Start by marking “Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)

Read Excerpt

Saving the Sheriff

(Three River Ranch #3.5)

Previously released as part of the Stranded with a Hero anthology. Now available individually!

The power might be out…but the heat is on.

Every year, free-spirited Frankie Sylva banishes her holiday loneliness with good deeds. This time, she's rescuing a truckload of neglected reindeer—until a blizzard sidetracks her scheme, and now she's stuck…literally.

Local sheriff Red
Published July 28th 2014 by Entangled: Bliss (first published November 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Saving the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving the Sheriff

Roxanne Snopek
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Loved it because I got to riff on old favorite Christmas carols. That was so much fun! (Also, I have to love it, cuz I wrote it. Right?)
namericanwordcat
I wanted to read this book because of the heroine. Who wouldn't like someone who rescued animals? I won't turned down a cabin romance with a hunky sheriff either.

The problem is I got a lot of telling instead of showing in this book and much of the telling was redundant.

This line of books (Entangled Bliss) is low on steam and I am good with that. However, the books have a tendency to be low on passion and emotion between the leads as well. We spend a great deal of time in each characters heads
Carol-Ann
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book and author you will never be disappointed in a book by Roxanne, Loved the humour and the story,Love all the character's in Three River Ranch books,Women who are very feisty and strong character's leaving the men rattled and don't stand a chance,Great chemistry with each character and love the story about each one has they unfold,Book and series not to be missed by this lovely author,
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Saving the Sheriff from Entangled: Bliss via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Cute, funny and filled with lots of snow but still some hotness, Saving the Sheriff is a great Christmas novella.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Lori

Fun, quick, holiday romance. I haven't read the rest of the series and had no problem jumping in on this one. I just happened to pick this up when I was looking for holiday romances and it was free, so I grabbed it. Definitely worth it but I'm on the fence about reading the rest of the series. It was cute but it doesn't have me begging for more from the rest of the characters. Still, a nice little read if you're on the lookout for holiday romances. Also, a pretty clean romance if you do
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 12/10/18)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2sh0mKc

Oh my gosh. So cute. Like, seriously, so flipping cute! Saving the Sheriff... total warm Christmas fuzzies. Yall!

The Gist: Sometimes a girl has to kidnap a herd of reindeer while dressed as an elf. And sometimes the Universe has a merry laugh and she winds up in a snowbank and being rescued by the town's sheriff who's name is Rudolph. Yeah.
Red and Frankie. They were great. They've both found t
Pat
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Frankie Sylva, teacher, volunteer, animal lover, Christmas Elf, is in a rescue attempt way out her comfort zone. It started simply enough, but karma and the weather have done her in. She is stuck in a freezing snow storm, her vehicle is off the road and she's in a flimsy elf costume! Plus, it's Christmas Eve!

Sheriff Red LeClair is spending the Christmas holidays at his friends Carson and Rory Granger's property, Three River Ranch. He is feeding the livestock and horses while they are in Hawaii.
*P
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
3.5 Star Review
This is a novella about Red the sheriff in town and Frankie. Both are alone on Christmas and Frankie's caring but possibly illegal behavior and a blizzard put her on Red's radar. Red dealing with his first Christmas since his divorce is helping Rory and Carson out by helping at Three Rivers Ranch while they are off in Hawaii.

I found that the story moves really quickly between Red and Frankie. It is hard to tell why the two like each other beyond physical attraction. I find that I
Erinne
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I really enjoyed this novel. It was fun, light and entertaining the entire way through. It was wrapped up nicely at the end, and even though I hadn't read any other novels in the series it didn't make me feel I had missed anything. Would highly recommend it.
Katie_la_geek

Review and rating to come.
Linda Walters
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved it! The story had great main characters, an interesting, different kind of plot mixed with a lot of humor. It was also emotional without being so heavy you got weighted down in it. You could feel the loneliness of both of them but also it was easy to care that things would work out for them.
Several of the things Red thought about Frankie, was that she was a cute elf (you'll have to read the book to get more about that). He was also feisty, smiley, intriguing, unsettling and challenging. Al
Sophie (Blogger)
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Frankie Sylva is all about good deeds yet her latest one seems to have gotten her into a little bit of trouble, both with the law and the weather. When she got the idea to rescue some reindeer, she had no idea that she would get stuck in the blizzard. Running into Red LeClair the local sheriff was not part of her plan at all.
Red LeClair was hoping for a quiet festive season but when he runs into Frankie, he gets the feeling that his plans are going to go straight into a ditch, similar to the on
Ayekah
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic little read, I loved it! It had it all, funny, steamy, cold, the shadows and one sassy gal with a huge heart and smarts and one scrooge like Sheriff who snags her on Christmas Eve. He hates Christmas. When a blizzard comes in and strands her, he promptly brings her back to the farm and tries to get her to talk. She's just a pisser. I loved her and him both.
I can't say much because I'll give the story away, but I'm going to read the rest of the series. I love Roxanne and this was just
Heather
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Saving The Sheriff is a quick and fun read that has no harsh cursing and no on-page sex. Frankie was a bit of a hot mess, but she's a hilarious hot mess, so that makes her ridiculously likable. Red was grouchy and closed off, but he was also a really great character, and I found myself rooting for them to find their happily ever after.

This was my first book of Ms. Snopek's, and I really enjoy her writing style. The bits of humor that were weaved in among the sexual tension were awesome, and I l
Jackie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kind of a sweet story, though it was a short story -only took me about 1 & 1/2 hours to read. There were some things that were a bit confusing, like I might have missed something in a previous book, not enough to hurt the enjoyment. The characters were likable, with the odd humor thrown it made for a pleasant read. I did feel the end was rushed. I would have liked this to have been expanded a bit without it seeming like insta-Love between them though.
Eileen
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, nook
Frankie Sylvia & Sheriff Red LeClair
Frankie is caught red handed at the ranch unloading reindeer by Red and they are both caught in a blizzard. What a good match for one another. I liked her positive spin on life and how she wants to do good. How perceptive she is about reading Red so clearly and seeing Red’s pain.
Nice ending with the epilogue and how 6 months later they are making a life together.
M.A. Clarke Scott
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Just finished Saving the Sheriff. Five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Beautifully done. I’m not a huge fan of novellas, prefer a big meaty book, but this one was perfectly paced and believable, with a plausible though zany premise, and left me satisfied. A very sweet Christmas/winter romance with very likeable characters, tho sometimes I could just smack that Bliss for her interfering ways. Don’t know how I’d make out in such a small, tightly knit community. 😉 Really love Red and the fun song lyrics! ❤ ...more
Ellen White
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story he goes by Red, short for Rudolph, she has elk outfit on. Doing good deeds at this time of year, to off set the loneliness. Letting reindoor loose, rig and trailer not hers, and she is stuck. Who finds her, but the sheriff, taking her back to his house. With out power, could they find more, as the time goes by and she can't leave. Readers will enjoy this cute story.
Tracy
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
This was a great Christmas story! Frankie gets stuck in a snow drift with a truck that is not hers with a trailer attached. Red is staying at Three River Ranch while the owners are away and finds Frankie. Due to the blizzard, Red takes her to the house instead of jail. Frankie's enthusiasm for the holiday thaws Red's heart! Christmas romance at it's best!
Victoria
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've a smile on my face!

I throughly enjoyed this quick visit to Three River Ranch. The characters were wonderful and real and kept my intetest throughout. A lovely Christmas novella which I recommend you read 😊
Nancy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lonely-hearted sheriff rescues a Christmas elf

Two lonely hearts meet in a blizzard at Christmas. Let a little Christmas magic warm your heart with this beautiful story. Highly recommended!
Meryl
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

A very sweet snowed in at Christmas story. The sheriff is spending his first Christmas alone after his divorce by looking after his friends wild mustang sanctuary. Along comes an elf who is saving five ‘Rudolphs’ from the slaughterhouse.
Donna Huber
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Roxanne Snopek is one of the authors who writes in the Marietta, MT universe, so when I saw this free short story in a different series of hers I thought I would give it a chance. As far as clean romances so, I liked it.
Cynthia
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

He was watching a friends ranch, she was rescuing some elk. They meet in a snow storm. He is lonely & so is she. Great Christmas love story.
Marilyn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the snow that caused one one young woman to get lost in the ice and snow.the woman who wanted to save animals.
Amary Chapman
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Sweet contemporary western romance, ending in a second chance at love for 'Red' and the first living and close relationship for Frankie.
Enjoyable read...over top quickly.
Andie
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, funny and sweet. I put the other books in the series on my to be read list.
Kimberly Givan
Ok

It was short and sweet.
Frankie was funny adorable. Red was grumpy and smitten.
I don't mind these quick feel good stories.
Home. Love. Books.
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

This book was super adorable and awesome. I love me some Christmas tales, and I really like books where two people end up stuck together for an extended period of time by themselves, it makes for the perfect recipe for romance. Plus the heroine in this book is kind of an animal crusader, and I love it.

So Frankie found out from some animal activist groups about this guy who basically help like a roadside zoo over C
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • White-Hot Holiday (Real Men, #2.5)
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • The Bouquet List
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • The Marriage Match (Suddenly Smitten, #3)
  • Montana Christmas (Montana, #3)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Love Him or Leave Him (Small Town, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • The Doctor's Fake Fiancée (Red River, #3)
aka Roxanne Willems-Snopek.

USA TODAY bestselling author Roxanne Snopek writes contemporary romance both sexy and sweet, in small towns, big cities, on secluded islands and sun-drenched beaches, with families and communities that will warm your heart. Her fictional heroes (like her own real-life hero) are swoon-worthy, uber-responsible, secretly vulnerable and occasionally dough-headed, but animals

Three River Ranch (6 books)
  • Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
“You're pretty low maintenance, as women go."
"I am, am I?" She sounded amused.
"Yeah. Like a cactus.”
3 likes
“Consider me your rescuer, not your jailer," he said to Frankie, without looking at her. His gut told him that, on the criminal mastermind scale, this one landed closer to Tinker Bell than Lizzie Borden.” 2 likes