Start by marking “One True Heart (Harmony, #8)” as Want to Read:
One True Heart (Harmony, #8)

One True Heart

(Harmony #8)

New York Times bestselling author Jodi Thomas takes us back to Harmony, Texas—a small town where love blooms and secrets of the past threaten to alter the future…

Millanie McAllen is always logical. But after returning to her childhood home, she learns that some things are beyond explanation—like her undeniable passion for Drew Cunningham…

After finding success as a singer o
Published April 7th 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about One True Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One True Heart

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at Smexybooks

One True Heart is about trust, forgiveness, and working through the past in order to have a future. Six lives are intertwined through chance when four people are lured to Harmony and find themselves embroiled in a mystery. The story starts out strong as we meet each character and learn their backstory.

Captain Millanie McAllen and Drew Cunningham have both experienced and survived life altering tragedies. Harmony offers them a
Betty
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ONE TRUE HEART

Jodi Thomas
Berkley
April 2015

After twelve years in the army Captain Millanie McAllen is now a civilian and returning to her hometown of Harmony, Texas for some rest and rehabilitation. Millanie suffered a career ending leg wound, and at the present she has no immediate plans for the rest of her life. Arriving late at night in Amarillo, the car rental agency at the airport has already closed and Millanie accepts a ride to Harmony with a man also waiting on his bags at the luggage car
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Autry's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I loved Jodi Thomas’s latest installment in her Harmony, Texas series. This book lived up to everything I had hoped for, and it will for many more readers. I was so excited for all of the characters in this novel, they were all there….Preacher, Rea, The McAllens, the Mathesons, Martha Q, Beau along with a host of new characters to love. It amazes me how Jodi Thomas can add more depth and more characters yet maintain the small town atmosphere.
Julie
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
My review for One True Heart by Jodi Thomas will be featured on Romancing the Book Blog in the very near future. Look for it at http://www.romancingthebook.com
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Julie
Book provided by Netgalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I don’t know what it is about small town secrets and romance, but I never get tired of reading them. The town of Harmony may be tiny but a lot more happens here than people realize.

In this eighth installment of the series we have three couples to get to know. First up is Millanie, a captain in the army who is badly injured and must return to civilian life. As she enters the closest airport she is nearly spe
Dija
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
a wonderful, heart-warming series overall. i must've spent the past couple of months with these books alone, and i'm sad to see the journey come to an end. highly recommended!
Kathryn
4.5 stars. One True Heart by Jodi Thomas is #8 in her Harmony series, and I have read and loved them all. As I began I was a little unsure as there were a few new characters in town and I so love all those ones I know. However - hooked on the first page! Jodi Thomas deftly orchestrates the characters, and in no time at all I was happily treading the streets of Harmony. And there were little glimpses of many of the characters I love.

Millanie, returning to Harmony after being wounded in war, tired
Marina
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love small town stories and this is why I picked up this book at my local library branch. As it turns out it is book 8 in a series and my 1st book read from this author. Who knew, lol.

I give this 4.5 stars!!! It was profound writing. Touching. I cried and smiled and overall had a great time. This story makes you melt! I will totally be reading book 1+ and anything else by this author I can get my hands on. I am totally a new fan! =0)
------------------------------------------------------------
Krissys
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
One True Heart I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley. I honestly have no idea how to rate On True Heart. The idea is complex enough but I felt like a tourist passing through a really small town where everyone else knows the ins and outs, the secrets, the stories and the people passing me by on the sidewalk. I was window shopping instead of doing the full shopping spree along with everyone else because the residents were the only ones given a ticket to the store. I ...more
Shirley
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Series!

You can never get bored with a Harmony series novel. Three love stories woven together make a great novel. Beau comes back to town where his roots are. We meet the girl in the red mustang. Four new characters...loved that Drew and the Captain fall in love plus his crazy sister and the farmer. Small town intrigue.Martha Q appears again in her role as innkeeper...I love this town!
Amy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very nice read. I honestly enjoyed the plot and the mystery of trying to figure out who the scoundrel was in harmony. The flirting back-and-forth between the different couples was a little bit confusing for me especially since I’m not very familiar with this series having only read one other book. But I liked it. I really thought the characters were quite real. I think there was one scene where Lark I think took things a little too far (if you read the book you’ll know what I’m talkin ...more
Kathryn Rothermel
The characters are interesting and believable. There were three different stories going on in the small town of Harmony at the same time. This is #8 in a series, but there was no problem following the stories beginning with #8. I plan to read earlier books in the series. I usually listen to the audio books. This one was well done. I enjoyed it.
Phylisha Stone
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
New characters introduced as well as familiar characters combine to make a good book. I look forward to hearing more complete story/wedding story Johnny and Kare, Millanie and Drew, Beau and Trouble. I look forward to a follow up on on all these folks.
Sharon
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really that much to say except this was my last favorite of the Harmony series books. Glad it wasn't one of the first or I probably wouldn't have read the others and that would have been a shame as they are all quite good.
UberApril
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to UberApril by: Amy Ikari
I enjoyed all three stories. Order of enjoyment: farmer and his fairy, professor and his solider, singer and his banker. One side note the book hinted that Rick was running for district attorney and would likely grow old single. What happened to his marshall????
Mum
This is the first of this series that I have read. It seemed overly complicated. It was a good read but not a gripping read. Maybe if I had read the previous books, I would be more vested in the ancillary characters.
Cyndy
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite, but it a sweet romance of Harmony and Twisted Creek residents. Beau Yates deserves better than a spoiled rich girl who can't make up her mind.
Bettyb
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I tried to get into this book but it had too many main characters for me.
Robbi
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. I do wish it had more of a wrap up then there was.
OpenBookSociety.com
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jeanie

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Jeanie

One True Heart is my second visit to Harmony, the first one being A Place Called Harmony, introducing the founding families in post-Civil War America. It is a delight to now meet some of the heirs of these families and their appreciation for the little town that I enjoyed so much – and I absolutely have to read the books in between now!

This visit to Harmony leads us to Millanie McAllen, Captain McAllen, who returns to t
Amanda Toney
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“One True Heart” by Jodi Thomas takes her readers back to the pleasant town of Harmony, Texas. “One True Heart” (the 8th book in the Harmony series) is a wonderful blend of new characters and some of the longstanding residents of Harmony that readers have fallen in love with. Millanie McAllen, a newly retired Army Captain, returns to Harmony, the town that her great-great-grandparents helped settle and the one place she has always considered home. Millanie is a strong independent woman who has t ...more
Debbie Lester
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Readers are treated to a one-two-three knockout with Jodi Thomas's latest book in the Harmony series. One True Heart features not one, but three romantic couples. Readers who love this series will love the mix of old and new characters that Thomas brings to the ninth book in the series, about a small Texas town, steeped in history and love. This series just keeps getting better and better. In the tradition of authors like Debbie Macomber and Sherryl Woods, Jodi Thomas gives readers real stories ...more
Caroline Clemmons
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As she did in her historical romance about the founding of Harmony, Jodi Thomas takes three couples and intertwines them in this latest contemporary novel set in Harmony. In ONE TRUE HEART, six characters seemingly with no similarities become partners in the quest for a criminal and find love as well.

Former Captain Millicent McAllen has returned to Harmony to heal from her war wounds, a shattered leg. Harmony is the last place she felt secure and happy. Unfortunately, that was when she was ten y
Johanna
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

After a severe injury to her leg ends her career in the military, Captain Millanie McAllen makes her way back to her hometown of Harmony, Texas.

With little plans for her future, all she wants is to relax and allow her wounds to heal -but when she meets a mysterious man at airport who offers her a lift back to Harmony, she finds her plans beginning to take a surprising turn.

Drew Cunningham is a reclusive man with a secret. As a teacher and buries himself in his research in an attempt to hide fro
Book Binge
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this book we get three different but all interconnected stories. There’s Millanie and Drew, Beau and Trouble aka Lark as well as Johnny and Kare.

In Millanie’s story she believes herself discharged from the Army and with no family and no place to go she returns to Harmony, the town of her youth. There she meets Drew who is a professor but running from his own demons. Millanie is actually NOT discharged and is then put on a case of finding a criminal the military believes is hiding out in Harmo
Donna (More Than a Review)
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have recently become a fan of Jodi Thomas. She writes a book that captures your attention and doesn't let go. It's not an exciting thriller or something like that but somehow her writing just grabs you and the book is over before you realize it.
There are three storylines in One True Heart. Jodi has a gift for developing character to fall in love with. Beau which you may remember as the country singer, if you've been following the Harmony series, comes back to town when his father is ill. He ru
Mary
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jodi Thomas is back with the eighth installment of the Harmony series, One True Heart. The principal characters are all new to the series but there are a few cameos by some of Millanie McAllen’s relatives who’ve been featured in previous novels.

I liked the three storylines of One True Heart. Each character is working to get past a personal history they’d like to forget. Millanie and Drew have survived horrific events and just want to hide out in the Harmony area without details of their past bei
My Book Addiction and More MBA
ONE TRUE HEART by Jodi Thomas is another awesome Contemporary Romance set in small town of Harmony, Texas. #8 in "A Harmony" novel, but can be read as a stand alone. Please visit the author's website for a full listing of this amazing series!

Harmony, Texas just keeps getting better and better, in my opinion. In this one we meet Captain Millanie McAllen, Drew Cunningham, Beau Yates, Johnny Wheeler, and Kare Cunningham.

Filled with secrets, hidden secrets, buried pasts, passion, and romance. Love b
Linda
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the latest book about the small town of Harmony, Texas and its cast of characters. Millanie McAllen returns to her hometown of Harmony after suffering wounds in Afghanistan and being discharged from the Army. She is rescued at the airport by Drew Cunningham, who she correctly guesses as a professor. They are attracted to each other but each feels the other is hiding something so trust is not truly there. Beau Yates has finally made it big in country music and returns to Harmony for his f ...more
Tonya Warner
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Back to Harmony for three couples finding love and romance.

Millanie McAllen comes back to the town she had left long ago. Wounded, just out of the military, she is asked to perform another task for her country. Find a money laundering criminal that could be in hiding in her town. Finding one of her suspects, also happens to ignite her passion, she tries to eliminate Drew Cunningham from the list, but he has secrets he will not reveal.

Johnny Wheeler is thrown for a loop but the quirky antics of t
Lizziefaye's Comf...: One True Heart - Discussion Thread (Book 8) 1 2 Jan 15, 2019 05:23AM
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • Mr. Right Goes Wrong
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Unfaded Glory (Home to Glory, #2)
  • Hearth Stone (Home in the Hills, #1)
  • Share the Moon (Blue Moon Lake, #1)
  • Outback Sisters (Bunyip Bay, #4)
  • Love Me Tender (Caribou Crossing, #4)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Everson, Texas #2)
  • That Chesapeake Summer (Chesapeake Diaries, #9)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Pine Mountain, #3)
  • Spring Shadows (Seasons of Love, #3)
  • The Marriage Charm (The Brides of Bliss County, #2)
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.

Harmony (8 books)
  • Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • Chance of a Lifetime (Harmony, #5)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • Betting the Rainbow (Harmony, #7)
“He had no idea about the 'loving deeply' part. Scarlet was the one love he'd had. They'd married the weekend after they'd discovered they both like sangria. He'd thought they were waltzing through life and it turned out she was line dancing.” 1 likes