knox Jagger.

Knox has the reputation of Sinclair’s biggest
Drea
WARNING: LONG, RANTY REVIEW AHEAD. ALSO, THERE BE SPOILERS.

I had four main problems with this book.

1. Charlie Chase
Charlie is the most judgmental, annoying, obnoxious, sexist asshole (to women AND men) I have ever had the displeasure of reading about. She constantly slut-shames other women and sees anyone who partakes in casual sex or parties or dresses provocatively as sub-human. At one point, she compares a couple sorority girls to Nazi's. I'm not even kidding.

I hadn't made it to the secon
Laci
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yippeeeee

I've been coming off an "Opposition" high and having a hard time picking something to read. Thank God I cam across this, Nicole never disappoints.

It's what I expected, a very enjoyable read. Nothing to heavy, a very wrapped up read.
Anne OK
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Hard Knox is Williams’s first book in the Outsider Chronicles, although each book in the series is supposedly going to stand on its own.

While working on an article for the college newspaper on binge drinking, Charlie Chase finds herself in trouble at a college frat party, and help arrives in the form of a different type of trouble! Knox Jaggers is the campus bad boy – he’s got the phone numbers and lace panties in his back pocket to prove it – and he’s also the prime suspect in her investigatio
Bookphenomena (Micky)

What an excellent surprise from a book that has been on my kindle for over two years. Admittedly, Nicole Williams is a favourite author, but Knox literally knocked my socks off. This was not your average college-aged romance. This was a book that brought the heroine, Charlie who was such a strong lead in this story. She was being pursued but she stood her ground. Knox, the bad boy that wasn't, had such depth of character and I enjoyed the slow burn between these two. I am so ready to re
Ashleyjo
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery; sexual angst; witty, snarky banter; sexy, troubled, smart badboy; chick that knows who she is and isn't afraid to be herself, regardless of whether anyone likes her or not; great laughs; & sorrow all wrapped in one tightly written package.

I'm usually a verbose reviewer, but I don't want to give one moment of this book away. I will say that I don't think I've ever highlighted so many hilarious and thought-provoking character lines in a book. So, just read it!!!!
Kristal & Charmaine
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
Hard Knox is the latest offering by Nicole Williams. I have enjoyed previous books of hers so was excited to join up to this blog tour. The synopsis grabbed my attention and I jumped into this story as soon as I got it.

Hard Knox is the story of Charlie Chase and Knox Jagger. Charlie is a strong and fiercely independent woman and Knox tends to use, abuse, and leave a trail of discarded females in his wake. So, he's pretty much everything Charlie hates about the world. However, once Charlie's wel
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
**arc kindly received from author in exchange for an honest review and blog tour with T and I at www.twounrulygirls.com **

Full review will be posted for blog tour!! Knox..mmmmmm he was awesome
Megan Fall
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Damaged Goods first and loving it, I had to go back and read Hard Knox. Thank god the books are unrelated and it didn't ruin anything for me. When I started the story I really wasn't sure about it, but as I kept reading it I found it got better and better. Another great read from a great author.
Tahsin
i love love love the sarcasm and all the witty banter that is this book. i feel smarter after reading this book, no joke. i was constantly chuckling from all the banter. it was fucking good.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Hard Knox is book one in The Outsiders Chronicles series and is a New Adult, Contemporary Romance written by Nicole Williams. I was gifted a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review through AToMR Tours .

4.5 Love Drugged Stars!
There’s A New Bad-Boy Book-Boyfriend In Town, And His Name Is Knox Jagger!

The Review:
Nicole Williams does it again, treating us to another fabulous read with a tough-as-nails, intelligent heroine and a sexy,
nick
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Having loved Nicole Williams, Lost & Found series, I was thrilled to find out that she was writing a new NA contemporary series. My interest piqued further when I realized that Hard Knox would tackle an important issue that is perpetuating on US college campuses, date rape.

I usually have no problem connecting with Nicole Williams' main characters, but the main character in Hard Knox was a little irritating. I had a hard time bonding with her because of her unlikeable personality. She was one
Sheyla ✎
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Chase is a college student, she is majoring in journalism and she is always following a good story. She is assigned an underage drinking piece and she finds herself in a place she hates, a fraternity party. Her roommate Harlow was supposed to be her wingman but in the end she must go in alone. Charlie is not very popular on campus due to prior subjects she has written.
The tedium is broken when sexy bad boy Knox Jagger seeks her company.

“The icon, the man, the legend . . . the guy who
Emma
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I need an epilogue.

It’s no secret that I love Nicole Williams writing. One of my favorite things is her ability to write the cutest, sweetest bad boys there are (yes I know it’s an oxymoron but it’s true). Knox Jagger is the product of all my fantasy book boyfriends all rolled into one, think Jude Ryder and Lucas Maxfield mixed together *fans self* OH MY ;)

I’m not going to go into details about the plot because it would seriously spoil it for you, lets just say that not everything is as it seems
Bookwormdrea
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
The Crash series is one of my absolute favorites, so I was so excited for this book. Unfortunately, it did not meet my expectations. Charlie was a judgmental, snarky b@tch. She spends half the book lifting her nose at anyone who has fun in college, especially Greeks. Why would anyone want to hang out with this girl? And, btw, a sorority would never have a party with guys and alcohol at their house, unless they tied up the house mother and wanted to lose their charter. I liked Knox, but couldn't ...more
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
" He was still laughing, but I found myself shifting. I wanted to learn more about Knox. I needed to in order to prove he wasn’t the man Neve was sure he was, but I hadn’t known my exploration of Knox Jagger would take me down such raw, foreign paths. “You can ask me questions too, you know?” I looked up at him. He was already looking at me. “I know.” He rolled his shoulder into the wall so he was angled my direction. “But I don’t have to know the details to like the result.” "

1.75 Stars.

Pfff
Autumn Review
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I ended up liking the characters and the story, but I will say that it wasn't my favorite. It makes me sad to say that and I tried hard to get into it, but it is what it is. Now, I did really enjoy the second book, which can be read as a stand alone, so be sure to check it out. And as always, be sure to check out other reviews for this one. I've seen some favorable reviews out there and just because this didn't win me over, it might be your cup of tea.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Buy Link--->> Hard Knox: The Outsider Chronicles

~~ 4 "Not What You Think" Stars ~~

I have been a fan of Nicole Williams for awhile now, so I was so excited to hear that she was releasing another new series. This one being about "bad boys", who doesn't love a bad boy??? I know I do. Hard Knox is book one in her Outsider Chronicles Series and I thought it was a great start. This book/series I think is going to be very
dreamerinexile
Expect the freaking unexpected 4.5

So this is story about a girl named Charlie and a boy named Knox. They study at the same university but they haven't met but each know about the other. Charlie knows about Knox's man-whoring and Knox knows about Charlie's article that has clearly defined her as rare but really strong and smart, when you think about it, girl. You'll know more when you read this story.

So Charlie is amazing. She's smart, quirky and is honest to a fault. She doesn't let anything ge
writtenbybee
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

photo imagejpg1_zps80994dbe.jpg

I loved Crash so much, I like Eternal Eden and lost and found was better but Hard Knox did not dissapoint. I didn't know if I would be disappointed like I was with Eternal Eden or if I would love it as much as Crash and surprisingly it's in the middle for me.

Charlie is a journalist and Knox is Sinclair's bad boy. They are so different yet at a party Knox strikes up a conversation and surprisingly they get along, well kind of.

A bunch of surprising things happen and Knox saves Charlie,
Buscadora
Jul 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Hard Knox touches on roofies and date rape on a college campus, which is the first time I have come across the topic in this genre. The topic was interesting, but this didn't work for me due to the characters. I couldn't stand Charlie. High and mighty snob- her joking and incessant dialogue was obnoxious. I tried to like Knox but many times his dialogue was unrealistic and rambled like Charlie's. I had to skim parts where Charlie and Knox seemed like the same character talking which was most of ...more
Annette
5 hard Knox Stars!

“So is Knox Jagger a bad boy or a good man? He’s both. He’s neither. He’s a breed all his own”

Hard Knox was amazing! Another great read by Nicole Williams. I was hooked from the very beginning! Loved Charlie Chase her smart ass sarcastic mouth had me lol on several occasions! And Knox definitely earned his favorite book boyfriend status! So read this one ASAP! You won't be disappointed!

And the blurb to book 2 as me wanting some of Will Goods...damaged and all :)
Alexandra
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I've enjoyed it. The writing is engaging, the storyline interesting and the banter between Knox and Charlie is intelligent and funny although sometimes a little over the top and it becomes somehow to much. I've miss a stronger connection between the main characters, in a way that sometimes it didn't feel like a romance. Overall good and entertaining.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4 I love Knox Stars!!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Author and ATOMR

I do really adore Nicole Williams and her bad boys.  Here we have Charlie an inspiring journalist who has a knack and making enemies and keeps everyone an arms length away.   Charlie is many things: independent, STUBBORN, a virgin and tenacious.  As Charlie is trying to undercover and underage drinking story she finds herself being the victim of being roofied not once but twice.   Charlie is determined
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Nicole Williams books - they are always so well written, the characters draw you into the story and Hard Knox a new series was no different.

This book is an example of why people shouldn't assume and that often times there is more than meets the eye.

The reader meets Charlie, a college student and journalist, who is the Queen of skeptics and stereotypes; someone who is always looking for the next big story at school no matter the consequences. Though I wanted to like Charlie, often times sh
Athena Daugherty
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge Nicole Williams fan ever since the CRASH series. Jude Ryder stole my heart and became my #1 book boyfriend and Knox Jagger is a pretty close second. Hard Knox was beautifully written and hooks you from the beginning.

I immediately liked Charlie. She is Sassy and Independent. She is a journalism major and while she was at fraternity party on campus trying to get the scoop on her upcoming article, she finds herself in a sticky situation. This is also where Charlie comes face to f
Hms
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will begin by saying I really enjoy reading Nicole William's books and was thrilled she had a new book. With that said, I will tell you this book(really the heroine) exhausted me. Great subject matter, date rape drugs on a college campus, a strong heroine investigating for her college paper and a super hot conflicted hero. Well the heroine, Charlie, is supposed to be a super strong, independent girl. I found her to be so bitchy, vitriolic and snarky, I skipped some of her dialogue. I will say ...more
axola
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wow, it's been a long time since I was so frustrated by a character. 5 pages into the book and I already disliked the heroine, half into the book I was dreaming about sitting in front of her and telling her some truths to her face. Not that she would mind, after all she is an obnoxious know it all in a higher plane than us mere mortals, but at least it would have given me some peace of mind.

There is a lot of slut-shaming from the heroine to any other woman around. Darling, first of all this is
KRYM
4.5!

Been a long time without reading college romance!

I'm glad I chose Hard Knox to begin again!

Charlie is the opposite of a typical college student, she is a very independent, witty and snarky girl, and a very committed reporter, too.
Knox is a walking stereotype of bad boy and womanizer. Therefore, all of what Charly is against and has been criticizing all her life.
When Charlie is victimized during one of her researchers for the school's paper, Knox and Charlie find themselves spending time tog
Iva
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Don't you just love it when you take a book full of cliches and then you find some pretty intelligent conversation and banter and you can enjoy the cliche? Yeah.. LOVE IT.

• Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Revenge Bound (Tattoo Thief, #3)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • The Upside of Letting Go
  • A Perfect Dilemma (Hope Parish #3; A Perfect Secret, #3)
  • The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac, #7)
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Yours Always
  • Blackout (Lost Girls #1)
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
  • Wild Heart (Wild Heart, #1)
  • Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)
  • The Color of Grace
  • Fierce Series - Boxed Set (Fierce, #0.5-2)
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Undeclared (Burnham College, #2)
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • Hate: A Love Story
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams
Instagram: author_nicole_williams
Twitter: nwilliamsbooks

The Outsider Chronicles (2 books)
  • Damaged Goods (The Outsider Chronicles, #2)
“there was a difference between eating healthy and eating in hopes of one day becoming a plant.” 7 likes
“God, have you got Batman in your blood or something?” 6 likes