Start by marking “Hearts in the Storm” as Want to Read:
Hearts in the Storm

Hearts in the Storm

Struggling with loss and regret, Trista sets out for North Carolina’s Outer Banks, hoping to find peace in her stormy life. Fate and an old golden retriever set her on a path toward healing with an unlikely hero, the man that the locals call “Duck.” Despite his careless and irresponsible behavior, Trista is drawn to him.

Trista discovers that Duck is haunted by the ghosts o
Published 2014 by Bay Rivers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hearts in the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts in the Storm

Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
Throughout my entire life, my mother has always had a one sentence fits all solution to any situation I seemed to find myself in when it came to feeling sorrow or loss. Whether it was enduring what I thought was the greatest heartache I would ever know in the fifth grade when the boy I liked didn’t return those same feelings, to being all grown up on the outside, but still feeling like that fifth grader on the inside and feeling like you somehow still don’t measure up after a series of unfortuna ...more
Valesha
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a touching and heartfelt tale of love, loss, and healing. Duck and Trista both have heartbreaking histories and are dealing in their pasts in very different ways...although both methods are similar due to their destructiveness The two are drawn to each other and eventually find they have more in common than they think.

I read this entire book in about 4 hours. It started very slowly, but by a little over halfway in I realized I was hooked. I needed to know what would happen to them. My he
Sheri
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hearts in the Storm by Elmer Seward

On the Outer Banks of North Carolina, while hurricane Renee is about to hit Trista is there vacationing and trying to deal with her tragic loss from five years earlier. There she meets Duck, a man who is also struggling with a tragic past.

The two meet and Tirsta hires Duck to take her on his boat so she can find closure. But they do not expect to be on the ocean in the middle of a horrific storm. Secrets are revealed that were buried deep and they affect both
Nicola
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
Two suffering souls meet at the seaside. Neither of them are looking for anything more than survival. How can one move forward without being able to forgive them self? How can one move on while continuing to fight their demons on a nightly basis in their dreams?
Trista and Duck have given up on having a productive life. Through tragic events both have lost the will to fight. Duck willingly takes the blame, and hatred, of those around him. Trista longs to reunite at least a part of herself with h
Joood Hooligan
It took me a bit to get into the story. It wasn't that I wasn't liking it, but it was a bit slow for a little while and there are some issues with the editing. But after I did finally connect, I was quite drawn in.

I really liked how the author gave glimpses of the past to help you gradually understand more of what was going on. It made it easier to feel an emotional connection. I'm also quite a fan of an unexpected ending, so that was a bonus as well.

I've had a couple friends who read this book
Meagan Taylor-booth
I was lucky enough to read an advanced copy of this novel, and I really enjoyed it! It had the perfect combination of detail-rich characters and a well-delivered plot. This is the perfect book to read on the beach or tucked on your couch with a warm cup of coffee. It has a little bit of everything - mystery, romance, some funny parts that will make you laugh out loud, and some parts that will fill your eyes with tears. I just loved it.

True story - I was about 3/4 of the way through Hearts in the
elaine m. suda
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep, emotional and exciting

I really enjoyed this story. It was emotional most of the time because so much was kept hidden by Duck. He carried a lot of guilt, but worked his way through it. Tristan had a lot of guilt also but was also freed. The storm was scary and exciting....the rage of hurricanes can leave a lot of destruction and heartache. I truly enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more of Elmer Seward's work.

Bridget
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

This was a nice story. It was worth the read. It was hard to put down once I started reading.
Patsy Fox
Dec 02, 2014
Kagna
rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2014
  • The Devil Makes Three (The Devil You Know, #1)
  • Wishing for Wonderful
  • Spiritually Aligned Leadership, Becoming SELF Centered
  • I Am So the Boss of You: An 8-Step Guide to Giving Your Family the "Business"
  • The Bitcoin Blockchain
  • Collapse of Dignity: The Story of a Mining Tragedy and the Fight Against Greed and Corruption in Mexico
  • Count Me In: How I Stepped Off the Sidelines, Created Connection, and Built a Fuller, Richer, More Lived-in Life
  • Cinderella's Secret Slipper
  • How Wendy Redbird Dancing Survived the Dark Ages of Nought
  • Change Control Diet
  • Kings of New York
  • I'll Be Back Right After This: My Memoir
  • Fish Perfume (Cozy Harbor Marina, #1)
  • Kekaju and the Hidden Swamp
“Duck wasn't sure if it was optimism or fantasy, but hope had been such uncharted waters for him recently that he was having difficulty navigating them.” 0 likes