Start by marking “Stitched (Rylee Adamson, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Stitched (Rylee Adamson, #8.5)

Stitched

(Rylee Adamson #8.5)

NOTE: ***This novella falls between Wounded (#8) and Rising Darkness (#9) and should be read BEFORE reading (#9).***

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

When the dust settles, my heart feels as though i
ebook
Published March 17th 2015 by HiJinks Ink Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Stitched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitched

Start your review of Stitched (Rylee Adamson, #8.5)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a general rule, I skip novellas. However, as I was flipping through the opening pages of Book 9, I came across an author's note that stated that it would be a VERY good idea to read STITCHED before getting started. So, may it be noted that although I don't listen to my husband, I will blindly follow Shannon Mayer. I wasn't thrilled with the price tag mind you because at only 100 pages it's selling for the same dollar amount as the first three installments. I enjoyed learning about how Faris b ...more
Beth
Holy Hot Tamale! How did Mayer's pack so much in this novella? Talent, Talent, Talent is the obvious answer.

Whisked away for the birth and the safety of the babies, this short is Rylee's time in and out of the hidden sanctuary.

Some new characters, some old reliable and some totally tear jerking moments surrounded by the intense action we've come to expect from Mayer.

Its rare a novella enacts an emotional response, but Stitched utterly trapped me in its emotional web. Brilliant Novella, if you a
Jessica Frances
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. Loved the scenes with Rylee and Zane, with Erik and also Blaz. I also loved being introduced to Peta. I might be reading this in the wrong order, but I have seen Peta in book two of Mayer’s other series, The Elemental Series. So that was a nice connection. From the news of Rylee’s pregnancy back a few books ago, I have been terrified about what was going to happen. So I love that the reader has been given some hope that things might not go bad. I hope that remains the case. A must ...more
Pamela
The story continues and so do my tears. Without a doubt, one of the most amazing paranormal series!
Shelly Reddinger
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure if I wanted to stop and read this novella and I'm so glad I did. There was so much going on in this short book that you won't want to miss before starting book 9.

This book basically takes you through Rylee pregnancy and takes you around where she is staying safe. You meet some new characters and go on a small mission.

This is worth reading and is a great addition to the main storyline. I don't want to say to much more or I will be giving key points away from the book. If you are re
Barbara
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby girl...

So glad I read this novella about Rylees ' pregnancy before getting further into book 9. She always has a timeline and I was pleased to see how she dealt with a shortened pregnancy since the veil was only closed for 6 months. Back to reunite her family before taking on Orion.
Barb Shuler
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am excited I finally was able to catch up and read Stitched! I was frothing at the mouth and it did not disappoint at all! I love Rylee and this struggle she has that goes back and forth is heart wrenching and exhilarating at the same time. Shannon has, once again, nailed this one to the awesome tree! I can’t wait for the next installment!

***small spoiler alert***

Rylee is in a state of shock, heartache and anger. Liam lost his life to save her and their child. Lost in her own world of grief sh
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Stitched is book 8.5 in the Rylee Adamson series and cannot be read as a stand alone. You need to go back to the beginning and start with book one Priceless which is currently free on Amazon.

Stitched picks up where Wounded left off, and Rylee is in a state of utter grief and devastation. It brought tears to my eyes to feel her pain. Her losses have been so devastating and she is expected to keep giving more of herself.

Stitched takes us on an a quest and like always Rylee is flying by the sea
Megan
I never read novella. I find them pointless and boring this one however is neither pointless or boring.

I really enjoyed this novella. Its a little snippet into her life when she isn't being hunted by demons and I liked the fact we saw characters from our Elemental series.

I'm still trying to decipher if I've read the books in the correct order. Its not very easy to follow. Elemental is almost a prequel to the series but also a story in parallel. I wish it was easier to figure out which books in t
Jaime Jeffrey
This just whet my appetite & I'm interested to see how Shannon brings Larkspur in. I'm waiting on the next book w bated breath. I love Rylee! ...more
Amy
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rylee-adamson
This was a good read. I enjoyed getting to learn more about Faris, his backstory is not what I expected.
Mary
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this one felt complete

in a way many of the others haven’t quite. I’m not sure if that’s because it’s Rylee’s life, with all the rushing around, desperately fighting off Evil and suffering horribly in the meantime, or what, but to me, none of the other books felt quite closed/finished/complete. This one does. Maybe it’s actually that Rylee is finally in a place where she feels hope and determination; knowing how hard it will be, but also why she’s fighting and who that fighting is for. She’s gott
Debbie Turk
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well Worth Reading!!📚🌟
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This novella starts as soon as they arrive back from the castle!!😭😭 The grief is overwhelming and Rylee's anger is choking her 😕 She's been told in a letter to only take Blaz, Cayote, Zane & Erik that no one else can know where or especially why she's leaving!! Poor Alex is heartbroken to be separated from Rylee 😢 Pamela is convinced Rylee will hate her when she discovers her part in Liam's passing - this fear & self loathing has the potential f
Damie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jenny Schultz
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No compassion

Ruled is supposed to be this loving person. But she has no empathy no compassion for anyone else's feelings or needs. She is so cold. It is hard to see the love she is suppose to have. Her love is all so selfish. Only what she cares about and needs. Even those who she is suppose to love she doesn't care about there feelings what they need. The whole it's based on love doesn't really hold water. She is just a hard are uncaring wrapped up in her life responding to emergency in a knee
Simoné
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t know what to expect from this novella. It seemed necessary to read so after Wounded I dived right in. I loved it.
Faris, Blaz, Erik and so many more new characters return in this short story that takes places between Wounded and the next novel. This is the one where Rylee comes to terms with all that she dealt with and learned and must deal with it. At the same time we get a small glimpse into the history of Faris and why he is how he is. I loved it and would have loved a book about him.
Debbie borrego
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always enjoyable suspenseful funny good book. Hope someone will pick up the habit I have enjoyed reading about Rylee. It's been a good ride. I'm glad you are a wonderful writer. Suspens funny, emotional, and interesting. Love your writing.

I chose this review because it interested me and I kept up with the next book in line and haven't put them down. I love your emotion that you put in words. You also have a flare of comical tactics and love in the stories. Great reading.

Angel
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Really good and really important

This novella was really good but also some huge important things happen. I don't know why she didn't just make this the beginning of the next book. Especially since amazon doesnt even list tbe novellas in the series. I had to find out it exists from goodreads and they didn't even have a link to it. For such an important part of the story the novellas all should be either included at the beginning of the novel that comes after each one, or listed in the series whe
Mirinda Turner
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Novella

I enjoyed Stitched very much. It dealt with Rylee’s grief, helped her to develop into the warrior she needs to be to fight Orion. The small adventure her and Blaz went on to get the ingredients needed for the spell was clever and fun. Getting to Know a little more of Faris was insightful. Glad Rylee performed the spell to give her a little more time with Marcella. The six months reprieve was definitely needed and written very well.
Michele Henderson
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rylee finally gets a rest before the big battle.

Rylee seeks a hidden secure magic hideaway till the time to face Orion. Rylee learns alot about herself being isolated in this hideaway. She trains and readies herself for the future battle. I'm on to book 9. I can't tell you enough to start this series
Ashley
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella!

I loved this side story as Rylee healed and took the tie she needed to train up and be with her daughter. I also loved the back story on Faris no was happy to gain understanding of how he could do certain things and his past with some other characters! This is a great addition the the rest of the series and I’m anxious to start the next book!
Angela
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait!

After this one I can't wait to see what comes next. Is it the end like this alludes to, or it it just the beginning of the end.

JUST READ IT! That's all you need to know about this book. The baby being born is the biggest prize.

And so on I read...
Michelle Shaw
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peace for the moment

I enjoyed the break in the fast paced world of Rylee & family. It definitely will be a welcome bridge to the continued saga of craziness that is Rylee's life & mission.
Amanda
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short story that seems like it might just be an in between book of the series, but is actually important to the storyline. Short, of course, but well written. It actually covers more time than the full length books in the series, plus you get backstory on two of the peripheral characters.
Amanda
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this novella! I’m glad we got to find out Faris’s story. It definitely was not what I was expecting. I also enjoyed the tie in to the elemental series as we get closer to the big showdown. I feel much more hopeful after getting my heart crushed in Wounded.
Mary
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect novella! A must read!

Shannon Mayer brings more heart wrenching moments from Rylee’s life along with healing and some closure for her. The best part is finding out more about Faris. Oh, it’s so good!
Alexandra Dresel
A definite must read in this series!

Heartbreaking, heartwarming, and heart-healing must read in this series. So filled with hope which this series needed at this time, as expected from a masterful storyteller!
Stephanie Serrano Hargrove
Short and Sweet

Story continues from book 8. You learn more about Faris even though he is just still always looking for himself. But there is no way I would want my pregnancy to end so quickly. Great story.
Catherine Marie Meyer
So Sad

This is truly a sad story, but also a very happy one because it's when Marcella is born and when Faris calls Liam's soul to join his soul in his body so Liam inherits Faris'body when Faris dies in Blood of the Lost. This is a very good in between book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • Sin & Lightning (Demigods of San Francisco, #5)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • Siege (The Warrior Chronicles, #5)
  • Invasion (The Warrior Chronicles, #4)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Natural Dual-Mage (Magical Mayhem #3)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • Jonas (Darkness, #7)
  • Overtaken (The Warrior Chronicles, #6)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

News & Interviews

“You will see. Pain and love, they are married. But without pain, love would not be powerful like it is.” 1 likes
“They were young for monks, I could see it on their faces, the smooth skin, and belief in their eyes that all was well with the world. Boy, were they going to get a fucking shock as the world shit all over that.” 0 likes