Start by marking “Armageddon Rules (Grimm Agency, #2)” as Want to Read:
Armageddon Rules (Grimm Agency, #2)

Armageddon Rules

(Grimm Agency #2)

Marissa Locks, newly appointed partner of the Grimm Agency, has a reputation for making a mess of magical matters—although causing Armageddon is a new low, even for her…

Marissa is due for a little happily ever after. After all, she did kill the evil Fairy Godmother, end a war, and snag a sweet promotion within the Fairy Godfather's magical-problem-solving Agency. But betwe
Published February 24th 2015 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Armageddon Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armageddon Rules

Melliane
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I really liked the first volume of this series and I admit that I was very excited to be able to immerse myself in the following novel to discover some new adventures of our beloved Marissa. I must say that she went through many things in the previous volume. I was a little scared at first I admit, because I could not see where the author wanted to take us, I could not understand if we had a real plot or if it was just the addition of small events. But after
Kt
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

This was such a fun book! I love Marissa's character. She's so quirky and sassy, plus has a backbone of steel to boot. And trust me, she needed it with everything that was thrown at her in this book. Considering what happened to her in the last book, it's impressive that the bag of nasty tricks this round was worse. But she handled everything in her usual quirky way. And let me just say, how she managed the apocalypse curses? Priceless. She
Nicole Luiken
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Fast-paced UF in a cool, over-the-top fairytale world. The author did a great job of taking away Marissa's support system. I really enjoy Marissa's voice.

Fave part: the first two plagues and the four horsemen's mounts.
Vilia
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love humorous urban fantasy novels
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This review was originally posted on Backchatting Books

Marissa is an old hand when it comes to dealing with things going awry but accidentally starting the apocalypse has to rate pretty high on the oops scale. An old foe emerges out of the shadows because, you know, life wasn't hard enough. She needs her friends to help defeat them but they have their own dramas to deal with.

Marissa often solves short term problems without considering the implications of these actions in the future. Anything t
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

ARMAGEDDON RULES follows in FREE AGENT's footsteps as an action-packed, roller-coaster ride of a novel, full of drama and never letting the reader catch a breath. While sometimes this works, in this case, the entire novel became a bit difficult to follow, with multiple plotlines and many similarly named characters offering the opportunity for confusion.

Marissa, our main character, started to grate on my nerves. She has grown up a little since the previ
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Penguin/Ace) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Armageddon Rules is the second installment in the Grimm Agency series by J.C. Nelson. Rules picks up 2 years after the end of Free Agency, and once again is told in the first person narrative by Marissa Lock. The same Lock who was once sold to Fairy Godfather Grimm to pay off her fa
Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received a review copy from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.

Armageddon Rules picks up a couple of years after the events of Free Agent. Marissa is no longer an agent as she was promoted to partner; but that doesn’t mean work at the agency is any mellower. Assassins are showing up every day, there’s a flesh-eating poodle infestation and oh yeah, Marissa accidently signed a demon contract promising to bring down the apocalypse. It’s just another day in Marissa Locke’s l
Laurel Wanrow
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-books
Whoa, up already! Super excited JC's second novel is hitting goodreads already.
Giriniss
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
maybe not so good as the first but still good enough
keikii Eats Books
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
56 points/100 (3 stars/5).

Marissa accidentally starts Armageddon in the midst of a whirlwind of problems, Grimm is missing, and someone keeps trying to kill her and everyone she knows.

I was really disappointed with this book. At forty percent through, I realised that I had no clue what this book was actually supposed to be about. Nelson wanted to showcase how many weird, "interesting" things they could put the characters through more than focusing on the plot. The author also makes same same tir
Natlyn
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
In the vein of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Marissa Locks polices beings and situations that the mundane don't want to know about. While J.C. Nelson has control of her(?) storytelling, I found the whole building too whimsical and each reveal of new creatures and how they fit into this world pushed a bit too far: for example, a prince who speaks in hyper-socially aware speech, trolls who take the idea of the risk of death makes living sweeter to extremes. That said, I enjoyed the contract n ...more
Mary Hartshorn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the second book in this series it is now 2 years later and Marissa and Liam are madly in love. Marissa is now a partner in the Grimm Agency, and she is about to have more problems than she can handle. Liam is contracted to a coven of vampires for 2 weeks on a different continent, while Marissa will soon have to deal with a demon who tricks her into starting the armageddon.

This girl is AMAZING at finding trouble, and everytime she thinks she fixes a problem, she soon discovers that she had ma
Fangs for the Fantasy
Marissa has a new wonderful life. She’s Grimm’s partner, fully involved in running the agency with all its wonders and petty annoyances. Her best friend Arianna has put her princess past behind her and is settling in as an agent. And her boyfriend Liam is still with her and it’s wonderful –barring some singeing from the half-dragon

But she made enemies – and those enemies have a lot of resources and a lot of patience. When they come for her Marissa finds herself alone, her friends endangered, abs
Chris
2.5 stars. Ok paranormal/fairy tale series about a woman whose parents sold her into indentured servitude working for the Grimm Agency. (I know, that's amazingly unhelpful even by my reviewette standards, but pretty much anything else I can say would be a spoiler.)
Roxy Fox
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this series. The ending to this book as well as the series was great. Strong female character. Good story and side characters. The sudden love was hard but I think there may be a book in between.
Clean
Leigh
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than the first one.
melissa
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some fun weirdness, but the lead, Marissa is seriously too stupid to live. And, I kinda want a demon poodle.
Karsyn
Meh. Good but not great. Didn't stick with me, took forever to read it, well for me. It's alright, just doesn't really stand out and is forgettable.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worth it if you can recognize that the character's flaws are meant to be flaws to be overcome and can stand the journey.
Ken Liljengren
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read.

Ken
Stephanie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
ARMAGEDDON RULES: The Apocalypse with a Humorous Twist

ORIGINAL POST 9/1/15: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Isn’t it funny how supernatural creatures are written with augmented human weaknesses or fallibility? If they are SUPERnatural shouldn’t they be above humanity’s characteristics? you know they have magic but are worried about their looks, they have power but are still greedy.

What I see is that these magical abilities or powers do not make supes better “people,” just more power hung
Annabelle Ng
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Over-the-top fantasy may not be everyone's cup of tea, but If you like the Charley Davidson series (First Grave on the Right), then you would highly appreciate Grimm Agency's second book - Armageddon Rules. Both series portray strong, brave, quirky and likeable female protagonists that kick ass and don't take shit from anybody. They aren't perfect, they screw up, but they step up and deal with it and that's what makes them so endearing (side eye some YA fantasy books).

Armageddon Rules doesn't d
Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I don't think I've enjoyed a book this much in months! Having 3 starred the first book in this series (Free Agent) I was expecting another mediocre book, but this book way exceeded those expectations.

I'm not going to run down the synopsis other than saying the book starts 2 years after the ending of the first and while everything appears to be running smoothly, well as smoothly as things can go in Mariss, Liam, and Ari! On the surface life is fairly good, except old enemies have b
Alex
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ron
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marissa has a boy friend, but also a problem - he tends to go scaly and breathe fire. She has made partner at the Grimm Agency, but has several Queens after her hide. One mad a deal with a demon, but Marrissa inadvertently signed a contract with the same demon to bring on an apocalypse! Luckily, Marissa has Larry the Lich lawyer on her side and cunningly weasels her way through to bringing on a "demon apocalypse". Plenty of poodles, puns, action and violence. More fun than Free Agents!
Mary
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
When everyone Marrissa depends on is threatened or out of the picture, she needs to work with the agency's new werewolf intern and a new piper (who play the kazoo) to save the rest of the agency, including Grimm, the fairy godfather) and begin and then stop the Apocalypse.

Entertaining, quick, fun read. Make sure you read the first book (Free Agent) and the novella (Soul Ink) in this series in order to understand and follow the characters in this book.
Dana
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Working for Godfather Grimm isn't an easy job but Marissa delivers with lots of sarcasm, snarky wit and a great deal of pluck. This book has a quick paced story that is a follow up to Free Agent by J. C. Nelson. The characters are well developed and their antics will leave you laughing until you cry. I truly enjoyed this book and recommend it to readers who like a flight of fancy in their twisted fairy tales. Truly a good read!
Latisha Bramlett
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Marissa has a lot on her plate. Everyone she loves is being attacked, Grim is missing, and she accidentally started the apocalypse. She has to figure out a way to save the world, and everyone she holds dear.

There was a lot of action in this book. Something was always happening, and we find out a few secrets about Grimm. The story also sets up some interesting storylines for future books. Is it August yet?
☀Rachael☀
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read book one and it took me a little while to remember who everyone was but other than that it was right what I needed today! 4.5*'s from me!

Fairies, Fae, Princesses, Princes, Demons, Hellhounds, four horsemen of the apocalypse, rip van winkle, and so many more characters to list!
Dr susan
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, you do not want a nutritious snack, you want candy. The Grimm Agency is urban fantasy candy; it is chock full of the apocalypse with unusual plagues, gore, oddly fun Horsemen, a helpful lich, a nerdy prince, a witchy princess, and a fairy godfather with too many secrets. Marissa does not disappoint in the second book of the Grimm Agency series.

• The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • The Final Test (The Secret of the Unicorn Queen, #3)
  • In the Beginning (Phoenix Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Wrath and Bones (The Marnie Baranuik Files #4)
  • Witch High
  • The Myth Manifestation (SPI Files, #5)
  • A Clockwork Heart (The Chronicle of Light and Shadow, #2)
  • Under the Gun (Underworld Detection Agency, #4)
  • A Sharpness on the Neck (Dracula Series, #9)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Last Breath (The Templar, #2)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • Shadows of Fate (Shadow Born, #1)
  • Pooka in My Pantry (Monster Haven, #2)
  • Shaman Rises (Walker Papers, #9)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Justice (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Cat Fight (Jane Yellowrock, #9.1)
A Texas native transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, JC Nelson works with software, herds chickens and children, and writes books.

Grimm Agency (3 books)
  • Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
“IN MY DEFENSE, I didn’t mean to start the Apocalypse. It wasn’t just my personal aversion to oblivion; I had a clear financial motive: The end of the world is bad for business.” 1 likes
“Few ground rules: If you’ve killed someone, I’m calling the cops. If you are dealing drugs, I’m calling the cops. If you are wanting me to buy Girl Scout cookies, I’m calling the cops. Anything else, I’ll help you with.” 1 likes